Page 109 of 148 FirstFirst ... 7984899499104105106107108109110111112113114119124129134139 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,270 of 4428

Thread: A few CCR transactions sold at a loss (reported in The Edge)

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad View Post
    Why is there so much vitriol in Singapore? People just write offensive remarks against strangers for no obvious reasons. You guys need to see a shrink.
    why do people living in paradise sound so bitter and sour? it must be for obvious reason so no need to see a shrink; just move on!

No offence against you actually at least for me.

I was just pointing out potential pitfalls and also support your decision to rent out Singapore property while seeking larger environment. Mildly envious even.

But if employment is here, surely we can't live there right?

Why is there so much vitriol in Singapore? People just write offensive remarks against strangers for no obvious reasons. You guys need to see a shrink.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    Please correct me if i am wrong.

It is Not against the law NOT TO STAMP a TA...

If it is not stamped, if ever something goes wrong and go to court, a UNSTAMPED TA cannot be used as evidence, thats all.

So to stamp it, is to protect the tenant himself, hence stamping fee is paid by tenant.
    just pay the late stamping penalty

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    But actually stamping just pay money only.

If not stamped then just register with ura can already?

Thanks for correcting.
    Wrong. Stamping is revenue and comes under IRAS. Got nothing to do with URA

Quote Originally Posted by martialsin View Post
    Wrong. Stamping is revenue and comes under IRAS. Got nothing to do with URA
    OK I was just brainstorming why the transaction could have been not captured in URA. In this case, it was possibly captured as $4,900 transaction.

My mistake.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Then it stil does not tally since Stalingrad said his rental contract is for $5,000 pm.
    So either it has not been captured or he is not telling the truth?

Regarding stamping of rental contract I also got confused now.
    If not stamped, is it an offence for tenant or it just means tenant not protected when there is dispute because contract not recognized and not enforceable?
    Any lawyer here to help clarify? merci!

OK I was just brainstorming why the transaction could have been not captured in URA. In this case, it was possibly captured as $4,900 transaction.

My mistake.

Actually I also got confused by the replies here.

According to IRAS, it is an offence not to stamp documents.

Of course there are other issues like inadmissible in court documents, including tenancy agreements or renewal.

If you haven't done so, please do it. I would rather pay it or at least make sure the tenant is aware that the documents need to be stamped or e-stamped. Not sure if the following only applies to businesses or all, so any informed persons please advise.

https://www.iras.gov.sg/IRASHome/upl...mp%20Dutys.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Then it stil does not tally since Stalingrad said his rental contract is for $5,000 pm.
    So either it has not been captured or he is not telling the truth?

Regarding stamping of rental contract I also got confused now.
    If not stamped, is it an offence for tenant or it just means tenant not protected when there is dispute because contract not recognized and not enforceable?
    Any lawyer here to help clarify? merci!

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Does not matter where we leave as long as hour heart is happy. No such thing that one country is good in everything compare to other country. Both will have its strong point and its weakness.

Martin Place

Sold 24 FEB 2016 6 MARTIN PLACE #XX-XX 1,894sq ft 1,768psf
    Bought 18 NOV 2011 1,950psf

low floor but nonetheless a bargain. while stocks last.

May be their "paradise" is FREEZING COLDddddddddddddd to the extent of being unbearable?..............

Quote Originally Posted by Spincity1 View Post
    why do people living in paradise sound so bitter and sour? it must be for obvious reason so no need to see a shrink; just move on!

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    May be their "paradise" is FREEZING COLDddddddddddddd to the extent of being unbearable?..............
    Teddy, global warming means my country is getting warmer, and yours is getting hotter. When I lived in Singapore, the thing that bothered me the most is the heat and humidity. I would take 0 degree vs. 35 degrees any time. Where I live, dengue fever is unheard off. And kids don't even know what cockroaches are. But more importantly, we live in a big country. We can fly hours and hours and still don't need to bring a passport.

I hope you are happy that you live in the most expensive country on mother earth. Like your friend said, as long as you love Singapore, who am I to say that you shouldn't live there? There are people who live in much worse countries than Singapore, but they still love their countries.

Singapore getting hotter? Who tell you so? I have never and still didn't experience that..........

What dengue fever mosquitoes? What cockroaches? I don't experience them in my house, unlike yours.

See, that is the difference between where you live in Singapore and where I live.......... You need to pay for the "benefits", and don't have to suffer the FREEZING COLDdddddd........

Global warning at your place? I know of many RICH Americans migrating from the North to the southern hotter regions of America because they say Northern part of America just too freaking COLDddddddddddd (and yet Northern part of America is still South of Canada).......... Looks like you have NOT much choice though.............

Teddy, global warming means my country is getting warmer, and yours is getting hotter. When I lived in Singapore, the thing that bothered me the most is the heat and humidity. I would take 0 degree vs. 35 degrees any time. Where I live, dengue fever is unheard off. And kids don't even know what cockroaches are. But more importantly, we live in a big country. We can fly hours and hours and still don't need to bring a passport.

I hope you are happy that you live in the most expensive country on mother earth. Like your friend said, as long as you love Singapore, who am I to say that you shouldn't live there? There are people who live in much worse countries than Singapore, but they still love their countries.

I can't believe the one can badmouth a country so much after he'd lived there for 17 years.
    It is far beyond the argument between CCR and OCR, or Parc Emily and Caravelle.
    I don't know how your employment with your last Singaporean employer ended, but the aftertaste is really bad.

I can't believe the one can badmouth a country so much after he'd lived there for 17 years.
    It is far beyond the argument between CCR and OCR, or Parc Emily and Caravelle.
    I don't know how your employment with your last Singaporean employer ended, but the aftertaste is really bad.
    You Singaporeans think and talk alike. Before you accuse me of being ungrateful, please read the vicious insults and vulgarities your fellow Singaporeans hurled in my direction.
    Last edited by stalingrad; 12-03-16 at 19:31.

Bro, don't mind it. Some of us hurl insults at others, regardless of nationality, race, language or religion. I get hurled all the time. Be cool.

You Singaporeans think and talk alike. Before you accuse me of being ungrateful, please read the vicious insults and vulgarities your fellow Singaporeans hurled in my direction.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Bro, don't mind it. Some of us hurl insults at others, regardless of nationality, race, language or religion. I get hurled all the time. Be cool.
    Too bad I met no ones like you when I lived in Singapore. I might have stayed.

Singapore needs more people like you.

Luckily didn't stay, expect everyone nice to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Luckily didn't stay, expect everyone nice to him.
    That is not what I meant. What I meant is Singapore needs to have more people who think for themselves rather than think as everyone else thinks. When I lived in Singapore, I was shocked to find everyone basically thought and talked the same way.
    Last edited by stalingrad; 12-03-16 at 20:50.

Too bad I met no ones like you when I lived in Singapore. I might have stayed.

Singapore needs more people like you.
    If you badmouth Singapore just because of the insults and vulgarities against you on a public forum by some anonymous people who may or may not be a Singaporean, your problem is more serious than what a shrink can help

In the last 17 years in Singapore, did you meet any people in real life? Did you spend too much time in this forum? Do you have problem to distinguish real life from cyber space?

If over 17 years there was not a single person who likes you in Singapore, I start to wonder if that was the reason why you migrated to Singapore 17 years ago.

It is more likely to be a problem of your very self, not the people around you.
    Last edited by Spincity1; 12-03-16 at 20:56.

If you badmouth Singapore just because of the insults and vulgarities against you on a public forum by some anonymous people who may or may not be a Singaporean, your problem is more serious than what a shrink can help

In the last 17 years in Singapore, did you meet any people in real life? Did you spend too much time in this forum? Do you have problem to distinguish real life from cyber space?

If over 17 years there was not a single person who likes you in Singapore, I start to wonder if that was the reason why you migrated to Singapore 17 years ago.

It is more likely to be a problem of your very self, not the people around you.
    Yeah, right. When an anonymous person attacks me personally and my country, I should just take it and not stage a defense. By the way, I did not badmouth Singapore. I only said there is no dengue fever nor cockroaches in my country because of the climate. How you read my statement is entirely up to you.
    Last edited by stalingrad; 12-03-16 at 22:00.

Yeah, right. When an anonymous person attacks me personally and my country, I should just take it and not stage a defense. By the way, I did not badmouth Singapore. I only said there is no dengue fever nor cockroaches in my country because of the climate. How you read my statement is entirely up to you.
    haha, anyway, regardless how your residency in Singapore ended after 17 years, just move on and hope you enjoy your new life in the paradise, or the life and paradise you left behind 17 years go.
    and don't get me wrong, I really wish you well but how your read it is entirely up to you

and if kids in your home country don't know what cockroaches is, that's really a problem

and if kids in your home country don't know what cockroaches is, that's really a problem
    why is that a problem?

Wow so you are the victim now? Lol
    You think people so free to aim you for no reason? You truly deserves the brickbats you get online and in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    why is that a problem?
    Unless the person who made that statement is lying, the education system (both in school and at home) in that country has a serious problem as the kids don't know what cockroaches are

No cockroaches in Canada I am not sure, as that place is FREAKING COLDddddddd with Winter temperature going to -40 degrees! Not surprising if all cockroaches go into hiding and siesta at that kind of temperature!

However, I am confident to say unless they are living in bungalows in the sky, landed properties will always have cockroaches in the house during summer even in temperate countries......

there is a reported case in USA where the cockroaches took an infant for lunch!
    That is how hungry and deadly cockroaches can be in temperate countries! (Remember, they need to go into "siesta" during the whole of winter! And when they come out after the cold winter they are like "hungry ghosts"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

And I have lived in landed properties in cold countries before (but never in Canada, too FREAKING COLDdddd for me) and we always have cockroaches in spring and summer and early autumn! But come Winter, all disappeared!

Unless the person who made that statement is lying, the education system (both in school and at home) in that country has a serious problem as the kids don't know what cockroaches are

well, i am pretty sure kids in Singapore dont know that poison ivy is also a plant, and not just a character in a batman movie.

or that Singapore kids (or adults for that matter) only know how to describe solid water as ice, snow (2 words) as compared to eskimo kids, who has lots of words for solidified water.

Is the education system a problem in Singapore?

well, i am pretty sure kids in Singapore dont know that poison ivy is also a plant, and not just a character in a batman movie.

or that Singapore kids (or adults for that matter) only know how to describe solid water as ice, snow (2 words) as compared to eskimo kids, who has lots of words for solidified water.

Is the education system a problem in Singapore?
    Apparently, your perception about Singapore kids is totally wrong, at least for the poison ivy part.

And for example about solid water, you are confused between lacking of knowledge (don't know what cockroaches are, be it a problem in education system or false statement made by someone) and limitation in experience (less descriptive of Singapore kids vs. Eskimo kids regarding solid water. However, how many Eskimo kids have you ever asked about solid water? or is it just out your imagination?)

judging from your wrong perception of Singapore kids (from your statement about poison ivy), and the unlikelihood of you being a parent to Eskimo kids, I doubt if you know what you are talking about

Anyway, you have every right to have your own opinion on any education system
    Last edited by Spincity1; 14-03-16 at 12:35.

yes yes, they know what a poison ivy is by name. Ask them to describe and they are at a loss for words.

Of what use to a canadian kid in knowing what is a cockroach (IF) there isn't any cockroach in canada?
    The catchall term is to call all insects, creepy crawlies as "bugs". Whack it or spray it. That's all.

Of what use is it to a singaporean kid in knowing the many different types of solid water? No use at all, so why should singapore schools or parents teach the kids how to differentiate among the various types of solid water?

The survival & prosperity of singapore kids doesnt depend on the need to differentiate the different kind of solid water.
    nor does the survival & prosperity of singapore kids depend on the need to know the difference between edible and inedible mushrooms.
    nor does the survival & prosperity of canadian kids depend on the need to know what is a cockroach.

different situation, different teaching.

and till now, i still have not figure out what is so important to know what a cockroach is until the lack of knowledge indicate a problem in school or at home.

yes yes, they know what a poison ivy is by name. Ask them to describe and they are at a loss for words.

Of what use to a canadian kid in knowing what is a cockroach (IF) there isn't any cockroach in canada?
    The catchall term is to call all insects, creepy crawlies as "bugs". Whack it or spray it. That's all.

Of what use is it to a singaporean kid in knowing the many different types of solid water? No use at all, so why should singapore schools or parents teach the kids how to differentiate among the various types of solid water?

The survival & prosperity of singapore kids doesnt depend on the need to differentiate the different kind of solid water.
    nor does the survival & prosperity of singapore kids depend on the need to know the difference between edible and inedible mushrooms.
    nor does the survival & prosperity of canadian kids depend on the need to know what is a cockroach.

and till now, i still have not figure out what is so important to know what a cockroach is until the lack of knowledge indicate a problem in school or at home.

there are many things kids to know, and cockroach, just as dragonfly and bee, and the difference between edible and inedible mushrooms, are just some of the many fundamental ones which kids shall be taught when they are young as these are the foundation of more advanced knowledge.

Knowing cockroach and difference between edible and inedible mushrooms may not make a country prosper, but being ignorant of basic knowledge do make the future of a country gloomy

If you are fine with your kids knowing only catch-all terms, such bugs, insects, English letters, Chinese characters, animals, birds, and leave all the learning until they are no longer a kid, I wish the best for your kids.

By the way, do you know there are cockroaches, and lots of them, in Canada?

and Again, your perception about Singaporean kids is wrong; they know much more than you thought.

And do you really know any Eskimo kids and know them so well to speak for them?