Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: 900K cash + cpf, 800K+550K loan, shall I clear my loan first?

Quote Originally Posted by Condo Kaiser
    haha.. i wont have much left from the 900k after i go to patek and a lange...
    haha, can lah. no need to those with complications

if i got one PC and one HDB and i must sell one now....i will sell PC

PRIVATE PPTY IS HOPELESS

what is the point of saying 'foreigner is eligible to buy' ....den on the other hand, foreigner pay 10% ABSD

HOPELESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

devil u forget PC is also a lifestyle choice, that the member has chosen. It's not interchangeable with an HDB.

.. and I honestly think the 10% thing will be revised some how...

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    so this is only my personal opinion not advice hor : if your 5rm HDB had appreciated significantly, like a 100% (like bought new 300k, now worth 600k), I'm in favor of selling the HDB and realize the capital gains. Main reason: HDB is so heavily regulated, u never know when next time Gov says "no HDB renting is allowed" (You should remember last time HDB renting was VERY strict, not so easy like today). And when that happens u will see massive HDB resale supply. Plus your concern of massive oversupply of HDB coming online a few yrs later is VERY real. So many upgraders had bought OCR mass market condos in the last 2 yrs, all hoping later when condo TOP can sell/rent off their HDB to "finance" the condo. This is in addition to the massive nb of new HDBs being built.

You are already old enough to remember HDB prices, even in prime Queenstown/Bishan, had a similar drop before, from 700k to 400k. This is a risk you cannot ignore.
    Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    toking about regulation.....

i had NEVER expect govt to set 10% ABSD on foreigners for PRIVATE ppty!!!

so if toking about risk, HDB is having the lowest risk as compared to BIG TICKET PTE PPTY in terms of govt intervention

so if let say HDB not allowed to sublet....den i wud expect many will just stay on to their HDB and rent out PC when TOP lor if resale HDB px falls......

based on history, HDB px fall the least hor......
    selling HDB was one of options before... but now if sell, dont know when can buy back, also headache somemore, i already have so much cash on hand, don't know how to fully utilize it... i feel that it's not worthy to use HDB to exchange one small PC at this moment

so many ppl earning 20k household income huh ?

and seriously you need advice on these financial matters meh ?

so this is only my personal opinion not advice hor : if your 5rm HDB had appreciated significantly, like a 100% (like bought new 300k, now worth 600k), I'm in favor of selling the HDB and realize the capital gains. Main reason: HDB is so heavily regulated, u never know when next time Gov says "no HDB renting is allowed" (You should remember last time HDB renting was VERY strict, not so easy like today). And when that happens u will see massive HDB resale supply. Plus your concern of massive oversupply of HDB coming online a few yrs later is VERY real. So many upgraders had bought OCR mass market condos in the last 2 yrs, all hoping later when condo TOP can sell/rent off their HDB to "finance" the condo. This is in addition to the massive nb of new HDBs being built.

You are already old enough to remember HDB prices, even in prime Queenstown/Bishan, had a similar drop before, from 700k to 400k. This is a risk you cannot ignore.
    I am here to seek views and just in case I missed something which I have not thought off...

Quote Originally Posted by lucky new new
    selling HDB was one of options before... but now if sell, dont know when can buy back, also headache somemore, i already have so much cash on hand, don't know how to fully utilize it... i feel that it's not worthy to use HDB to exchange one small PC at this moment
    die die keep HDB for ur case....i cant buy HDB tats y end up wif MM.....wakakaka

u shd aim for landed......ur next goal

I already have so much cash on hand, don't know how to fully utilize it... i feel that it's not worthy to use HDB to exchange one small PC at this moment
    so the idea is to accumulate cash and exchange for a BIGGER PC so it's more worthy isn't it ? like the 10M St Regis. Or gun for firesale 5m Ardmore Park, or 5M for that bungalow at Victoria Park

devil u forget PC is also a lifestyle choice, that the member has chosen. It's not interchangeable with an HDB.

.. and I honestly think the 10% thing will be revised some how...
    yes.....

but let say HDB not allow to sublet anymore, den i am sure many will stay put at their HDB first if HDB cant fetch gd px

die die keep HDB for ur case....i cant buy HDB tats y end up wif MM.....wakakaka

u shd aim for landed......ur next goal
    DP bro, wheres ur MM

Quote Originally Posted by PV Excit
    I am here to seek views and just in case I missed something which I have not thought off...
    haha exactly as I thought. so my input help to validate your decision or not ?

Quote Originally Posted by price
    DP bro, wheres ur MM
    many bros noe oredi....clift lor....wakakaka

really? i nvr heard of this.....if u had used part of ur CPF for ur 5rm flat...den how come cpf allow u to use ALL ur cpf for ur PC??? tot must set aside 65k??

ppty px and rental up and down in a cycle....u got holding power wat.....if u sell ur hdb later on to reduce ur PC loan, u r actually taking a BIGGER RISK in the long run
    Got, this rule does not affect HDB as it is the only property held, that's all... It affects all 2nd property buyers...

Appreciate your advice, THANKS Bro!

many bros noe oredi....clift lor....wakakaka
    Wow thats just a couple of mins walk from where i am now How much/big?

haha exactly as I thought. so my input help to validate your decision or not ?
    ... your pt is the same as mine, but yet agree with what the other bros are saying too (the fact that cannot buy HDB again, rental income etc)... That's y I am here.... confused... hahaa

so the idea is to accumulate cash and exchange for a BIGGER PC so it's more worthy isn't it ? like the 10M St Regis. Or gun for firesale 5m Ardmore Park, or 5M for that bungalow at Victoria Park
    hahaha, my little heart only can take 800K at most! can't afford those D9, D10 big big name lah

hahaha, my little heart only can take 800K at most! can't afford those D9, D10 big big name lah
    u oredi tinking of redeem ur small 800k loan and yet amk suggesting u to take up few M loan....hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by PV Excit
    ... your pt is the same as mine, but yet agree with what the other bros are saying too (the fact that cannot buy HDB again, rental income etc)... That's y I am here.... confused... hahaa
    if let say u wana take a bigger risk, den u can tink of selling HDB and wait for PC firesale lor....

anyway when ur PC gona TOP?

For a 800k purchase, you should pay 400k down and hold 3 years of mortgage payments as a buffer. You should use the rest to either partial repay your loan to reach current LTV of 50% or lower and invest the remaining in other liquid investment class.

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    For a 800k purchase, you should pay 400k down and hold 3 years of mortgage payments as a buffer. You should use the rest to either partial repay your loan to reach current LTV of 50% or lower and invest the remaining in other liquid investment class.
    bro...i remember u not into equities.....so wat other type of liquid investment class u r refering to?

if let say u wana take a bigger risk, den u can tink of selling HDB and wait for PC firesale lor....

anyway when ur PC gona TOP?
    My PC TOP late 2014 or early 2015... that's why the massive batch of HDB are ready too. But I guess I dont have to rush to sell my HDB then, can try renting first...

bro...i remember u not into equities.....so wat other type of liquid investment class u r refering to?
    You remember well my friend. Others could include FD etc. Basically, the money is meant to be stored as ammo for future buys that could happen anytime, and you do not want to be stuck in an illiquid position or in a downside situation.

I dunno why some bros/sis on this forum are against equities. Keeping $$$ in cash is pretty useless too. Inflation means that your $$$ are shrinking all the time and the miserable interest rate for Fixed D is laughable. If you select a basket of blue-chip equities (from STI) spread out across industries and your timing is not so suay, it will still be better than keeping in the bank or some low yield instruments.

I have to admit that I was also sceptical of equities when I was in my 30s. However I come to realise that equities are okay as part of your non-property portfolio. I see my parents and in-laws.....their equities have done well for them after they retired - they have no property income (my Dad lives comfortably on his dividend income from 2 main counters OCBC and UOB - he retired abt 30 years ago). They don't hold assets like gold/bonds etc. There were not really high flyers either. Professionals/civil servants.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

On the other hand, govt owe every citizen 1 cheap HDB flat for the 1st time! If not next time come GE2016, HDB prices too expensive is an issue, and their promise $1k pm salary can afford a 2bedroom HDB, what will be be the price of HDB flats?

if i got one PC and one HDB and i must sell one now....i will sell PC

PRIVATE PPTY IS HOPELESS

what is the point of saying 'foreigner is eligible to buy' ....den on the other hand, foreigner pay 10% ABSD

HOPELESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

The reverse may be true, like in 1998-2005, those can afford people rather stay in private condos and sell HDB flats (can't fetch good price like previously but still good profit before they become gone!), resale HDB flats super over-supply, so cheep cheep!

yes.....

but let say HDB not allow to sublet anymore, den i am sure many will stay put at their HDB first if HDB cant fetch gd px

Also based on history, we have never seen 5-rm HDB flats selling for >$500k in ulu places in Singapore until after recent few years! Go back to history means have to drop back to about $300+k only?

toking about regulation.....

i had NEVER expect govt to set 10% ABSD on foreigners for PRIVATE ppty!!!

so if toking about risk, HDB is having the lowest risk as compared to BIG TICKET PTE PPTY in terms of govt intervention

so if let say HDB not allowed to sublet....den i wud expect many will just stay on to their HDB and rent out PC when TOP lor if resale HDB px falls......

based on history, HDB px fall the least hor......

It is all about location even for landed property. Last deal in Feb around my area already closing at $1600psf. Have been staying in landed and still prefers landed especially it is FH and FP (got title deeds). Condos are meant to be rented our for passive income as they have higher rental.
    I feel the good size for landed should be around 2500 sqft. if at good location, not that cheap even at 2008 time.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Also based on history, we have never seen 5-rm HDB flats selling for >$500k in ulu places in Singapore until after recent few years! Go back to history means have to drop back to about $300+k only?
    last time orchard condo at most 1500psf

It really depends on the kind of life when one retires either at the official age or early retirement. $3000-$4000/pax may be enough for now. 20 years later may need double of the above-mentioned amount to enjoy the same lifestyle. Hence, better be safe to achieve at least $15k/month of passive income to financially independent.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    I dunno why some bros/sis on this forum are against equities. Keeping $$$ in cash is pretty useless too. Inflation means that your $$$ are shrinking all the time and the miserable interest rate for Fixed D is laughable. If you select a basket of blue-chip equities (from STI) spread out across industries and your timing is not so suay, it will still be better than keeping in the bank or some low yield instruments.

I have to admit that I was also sceptical of equities when I was in my 30s. However I come to realise that equities are okay as part of your non-property portfolio. I see my parents and in-laws.....their equities have done well for them after they retired - they have no property income (my Dad lives comfortably on his dividend income from 2 main counters OCBC and UOB - he retired abt 30 years ago). They don't hold assets like gold/bonds etc. There were not really high flyers either. Professionals/civil servants.

The reverse may be true, like in 1998-2005, those can afford people rather stay in private condos and sell HDB flats (can't fetch good price like previously but still good profit before they become gone!), resale HDB flats super over-supply, so cheep cheep!
    yes
    so the strategy is to buy a HDB and SELL ALL UR PC without having receiving a taxman call/letter

PC hopeless....resale flats same fate too as u suggested

SELL ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the other hand, govt owe every citizen 1 cheap HDB flat for the 1st time! If not next time come GE2016, HDB prices too expensive is an issue, and their promise $1k pm salary can afford a 2bedroom HDB, what will be be the price of HDB flats?
    later netizens complain say y orchard condos so ex....must be affordable to all citizens

ok den impose MOP 10yrs for all orchard rd condos!!!

u better SELL ALL B4 ITS TOO LATE!!!