Page 74 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4449545964697071727374757677787984899499104 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 4428

Thread: A few CCR transactions sold at a loss (reported in The Edge)

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Soon, it will spread to RCR and OCR...................
    And OCR will have the biggest crash and biggest 'bargain' from current price (because they have risen by the most in percentage terms)................................

Quote Originally Posted by catsick View Post
    That is what I am doing , there are plenty of very cheap offers in the market , and I am looking to buy something at a very heavy discount , for example there is a very nice penthouse at tanglin view , it is a fire sale with a very desperate seller, this will appear soon as a sale on the ura at such a low price it will cause the usual de-coupling response ...

Seriously speak to any agent in the ccr and tell them you have cash to buy with and dont need a loan and they will have plenty of desperate sellers to hook you up with ...

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    eg husband + wife, husband "sells" his share to wife to release his name for buying another property or vice versa.
    Thanks bargain hunter.

Also, can I check the numerous buy/sell stats that you've kindly shared with us... e.g;

Lumiere #10-01 678 sq ft

Bought 14 Jul 2010 1730psf
    Sold 5 May 2014 1670psf

Are these found in The Edge? Do we need to pay to access them? Thanks.

some people everyday dream crash... keep clam and keep dreaming.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

from www.squarefoot.com need to subscribe

Quote Originally Posted by Bentley88 View Post
    Thanks bargain hunter.

Also, can I check the numerous buy/sell stats that you've kindly shared with us... e.g;

Lumiere #10-01 678 sq ft

Bought 14 Jul 2010 1730psf
    Sold 5 May 2014 1670psf

Are these found in The Edge? Do we need to pay to access them? Thanks.

the tanglin view one, confirm sell at a loss. haven't been following. still unsold?

Quote Originally Posted by catsick View Post
    That is what I am doing , there are plenty of very cheap offers in the market , and I am looking to buy something at a very heavy discount , for example there is a very nice penthouse at tanglin view , it is a fire sale with a very desperate seller, this will appear soon as a sale on the ura at such a low price it will cause the usual de-coupling response ...

Seriously speak to any agent in the ccr and tell them you have cash to buy with and dont need a loan and they will have plenty of desperate sellers to hook you up with ...

a bargain which I mentioned before right here in this thread:

Waterscape #07-22 1894 sq ft

Bought 30 Jun 2010 2059psf
    Sold 9 May 2014 1636psf

Gross loss 800k. -20.5%

Robinson Suites, not 1 but 2 firesales. same buyer?

both bought around 2900psf, sold at 22xxpsf.

breakeven selling

One Shenton 1141 sq ft

Bought 12 Feb 2007 1841psf
    Sold 5 May 2014 1925psf

Gilstead Two

#19-04 904 sq ft

Bought 12 Aug 2010 1978psf
    Sold 6 May 2014 1991psf

could not cover stamp duty.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Soon, it will spread to RCR and OCR...................
    And OCR will have the biggest crash and biggest 'bargain' from current price (because they have risen by the most in percentage terms)................................
    Don't bet on it. Just recently a unit at Carabelle was sold, at $1,234 psf. The price has not budged. Most homes in OCR are occupied by owners, unlike CCR homes. CCR and OCR home prices will eventually equalize. You know what that means. CCR prices will crash to OCR levels.

from www.squarefoot.com need to subscribe
    Thanks mate.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad View Post
    Don't bet on it. Just recently a unit at Carabelle was sold, at $1,234 psf. The price has not budged. Most homes in OCR are occupied by owners, unlike CCR homes. CCR and OCR home prices will eventually equalize. You know what that means. CCR prices will crash to OCR levels.
    That's a curious assertion.

If , as a homeowner, you get to choose between 2 identical condos, both going at the same price, one in Pasir Ris and one in River Valley, which would you choose?

i think the issue is that a lot of people today (esp the new immigrants) no longer have the same hard up as in the past for 9,10,11

they look at convenience, schools, transport, and that is why Bishan, toa payoh holds up so well. there's no baggage, no history.

Quote Originally Posted by sporadic View Post
    That's a curious assertion.

If , as a homeowner, you get to choose between 2 identical condos, both going at the same price, one in Pasir Ris and one in River Valley, which would you choose?
    Of course choose Pasir Ris. Just like London - Singapore will become homegenous in pricing, just like Chelsea costs the same as Croydon & in New York Manhattan is the same as Queens. [/sarcasm]

Shame Ringo doesn't seem to be around to answer your question.
    Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon - it knocks over the pieces, craps on the board and flies back to it's flock to claim victory.

Hi EDB

Sure boh? you will choose Pasir Ris???

I will prefer River Valley anytime.....

the tanglin view one, confirm sell at a loss. haven't been following. still unsold?

Yup, I can see prices coming down but didnt crash..I also saw the adv for this tanglin view for sale ...so it is sold liao..at what price? any idea?

Rental should b good in Tview.

My friend, 3 bedded, 1200 sq ft rented for $5.5K .

Quote Originally Posted by Werther View Post
    Yup, I can see prices coming down but didnt crash..I also saw the adv for this tanglin view for sale ...so it is sold liao..at what price? any idea?

Rental should b good in Tview.

My friend, 3 bedded, 1200 sq ft rented for $5.5K .
    please look at the selling price of 1200sq ft....

then you can calculate gross yield....

btw, if rental amount high, property tax rate also increase... hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut View Post
    please look at the selling price of 1200sq ft....

then you can calculate gross yield....

btw, if rental amount high, property tax rate also increase... hahahahaha
    currently the rental sweet spot is studio units as the property tax is lower. thus yield is the best verses bigger units. but as usual location location location.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    currently the rental sweet spot is studio units as the property tax is lower. thus yield is the best verses bigger units. but as usual location location location.
    And also easy to swallow because of downpayment, tdsr and absd

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    Many in this forum have argued that as pty prices fall, even CCR studios would suffer as people would rather rent bigger units or buy bigger units in OCR. Do u see a future for studio units?

Quote Originally Posted by Singleton View Post
    Many in this forum have argued that as pty prices fall, even CCR studios would suffer as people would rather rent bigger units or buy bigger units in OCR. Do u see a future for studio units?
    very easy. u can always ask a agent which units they can rent out faster those studio in Good location or big units in the same location. moving to a OCR bigger unit no need to wait for price to drop. Its a matter of need and choice. good location studio is always easier to move when compared in the same area becoz its rental will always be lower than the bigger units.

If a family need is space and have budget issue. OCR is the only choice.

thats why I say Studio in OCR are not tested. i always believe min 2 bedder in OCR in CCR studio is easy to rent out.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

actually what i dont get most is MMs in 9,10,11

i think MMs make perfect sense in 1,2,7 etc that kind of working district

Helios 1701 sq ft #13-05

Bought 27 Jun 2007 3070psf
    Sold 12 May 2014 2781psf

The Sail #62-20 614 sq ft

Bought 26 May 2010 2689psf
    Sold 2 May 2014 2543psf

Bargain hunter, thanks for the update.

It seems priced didn't drop as much as previous transactions. Does it mean those knee jerk sellers have most sold theirs... So now most of the sellers can wait, therefore, prices are not dropping as much.

It seems priced didn't drop as much as previous transactions. Does it mean those knee jerk sellers have most sold theirs... So now most of the sellers can wait, therefore, prices are not dropping as much.
    you concluding the entire market's trend based on two transactions

personal feel: less desperate sellers and more keen buyers than earlier this year. but whether there would be an increase in desperate sellers in the 2nd half of 2014 or they have already sold, i do not know.

there has been in increase in volume in higher quantum units recently compared with the start of the year.

personal feel: less desperate sellers and more keen buyers than earlier this year. but whether there would be an increase in desperate sellers in the 2nd half of 2014 or they have already sold, i do not know.

there has been in increase in volume in higher quantum units recently compared with the start of the year.
    Hi bargain

I feel the same.
    Looking at sat classified, no interesting properties to look...sianz. All good buy become good-bye?
    Bargain hunter, where to look for good bargain? Tks

Spot on!!!

u watch kit kat advertisement before right?

every day look at propertyguru see the same ads is sian, but for a very short time, an interesting ad usually pops up and if u dun grab it, someone else will. unless u have well connected agents working for u, u will have to do all the hard work yourself. there's no short cut.

i see that within the 3 to 5m space, now and then there are interesting ads and i've highlighted a few before, these units were subsequently sold.

i'm not sure what quantum u r looking at but at < 3m, good deals are harder to come buy. e.g. good units do not come cheap and there are also fewer sellers willing to sell at a bargain.

Hi bargain

I feel the same.
    Looking at sat classified, no interesting properties to look...sianz. All good buy become good-bye?
    Bargain hunter, where to look for good bargain? Tks