Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 491415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Ripple Bay - MCL Land, JLB/Pasir Ris Drive 4

Quote Originally Posted by RP111
    Wow bro, u bought RP still kiping a look out on our neighboring land haha
    U not thinking of Subsales later on, r u?
    Looking around for my bro whom miss out on the ripple bay sea view units. He wants to cash out and downgrade from landed

Anyway, just to share some thoughts on our Ripple Bay project. I've heard and seen from many others (including forum posters) that Ripple Bay is in an ulu (i.e. out-of-the-way or remote) location, that it isn't worth buying for stay or investment. I beg to differ because don't they realise the following?

1. Pasir Ris is next to Tampines, which is the Regional Centre of the East (where many banks and malls congregate), and is near Changi Airport, EXPO and the gigantic Changi Business Park (which will be expanded even further), and contains a highly popular beach park, an assortment of resorts plus Downtown East (which will be revived in its Water Theme Park). To me, "ulu" refers to places like Lim Chu Kang and Jalan Ulu Sembawang, and definitely not the hip and happening Pasir Ris!

2. We shouldn't "judge distance by its cover" - I live in Pasir Ris and work in Telok Blangah. I take 30 min to drive home when there is no traffic jam. So one day when I had an appointment to meet someone in Eunos/Ubi area, I thought since I will need 30 min to reach home, reaching Eunos would take probably only 20 min since it is LESS THAN HALF THE DISTANCE from Pasir Ris. But guess what? I took 45 min instead! Why? This is because after exiting from ECP into Still Road, there were lots of traffic lights that I had to encounter with before reaching my destination in Eunos/Ubi! In other words, Pasir Ris may be 30km from Telok Blangah, but it is only 30 min away from it. Eunos may be 12 km from Telok Blangah but it is 45 min away!

3. Singapore's total land area (including all supposedly "ulu" areas) stands at 710 sq km. Ask a New Yorker what is meant by "being far" to travel within Singapore when New York City itself (at 783.8 sq km) is already bigger than the entire Singapore island! And if we talk about the New York Metropolitan Area, it is a whopping 30,670 sq km. And I am not even mentioning the State of New York (at 141,300 sq km). This just shows that when a city/small country grows and expands economically, there will be no more "ulu" places because each Regional Centre will eventually overlap with one another, forming a metropolitan, just like New York does.

Any thoughts?

I love living in Pasir Ris too because it is a relaxed environment, has decent amenities and is convenient (except when I have to go for reservist in the West!)

I only wish the government will stop releasing so much land for GLS in Pasir Ris at the same time! Besides depressing home prices for existing owners, it will change the character of the place.

Quote Originally Posted by lky123
    I love living in Pasir Ris too because it is a relaxed environment, has decent amenities and is convenient (except when I have to go for reservist in the West!)

I only wish the government will stop releasing so much land for GLS in Pasir Ris at the same time! Besides depressing home prices for existing owners, it will change the character of the place.
    that's the only way they have to cool the market, by releasing more supply. there isn't abundance of land to sell elsewhere other than Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Batok and Punggol.

Quote Originally Posted by acosean
    Anyway, just to share some thoughts on our Ripple Bay project. I've heard and seen from many others (including forum posters) that Ripple Bay is in an ulu (i.e. out-of-the-way or remote) location, that it isn't worth buying for stay or investment.
    Any thoughts?
    If Ripple Bay is selling at $1,400psf, would you still buy? If Sky Habitat is selling at $1,400 psf, would you buy? Why? It's all relative to the price that you are paying.

It is also relative to what you have bought. Imagine if you have paid for D1 999LH unit less than this just 3 years ago. Will you buy SH or even RB?
    Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    If Ripple Bay is selling at $1,400psf, would you still buy? If Sky Habitat is selling at $1,400 psf, would you buy? Why? It's all relative to the price that you are paying.

We stay in pasir ris 4room flat. My older brother has moved out and I am moving out in 2014 when my pasir ris bto is ready. My parents do not need such a big flat. We are not that rich but through some good financial planning my parents manage to own and sold a condo unit for about 1m which is enough to clear loan plus afford a one bedroom unit at ripple bay to stay. The hdb will be used for passive income for retirement.

My point is really depend on your motive for buying. For us, we like staying in pasir ris so ripple bay with its price was a natural choice for my parents.

Quote Originally Posted by jansenboy
    We stay in pasir ris 4room flat. My older brother has moved out and I am moving out in 2014 when my pasir ris bto is ready. My parents do not need such a big flat. We are not that rich but through some good financial planning my parents manage to own and sold a condo unit for about 1m which is enough to clear loan plus afford a one bedroom unit at ripple bay to stay. The hdb will be used for passive income for retirement.

My point is really depend on your motive for buying. For us, we like staying in pasir ris so ripple bay with its price was a natural choice for my parents.
    U sound like the future family, where family nucleus concept no longer appropriate with members splitting up everywhere. Your parents in their 50s nia right?

Bto.... Guess u not eligible for my contest then. Sorry....

Quote Originally Posted by lky123

Pasir Ris is becoming way too crowded with EC and condos popping up all over. There goes the peace...

Can be summed up in 5 words.

卖花说花香

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    U sound like the future family, where family nucleus concept no longer appropriate with members splitting up everywhere. Your parents in their 50s nia right?

Bto.... Guess u not eligible for my contest then. Sorry....
    No offence and I know you definitely got way more assets than me but is funny you should say that seeing as our plans is to try stay near to our parents once we move out hence remaining in pasir ris.

About pasir ris being too crowded I can't disagree with you having been staying here for a long time. But you can say the same for everywhere else in Singapore surely?

Actually we must understand one phenomenon, which many people fail to see. Consider the price between a 50" TV vs a 52" TV. If their prices are of marginal differences, it is worth buying the larger TV. For example, if they are $2,000 and $2,300 respectively, it is still fine. But what if the 52" costs $3,500? See the proportion disparity?

Coming back to the property market scenario: Both Ripple Bay and Waterfront Isles are 99-yr LH; both are non-walking distance to MRT and both have simplex penthouses (PH) facing the sea/reservoir.

But a Ripple Bay sea-facing simplex PH at 2045 sqft is around $2m and yet a Waterfront Isles reservoir-facing simplex PH (intrapolated at 2045 sqft) is at a whopping $3m!

The question then is: Are you willing to pay $1 million more to be a few km closer to town, bearing in mind of the issues I raised in my earlier post?

No offence and I know you definitely got way more assets than me but is funny you should say that seeing as our plans is to try stay near to our parents once we move out hence remaining in pasir ris.

About pasir ris being too crowded I can't disagree with you having been staying here for a long time. But you can say the same for everywhere else in Singapore surely?
    No, dont be mistaken my boyboy. I am saying u r doing the right thing, and policy makers need to realise that going forward, family nucleus is an outdated concept. Instead they should place more weigh behind living near parents. And to make the hdb asset work hard for u is also wise, hdb has highest yield. So better do it fast before policy changes again to pose more risk.

About the asset qn, not related to this topic but rather the bachelor/bachelorette of the year 'contest' i am running.... A lot of forummers here super rich, so the criteria a bit high, no offense to you nor any self reference on my part.

Actually we must understand one phenomenon, which many people fail to see. Consider the price between a 50" TV vs a 52" TV. If their prices are of marginal differences, it is worth buying the larger TV. For example, if they are $2,000 and $2,300 respectively, it is still fine. But what if the 52" costs $3,500? See the proportion disparity?

Coming back to the property market scenario: Both Ripple Bay and Waterfront Isles are 99-yr LH; both are non-walking distance to MRT and both have simplex penthouses (PH) facing the sea/reservoir.

But a Ripple Bay sea-facing simplex PH at 2045 sqft is around $2m and yet a Waterfront Isles reservoir-facing simplex PH (intrapolated at 2045 sqft) is at a whopping $3m!

The question then is: Are you willing to pay $1 million more to be a few km closer to town, bearing in mind of the issues I raised in my earlier post?
    Invalid comparison. Waterfront series has upcoming DTL station within walking distance.

Invalid comparison. Waterfront series has upcoming DTL station within walking distance.
    Ever considered waterfront series. But few cons held me back:
    1. DTL is not the main line (transit line)whereas EW line is easy to travel to central. Pop into free shuttle to Pasir Ris MRT and u r on your way
    2. Bedok Reservoir Road is rather narrow, prone to accident for cars turning
    in or out of their PC.
    3. Limited facilities.
    4. Too many PC surrounding the reservoir liao

Just my peronal opinion.

MCL land does not go for upmarket or high class segment. they go for reasonable price reasonable material/quality. if wi gives high class material then their pricing is fine. everything has a price tag.

No, dont be mistaken my boyboy. I am saying u r doing the right thing, and policy makers need to realise that going forward, family nucleus is an outdated concept. Instead they should place more weigh behind living near parents. And to make the hdb asset work hard for u is also wise, hdb has highest yield. So better do it fast before policy changes again to pose more risk.

About the asset qn, not related to this topic but rather the bachelor/bachelorette of the year 'contest' i am running.... A lot of forummers here super rich, so the criteria a bit high, no offense to you nor any self reference on my part.
    My mistake, misunderstood what you meant.

Actually for the family nucleus thing, hdb should consider building duel key just like private sector or ec. Of course there will be possibility of abuse such as pp rent out the extra unit instead of letting their parents stay but in the long haul it could encourage young couples to consider staying with their parents. At least that's what I think will be more effective. Let's see.

My 4th brother bought Waterfront Isles because of the unblocked reservoir view for most of its rooms at the expense of being very far from even the future MRT line (Bedok Reservoir). To be precise, it is two bus-stops away (i.e. if the bus-stop outside Waterfront Isles is Stop 1, then the stop at the future Bedok Reservoir station isn't even Stop 2, but Stop 3), plus some walking from Stop 3 to the station.

When we talk about being within walking distance to the MRT, that usually refers to 300m or less. Look at the surrounding map. If you say Bay Water is near the MRT station, you are absolutely right. I've considered WaterFront Key because it is rather near it too. But when it comes to WaterFront Waves, I am a bit hesitant because there is some considerable walking to the station (even if we use the nearest rear gate). And when we talk about the even further WaterFront Gold, it is already way out. So who would dare to claim WaterFront Isles is near the MRT?

By the same token, Ripple Bay isn't of walking distance to the nearest MRT, though it does have the convenience of having a direct feeder bus (right outside it) that will take us to Pasir Ris MRT, the stop on the main trunk E-W MRT line. And early birds of Pasir Ris can vouch that they can always find a seat and doze off from this 1st station. Tampines residents, on the other hand, have to stand most of the time.

Moreover, there is a promised free shuttle to the MRT for the first year; subsequent years will be subject to Management Committee's decision. And the monthly maintenance is only $280 even for the largest penthouses.

So back to my original question, is the difference of one million dollars worth the difference between a full unblocked sea-view simplex Penthouse at Ripple Bay and a full unblocked reservoir-view simplex Penthouse at WaterFront Isles of similar floor size, whereby both are 99-year LH and both aren't of walking distance to the nearest MRT, present or future?

And under normal traffic conditions, I challenge that a drive from Ripple Bay to town would take a shorter time as compared to a drive from WaterFront Isles to CBD. Look at the map and you'll know why.

I am sorry, but if you use onemap.sg, you will realise that WFK is less than 150m from the future MRT, while WFG is less than 400m (5min's walk?). And the WF series are less than 1 min's drive to the nearest access to PIE.

Bedok Reservoir Rd may not be a very wide road but it is seldom congested. In fact, many cars love to speed there and ended up with several fatal accidents in the past =(

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    I am sorry, but if you use onemap.sg, you will realise that WFK is less than 150m from the future MRT, while WFG is less than 400m (5min's walk?). And the WF series are less than 1 min's drive to the nearest access to PIE.

Bedok Reservoir Rd may not be a very wide road but it is seldom congested. In fact, many cars love to speed there and ended up with several fatal accidents in the past =(
    Did u realise that there are hardly any filtering lanes along the road? If you are turning into ur condo make sure u have to signal early or even wave if the vehicles are following closely behind you

Seldom congested? wait & see when all TOP

Quote Originally Posted by 3C
    Did u realise that there are hardly any filtering lanes along the road? If you are turning into ur condo make sure u have to signal early or even wave if the vehicles are following closely behind you

Seldom congested? wait & see when all TOP
    There are already, newly constructed, go see

There are already, newly constructed, go see
    No need to see. Been there quite few times to visit showrooms. Few near misses especially near Sheng Sheong area and turning out from HDB besides waterfront isles .... . some blind spots here & there. Rather risky if you are not familiar with the road. Is good if they have constructed the filtering lane at your condo. Happy for you

Yes, I am exactly using onemap.sg. And it isn't accurate because WFI isn't even depicted there! You'd need to use www.streetdirectory.com to see where it is. You mentioned WFK and WFG (and maybe WFW), but not WFI. The issue at hand now is about WFI, not the others. We must also not forget about where the accessible points (such as the exact locations of the back gates of condos and entrances/exits of MRT stations) are. My 4th brother who bought WFI complained of the non-walking distance even to the future Bedok Reservoir MRT. When he took others (his in-laws, my mum, my other brothers) there, NONE of us would want to walk that kind of distance to the MRT. All would say, "My goodness! Why don't you buy Bay Water or WFK or at least WFW? WFG is already somewhere I won't want to walk to (the MRT), your WFI is even worse!"

Please note however that only agents attempting to sell WFI will claim that is is within walking distance to the future MRT!

As for the Bedok Reservoir Rd traffic - it has been horrendous! My wife and I were viewing a reservoir-facing WFW unit and I almost wanted to buy it because of its exceptional view (and not too far from future MRT). But I was cautioned by her in terms of its heavy traffic with lots of heavy construction vehicles coming from the Ubi side!

And PIE is more susceptible to jams than ECP does! Why? Pure logic. PIE has entrances and exits from two sides (its north and its south), but ECP has only 1 side of it. So Ripple Bay to town via ECP is usually more smooth than PIE is!

Quote Originally Posted by 3C
    No need to see. Been there quite few times to visit showrooms. Few near misses especially near Sheng Sheong area and turning out from HDB besides waterfront isles .... . some blind spots here & there. Rather risky if you are not familiar with the road. Is good if they have constructed the filtering lane at your condo. Happy for you
    No need happy for me, I m not vested in any of the reservoir projects, just speaking impartially

Just noted that it is 3 bus-stops (i.e. Bus Stop 1, Bus Stop 2, Bus Stop 3 and then Bus Stop 4) instead of 2 if we don't want to do much of walking from Waterfront Isles to the future Bedok Reservoir MRT station. And I ain't sure if there are bus numbers that would turn right from Bedok Reservoir Rd into Bedok North Ave 3 (where the MRT will be). Maybe there are some, but the rest would go straight eastbound.

Just noted that it is 3 bus-stops (i.e. Bus Stop 1, Bus Stop 2, Bus Stop 3 and then Bus Stop 4) instead of 2 if we don't want to do much of walking from Waterfront Isles to the future Bedok Reservoir MRT station. And I ain't sure if there are bus numbers that would turn right from Bedok Reservoir Rd into Bedok North Ave 3 (where the MRT will be). Maybe there are some, but the rest would go straight eastbound.
    Sorry my bad. I refer to WFW 150m away from the future MRT. WFI would be less than 500m if cutting through the HDB and walking along the canal. Anyway as I me toned, I m not vested in any of these WF projects, neither am i a supporter for them, just here to join in the fun and discussion

So back to my original question, is the difference of one million dollars worth the difference between a full unblocked sea-view simplex Penthouse at Ripple Bay and a full unblocked reservoir-view simplex Penthouse at WaterFront Isles of similar floor size, whereby both are 99-year LH and both aren't of walking distance to the nearest MRT, present or future?

And under normal traffic conditions, I challenge that a drive from Ripple Bay to town would take a shorter time as compared to a drive from WaterFront Isles to CBD. Look at the map and you'll know why.
    Instead of comparing with WFI to justify your purchase of Ripple Bay, you should compare what $2M can get you, including condos next to MRT or even FH landed.

Sorry my bad. I refer to WFW 150m away from the future MRT. WFI would be less than 500m if cutting through the HDB and walking along the canal. Anyway as I me toned, I m not vested in any of these WF projects, neither am i a supporter for them, just here to join in the fun and discussion
    Maybe can consider Archipelago, it's on the less congested part of Bedok Reservoir and defiinitely shd have less congestion, access to PIE, and also Bartley flyover and Pasir Ris via courts/Ikea.

My mistake, misunderstood what you meant.

Actually for the family nucleus thing, hdb should consider building duel key just like private sector or ec. Of course there will be possibility of abuse such as pp rent out the extra unit instead of letting their parents stay but in the long haul it could encourage young couples to consider staying with their parents. At least that's what I think will be more effective. Let's see.
    Dual key... Might be still too near for comfort?
    Nothing to stop them ring ir door bell 10x a day... Asking u eat already? Bathe already? Hows the little ones????

Dual key... Might be still too near for comfort?
    Nothing to stop them ring ir door bell 10x a day... Asking u eat already? Bathe already? Hows the little ones????
    Or Your Bed making lots of noise at night, time to change new one.