Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152025 ... LastLast

Thread: Ripple Bay - MCL Land, JLB/Pasir Ris Drive 4

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    wakaka.....tmr which showflat u gg?
    I m gng for ripple bay showflat.

Not sure if palm isle showflat is up already since they are in the same vicinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricade
    If anyone visit ripple bay showflat.. Ask abt the spa pool.. Warm water or cold water?
    Ahha maybe later go down myself.
    u so cute....

so u will buy if there is a hot spa pool? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Panerex77
    I m gng for ripple bay showflat.

Not sure if palm isle showflat is up already since they are in the same vicinity.
    shd be up bah.....today 2 full page for palm.....but nvr see ripplebay ad leh....????

Went down on Thurs. Whoa pian, could not even find a place to sit. Small & sea view units were snapping up like hot cakes.

Impressed by the beautiful landscape. Was surprised that 1 bedders have a balcony with full beautiful pool view. Quite tempting, 900+ psf compared to Palette 1 bedder abt 1200 psf with little pond view

Went down on Thurs. Whoa pian, could not even find a place to sit. Small & sea view units were snapping up like hot cakes.

Impressed by the beautiful landscape. Was surprised that 1 bedders have a balcony with full beautiful pool view. Quite tempting, 900+ psf compared to Palette 1 bedder abt 1200 psf with little pond view

Not so fast lah normally when I buy property I always visIt the showflat / unit at least 5 times before committing.. Wahaha need to asses whether is really love or impulse

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    u so cute....

so u will buy if there is a hot spa pool? LOL
    Maybe why not.. Know any other cOndo with hot pools ard?

Just came back from the showflat.. Haha agent couldn't answer whether spa pool is warm water or not.. Haizzzzz why developer cannot specify.. Been having this small peeve regarding unspecified warm/cold pool issue in new launches. Maybe condo developers Shd take note..

Anyways some feedback.. The 4BR doesn't look appealing to me. 2 BR is normal but common toilet is enclosed, no window. 1BR looks like it's the best bet. it's going for ard low 500k after discount

Anyone knows what is standard rental rate for this area 1BR - new development? Agent quotes me 2.5k - that is an impressive yield if going by $500k as quantum. 6% gross yield and mthly installment is 1.1k based on 1.5% ir, and 40 years loan.

Quite interesting.. Still makes pretty decent returns based On agent's projection

Just came back from the showflat.. Haha agent couldn't answer whether spa pool is warm water or not.. Haizzzzz why developer cannot specify.. Been having this small peeve regarding unspecified warm/cold pool issue in new launches. Maybe condo developers Shd take note..

Anyways some feedback.. The 4BR doesn't look appealing to me. 2 BR is normal but common toilet is enclosed, no window. 1BR looks like it's the best bet. it's going for ard low 500k after discount

Anyone knows what is standard rental rate for this area 1BR - new development? Agent quotes me 2.5k - that is an impressive yield if going by $500k as quantum. 6% gross yield and mthly installment is 1.1k based on 1.5% ir, and 40 years loan.

Quite interesting.. Still makes pretty decent returns based On agent's
    projection
    Thot some people says 1 bedder is around 4xx k? Why now become 5xx k?
    Price increase?

How much is a 2 bedder?

Around 650k
    Quote Originally Posted by kane
    How much is a 2 bedder?

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    Thot some people says 1 bedder is around 4xx k? Why now become 5xx k?
    Price increase?
    Taking average of the price range

... Agent quotes me 2.5k - that is an impressive yield if going by $500k as quantum. 6% gross yield and mthly installment is 1.1k based on 1.5% ir, and 40 years loan.

Quite interesting.. Still makes pretty decent returns based On agent's projection
    I am not a property expert but have this question.

There are many recent launches and realistically, the availability of 1-2 bdr and MM will increase significantly in a few years time. Is the quote of 2.5k based on current market or the projected rental in a few years time?

2.5k rent is the bullshit projection agents made, pretty much the same way as insurance agents telling you your whole life policy has an expected return of 7% pa over the next 20yrs

Btw devilplate bro, sometimes I dun understand your posts. You yourself said many times there is no way you will buy anything for investment after CM4 (not even 5), and yet your other posts seem to suggest (at least) some of the new launches are good buys. Look at the style of most new launches , most are selling ppl the dream of an investment pty, the abundance of tiny 1 2 bedders. The median size of units sold in th least quarter is something like 6-700 sqft. It's clear who are in the market now. WB one bedder 600k someone says cheap; then it's better'ed by PR 480 to 500k laggi better deal; now RB even better 4xxk plus only, bestest ?? Can't you see ppl are drawing into this cult feverishly ? ( and seriously why u like to poke teddybear... All thanks to the CMs the above is happening. This is not healthy for this market.)

2.5k 1br near bedok with mrt is possible as 3r hdb asking above 2k, pasir ris less than 2k if far from mrt
    Ride at your own risk !!!

just wait n watch - a few years later the demand will be back for larger units and those having 3 and 4 bedder will have the last laugh

MM holders will just have to carry that tiny baby....

Quote Originally Posted by heutistmeintag

There are many recent launches and realistically, the availability of 1-2 bdr and MM will increase significantly in a few years time. Is the quote of 2.5k based on current market or the projected rental in a few years time?
    To play safe, always give yourself a lower buffer by any figures the agent quoted to you so that you are not in for a surprise. Use HDB based line and 1rm studio rental in the market as a guage. I would say probably in the range of 1.7-2k

read today's Sunday Times on MM rental - prospects of rental values more about assumptions .....

Quote Originally Posted by heutistmeintag

Fiat money, a few years time it will be 3.5k.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xt5U...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zvNV-vkEzc

By after 2018, we will get back to yester-years where 5-rm HDB flats can only rent for <$1500 pm again. Massive HDB supply hitting market!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    2.5k 1br near bedok with mrt is possible as 3r hdb asking above 2k, pasir ris less than 2k if far from mrt

Money don't grow on tree, they just print it.

I agree guys, 2.5k is quite a high amt for 1BR MM..
    But what is mkt doing now for pasir ris area ? Anyone familiar with mkt care to share?

Can't find similar comparison for this project.. Tried looking ard and only found Oasis@Elias which jus TOP recently. But even then the smallest units there are 2BR.

Really hoping someone can share a light on this.. Tks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon
    Money don't grow on tree, they just print it.

you need to account for GDP growth as more money is needed to grow ..

last check Feb 2012 M3 @ 453,465 ... double from Jan 2006 (in 6y), far exceeding GDP growth .. it is also faster than 1992-1998 6y high growth period, basically the only conclusion is that inflation rate is now higher than 1992-1998, but not much more

I agree guys, 2.5k is quite a high amt for 1BR MM..
    But what is mkt doing now for pasir ris area ? Anyone familiar with mkt care to share?

Can't find similar comparison for this project.. Tried looking ard and only found Oasis@Elias which jus TOP recently. But even then the smallest units there are 2BR.

Really hoping someone can share a light on this.. Tks guys
    You can use A-G condos 1br to judge the rental potential

In 2006 I buy my 2 Bedroom Southbank for 535K. I rent my 5 room for 1.2k per month.
    In 2011, 2 Bedroom @ Southbank cost 1.5 million rent for 4.1K and my 5 room rent for 2.4k per month.

"By after 2018, we will get back to yester-years where 5-rm HDB flats can only rent for <$1500 pm again. Massive HDB supply hitting market! "

In order for 5 room rent to reduce to < $1500.

1. US need to get QE1, QE2 money back
    2. Europe need to recover Euro 1 trillion or more.
    3. Singapore population need to reduce 1 million.

Money Printing Outlook for 2012

Based on today's action lets pencil in Euro 1 trillion more of QE for Europe, $600 billion of QE for the US and say £150 billion of QE for the UK, then that's a potentially inflationary boost to the western economies of $2 trillion during 2012 which as a consequence of the fractional reserve banking will be leveraged up to at LEAST a factor of X10 or $20 trillion. Many can argue that the money is not being lent out but rather hoarded and used to pay down debt, which is true to some extent but there will be such a potential of leveragable liquidity sloshing around by the end of 2012, that it could eventually result in inflation rates soaring to levels that we cannot even imagine today,

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article32265.html

Ripple Bay 1br at high 4xxk ... comparable to Parc Rosewood right
    Sure can rent out one lah ... depends on how high is your expectation ... rent to Bangla .. squeeze 10 persons into one condo unit sure can hit 2.5k But after 1y be prepared to redo your house ... and risk complaints from others

And you can probably check out One Amber 5XXsqft rental

Per owner at OE thread, 2br at the area yields 3.2 rent

So is the 2.5k rent for 1BR unrealistic?

Frankly speaking .. I think bro devilplate is right ... 850psf 1br @ Ripple Bay is quite cheap leh..

THE ESTUARY YISHUN AVENUE 1 Condominium 1 600,000 592 Strata 1,013psf Mar-12

this one in the north, equally far from MRT / amenities, west sun +++

and @ half the price of One Amber ... give HDB ppl a chance lah to own the dream condo

ONE AMBER AMBER GARDENS Condominium 1 950,000 570 Strata 1,665psf Dec-11

I think the 2500 per month for a 1 bed is overly bullish. The slew of 1 and 2 bed coming online in the next few years could push rentals back even after factoring in money printing. Rentals have ran ahead of M3.

Regardless guys, if already have property in Portfolio, maybe hold and don't over leverage in light of possible downturn or IR increase.

If no property in portfolio yet, RB pricing still males sense hence can consider but have to take a risk of development time, and possible downturn / IR increase.

OE owners collecting keys right now, Congrats coz current rentals seems to be quite lucrative. Save more so that can tide over bad period if economy worsens or ir increase (hyper inflation).