Thread: Will current Share BULL mkt affect prop prices..

Default Will current Share BULL mkt affect prop prices..

A wise man once said property mkt reacts about 6mths after share mkt....so if share mkt plunges ad stays there 6 mths later prop price will drop and vice versa...

so share mkt is doing good today so does that mean property prices poised for a breakout...VIEWS please...cos i know EVERYONE is affected whter price go UP or DOWN...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    A wise man once said property mkt reacts about 6mths after share mkt....so if share mkt plunges ad stays there 6 mths later prop price will drop and vice versa...

so share mkt is doing good today so does that mean property prices poised for a breakout...VIEWS please...cos i know EVERYONE is affected whter price go UP or DOWN...
    I kind of missed the boat back in 2006 cos expecting subprime to take it's toll on the market and property price. Hence shorted the market and made some $$ but would have made more if i had gone into property market instead

if the thoery correct, properties gg to climb up another 15% in 6 mths. but one thing is for sure, new launch is gg to launch higher and higher!

Quote Originally Posted by radha08

I believe that if for a persistence and prolong depression in term of share Market, it will then affect for impact.
    Other then that , the recent down turn cycle is short and the come back is very fast, most investor at this point had the holding power .

i think a new phenomenom has appeared, new units will go up and up in prices; resales and subsales prices will spiral down...this phenonomenon make condo good for stay only

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    i think a new phenomenom has appeared, new units will go up and up in prices; resales and subsales prices will spiral down...this phenonomenon make condo good for stay only
    More new development will hve larger proportion of 1 &2 bedders that have higher $psf.

I realised in singapore the property index is strongly correlated to STI.
    If STI rise, it is likely in 1 quarter time, property index will follow to rise.

I haven't observe the phenomenon in the history of singapore that STI on a bull run and property index is negatively correlated and keep dropping .. whereas it can be the other way round where STI takes a small dip but property index remains stagnant.

For info, STI is on a bull run since Dec 2011. If this carries on and stay around in 3200-3500 region, I don't think property will drop, otherwise this will be the first in singapore history...

Quote Originally Posted by orangeroad80
    I realised in singapore the property index is strongly correlated to STI.
    If STI rise, it is likely in 1 quarter time, property index will follow to rise.

I haven't observe the phenomenon in the history of singapore that STI on a bull run and property index is negatively correlated and keep dropping .. whereas it can be the other way round where STI takes a small dip but property index remains stagnant.

For info, STI is on a bull run since Dec 2011. If this carries on and stay around in 3200-3500 region, I don't think property will drop, otherwise this will be the first in singapore history...
    I agree with you... if STI stays above 3000 in 2012, no way property prices will drop... whether it will continue to go up is up for debate, but definitely will not drop if STI above 3000

This widening price gap is sustainable? Not so sure leh.

Quote Originally Posted by avo7007
    This widening price gap is sustainable? Not so sure leh.
    The price gap between those going to TOP/newly TOP and new launches is not huge. In fact, it is quite close

perhaps you are talking about much older projects vs new launches?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    The price gap between those going to TOP/newly TOP and new launches is not huge. In fact, it is quite close

perhaps you are talking about much older projects vs new launches?
    Those new launches and those abouyt 5-9 years project, prices difference at least 20%

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    Those new launches and those abouyt 5-9 years project, prices difference at least 20%
    however quantum can be very different.

Rental yield between them can be quite signifcant. Older ones will be an advantageas rental for new unit cannot a few thousand dollar/month more than an older unit. . Newer ones has also go to pay higher maintenance fee, etc. So the nett yield can be much lower.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCR

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Rental yield between them can be quite signifcant. Older ones will be an advantage. Newer ones has also go to pay higher maintenance fee, etc. So the nett yield can be much lower.
    Agree. I am no big fan of new for investment unless the price is right.

Anyway i think COE responds more quickly to stock market movements.

BTW, stocks are not the factor in determining COE ... it's a different ball game

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Agree. I am no big fan of new for investment unless the price is right.

Anyway i think COE responds more quickly to stock market movements.

Quote Originally Posted by orangeroad80
    BTW, stocks are not the factor in determining COE ... it's a different ball game
    In a bullish stock market scenario and reducing coe supply, it gives coe double the impetus to rise.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    In a bullish stock market scenario and reducing coe supply, it gives coe double the impetus to rise.
    COE will hit $100K after July for 1,600 cc and above... Not starting a rumour, but becos supply cut by half.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    however quantum can be very different.
    I agree...

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    COE will hit $100K after July for 1,600 cc and above... Not starting a rumour, but becos supply cut by half.
    That's my own suspicion as well...

The contrarian will buy the resale market now! when no one is buying!

[QUOTE=sh]The contrarian will buy the resale market now! when no one is buying![/QUOTELet me know where are resale units spiralling down quikly. Wl be keen to buy too.