Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Property price will increase

Quote Originally Posted by yaozong7
    Haha but Bro Devilplate is really rich mah..... U r one of my idols in this forum leh! Kekeke......... Yes i think retiring in Malaysia is not so suitable for the lower income, due to the 2 weeks thingy.

It is a distinct possibility for middle-income like me though, & that's y u start seeing the JB market being heated up by Singaporeans these last 2 years. Of course, there are significant downside risks like lack of a vibrant rental market and security. So I stress again that it's not an option for everyone though I would love to have some bros here as my future neighbours..... Hehe....
    if you want to buy Malaysia property, buy it for own stay only dont bother about renting as the rental market is pathetic. better off putting the money in MY fixed d.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadey
    if you want to buy Malaysia property, buy it for own stay only dont bother about renting as the rental market is pathetic. better off putting the money in MY fixed d.
    I tot KL more vibrant?
    I know JB is pathetic.
    My in laws got a 2 BR pte apartment there. Rental only 650 ringgit.
    Pathetic.
    I ask why they want to let out, they say if leave it empty afraid of burglers and vandals.
    Have tenant better as there is someone to maintain the place.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    I tot KL more vibrant?
    I know JB is pathetic.
    Pathetic.
    I ask why they want to let out, they say if leave it empty afraid of burglers and vandals.
    650 rm may not be able to cover the cost of reno etc wor....plus tenants can rob ur hse too....chasing for rental payments no joke as well....

btw, leave the hse empty and since oredi empty, y scare of burgler and vandals when there is nothing to steal or vandalise? hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    650 rm may not be able to cover the cost of reno etc wor....plus tenants can rob ur hse too....chasing for rental payments no joke as well....

btw, leave the hse empty and since oredi empty, y scare of burgler and vandals when there is nothing to steal or vandalise? hahaha
    That's what we told her, but she said the tenant is a good one.
    My mother in-law got to know him when she took his taxi in JB.
    (btw, my mom in -law likes to talk to strangers and that's how she got involved in the car scam)
    Now he is working as an SBS bus driver and his wife a cashier in NTUC fairprice.
    Now he got some savings and wants to buy over the apartment.

Yes, JB properties not for rent 1. It's more to follow what the indonesians do to our District 9 luxury condo. Leave empty & flip on TOP. But must have holding power to leave the JB properties empty because rent is too low & renting may devalue the property for future flipping.....haha

Yes, JB properties not for rent 1. It's more to follow what the indonesians do to our District 9 luxury condo. Leave empty & flip on TOP. But must have holding power to leave the JB properties empty because rent is too low & renting may devalue the property for future flipping.....haha
    since got no rental prospect at all.....y buy JB ppty?

might as well rent one in JB instead?

those indon diff....they dunwan to rent out sg ppty not bcoz we hf same underlying problems as JB mah

if SG ppty cannot buy to let out, i wun touch at all hor

instead of buying a JB ppty.....put 250k RM to earn 3% FD can get u 625RM /mth interest....den use it to rent a 650RM 2bdr in JB better rite?

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    I tot KL more vibrant?
    I know JB is pathetic.
    Pathetic.
    buying strata title condo is worst. nobody cares about up keeping the place and owners are always late is paying their maintenance.

KL vibrant yes, but also more pricey as compared to Johor. Rental also weak because they dont have a big expact community.

If you dont have intention to live close to Singapore, can also consider Penang or Langkawi.

instead of buying a JB ppty.....put 250k RM to earn 3% FD can get u 625RM /mth interest....den use it to rent a 650RM 2bdr in JB better rite?
    Yah JB difficult to rent out, that's y I purchased only for home stay so that I can rent out SG properties to FT in future.....

The risk of investing in JB properties for capital gain is higher than SG bcos difficult to rent out. But capital gains can also be quite substantial depending on location of properties. As an eg, I bought my terrace for RM 500K. In phase 2, they are selling at RM 700K. But being more careful with my money, I din dare to invest in a 2nd JB property then.....haha

Yah JB difficult to rent out, that's y I purchased only for home stay so that I can rent out SG properties to FT in future.....

The risk of investing in JB properties for capital gain is higher than SG bcos difficult to rent out. But capital gains can also be quite substantial depending on location of properties. As an eg, I bought my terrace for RM 500K. In phase 2, they are selling at RM 700K. But being more careful with my money, I din dare to invest in a 2nd JB property then.....haha
    Hmmm....can u flip at let say 600-650k now since developer selling for 700k?

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

think hor, m'sia all the time got SSD 1.... donkey years old law...
    25% for 1st yr
    20% for 2nd yr
    15% for 3rd yr
    10% for 4th yr
    5% for 5th yr

but this tax is on sale's profit, not on sales price... no profit no tax...

I can but the problem is my retirement plan then goes up in smoke leh......haha....How to rent my SG properties to FT for retirement? Keke....

Oh yah, there's also a capital gains tax of 10% for first 2 years and 5% for 3rd to 5th year.....

http://www.malaysialoan.com.my/2012/...malaysia-rpgt/

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    I work in healthcare. Even if recession comes, people will still get sick and come to hospital.

We need more staff. Too many foreign talent in our industry. I just put out a directive to my HR to employ local Singaporeans only for my own (small) department.

Passive income generator. There is no magic one that is completely safe/recession-proof/can still have capital gains. You need a basket of different types of assets. Diversification is necessary. My parents hold shares of the local banks (OCBC/UOB). They buy when there's dips in the share prices (this is cyclical - like property). My in-law holds non-convertible preference shares in OCBC/Hyflux. They prefer not to buy property for investment as it is troublesome for them in their old age.
    You are in the right industry of Healthcare in SG context. It is obvious the govt and even Mr. Peter Lim is putting money into healthcare. However, healthcare is not a recession proof industry (purely in my opinion only), it is still a positive beta industry, albeit closer to the factor of zero.

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

I can but the problem is my retirement plan then goes up in smoke leh......haha....How to rent my SG properties to FT for retirement? Keke....

Oh yah, there's also a capital gains tax of 10% for first 2 years and 5% for 3rd to 5th year.....

rent out your hdb... S$3k/month... convert to MR7.5K... use MR1K (Or S$400) to rent a terrace house in jb... remaining MR6.5K shiok shiok enjoy low living expenses there... what's the problem? cannot rent house in jb meh?...

Actually wat i meant was can u find a buyer to offer let say 650k? Resale market and developer pricing can be very different hor

Greenwich first phase 9xxpsf, developer raised to 13xxpsf but tat doesnt mean those early buyer can flip close to 1300psf now

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    rent out your hdb... S$3k/month... convert to MR7.5K... use MR1K (Or S$400) to rent a terrace house in jb... remaining MR6.5K shiok shiok enjoy low living expenses there... what's the problem? cannot rent house in jb meh?...
    Ya lor exactly wat i am timking!

Instead of locking money into jb ppty, y not rent it! Rental yield about 3-4% for jb ppty and mortgage rates is about 4-5%!
    no brainer!

Same goes to aussie ppty now....LL is subsidising concubines! Wakaka

Not easy to convince the Mrs leh.......In fact, I have been told to set aside RM 150K for the renovation, so that she can do up the weekend home beautifully..... Haiz.....

Not easy to convince the Mrs leh.......In fact, I have been told to set aside RM 150K for the renovation, so that she can do up the weekend home beautifully..... Haiz.....
    If u can find someone to buy over at 650k now....SELL!!!

RM1K for Terrace house, which location?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

There is problem, BIG BIG PROBLEM! You know what is the problem?

PROBLEM IS: Such money looks easy to made because come out with 20% down payment, then sit there to collect money from rental. So you see, many people who missed the boat or didn't make money from properties start to get red eye, sour grape, jealous, and start shouting for prices to crash so that they hope they can get on the boat CHEEP CHEEP too and start to earn the so-called "easy money"!

So, govt don't want you to make easy money and also lose votes because many people missed the boat and have been complaining father-mother, so:
    - here comes 60% LTV (instead of previously 80%),
    - still not enough to correct the property price so there comes 16% SSD,
    - still not enough to correct the price so comes 10% ABSD.
    - 1 more round of cooling measure, I bet the price sure crash! Ha ha ha! Time to start to pick up durians lor!

Is property money easy? NO NO NO! You still need to take risk!
    Easy money and no risk are those who don't come out with their own money, who yet set their own salary package, justifying with all sort of reasons and the people who actually come out with the capital to be at risk can't even change their salaries, and their jobs are just to direct other people to do work!

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    i dont understand....

Whats wrong with depending on property for retirement income?
    Stay in HDB, rent out 2 condos at 4k each.... 8k per month income...

Plus still got CPF and insurance pay out...

When you die, you have three properties to leave for your children instead of nothing if you buy annuity...

If u can find someone to buy over at 650k now....SELL!!!
    Nothing personal here.

Have you ever ask yourself if you are in position to give advise on what when how to buy or sell Malaysia property?

Unless you have personally invested and studied the property market in
    Iskandar, if not it might be better to stop pretending like some GURU.

SELL? Why would any sensible investors want to exit when there are so many development happening in Iskandar right now?

Perhaps you should spend more time reading and learning before you speak. And dont get carried away by what others said about you.

No offense. Just my opinion.

Nothing personal here.

Have you ever ask yourself if you are in position to give advise on what when how to buy or sell Malaysia property?

Unless you have personally invested and studied the property market in
    Iskandar, if not it might be better to stop pretending like some GURU.

SELL? Why would any sensible investors want to exit when there are so many development happening in Iskandar right now?

Perhaps you should spend more time reading and learning before you speak. And dont get carried away by what others said about you.

No offense. Just my opinion.
    Nothing personal but u accuse me of pretending like some guru....lol

Ok i shall listen to other bro and ignore all ur comments from now....got too much time also dunwan to waste on u....wakaka

I say property will increase around 5-10% by the end of this year 2012 unless huge dip in STI and singapore economy, I don't foresee any property crashes once US and UK economy improves.

I recall a similar situation during Year 2009, when the stock market has rally, but ppl is still speculating the property market will continue to crash back to 2005 prices by end of Year 2009. Bull shit.

But the stock rallies, and the property market rally follow so and the property market quickly shoot way abv 2008 peak by year 2010.

If our local stock market is a healthy condition in the remaining on this year and on bull run, i can almost confirm plus gurantee we will not see a crash in property. 100% confirm

We may witness an increase in PPI as early as June/July 2012.

Don't miss the boat, the resale market is still dead now, and there are more and more firesales. It's a good timing to enter the market and the property market will rebounce earlier than we all expected.

Quote Originally Posted by singaporecondo99
    I say property will increase around 5-10% by the end of this year 2012 unless huge dip in STI and singapore economy, I don't foresee any property crashes once US and UK economy improves.

I recall a similar situation during Year 2009, when the stock market has rally, but ppl is still speculating the property market will continue to crash back to 2005 prices by end of Year 2009. Bull shit.

But the stock rallies, and the property market rally follow so and the property market quickly shoot way abv 2008 peak by year 2010.

If our local stock market is a healthy condition in the remaining on this year and on bull run, i can almost confirm plus gurantee we will not see a crash in property. 100% confirm

We may witness an increase in PPI as early as June/July 2012.

Don't miss the boat, the resale market is still dead now, and there are more and more firesales. It's a good timing to enter the market and the property market will rebounce earlier than we all expected.
    The reason why the resale and luxury market is dead is not because of external factor that is happening in the US or UK or Europe, but the cooling measures. And the last CM was introduced during a time of economic uncertainty with the whole intent of cooling the property prices.

And if like you said, world economy do recover, then there will be more reason for government to will not remove them because it didnt crash the market. In fact is property prices continue to surge ahead without any significant income growth, then get ready for CM6.

Nothing personal but u accuse me of pretending like some guru....lol

Ok i shall listen to other bro and ignore all ur comments from now....got too much time also dunwan to waste on u....wakaka
    I was expecting you to tell me why it is time to sell malaysia property not Wakakaka

I was expecting you to tell me why it is time to sell malaysia property not Wakakaka
    i oredi said i dunwan to waste my time on u....

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    There is problem, BIG BIG PROBLEM! You know what is the problem?
    .... who missed the boat or didn't make money from properties start to get red eye, sour grape, jealous, and start shouting for prices to crash ...
    actually, it's simply because he didn't make any money from gold.

i oredi said i dunwan to waste my time on u....
    wise decision!

I dont understand how is he here talking down property investment and asking ppl's advise in the D19 thread on which property to look at in punggol.

...if like you said, world economy do recover, then there will be more reason ....
    so u r saying, when the world economy recovers, stocks going up everywhere, and yet SG property will still go down simply because of gov measures ??

does this even make sense ??

I think when the world recovers, the only thing that will go down is gold ! Told you last year dun bet on gold hitting 2000 !

TS's optimistic opinion is based on a precondition that "world economy recovers". Even the lamest analyst will not predict a pty market crash when the whole economy is booming !

If you want to defend your stand, at the very least you should start by "world economy is not recovering yet"

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    so u r saying, when the world economy recovers, stocks going up everywhere, and yet SG property will still go down simply because of gov measures ??
    Think his Micro and Macro Economics got mixed up