Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast

Thread: Ripple Bay - MCL Land, JLB/Pasir Ris Drive 4

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    on a side note, the waters off pasir ris beach ain't too sanitary in recent years. sewage discharge flowing down from punggol and dead fish that pops up at the river. just note that there can be adverse effects from having a seaview too
    i was told some of these are waste discharge from chemical industries at opposite malaysia pasir gudang side...

Quote Originally Posted by Chester
    On my last visit there, I saw people water ski, a couple of sail boats and also a huge tanker ship sailed past that portion of sea in front of RB. Is that not sufficient sea or what?!! The greenery of Palau Ubin is a bonus.
    That's the reason why I took up a 2 bedder high floor sea facing unit. I have seen all the seaviews from the whole stretch of Pasir Ris St 21 all the way to St 72. The seaview really aren't that bad. I actually waited for the RB to be launched as I only wanted a seaview unit. Had been to SeaStand launch and the agents quoted that RB land was bought at a premium from GLS and will be launch at higher psf, I'm glad that I waited and to see RB average PSF is even cheaper than Seastrand.

Almost bought a resale Oasis@Elias high floor 2 bedder unit more than 1 year back but the sea view at that stretch may not be as near as Ripple Bay. Was also looking at the Whitewater EC seaview also like half past six. My thoughts was those pool view/greenery view condos can be bought everywhere in Singapore.

During the pre-launch, I was told the 2 bedder seaview units in the 2 others blocks which was not launched earlier with buyers paying extra $20K in order to secure the seaview units.
    Last edited by amazon777; 10-04-12 at 10:39.

I love the sea/beach park/kelong/Pulau Ubin view; as well as the fact that I can walk down to the beach park to jog and cycle whenever I like (fresh beach air); or walk a short distance to Downtown East where there're cinemas and a huge supermart plus shops, eateries and food court. I'm very happy with my purchase of a high floor seaview unit for homestay and looking forward to enjoying the fabulous view and fresh sea air from my living room and bedroom balconies. The high quantum is worthwhile for such a dream home.

I'm very happy with my purchase of a high floor seaview unit for homestay and looking forward to enjoying the fabulous view and fresh sea air from my living room and bedroom balconies. The high quantum is worthwhile for such a dream home.
    Seaview from bedroom balconies? I guess you bought the 3/4 bedders unit. So we are going to be neighbors soon in 3 yrs time and I'm currently staying put in the north now.

With so many high-end condos/EC being built at that location; as well as the revamped Costa Sands Resort and redeveloped Pulau Ubin; we're confident that the Govt will spruce up the beach area and sea water. It is a very promising area in a few years' time when Ripple Bay, Seastrand, Sea Esta, EC, revamped Water Park and Costa Sands Resort are standing up, gleaming under the glorious sun

Actually, wanted to wait for Hoi Hup Sea Esta since they bought the land at 360psf, 10% cheaper than RB, but my family decided, better to grab RB fast as we do not know what's Sea Esta configuration like, it could be only the big units facing the sea and it will be $m quantum.

Really surprised that RB has 6 stacks of 2 bedders sea facing with lower quantum and I'm glad I bought $20K cheaper for release stacks than the rest who bought the other 4 stacks that was not launched. There's even rumour of new MRT line near to St21/loyang area and the EC condo name is "Watercolors". What an exotic name!

Frankly, I'm glad it's facing Pulau Ubin and not JB and Ubin island is pretty huge.
    Last edited by amazon777; 10-04-12 at 11:31.

Quote Originally Posted by amazon777
    Actually, wanted to wait for Hoi Hup Sea Esta since they bought the land at 360psf, 10% cheaper than RB, but my family decided, better to grab RB fast as we do not know what's Sea Esta configuration like, it could be only the big units facing the sea and it will be $m quantum.

Really surprised that RB has 6 stacks of 2 bedders sea facing with lower quantum and I'm glad I bought $20K cheaper for release stacks than the rest who bought the other 4 stacks that was not launch. There's even rumour of new MRT line near to St21/loyang area
    Don't count on Sea Esta; their prices (esp. seaview units) won't be low since RB is selling so well. Their land plot is also much smaller (approx. half of RB with only 300+ units to be built - also mean lesser facilities??). Grab what you can get your hands on first rather than wait for something unknown. I think Sea Esta being much closer to Costa Sands and Water Park will not be as 'quiet' as RB.

Seaview from bedroom balconies? I guess you bought the 3/4 bedders unit. So we are going to be neighbors soon in 3 yrs time and I'm currently staying put in the north now.
    Haha, I'll be 'migrating' from the West to the East in 3 yrs time; imagine how much we love this new place to make such a big move.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

As I mentioned before, what you see in showflat is not what you will get in the finished TOP product. You better check whether they really write in black-and-white that they will give you Hansgrohe as shown in the showflat.....
    Better check the appliances and their brands shown in show-room also because very often most will not be included in TOP product or what is given is not what is shown in showflat.

How to expect developers to price cheap and give you quality finishing and workmanship?

Quote Originally Posted by gav108
    just visited show flat. according to agent currently over 60% sold, so still many to choose from. competitive price. a 2 bedder ard 775 sq ft pool view north-south facing lower floors will set you back around 670k.

can smell fresh sea air, and really nice to have park and downtown east nearby. that's a ++ to me.

but...omg the finishing is just awful! ceramic tiles and low-grade looking materials, design and carpentry work, n no options (colour, material etc.) at all. before this i went to palm isles to have a look, and its finishing is already so-so, but this one is worse. the quality reminds me of dbss. the bath fixture is hansgrohe if i remember correctly, but i have never seen hansgrohe look so cheap before!?!

if i were to buy this for own stay, i would probably request the developer not to put in most of the finishing so i can do my own, even if it costs $$$

the contractor has not been announced yet. i hope that in order to sell at such competitive price the developer does not cut too much corners in terms of build quality, but the finishing already suggests otherwise.

all seaview units gone. is it worth the extra 130k++ for a view of the sea? if i have loose cash lying maybe i will pay. only the buyer can decide lar...

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    As I mentioned before, what you see in showflat is not what you will get in the finished TOP product. You better check whether they really write in black-and-white that they will give you Hansgrohe as shown in the showflat.....
    Better check the appliances and their brands shown in show-room also because very often most will not be included in TOP product or what is given is not what is shown in showflat.

How to expect developers to price cheap and give you quality finishing and workmanship?
    Ah Teddy...ever heard of the word "or similar"? So even if they cannot give you items displayed in showroom, they have cover backside clauses to protect themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by insigina
    Ah Teddy...ever heard of the word "or similar"? So even if they cannot give you items displayed in showroom, they have cover backside clauses to protect themselves.
    haha so what if u dont get the exact same thing? the 10-100k saved from buying this and not neighboring projects would have still made ur purchase worthwhile.

better than u pay top $ and end up still not getting what the project was supposed to offer right? So now u pay less and go through the same risks as mentioned by teddy

Quote Originally Posted by price
    haha so what if u dont get the exact same thing? the 10-100k saved from buying this and not neighboring projects would have still made ur purchase worthwhile.

better than u pay top $ and end up still not getting what the project was supposed to offer right? So now u pay less and go through the same risks as mentioned by teddy
    True to an extent...but if you are still paying the same dollar but not getting what you see in the showflat but something poorer, then there's a case to kao peh.

Quote Originally Posted by insigina
    True to an extent...but if you are still paying the same dollar but not getting what you see in the showflat but something poorer, then there's a case to kao peh.
    Ya lor, so Ripple is good wat, "safer"

Haha, I'll be 'migrating' from the West to the East in 3 yrs time; imagine how much we love this new place to make such a big move.
    I had stayed in Pasir Ris since 1992 so not new to me coz I'm back every week to visit my parents. Have briefly stayed in an Pasir Ris EA in 2003 and sold it off at 2005 before "migrating' to the North, think time to sink my roots back to Pasir Ris now, and my family is convincing my in-laws to abandon their northern abode and move to a resale HDB near to RB in 3 yrs time. Think they miss out on the studio HDB that is now being built in PR drive 4.

I had stayed in Pasir Ris since 1992 so not new to me coz I'm back every week to visit my parents. Have briefly stayed in an Pasir Ris EA in 2003 and sold it off at 2005 before "migrating' to the North, think time to sink my roots back to Pasir Ris now, and my family is convincing my in-laws to abandon their northern abode and move to a resale HDB near to RB in 3 yrs time. Think they miss out on the studio HDB that is now being built in PR drive 4.
    You must be a sea/beach park lover like me.

What is the sales like for RBay now? are all units launch yet?

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    What is the sales like for RBay now? are all units launch yet?
    Already fully launched, sold 60-70%. All sea-view units from 7th floor up all sold out.

You must be a sea/beach park lover like me.
    Yes, I am. I almost bought a 14 floor seaview PR HDB in 2003 but was beaten by others in the game.

I do bring my family dog to the beach in front of RB every other week previously until I have a child. Frankly, I do prefer the East Coast beach, but really pricey $ Silversea, Costal Del Sol, Cote D'Azur due to bigger floor size. Even enbloc hype old developments such as Laguna, Lagoon & Neptune court also not cheap. Now with the 700+ sq ft 2 bedder, I think my spouse and I are ok to sacrifice space for view. Imagine those HDB high floor views in Bishan can command $900K. Seaview units will have sustained value even if market trend downwards.

Already fully launched, sold 60-70%. All sea-view units from 7th floor up all sold out.
    Strongly believe Sea Esta next door seaview units wil be sold out in no time even before pre-launch.

Sea Easter by Hoi Hup Sunway is EC or Condo ?

Yes, I am. I almost bought a 14 floor seaview PR HDB in 2003 but was beaten by others in the game.

I do bring my family dog to the beach in front of RB every other week previously until I have a child. Frankly, I do prefer the East Coast beach, but really pricey $ Silversea, Costal Del Sol, Cote D'Azur due to bigger floor size. Even enbloc hype old developments such as Laguna, Lagoon & Neptune court also not cheap. Now with the 700+ sq ft 2 bedder, I think my spouse and I are ok to sacrifice space for view. Imagine those HDB high floor views in Bishan can command $900K. Seaview units will have sustained value even if market trend downwards.
    Those at East Coast not as near to the beach as RB (and no Downtown East or MRT nearby); most of them also have the noisy Expressway running across between them and the beach. Seaview units are really rare entities; I may not let go even if someone else offers to buy over at a huge profit

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeboxsupporter
    Sea Easter by Hoi Hup Sunway is EC or Condo ?
    Condo, the one behind Sea Esta is EC - Watercolours (with no seaview).

Condo, the one behind Sea Esta is EC - Watercolours (with no seaview).
    Those Watercolors EC may have partial sea view at an angle for those units facing the new road leading from Pasir Ris main road leading to the JLB, the new road will run by the side of Watercpolors EC and Sea Esta towards the Govt holiday bungalows direction via JLB

wow... with many concurrent launches, this area will get overcrowded...

Quote Originally Posted by iwantgizmos
    hmmm... which area is Not over-Crowded now?

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    hmmm... which area is Not over-Crowded now?
    Mount Vernon

Quote Originally Posted by iwantgizmos
    Ripple Bay will be surrounded by all condos and landed properties only. Hopefully when all are up, Govt will consider extending MRT to this area.

Ripple Bay will be surrounded by all condos and landed properties only. Hopefully when all are up, Govt will consider extending MRT to this area.
    Google it find 376 unit for Sea Esta (Residential). Not sure the developer indicative price if compare to Ripple Bay. There are no sea view available for Ripple Bay. So, this is the last chance !

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeboxsupporter
    Google it find 376 unit for Sea Esta (Residential). Not sure the developer indicative price if compare to Ripple Bay. There are no sea view available for Ripple Bay. So, this is the last chance !
    Heart there will be stacks of 1 bedders facing the sea for this!

why don't u consider the older developments that have sea view? e.g. blu waters I & II?