Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Ripple Bay - MCL Land, JLB/Pasir Ris Drive 4

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    Sorry my bad. I refer to WFW 150m away from the future MRT. WFI would be less than 500m if cutting through the HDB and walking along the canal. Anyway as I me toned, I m not vested in any of these WF projects, neither am i a supporter for them, just here to join in the fun and discussion
    No worries; we all have fun discussing and throwing in ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Instead of comparing with WFI to justify your purchase of Ripple Bay, you should compare what $2M can get you, including condos next to MRT or even FH landed.
    Exactly. We did a thorough search on landed ppty and condos near MRT that cost $2m. My wife said all are garbage. Period for me. It is my 4th brother who compared my imminent purchase (then) with his that mine was completey worthwhile in view of similiarity in many aspects but a full million dollars in difference.

Quote Originally Posted by acosean
    Exactly. We did a thorough search on landed ppty and condos near MRT that cost $2m. My wife said all are garbage. Period for me. It is my 4th brother who compared my imminent purchase (then) with his that mine was completey worthwhile in view of similiarity in many aspects but a full million dollars in difference.
    I am vested in WFI.

how to compare penthouse @ ripple bay to WFI penthouse ... u know FEO is a sucker for pricing penthouse right? And you can negotiate one lah

1. First of all if you buy penthouse in D16/D18 sea view or reservoir view, you probably are not an investor but someone who wants just to enjoy life ... the ultimate investor will not buy WFI penthouse, they will go for 3 or 4 X 1brs instead ... someone actually bought the entire block of WFI one bedders for investment u see

2. If you can afford a penthouse, don't tell me you will take bus to MRT or walk ... of course drive lah, what is 100k car compared to 2m condo?

3. Distance to MRT below 500m is definitely ok AS LONG AS there is a covered link-way or through the HDB / shopping mall. The key problem is hot sun and rain so 400m that has covered path all the way is going to be better than 200m without shelter at all ... that's why if you go to WFW/WFG/WFI forum they keep talking about whether there will be a covered link-way along the canal ...

So just enjoy your penthouse ... forget about your bro comparision

Quote Originally Posted by amazon777
    Heard no MM or 2 bedders sea facing units, only 3/4 bedders. If that is the case, 6 stacks RB 2 bedder sea facing are good buys. Will know in few weeks time.
    Sea Esta site plan 2BR no seaview at all. Those who bought Ripple Bay 2BR with seaview strike gold. Value has gone up already.

Wow, like that my eldest brother rugi because he was almost wanting to buy a 2-bedder Ripple Bay (full sea-view), Level 12, at about $800k. But because it was going to be his 3rd ppty if he were to buy it, he was put off by the additional stamp duty!

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    I am vested in WFI.

how to compare penthouse @ ripple bay to WFI penthouse ... u know FEO is a sucker for pricing penthouse right? And you can negotiate one lah

1. First of all if you buy penthouse in D16/D18 sea view or reservoir view, you probably are not an investor but someone who wants just to enjoy life ... the ultimate investor will not buy WFI penthouse, they will go for 3 or 4 X 1brs instead ... someone actually bought the entire block of WFI one bedders for investment u see

2. If you can afford a penthouse, don't tell me you will take bus to MRT or walk ... of course drive lah, what is 100k car compared to 2m condo?

3. Distance to MRT below 500m is definitely ok AS LONG AS there is a covered link-way or through the HDB / shopping mall. The key problem is hot sun and rain so 400m that has covered path all the way is going to be better than 200m without shelter at all ... that's why if you go to WFW/WFG/WFI forum they keep talking about whether there will be a covered link-way along the canal ...

So just enjoy your penthouse ... forget about your bro comparision
    You are right about investment would be on smaller units and not PHs. Anyway my 4th brother, when buying his WFI unit, said Far East Org was very stubborn for any price negoitation in deduction. So in the end he had no choice but to buy at the publicised price!

Hi acosean
    I am one of those that almost bought the 5 bedder. Can I assume after speaking so extensively, u bought a 5 bedder simplex with sea view? If so , I would be grateful if u reveal the nett purchase price ? I am very curious if the caveat 2million is before or after the miscellaneous developers discounts

Quote Originally Posted by replicar
    Hi acosean
    I am one of those that almost bought the 5 bedder. Can I assume after speaking so extensively, u bought a 5 bedder simplex with sea view? If so , I would be grateful if u reveal the nett purchase price ? I am very curious if the caveat 2million is before or after the miscellaneous developers discounts
    Long story; pls PM me so that I can tell you the details.

Ripple not start construction yet ?
    I m MM

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeboxsupporter
    Ripple not start construction yet ?
    Showroom still on site. Dun think it will start so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Chester
    Are you trying to sell or trying to buy?
    If sell within first year of purchase; have to pay hefty 16% seller stamp duty and this progressively decreases over the next few years; zero after the 4th year I think.
    The 1st year of purchase means the year the condo TOP?

Quote Originally Posted by Beebot
    The 1st year of purchase means the year the condo TOP?
    Should be the year you signed the sale and purchase agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kengar
    Should be the year you signed the sale and purchase agreement.
    That means when the condo TOP, it's already the 3rd or 4th year?

Quote Originally Posted by Beebot
    That means when the condo TOP, it's already the 3rd or 4th year?
    Yup that is how i understand too. The impact of the Additional Stamp Duty is lesser when nearer to TOP or after, assuming the construction takes 3 years.

Found this forum for Ripple Bay owners: http://ripplebay.freeforums.org/

Already more than 80% sold but MCL still hasn't started any work on the ground yet, compared to the others around it that were launched later. Does anyone know why?

Already more than 80% sold but MCL still hasn't started any work on the ground yet, compared to the others around it that were launched later. Does anyone know why?
    They didn't expect to sell so fast?

Watercolours and Sea Esta sites are starting work. Ripple Bay showroom still around and site still full of greenery. MCL really taking own sweet time.

Quote Originally Posted by Super
    Watercolours and Sea Esta sites are starting work. Ripple Bay showroom still around and site still full of greenery. MCL really taking own sweet time.
    Maybe they have repid deployment force to complete the construction before the other 2 developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Super
    Are you sure Sea Esta start construction? They launched not more 2 months nia leh.... !

Quote Originally Posted by CondoWE
    Are you sure Sea Esta start construction? They launched not more 2 months nia leh.... !
    Sea Esta has moved in the construction materials, and the temporary office / workers' quarters have also been erected.

Quote Originally Posted by ilgr
    Sea Esta has moved in the construction materials, and the temporary office / workers' quarters have also been erected.
    Yes, why MCL is so slow ?
    I m MM

Quote Originally Posted by ilgr
    A picture is worth a thousand words. Picture taken 10 days ago on 2nd Aug 2012.

Sea Esta could TOP earlier than Ripple Bay as they are a smaller project and started earlier........

I wonder if those of us on the high floor sea view units can also get to see the Tanjung Puteri golf green in Malaysia which is behind Pulau Ubin....too far?

Wow, got quite a good sea view!
    What's that island there?

That's pulau ubin.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Wow, got quite a good sea view!
    What's that island there?
    Sea view plus Pulau Ubin greenery view. Can also see some scattered small kelongs. Sometimes, there are ships passing by and water sport activities. Definitely better than some boring reservoir or river view or tiny waterway. More interesting than pool view.

Sometimes got ship. Finally RB started work. Got to catch up with the other 3 plots.

Quote Originally Posted by acosean
    Looking at this pic, wish I can move in right away and waking up every morning to the glorious seaview/sunrise and peaceful serenity of this location. Have to patiently wait for now.