Thread: if own a landed..(eg. semi D) can build up to how many storey?

Default if own a landed..(eg. semi D) can build up to how many storey?

can build underground underneath or not?

see one HK politician got a underground ..

Saw the landed near my parent's place.. they built underground but I understand building underground is very expensive coz need a lot more retaining wall, etc. It is also dependent on soil type. Not worth the money lah...

Height will depend on few things.
    First must get approval from BCA for height because there is height restriction.
    Then if it is an exisiting house then you need to see if existing structure can support the weight of the new house.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    First must get approval from BCA for height because there is height restriction.
    Then if it is an exisiting house then you need to see if existing structure can support the weight of the new house.
    Hey Buttercarp, are you sitting on a freehold land yet?

near my rented place got one house being built...basically i come to conclusion the expert in house buiding is the....BANGLA.......now i know why their complexion so.$%&...everyday under HOT sun.......

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Hey Buttercarp, are you sitting on a freehold land yet?
    Nope.....they have not even asked for the payment for the foundation yet!
    That's why my avatar is Buttercup with big longing eyes and the background is a small house far far away.

That's why my avatar is Buttercup with big longing eyes and the background is a small house far far away.
    OIC!

Payment for foundation? where's that?

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Payment for foundation? where's that?
    After sales and purchase agreement, the next 10% is to be paid on completion of foundation work.....they have not called for payment yet.

Height restriction controlled by URA, not BCA. Check the building height control in URA's masterplan. But a good clue is by looking at your neighbour's height.

Basement is expensive to build, the tricker part is in getting light and air into the basement, while keeping the water out.

After sales and purchase agreement, the next 10% is to be paid on completion of foundation work.....they have not called for payment yet.
    Oh yes, i know the progressive payment, What i meant was which project did u vest in?

cute i always wondered...

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    can build underground underneath or not?

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-40-inggu-road

I saw the showroom 2 weeks ago with my relatives... evaluating the surrounding projects. The agent opened up the corner terrace for us to view - we are the first. It is very lovely, esp with the basement swimming pool, exercise room, karaoke room, sauna and basement storeroom. Totally unique resort design - part of the pilot envelop control (PEC) concept. 3.6M incl ID. but the link above for terrace without id is even more ex now, in 2 weeks! Anyway, many pros and cons for purchase - just highlight a couple of fundamental design weaknesses that came up - no shower room in basement; pool prob below water table, so may have difficulty in changing water. though these are not insurmountable issues.

I see the story behind this now.
    So we will be expecting to see your house becoming bigger with time until your avatar is seen happily drinking tea inside your it !!!

Hi lifeline, the Inggu road house sounds so luxurious but the price is exorbitant for a 99 y LH. Few years back I went to see the showflat (but without the swimming pool), the layout of the house is good as the bulit up is large.
    However since it is too ulu and 99y LH I did not consider it at all.

Yesterday went to the site of my future place. My unit not up yet but a few units away they built up to 2 stories already.

Hi lifeline, the Inggu road house sounds so luxurious but the price is exorbitant for a 99 y LH. Few years back I went to see the showflat (but without the swimming pool), the layout of the house is good as the bulit up is large.
    However since it is too ulu and 99y LH I did not consider it at all.

Yesterday went to the site of my future place. My unit not up yet but a few units away they built up to 2 stories already.

I also saw the showflat then. That design is currently still avail from another developer, more conventional design, facing sea along wak hassan drive, with terrace going for 2.6 before less and comes with lift. Prob can come down to 2.1 best. Asking price few years ago was ~1.7, older phase design. We have moved on since and doing reno now.

Seems like your top will be at least another 1.5 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeline
    I also saw the showflat then. That design is currently still avail from another developer, more conventional design, facing sea along wak hassan drive, with terrace going for 2.6 before less and comes with lift. Prob can come down to 2.1 best. Asking price few years ago was ~1.7, older phase design. We have moved on since and doing reno now.

Seems like your top will be at least another 1.5 yrs.
    May I know what do you mean by "We have moved on since and doing reno now" ?

You have bought a unit and doing reno now?

Regarding the TOP, you are spot on...... according to the TOP by the contractor (ie the sign board at the construction site) it is estimated to be May 2013!