Page 114 of 148 FirstFirst ... 84899499104109110111112113114115116117118119124129134139144 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,420 of 4428

Thread: A few CCR transactions sold at a loss (reported in The Edge)

Thanks for the sharing.

OCR is not all the same and depends on one's purpose, they can be deployed differently.

Some of OCR does "trickle back to CCR" but not all. Much depends on the motivation, intention and buyer profile.

I like D5 as well but even within D5 it's very non-uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    Great article.

I shared many of your views.

For own stay, it will be a different sets of yardsticks.

For me even for investments, i add another criteria.

Apart from liking it and wanting to also live in it, I try to also assess, which group of tenants would want to rent at that location.

Which is why my portfolio includes D5... nice 'away from city' environment, yet sufficient "shipping' people, NUS people, who would rent from me.

And now, with the Mapletree business centre at Alexandra ... the tenant pool also increased.

With the ports moving away from keppel ...thru pasir panjang....to Tuas ... seafront living etc ... D5 continues to gain popularity.

So for investment, i tend to assess the POTENTIAL of the location as well..

and i do not limit myself to just D9 10 11...
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Some possible bargains from QC extension fees:

Project Deadline
    Interlace SEP 2015
    Lincoln Suites APR 2016
    Starlight Suites MAY 2016
    Waterscape SEP 2016
    The Peak @ Cairnhill I Sep 2016
    D'leedon Oct 2016
    The Boutiq Oct 2016
    OUE Twin Peaks Feb 2017
    Leedon Residence Jun 2017
    Skyline Reisdences Aug 2017
    Paterson Collection Oct 2017

less sellable projects
    iLiv@Grange Oct 2015
    Tomlinson Heights Mar 2016
    Twenty One Angullia Park Apr 2016
    Le Nouvel Ardmore Apr 2016
    Nouvel 18 Nov 2016
    Ardmore 3 Dec 2016
    The Nassim Aug 2017

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post

Project Deadline
    Interlace SEP 2015
    Lincoln Suites APR 2016
    Waterscape SEP 2016
    D'leedon Oct 2016
    The Boutiq Oct 2016
    OUE Twin Peaks Feb 2017

less sellable projects
    iLiv@Grange Oct 2015
    Nouvel 18 Nov 2016
    Ardmore 3 Dec 2016
    The Nassim Aug 2017

If they remove ABSD ( hahahahhahhah ) i will buy :

Skyline Residences ( 3 bedder for own stay , or 2 bedder for rental income )
    Boutiq ( for rental income )

Interlace SEP 2015

so any fire sales at Interlace yet?

Lincoln Suites APR 2016

left with less than 10 units, wont have fire sales

D'leedon Oct 2016

how many units left out of 1700 units?

Project Deadline
    Interlace SEP 2015
    Lincoln Suites APR 2016
    Waterscape SEP 2016
    D'leedon Oct 2016
    The Boutiq Oct 2016
    OUE Twin Peaks Feb 2017

less sellable projects
    iLiv@Grange Oct 2015
    Nouvel 18 Nov 2016
    Ardmore 3 Dec 2016
    The Nassim Aug 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie1 View Post
    Interlace SEP 2015

so any fire sales at Interlace yet?

Lincoln Suites APR 2016

left with less than 10 units, wont have fire sales

D'leedon Oct 2016

how many units left out of 1700 units?
    I recall for Interlace the developer has some designer fully-furnished units selling at discounted price. Mostly four bedroom units iirc. You can check if they are still available.

Those were available at TOP. not really fire sales.

Quote Originally Posted by august View Post
    I recall for Interlace the developer has some designer fully-furnished units selling at discounted price. Mostly four bedroom units iirc. You can check if they are still available.

rental market is really soft now for demand and price in general, and I don't see a turnaround any time soon.

does it make sense to buy for investment now?

Quote Originally Posted by Spincity1 View Post
    rental market is really soft now for demand and price in general, and I don't see a turnaround any time soon.

Nope. It's better to wait for rents and prices to increase for a stronger sense of security.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

I think better dont buy first.

I have been thinking of this lately, rental market is very soft, if vacant or tenant decides not to renew, may have to wait for few months, sometimes 6-8 months , depending on the condition of the property, may also need to spend money on renew the interior, if still vacant, still need to pay mortgage and maintenance fee and property tax which is also not cheap, can be quite scary if no saving.

The supply of new apt also add woe to the current supply.

going forward, the newer apartments (+well located) will continue to have priority in finding tenants vs older apartments. so while the psf for older apartments can be very low, may need a lot of reserves in the short term. also, the newer apartments seem to attract foreign buyers recently compared to the older ones.

7% + 1% is the market norm now.

So is the optimal strategy buy new and rent out until it's old then self stay?

going forward, the newer apartments (+well located) will continue to have priority in finding tenants vs older apartments. so while the psf for older apartments can be very low, may need a lot of reserves in the short term. also, the newer apartments seem to attract foreign buyers recently compared to the older ones.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

A bit confused. You meant rental yield or buyer's taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    7% + 1% is the market norm now.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

I said many times before. .. the right time to buy is when you are able to service loans for the next 5 yrs...

Precisely becos market is slow and rent is soft now , that you see some 'gems'.
    Some 'cut loss' units are worth looking at.

I rent goes up, market conditions improve, you think the selling price will stay put?

Buying new ones mean you need to start paying loans....
    so its OUTPUT and no INPUT..

why not look at FH units that are selling with a new tenancy ?

New ones just about to TOP?

One concern is new FH with good tenancy rents tend to be priced very high.

And old ones you have mentioned the values and rents not so good.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    New ones just about to TOP?
    Bro you about to sleep ah ?

unless its developer leftover units..... got SSD....who would sell ?

guys, need your advice. my friend is thinking of buying vermont on cairnhill for investment/own stay. at what indicative psf do you guys think its a good buy based on today's market?

think the developer is bukit sembawang

I said many times before. .. the right time to buy is when you are able to service loans for the next 5 yrs...

Precisely becos market is slow and rent is soft now , that you see some 'gems'.
    Some 'cut loss' units are worth looking at.

I rent goes up, market conditions improve, you think the selling price will stay put?
    In 5 years there will be more units on the market for rent so a gem today may not be as shining in 5 years as it ages, too
    Do you think in 5 years the hard demand for housing for occupation purpose will be stronger than today?
    Will there be enough foreigners to take up the supply surplus 5 years from now?

Yah either sleep or domestic stuff.

Nowadays several developers got substantial leftover units quite close to TOP. Maybe about 10-15% smaller than old units but overall quantum may be similar or even lower. Lease also longer unless we are back to referring only to FH comparisons.

Developer units seem to have gotten more attractive compared to few years ago.

Bro you about to sleep ah ?

unless its developer leftover units..... got SSD....who would sell ?

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Your question is better directed to MND. It's their duty to adjust levels appropriately.

From what I see, they have done their best. There is rarely any GLS nowadays while population has continued to grow (slowly) so only those who still need to buy need to monitor it.

Many of us here can only talk TCSS for the time being. OK 5 years later, I also hope today's gems don't shine. Because I should be looking to buy again then!

In 5 years there will be more units on the market for rent so a gem today may not be as shining in 5 years as it ages, too
    Do you think in 5 years the hard demand for housing for occupation purpose will be stronger than today?

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

So is the optimal strategy buy new and rent out until it's old then self stay?
    just referring to CCR.

for CCR, there's not much new supply after the recently completed condos are sold. there are others who are also parking money here without the intention of renting out it seems.

Your question is better directed to MND. It's their duty to adjust levels appropriately.

From what I see, they have done their best. There is rarely any GLS nowadays while population has continued to grow (slowly) so only those who still need to buy need to monitor it.

Many of us here can only talk TCSS for the time being. OK 5 years later, I also hope today's gems don't shine. Because I should be looking to buy again then!

You are right about GLS but the HDB flats are being, and will be, built continually, which, together with the supplies from other sources, shall take care of the majority of organic population growth in my opinion

One can always seek government's guidance for one's investment decision, but what do you think?
    Do you think that in 5 years the hard demand, meaning for occupational use, will reach an equilibrium with or even outstrip the total supply then?
    If you hope a gem today doesn't shine in 5 years because you will be looking to buy again then, what will you buy then? A gem today or a gem then?
    Interested in knowing your opinion. Thanks.

for CCR, there's not much new supply after the recently completed condos are sold. there are others who are also parking money here without the intention of renting out it seems.
    Agree with you if the value of CCR properties will hold in the long term.
    Have been watching units of 2,800 sqft at Four Seasons park, the rent has been fallen from 17,000 pm to about S$13,000-S$14,000 pm but the selling price remain stable. At the current price level the gross return is a mere 2.2%.
    There is one unit being on the market for sale for almost 2 years at the same price, and the agent refuse to show the unit if the potential buyer does not confirm its interest at the asking price before arrange a viewing.
    a while back there was a unit marketed at 7m negotiable but was withdrawn in a few days and relisted at around 8m. Maybe the demand is coming back

Anyhow, I still believe that at the end of the day, the value of a real estate is driven, at least partly, by its income generation ability
    and for real estate market to thrive, sustainable foreign demand is very important
    Last edited by Spincity1; 28-03-16 at 09:15.

bro, i'm not referring to developer units. just newer completed units in CCR. and by newer, i don't mean that new either. prob like over the last 10 years? coz since the newly completed ones are unsold and very expensive, those which attract both tenants and buyers seem to be those completed between 2006 and 2016?

Agree with you if the value of CCR properties will hold in the long term.
    Have been watching units of 2,800 sqft at Four Seasons park, the rent has been fallen from 17,000 pm to about S$13,000-S$14,000 pm but the selling price remain stable. At the current price level the gross return is a mere 2.2%.
    There is one unit being on the market for sale for almost 2 years at the same price, and the agent refuse to show the unit if the potential buyer does not confirm its interest at the asking price before arrange a viewing.
    a while back there was a unit marketed at 7m negotiable but was withdrawn in a few days and relisted at around 8m. Maybe the demand is coming back

Anyhow, I still believe that at the end of the day, the value of a real estate is driven, at least partly, by its income generation ability
    and for real estate market to thrive, sustainable foreign demand is very important
    that's right. just that for CCR, there are other factors (both negative and positive) other than rental income which determines the prices. agree with proud owner that it is especially so for FH properties within CCR. the converse is also true. for e.g. FH at say mackenzie road may not be as attractive as a 99 year leasehold which is closer to mrt in OCR.

Quote Originally Posted by cartman View Post
    guys, need your advice. my friend is thinking of buying vermont on cairnhill for investment/own stay. at what indicative psf do you guys think its a good buy based on today's market?

think the developer is bukit sembawang
    so far, the record "official" low psf is for #13-04 1335 sq ft sold for $2.65m at 1985psf on 2 Mar 2015. i guess can use that as a reference. does anyone remember when bukit semb sold the balance units at a huge discount in 2014, was it cheaper than this? (the caveats were lodged at 22xxpsf to 26xxpsf but actual prices were at a huge discount to this)

that's right. just that for CCR, there are other factors (both negative and positive) other than rental income which determines the prices. agree with proud owner that it is especially so for FH properties within CCR. the converse is also true. for e.g. FH at say mackenzie road may not be as attractive as a 99 year leasehold which is closer to mrt in OCR.
    Totally agree. Some properties can be located in D9/10/11 but not prime at all, in terms of connectivity and environment.
    I would pick good development in buona vista any time over properties at Mackenzie

You are right about GLS but the HDB flats are being, and will be, built continually, which, together with the supplies from other sources, shall take care of the majority of organic population growth in my opinion

One can always seek government's guidance for one's investment decision, but what do you think?
    Do you think that in 5 years the hard demand, meaning for occupational use, will reach an equilibrium with or even outstrip the total supply then?
    If you hope a gem today doesn't shine in 5 years because you will be looking to buy again then, what will you buy then? A gem today or a gem then?
    Interested in knowing your opinion. Thanks.
    The first point, SG thrives in being an excellent place to do business, trade. Due to social reasons, there was a need to aggressively bring down property prices using a myriad of means and replace the "lost trade" with tax on multiple property owners.

In order for SG to continue to thrive in the next 100 years, it must still be an excellent place to do business, to trade. While the Govt may allow a degree of market forces to bring down extreme developers and extreme buyers or drive them away, there is still an important role they play in the whole market. Unless the Govt is pushing for a model of 100% HDB which will also bring down the whole system.

We buy into SG also partly because we trust that the best decisions for the populace will be made at all times. Best decisions for personal productivity and motivation, growth, social equality etc, are of prime considerations than merely the price of something, anything from cars to houses.

To be frank, I am worried about the compulsory PPVC for developers from 2015 GLS bids and expected increase in construction costs over the next few years (no construction levy deferment). I would buy a new gem today and an old gem tomorrow based on those reasons, but will also give the new technologies the benefit of the doubt to speak for themselves tomorrow.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.