Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hong Leong sells 65 Bartley units at $1,240 psf

Default Hong Leong sells 65 Bartley units at $1,240 psf

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...40740,00.html?

Published February 22, 2012

Hong Leong sells 65 Bartley units at $1,240 psf

Up to 20% discount dished out for the 120 units released

By MINDY TAN

HONG Leong Group yesterday sold 65 units at Bartley Residences at an average price of $1,240 per square foot after a discount of up to 20 per cent.

During yesterday's preview, it released 120 units in the 702-unit, 99-year leasehold private condo next to Bartley MRT Station. According to Hong Leong, 90 per cent of the buyers at yesterday's preview were Singaporeans and permanent residents.

The absolute price of a one-bedroom unit ranges from approximately $610,000 to $670,000; a two-bedroom unit ranges from $970,000 to $1.1 million; a three-bedroom unit is between $1.2 million and $1.4 million; a four-bedroom ranges from approximately $1.65 million to $1.9 million; and a dual-key unit ranges from around $1.8 million to $2.1 million.

The average price psf of $1,240 is after absorption of 18 per cent (including the standard 3 per cent buyer's stamp duty discount, and 3 per cent early bird discount), and an additional 2 per cent district discount.

Said HSR Property Group's special adviser, Donald Han: 'The figures are encouraging because the launch is in the middle of the week. I sense this development will gather pace towards the end of the week, and that might give a truer reflection ... The developers may have launched it (on Tuesday) more to get a sense of ground sentiment.'

Added Lee Sze Teck, senior manager at DWG Research and Consultancy: 'At $1,240, the developer is aware of market conditions and is clearly pricing the project at the right level.'

The project - developed by Bartley Development, a joint venture between Hong Leong Holdings, City Developments, and TID Residential - is located next to Bartley MRT Station, and offers a range of unit types, from one-bedroom units (463 sq ft) to four-bedroom units (1,345-1,377 sq ft), and dual key units (1,603 sq ft).

In January, the consortium won a 99-year leasehold private condominium housing plot at Mount Vernon Road. Their bid came in at $388.1 million, or $495 per square foot per plot ratio.

'They're certainly in a good position to (capitalise) that segment of the market ... (There are) not many new residential projects being launched in the area, so I would expect pent-up demand coming in from potential upgraders from the vicinity,' said HSR's Mr Han.

Last month, the 992-unit, mixed-use development, Watertown, which is located in Punggol Central, saw more than 160 of the 250 units released during its preview snapped up. The 689-unit, 99-year condominium Parc Rosewood, in Woodlands sold 165 of the 236 units up for grabs during its preview launch.

Ccr pricing but lower then bedok residences

If $1240psf is 20% discount, then original price $1500psf++....

Nowadays discount is just marketing purpose

Was there earlier. Carpark is pack. One bedder units as usual are the winners. Confirmed stack 44 (almost N-S facing)) for 1 bedder and stack 41 for two bedders (N-S facing) are the better ones. Both facing the bodhi trees. Heard stacks facing the pool facing are taken up. Unfortunately rooms are so small that after putting the queen size bed in the masterbed room, only have 0.5m of walking space on the three sides.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Was there earlier. Carpark is pack. One bedder units as usual are the winners. Confirmed stack 44 (almost N-S facing)) for 1 bedder and stack 41 for two bedders (N-S facing) are the better ones. Both facing the bodhi trees. Heard stacks facing the pool facing are taken up. Unfortunately rooms are so small that after putting the queen size bed in the masterbed room, only have 0.5m of walking space on the three sides.
    0.5m! wow tats normal. Thats the standard these days. No need to climb over bed is consider ok .

How to rent out to ang mos who are six footer build? They will have to walk sideways like a crab. My spouse thought the master bedroom was the 2nd bedroom. Really not use to the 400 plus sqft MM. It is probably the size of living room of old point block hdb flat.
    Quote Originally Posted by minority
    0.5m! wow tats normal. Thats the standard these days. No need to climb over bed is consider ok .

I just came back from the showroom. I am surprised so many people given that theres only mrt and no amenities around.

Go to Tai Seng.
    Quote Originally Posted by propertychap
    I just came back from the showroom. I am surprised so many people given that theres only mrt and no amenities around.

Quote Originally Posted by propertychap
    Many pple want to spend $$$ MM is the best ! all Sgporean.

Default Circle Line

Circle line MRT is there. Pls don't drive next time.

Thanks,
    Richard

Well, this week end, sales should hit 3 digits... hmmm... what price correction are we talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    Ccr pricing but lower then bedok residences
    Actually I prefer bedok residences.
    Got EW line, and all the amenities there.
    Best of all it is in the east.

But this one connects to all the three lines in less than 3 stops.
    Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp

Pricing similar to their The Scala in Lor Chuan launched 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Well, this week end, sales should hit 3 digits... hmmm... what price correction are we talking about?
    Sigh another round of CM could be round the corner.

don't understand how this goes for avg $1240 psf when 8@Woodleigh, Nin and Woodsville 28 are transacting at $1100+

Quote Originally Posted by spikey69
    don't understand how this goes for avg $1240 psf when 8@Woodleigh, Nin and Woodsville 28 are transacting at $1100+
    and 1500psf at WT...

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    bedok R. is LH

Does anybody feel Bartley's proximity to cemetry a problem? The cemetry grounds are on higher grounds than the condo plot too.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Sigh another round of CM could be round the corner.
    ya lor.. dunno what forum these buyers went to. i already say ai zhai mah...steady steady keep our cold and give pressure to the developers.

you see har...actually i dun wan to say one. but now let me tell you the truth about oil prices. One of these days, it is going to crash below $90 and then all the materials will be cheap cheap and margin big big hor..for all the new launches after the crash even after 20% discount.

But of cause many will say no way oil will crash mah....JMHO hor...dun use my opinion for any showhand investment moves.

composition of petrol price= 2% raw + 98% distribution and marketing and proceesing.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Does anybody feel Bartley's proximity to cemetry a problem? The cemetry grounds are on higher grounds than the condo plot too.
    I feel its a potential not a problem. empty land = development opportunities

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    ya lor.. dunno what forum these buyers went to. i already say ai zhai mah...steady steady keep our cold and give pressure to the developers.

you see har...actually i dun wan to say one. but now let me tell you the truth about oil prices. One of these days, it is going to crash below $90 and then all the materials will be cheap cheap and margin big big hor..for all the new launches after the crash even after 20% discount.

But of cause many will say no way oil will crash mah....JMHO hor...dun use my opinion for any showhand investment moves.

composition of petrol price= 2% raw + 98% distribution and marketing and proceesing.
    and u think i talk cork sing song right, that is why you ignore me right? Think about this real hard: You only need someone to declare the existence of huge oil reserves under the Arctic or Antarctic.

we all believe that oil wells are limited in numbers. But what if oil is a naturally self-recycling material something like water? Think hard now...global warming is exposing the once unreachable areas of our globe, once but now the oil explorers may be able to reach now......Think....

I actually got the above inspiration from a recent dream of mine...or isit the Sky People that came to my dream and told me ???? hmmmmmm....

Is it really higher than condo site?

and u think i talk cork sing song right, that is why you ignore me right? Think about this real hard: You only need someone to declare the existence of huge oil reserves under the Arctic or Antarctic.

we all believe that oil wells are limited in numbers. But what if oil is a naturally self-recycling material something like water? Think hard now...global warming is exposing the once unreachable areas of our globe, once but now the oil explorers may be able to reach now......Think....

I actually got the above inspiration from a recent dream of mine...or isit the Sky People that came to my dream and told me ???? hmmmmmm....
    Energy n mass r created out of nothing i.e. big bang. We need controllable big bangs on earth to create more free energy.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Energy n mass r created out of nothing i.e. big bang. We need controllable big bangs on earth to create more free energy.
    The bangs can become uncontrollable like in the case of japan.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Is it really higher than condo site?
    I think so....

cemetry higher elevation not just about superstition, the water seeps through the burial plots and drains out to lower areas. that was one of the reasons the landed properties there never did sell well.

Oil (or more accurately fuel) does not recycle...

When we use it, it is converted into another form which is energy. Energy in turn creates the modern comfort that we have become accustomed to like motion, light, heat, cold.... etc.

It does not come back as oil, once we use it, it is expended producing energy and hydrocarbon by-products. Fossil fuel takes hundreds of thousands of years under high temperature and pressure to produce.

The question of running out of supply is not if but when. It is not limitless.

Oil (or more accurately fuel) does not recycle...

When we use it, it is converted into another form which is energy. Energy in turn creates the modern comfort that we have become accustomed to like motion, light, heat, cold.... etc.

It does not come back as oil, once we use it, it is expended producing energy and hydrocarbon by-products. Fossil fuel takes hundreds of thousands of years under high temperature and pressure to produce.

The question of running out of supply is not if but when. It is not limitless.
    =====================quote from dun wish 2 tell you======
    The question is critical due to the enormous amount of coverage the issue of "Peak Oil" is receiving from the mainstream press. If the supply of hydrocarbons is renewable- then the contrary to the conventional wisdom being touted throughout the mainstream press today- the world is NOT running out of oil.

Unbeknownst to Westerners, there have actually been for quite some time now two competing theories concerning the origins of petroleum. One theory claims that oil is an organic 'fossil fuel' deposited in finite quantities near the planet's surface. The other theory claims that oil is continuously generated by natural processes in the Earth's magma.

===============================

woahahhahahahahahahhahaha..YOUR science teacher bluff u one

Peak oil is real. Once US, EU and China recover, the demand of oil will surge, and so will the pump prices. The era of cheap energy is gone. Going forward, properties will just become more expensive to construct because of inflation due to energy prices. This is why it is good to buy a FH/999LH property that TOPs much later and treat it as a piggy bank for your old age or future generation.