Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Property...EASY to sell...HARD to buy...

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i got an acquaintance staying in Elias G too last time....he sold it at breakeven px after a long wait of negative equity ....well at least stay there at subsidised rate......bank interest = rental

same goes to changi green and court....1st owner finally see the light after the mrt announcement
    its no more elias green...now called elias..BLACK...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    tks bro appreciate the advice i am not trying to time the mkt...cos i know when it comes to property and stock mkt that is a recipe to disaster...NEVER think you are smarter than the MKT..thats when you end up getting burnt...

to set the record STRAIGHT...i was chased out of my EX condo by the LARGE influx of FT that moved in...it was become a NIGHTMARE to live there with all the noise and SMELL!!!...plus the fact that with previous mistakes i made i was in a STATE of NEGATIVE equity....so basically to get back on track i made a DECISION to sell realising that with my PUNY hdb apt i still have my SMALL toe in the mkt....anyway i sold and now am in a state OF positive capital MUCH more than i have been in my whole life...having tasted the sucess of POSITVE property investment i DO realise that money in the pocket/bank/under pillow will all ERODE if it is NOT managed correctly....hopefully the lessons and mistakes i have made in life have made me a WISER person and i can bring
    myself and my family to the next level of financial freedom thru proper capital INVESTMENT(be it thru property or other means)....

its great sharing thoughts and ideas thru a keyboard and a mouse...so whatever happens when my time is up with
    [email protected] may or may not move back to [email protected] at least i KNOW after my experience at CONDO@pasir ris....EXACTLY what to look for whether its in a HDB/CONDO/LANDED property....isnt that what LIFE is all about....living n learning....

CHEERS...got to cheong to SUNTEC....LEVEL 4...

gates open at 12 NOON....
    Appreciate your honest comments...
    I am sure you will make money....

Must be able to leant from past actions and be smarter.... Cannot keep sticking to one view point.... Can country and educate Mr B and Stanlin?

Hi radha08, have you seen this one near haig girls school?
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...g-girls-school

Maybe you can go and bargain the price down?

i got an acquaintance staying in Elias G too last time....he sold it at breakeven px after a long wait of negative equity ....well at least stay there at subsidised rate......bank interest = rental

same goes to changi green and court....1st owner finally see the light after the mrt announcement
    u live ard the east?? u sound very familar with the projects here leh... u are right about the changi green and changi court pricing...

my parents bought a 2bedroom tower block unit in changi court(2nd owner) after their investment unit has been enbloc-ed by Capitaland for seafront@meyere=...

the price is stagnant for years... i think got reach below 500k ... after 12yrs of collecting rent... finally they see "daylight" for changi court after DTL + SUTD announcement... my mom says its an ugly duckling turn swan... i think its a good analogy ...

Quote Originally Posted by toiletsiao
    u live ard the east?? u sound very familar with the projects here leh... u are right about the changi green and changi court pricing...

my parents bought a 2bedroom tower block unit in changi court(2nd owner) after their investment unit has been enbloc-ed by Capitaland for seafront@meyere=...

the price is stagnant for years... i think got reach below 500k ... after 12yrs of collecting rent... finally they see "daylight" for changi court after DTL + SUTD announcement... my mom says its an ugly duckling turn swan... i think its a good analogy ...
    now 2bdr almost 1kpsf liao....HUAT AGH!

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp

infamous everitt leh....joo chiat area....prone to flooding too.....NO-NO

infamous everitt leh....joo chiat area....prone to flooding too.....NO-NO
    Oh, really?
    Wow bro, u expert, one look n u know. Must seek your advice in future when I am ready to buy in future.

he he everrit road you know its very true the famous squabbling of the neighbours there in a few of the houses police have been called in a couple of times...actually the area is very nice by day...got a lot of good eating places and nice charm but by night its a bit of a sleaze....with stray woman from the joo chiat area lurking around...

recently i seen a few police signs around about case of house breaking as well as thefts hapenning in car pars there real bad publicity for the area

if they ever clean out the pubs and bars at joo chiat the are will be a gem...

Quote Originally Posted by toiletsiao

very true ugly duckling turned swan...

he he everrit road you know its very true the famous squabbling of the neighbours there in a few of the houses police have been called in a couple of times...actually the area is very nice by day...got a lot of good eating places and nice charm but by night its a bit of a sleaze....with stray woman from the joo chiat area lurking around...

recently i seen a few police signs around about case of house breaking as well as thefts hapenning in car pars there real bad publicity for the area

if they ever clean out the pubs and bars at joo chiat the are will be a gem...
    Yup...... The sign that says that thief at large at the junction of joo chiat road n koon seng road.
    Actually so unattractive place, but owner asking so high!

Yup...... The sign that says that thief at large at the junction of joo chiat road n koon seng road.
    Actually so unattractive place, but owner asking so high!
    what to do owner is king....

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

my condo estate dropped from >10 transactions/month to 7-8 transactions/month, to now 1 transaction/month...
    if you buy now, you cannot sell... if nothing happens, price hold,... but not much upside...
    if something big happens... haha... "got-show-see"!!...

meanwhile continue renting might not be a bad idea, you already got 1 hdb sitting there paying your rent....
    can take sweet time hunt slowly for your shiok shiok penthouse...

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    my condo estate dropped from >10 transactions/month to 7-8 transactions/month, to now 1 transaction/month...
    if you buy now, you cannot sell... if nothing happens, price hold,... but not much upside...
    if something big happens... haha... "got-show-see"!!...

meanwhile continue renting might not be a bad idea, you already got 1 hdb sitting there paying your rent....
    can take sweet time hunt slowly for your shiok shiok penthouse...
    ya thats my plan...same goes with my ex-condo...jan - NO transaction..feb - 1 transaction...last year average 2 to 3 transaction a month...seems like every one sitting on side line...

On the contrary will ask my kids to buy HDB first as an entitlement for Singaporean when get married or reach 35. They can buy PCs later or pass on to them collect monthly passive income. I have missed the boat and will not want them to miss the boat too unless exceed HDB limits with the first job.
    Quote Originally Posted by price
    I bought my first PC at 24. Turning 25 end of this year. if things continue to be good for me, I can't buy BTO / EC when i hit 30 so i thought why wait?

but i think the rule of dual ownership sucks...if u buy a HDB u cannot buy pc for 5 years...how to invest like that...

I went through this one. Bought a new HDB last time and feel helpless everytime a new condo is launched. But I must admit, it was the best thing that happened to me. After 5 years more cash and CPF to go for the next property. HDB prices went up further after the MOP and I doubt any of the new HDB prices will drop lower than cost price.
    So all in all, a WIN-WIN situation.

used to be must grab hdb...nowadays...better to grab EC

Quote Originally Posted by Santro
    I went through this one. Bought a new HDB last time and feel helpless everytime a new condo is launched. But I must admit, it was the best thing that happened to me. After 5 years more cash and CPF to go for the next property. HDB prices went up further after the MOP and I doubt any of the new HDB prices will drop lower than cost price.
    So all in all, a WIN-WIN situation.
    ya but dont forget now not so easy 2nd property need 40% dp...

Yes bro. I was lucky that I escaped the 40% dp.
    ya but dont forget now not so easy 2nd property need 40% dp...

... a king... with castles in the air.

owners are still asking for sky high prices bcoz they can. I tend to think buyers have the upper hand. Other than new launches, most of the resales that I have seen are not closing as fast as they used to. many agents are getting worried about their future prospects and are planning alternative careers.

Quote Originally Posted by Santro
    Yes bro. I was lucky that I escaped the 40% dp.
    yup quite impossible for average working joe to afford 2nd property now....1mil prop u need 400k cash/cpf...thats a LOT....

yup quite impossible for average working joe to afford 2nd property now....1mil prop u need 400k cash/cpf...thats a LOT....
    Your HDB outstanding loan amount should be less than $400k if you bought BTO at least 5 years back, paid at least 10% and serviced mortgage loan for at least 5 years already. Simply pay up the outstanding loan to enjoy 80% LTV lor... if you bought resale at above $600k 5 years back, then your location is too good to move... enjoy your good hdb...

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Your HDB outstanding loan amount should be less than $400k if you bought BTO at least 5 years back, paid at least 10% and serviced mortgage loan for at least 5 years already. Simply pay up the outstanding loan to enjoy 80% LTV lor... if you bought resale at above $600k 5 years back, then your location is too good to move... enjoy your good hdb...
    mine cheap cheap one dont know whether good or bad...good cos can get rental income bad cos cannot cash out UNLESS i DONT want to own another hdb...cos if i cash out and buy private thats end of HDB for me cos of laws...

mine cheap cheap one dont know whether good or bad...good cos can get rental income bad cos cannot cash out UNLESS i DONT want to own another hdb...cos if i cash out and buy private thats end of HDB for me cos of laws...
    Since its cheap cheap, then pay up the outstanding loan to enjoy 80% LTV for another PC lor. Also, remember laws can change... maybe when property demand drops, these laws might be removed? Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Since its cheap cheap, then pay up the outstanding loan to enjoy 80% LTV for another PC lor. Also, remember laws can change... maybe when property demand drops, these laws might be removed? Lol!

by then maybe bank pay to give away loan! 120% loan!

Land area only 1530 sq ft, but has 7 BR (3storeys +1).
    Price - $ 3,050,000 ...... in Joo Chiat.

http://www.iproperty.com.sg/property...errace-ForSale

Wonder why owner did extensive reno 1 year ago (according to advert), now want to sell.

Wonder why owner did extensive reno 1 year ago (according to advert), now want to sell.
    wow 7 bed rooms! can these owner build up to 5 storeys?

Got people like that.
    Buy then A and A then sell. They know they are not going to stay for long.
    Personally I find it too much of a hassle, but hey, it is another way to make a living, though with the seller's stamp duty, not worth it for the first three years now.

last 2 years this area commanding 1.5-1.8m the most.

After renovation can ask 3mil.

how many storey can they build up to?