Thread: One leicester under value??

Default One leicester under value??

Just curious, why OL only transacted @1100-1200psf. Its FH,near mrt,school. While punggol or bedok reseidence transacted around 1300-1500.. And its LH.
    Need enlighten from guru here...OL undervalue or punggol/bedok overvalue?

IMHO both over-valued.

OL is at one of the most congested part of PIE where it meets one of the most congested part of CTE.

Quote Originally Posted by heroes
    Just curious, why OL only transacted @1100-1200psf. Its FH,near mrt,school. While punggol or bedok reseidence transacted around 1300-1500.. And its LH.
    Guess most of the units are for own stay. No flippers to push the price upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    IMHO both over-valued.

OL is at one of the most congested part of PIE where it meets one of the most congested part of CTE.
    Congested means accessible but i think FH <bigplot> near mrt is rare...

[QUOTE=DC33_2008]Guess most of the units are for own stay. No flippers to push the price

Its mean supply is limited... If demand high why the price still<1200 and rent also not more than sgd 4psf. location better than punggol or bedok. Waterfront wave rent rate is about 4psf

Congested means accessible but i think FH <bigplot> near mrt is rare...
    Yea if i got enough money definitely will get 1 unit here so much empty land around woodleigh, PAP just took over PP, im sure the area will be developed soon (before the next GE)

Brand New LH e.g Rochelle near Newton MRT, one stop from orchard mrt, at 1300-1400pfs, which has more value? So its relative, other than mrt proximity, other local considerations come into play.

Possible for it to catch up, but it has to be compared with other LH and FH in the vicinity. Oft heard limitations at forum, too close to junction, very heavy traffic, and pollution.

The way I look at, if the price is right there will be flippers.

I think escalating prices encourage flippers rather than flippers encourage price escalation.

So it may be that OL is not very "flippable".

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Guess most of the units are for own stay. No flippers to push the price upwards.

My bro bought one pool- facingunit on high floor and have a view towards bidadari park at resale price of $850psf at TOP. They hae no regrets. They can get into Suntec in less than 15mins.
    Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    The way I look at, if the price is right there will be flippers.

I think escalating prices encourage flippers rather than flippers encourage price escalation.

So it may be that OL is not very "flippable".

Ur bro vy daring....when it TOP in 2008, market was so uncertain and ol 8xxpsf was damn high

I tot of getting another unit upon TOP too but decide against it

I told him to go for it at that time given the uncertainty. It was the time that I was eyeing SB too.
    Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Ur bro vy daring....when it TOP in 2008, market was so uncertain and ol 8xxpsf was damn high

I tot of getting another unit upon TOP too but decide against it

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    I told him to go for it at that time given the uncertainty. It was the time that I was eyeing SB too.
    Oh ya tat time sb got few high flr units going for 9xxpsf

Tinking back abit regret nvr buy...i offer low low all got rejected...lol

W28 got a lot of attention then so many people missed OL. Me asked about there but decided against it coz of nearby PIE.. noise and air pollution...

Yup, I got one of those highest floor. No regret!
    Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Oh ya tat time sb got few high flr units going for 9xxpsf

Tinking back abit regret nvr buy...i offer low low all got rejected...lol

Those facing pool is good with North-South facing. Wind mainly coming into the home via the balcony and flow towards the expressway at the rear. One and two bedders are really bad with noise and air pollution. W28 has these problems plus direct morning or afternoon sun. So still do not know why people are paying such price!
    Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    W28 got a lot of attention then so many people missed OL. Me asked about there but decided against it coz of nearby PIE.. noise and air pollution...

Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2
    Brand New LH e.g Rochelle near Newton MRT, one stop from orchard mrt, at 1300-1400pfs, which has more value? So its relative, other than mrt proximity, other local considerations come into play.

Possible for it to catch up, but it has to be compared with other LH and FH in the vicinity. Oft heard limitations at forum, too close to junction, very heavy traffic, and pollution.
    Why people keep using Rochelle as example?
    Rochelle bigger quantum becos larger unit + LH sitting on FH land, again, difficult to enbloc.
    Rochelle 2bedder 1.5m, 3bedder 1.7m, BR 2bedder only 1.2m n 3bedder 1.4m.

Traffic jam at OL junction is a real killer ... nobody like living so near the busy junction .. Rochelle address is much more coveted

Maybe someone can enlighten how bad the traffic is in and out of leicester during peak hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    Maybe someone can enlighten how bad the traffic is in and out of leicester during peak hour.
    I live in that area. Drive in and out all the time. Worst timing to be honest will be during 7+am when Saint Andrew's Village gets populated.

Honestly, how many get affected at this hour? The jam aint that bad. Still takes barely 15mins to get to town.

Quote Originally Posted by price
    I live in that area. Drive in and out all the time. Worst timing to be honest will be during 7+am when Saint Andrew's Village gets populated.

Honestly, how many get affected at this hour? The jam aint that bad. Still takes barely 15mins to get to town.
    Today i juz drove along serangoon road ard 7.30pm towards Kovan. Jammed like crazy

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Today i juz drove along serangoon road ard 7.30pm towards Kovan. Jammed like crazy
    Thats not one Leicester right? U can take the flyover to kovan!

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Thats not one Leicester right? U can take the flyover to kovan!
    Whole area lah. Already told u in e area traffic is bad.