Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: East Village @ Bedok Walk (D16, Freehold, World Class Land)

Quote Originally Posted by pod
    There is also a concept eatery place along upper changi rd. 'picardy gardens'? Got nice chicken rice, thai food, chinese seafood etc etc.

Pretty lifestyle & nice.

I am going to book my agent friend to bring me for property launch. hehe.. kaypoh abit... (he say developer got give discount for vip launch wo)
    Ya, staying there food surely no problem. Many nice eats around the area.

Got a supermarket there as well, so quite convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    I still prefer the original Lau Lim. The two stalls at Simpang Bedok are copycats. The boss of the Lau Lim in Simpang Bedok was a worker for the original Lau Lim but paid the older man a sum of money to use the "Lau Lim" name.

The original Lau Lim's stall is called 132 Kway Teow Mee. They have sinced moved to Blk 59 Marine Terrace, the old Lau Lim's wife does do the cooking now. Their chilli is super hot and may not suit the younger generation's taste. Also the queue is still super long, partly bcoz they are slow and also unlike Simpang Bedok, they are less organised.

I still like it bcoz there is a lot of originality in their taste, very old school and less refined. This is unlike those monotonous flavours that you taste in all the food courts mainly cooked by the Ah Tiongs.
    Oh, first time I tried this was at Siglap which I thought was the original stall.

The one at Simpang also not bad, but now changed to assistant cooking so not what it used to be. But still good, boss there making lots of $. Can see many ppl queuing and waiting for the mee pok.

Yep, the original was at Jln Tua Kong, Siglap, where the boss of the Simpang Bedok shop worked. Old man of original stall stopped for a while and handed it over to him for a sum of money and he also took over the "Lau Lim" name.

There are now many copycat in Siglap also calling themselves "Lau Lim" or "Jln Tua Kong" mee pok selling the noodles in the same style.

Simpang Bedok very close to original bcoz the boss was from the original stall. Many find it better than original actually. The original is actually very salty, oily and spicy. But having had it for decades, I still have a soft spot for it. Its also cheaper too.

If you are a foodie, go and try it as a reference just for the hell of it. Blk 59 Marine Terrace. You'll see the customers are old faithfuls from Siglap/East Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by GSLJ
    Oh, first time I tried this was at Siglap which I thought was the original stall.

The one at Simpang also not bad, but now changed to assistant cooking so not what it used to be. But still good, boss there making lots of $. Can see many ppl queuing and waiting for the mee pok.

Worse still are massage parlours and sleazy KTVs....
    My personal opinion is there may not be such problems as the development will still be 'check-mate' by the residents upstairs. Dun think they will allow such tenancy mix as they will be the first to feedback to the relevant enforcement agencies. These are million dollar properties and profile of the owners might be those who are careful of where they park their money.

Anyway has anyone placed a cheque for any units there so far? Anyone invited for their exclusive vvip previews yet?

My personal opinion is there may not be such problems as the development will still be 'check-mate' by the residents upstairs. Dun think they will allow such tenancy mix as they will be the first to feedback to the relevant enforcement agencies. These are million dollar properties and profile of the owners might be those who are careful of where they park their money.

Anyway has anyone placed a cheque for any units there so far? Anyone invited for their exclusive vvip previews yet?
    u nvr noe....wat if the shop tenants manage to get license for operating massage?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    u nvr noe....wat if the shop tenants manage to get license for operating massage?
    on the flip side, one can be sure of having a constant stream of hourly rental clients by converting into a transient service apartment.

Understand most of the shops are just 100sq feet? Just nice to put a bed for massage parlor ?

Omg.. jus saw the pricelist...

commercial at $4800psf?? is it me or wat? too expensive?!

Anyone with experience on psf for freehold commercial.. (cant find much market comparables/references as its rare to have freehold commercial these days)

Omg.. jus saw the pricelist...

commercial at $4800psf?? is it me or wat? too expensive?!

Anyone with experience on psf for freehold commercial.. (cant find much market comparables/references as its rare to have freehold commercial these days)

Chop carrot mah... CHOP CHOP CHOP sound u never hear meh.?

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    haha u old fashion liao... now is mincer already... triple quick time

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    haha u old fashion liao... now is mincer already... triple quick time
    So troublesome, melt the carrot
    Affordable means small

heard millage selling much cheaper? isit true?

Got some agents said they collected cheques liao wo...

Yep, the original was at Jln Tua Kong, Siglap, where the boss of the Simpang Bedok shop worked. Old man of original stall stopped for a while and handed it over to him for a sum of money and he also took over the "Lau Lim" name.

There are now many copycat in Siglap also calling themselves "Lau Lim" or "Jln Tua Kong" mee pok selling the noodles in the same style.

Simpang Bedok very close to original bcoz the boss was from the original stall. Many find it better than original actually. The original is actually very salty, oily and spicy. But having had it for decades, I still have a soft spot for it. Its also cheaper too.

If you are a foodie, go and try it as a reference just for the hell of it. Blk 59 Marine Terrace. You'll see the customers are old faithfuls from Siglap/East Coast.
    Thanks,

Will check it out when I pass by that area.

A friend of mine bought the project beside the post office. Regret coz from 6-3pm the noise from the bikers for supper. N day time the cooking smell from the stores get into the house. So must keep window close. Regret. Will east village get the same draft?

You mean Palmwoods? The severity of the "problem" depends on the apartment's facing and floor. I think most units that are pretty ok.

Many find the supermarket Shop & Save which operates 24hrs very useful.

A friend of mine bought the project beside the post office. Regret coz from 6-3pm the noise from the bikers for supper. N day time the cooking smell from the stores get into the house. So must keep window close. Regret. Will east village get the same draft?

You mean Palmwoods? The severity of the "problem" depends on the apartment's facing and floor. I think most units that are pretty ok.

Many find the supermarket Shop & Save which operates 24hrs very useful.

yes if not affected the near by amenities are good. My friend bought because of that. but unfortunately his unit is impacted always must keep window close.

Dun think it will be affected by cooking cos its across the street.

Today is the vip launch. I am going down to kpo. Heard more then 100 cheques presented. Going to be another sell-out project

Going to look for my agent friend. anyone wans to join me? hehe..

Today is the vip launch. I am going down to kpo. Heard more then 100 cheques presented. Going to be another sell-out project

y this project?

location not competitive for mm rental

can we just walk in or do we need to present a cheque to walk in? Might wanna go there see see look look too ha

Quote Originally Posted by eminor82
    can we just walk in or do we need to present a cheque to walk in? Might wanna go there see see look look too ha
    no need cheque la...

Go KPO like me lo... I no money to buy also..

Pm me ur contact. I forward my agent friend contact to welcome u.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    y this project?

location not competitive for mm rental
    Agree, might as well go for the MM at Optima. It is closer to MRT and just walk to this place if you want to go to the shops.

Any idea hw much PSF for the shop?

not advisable to go for this project if its for investment. location abit far off.
    a good example is palmwoods across the road,the price is stagnant n not much demand for rental..

Quote Originally Posted by easteast
    Any idea hw much PSF for the shop?
    I think its 4950psf! lol

How is the sale at the preview?

I think its 4950psf! lol
    Wow at least 3 million

Quote Originally Posted by easteast
    Wow at least 3 million
    buy sim lim sq shop even better?

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    not advisable to go for this project if its for investment. location abit far off.
    a good example is palmwoods across the road,the price is stagnant n not much demand for rental..

This area will be the next Holland village area,Siglap village or Serangoon gardens My village area,take my words..Once the more upmarket and alfresco eateries comes in, the MAT effect here will transform totally...

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Foo
    This area will be the next Holland village area,Siglap village or Serangoon gardens My village area,take my words..Once the more upmarket and alfresco eateries comes in, the MAT effect here will transform totally...
    There were many mixed projects like this that didn't do well what makes you think a tiny mall like this can turn into hOlland v or s gardens??

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Foo
    wah how come sound exactly like tat agt promoting this project to me.....