Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: I think I know why the new launches at OCR are selling well...

Default Dear Naturo

Quote Originally Posted by KC76
    Actually best is to get a PC without selling d hdb if one can afford. HDB is a good cashcow. If not, buy EC still gotta wait 5 yrs MOP before u can get PC
    Dear Naruto,

Just want to share with you some of my consideration when I upgraded:

1. Reason for moving. Why do you have to move? Are you just moving across the road? Or are you moving to be near parents etc? Is your reason to move time sensitive or are you able to wait, in case market soften?

2. Are you comfortable at this price level, taking into account your finance situation, dependents, job security? Without any idea of your situation, it is hard to comment but I suppose a loan of $400k would be fairly comfortable for you since you are looking at PC.

3. Are you able to stretch the budget further and keep the HDB, given that you will not be able to buy another one until you give up your PC.

These are some of the things I considered when I upgraded. In fact, when I was looking, I even consider HDB because I moved for logistic reasons. It was not that die die must have PC... Also OK with HDB. Btw, after we moved into condo, life has not really changed much... After the initial few months, things are back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Buy HDB also got 5 years MOP no?

Hi all,
    I have a question. If buy a resale HDB, no grant, and fully paid too with no owings at all, are we subjected to the 5-year MOP?

Quote Originally Posted by whoh757
    Hi all,
    I have a question. If buy a resale HDB, no grant, and fully paid too with no owings at all, are we subjected to the 5-year MOP?
    Yes still under MOP

Naruto,
    Can you buy new EC? Tampines Trilliant selling $680k for 3bedders.

can be trusted or not?

Private property prices to fall up to 12% over next 3 months: Analysts

Private residential property prices are expected to fall as much as 12 per cent over the next three months. This is according to analysts who also expect demand for private homes to decline as well over the next few months.
    Analysts say the recent move by the Government to introduce additional buyer’s stamp duty (ABSD) as a further cooling measure may dampen demand from potential upgraders who make up the bulk of private property buyers here
    The decline in sales and prices are also expected to affect mass market private homes more this time round as the luxury segment has already been hit when the latest property cooling measures were introduced late last year.
    ECG Property managing director Shawn Tan told MediaCorp that “the additional stamp duties hinder upgraders which form up the majority number of the mass market purchasers. We should be seeing a bit of correction in prices, say 8 per cent to 12 per cent for the next two to three months”.
    Even last month’s spike in private home sales could not bolster analysts’ sentiment on the property sector. They reckon that the rise in sales will unlikely be sustainable because it was not broad-based and, instead, most of the sales came mainly from only a few projects.
    SLP International Property Consultants executive director Nicholas Mak said “the strong sales in January were due to the strong take-up in 4 new launches in that month”.
    The four new launches are the Watertown, The Hillier, Parc Rosewood and executive condominium The Rainforest.
    “The four projects sold 770 units, 387 units, 198 units and 172 units respectively. Combined, they made up 73.5 per cent of the 2,077 total units sold in January,” said Mr Mak. He added that, excluding these four new launches, “sales volume would be a mere 550 units, close to the 670 units sold in December 2011, which was the lowest for the year of 2011″.
    Meanwhile, analysts say attractive offers from developers contributed to the increased sales in new projects last month.
    “Developers are giving perks, rebates and renovation vouchers in return to cushion off the ABSD. Hence, the impact may not be felt greatly by the purchasers,” said Mr Tan.
    The sale of luxury condominiums continued its downtrend with units sold in the core central region posting a 51-per-cent decline on-month in January.
    Mr Ong Teck Hui, executive director of research and consultancy at Credo Real Estate, said: “The prime market has been slow with only 10 per cent share of primary market sales. Demand in the prime market is expected to weaken further due to the ABSD, as a quarter of demand in prime comes from foreigners.”
    On a brighter note, analysts expect sales of local properties for investment purposes will continue to remain healthy.
    This is due to Singapore’s relatively lower property prices as compared to Hong Kong or bigger cities in China.
    Some analysts pointed out that foreign investors may also move into the mass market segment as prices there look attractive.
    Source : Today – 27 Feb 2012

After several weeks of intensive meditation and many droplets of smelly sweats...yesternight my windows suddenly swung opened and an intensive light beamed right into my study room.

I slowly opened my three eyes and saw the following answer written on my floor:

"The reason why people are buying even at OCR is a reflection of Singapore's success in upgrading the supporting infrastructures in these area with new shopping malls, recreational facillities, highways, MRTs and the various modes of connecting transportation system. The duplication of the CBD with business and commerical hubs in the OCR also play a critical role in the perceived values of properties in such areas. In addition, the population of these area is growing and the demographics are alive with young professionals!

Hence, the willingness of buyers to pay a fair price for these projects.."

After completing the reading of the words on the floor, the words started to morph and a swirling beam of light started to stir around the words and it gets brighter and brighter and soon, a naked female form began to appear !

Then,I discovered my saliva was dripping onto my pajamas and suddenly, I found myself awoken from the meditation and the room was returned to normacy.

Good Luck.

神龙股侠。

(PS: The above answer is a compilation and filtration of the many brothers and sisters contribution to this thread. I merely composed them after reading/analysing their replies in this thread. This is not my original idea hor ! )

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    After several weeks of intensive meditation and many droplets of smelly sweats...yesternight my windows suddenly swung opened and an intensive light beamed right into my study room.

"The reason why people are buying even at OCR is a reflection of Singapore's success in upgrading the supporting infrastructures in these area with new shopping malls, recreational facillities, highways, MRTs and the various modes of connecting transportation system. The duplication of the CBD with business and commerical hubs in the OCR also play a critical role in the perceived values of properties in such areas. In addition, the population of these area is growing and the demographics are alive with young professionals!

After completing the reading of the words on the floor, the words started to morph and a swirling beam of light started to stir around the words and it gets brighter and brighter and soon, a naked female form began to appear !

Then,I discovered my saliva was dripping onto my pajamas and suddenly, I found myself awoken from the meditation and the room was returned to normacy.

Good Luck.

神龙股侠。

(PS: The above answer is a compilation and filtration of the many brothers and sisters contribution to this thread. I merely composed them after reading/analysing their replies in this thread. This is not my original idea hor ! )
    wahhh... reading this post is like watching drama on Channel 8...
    power !

Good Luck.

神龙股侠。

So drama ah... OCR is popular is not becoz pple bought in on the idea of new value? Still not proven by any down turn. When it test comes we will all know if it holds it weight in gold.

i think OCR is mainly supported by upgrader who has flip their HDB with decent profit which can drastically reduce their loan quantum. Also coupled with the new concept and belief

Then,I discovered my saliva was dripping onto my pajamas and suddenly, I found myself awoken from the meditation and the room was returned to normacy. .......
    wet dreams also can think of property? you damn power.
    what kind of "saliva" dripping ya

Good Luck.

神龙股侠。

U haven't changed from your younger days...

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    U haven't changed from your younger days...
    dun buff la... last time u also like that one hor. i was innocent and pure until one of you taught me how to be teekor ok.

dun buff la... last time u also like that one hor. i was innocent and pure until one of you taught me how to be teekor ok.
    most of ur stocks recovered and positive oredi i tink.....

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    most of ur stocks recovered and positive oredi i tink.....
    yes ! brother devilplate. about 7 out of 10 stocks held is very positive leh. So happy. Thanks for you and many brothers and sisters encouragement here when I was down last time hor.

yes ! brother devilplate. about 7 out of 10 stocks held is very positive leh. So happy. Thanks for you and many brothers and sisters encouragement here when I was down last time hor.
    remember to set stop loss this round hor......hehehe

remember to set stop loss this round hor......hehehe
    WOAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH...FUNNY !

Actually there is another reason why property in OCR selling well, but I dun dare to reveal hor.... WOAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

WOAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH...FUNNY !

Actually there is another reason why property in OCR selling well, but I dun dare to reveal hor.... WOAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    not mentioned b4 over here?

not mentioned b4 over here?
    nope....but i can see all the signs showing liao...

nope....but i can see all the signs showing liao...
    dont mind sharing what you see

stock stock stock !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JoyLye
    dont mind sharing what you see
    although I know SPH is on my side, but I better dun risk it. I cannot tell until the mass media begin to see it first and tell first hor.

although I know SPH is on my side, but I better dun risk it. I cannot tell until the mass media begin to see it first and tell first hor.
    Maybe the answer lies in this headline?
    Property mass-market starts post-ABSD recovery

Even if land cost drop 10-20%, ppty price also wun drop much as govt restrict labour n increase levies meaning labour to build up 30% n if commodities keep going up which I bet it will, the material cost will go up 20-30% too.
    Actually if u see the market on a Marco view, the ORC pricing between $1000-$1400psf is going to be norm with RCR $1300-$1600 n CCR launching at above $2000 for new launch.
    Just that the gap between OCR n CCR become smaller.

Time to do some work, brothers and sisters! here's a problem for you
    Wow, finally..can post..

Hi bro BJ21T,

Thank you for your advice.. It is quite stressful to consider from HDB to private property.. very green with private property..like financing plan, moving from house to house...or sell first, rent and wait for the
    correction to come.. If no correction, also dont really matter for own stay...as long as one is affordable to..right?

Quote Originally Posted by PN
    Wah pianh. I haven't found the spirit in your avatar & now still need to look at problem.

Anyway you advised already. Although location is important, sometimes there are other things to consider. Better location with MRT & ammunities, the $$$ is higher. If you need to stay near parents or relatives for some reasons, then it can't be wrong.

850k for 3 bedder is ok for EC. But be prepared to stay longer if you are doing this for your child pri school entry.

Don't throw all CPF into the down payment. Keep some for the monthly installment. With both CPF, I believe he can comfortably depends on CPF without any cash for the 5-10yrs given that he late 30s and both are working.

(Late 30s not consider young already bro BJ21. Don't anyhow say people got youth hor)
    Hi PN,

Yea, better location higher $$$..Intend to buy for own stay and for family to enjoy...As duration, should be till my children dont want us...then buy a small HDB for wify and myself..or go to gov's new ideal, void deck house..
    kekekeke..

Quote Originally Posted by stiook
    Dear Naruto,

Just want to share with you some of my consideration when I upgraded:

1. Reason for moving. Why do you have to move? Are you just moving across the road? Or are you moving to be near parents etc? Is your reason to move time sensitive or are you able to wait, in case market soften?

2. Are you comfortable at this price level, taking into account your finance situation, dependents, job security? Without any idea of your situation, it is hard to comment but I suppose a loan of $400k would be fairly comfortable for you since you are looking at PC.

3. Are you able to stretch the budget further and keep the HDB, given that you will not be able to buy another one until you give up your PC.

These are some of the things I considered when I upgraded. In fact, when I was looking, I even consider HDB because I moved for logistic reasons. It was not that die die must have PC... Also OK with HDB. Btw, after we moved into condo, life has not really changed much... After the initial few months, things are back to normal.
    Hi Stiook,

Thank you for sharing, very much appreicated.

1. Moving within the same estate, near to parents (across the road)..
    Yes, able to wait..Intend to sell, rent/stay will parents
    and see see look look market for 3 to 6 months..(Not waiting for
    bubble) but for a softer market..if it do happen..if not, just buy one
    as and when we find one unit we like..

2. Yes, comfortable with present market also. But wouldnt want to rush
    to buy one.

3. Yea, best to keep HDB (everyone say), but need funds from my
    HDB sale to minimize next house the loan amount..

Originally, intend to change to another bigger HDB unit..But was told,
    not advisable to..HDB to HDB (even bigger unit) waste money, stamp fee, lawyer fees and etc...Better to renovate present house..

Really lor, after a few months, back to normal..thank you for your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Naruto,
    Can you buy new EC? Tampines Trilliant selling $680k for 3bedders.
    Yes, present house stay for 11 years oreadi...Problem is, dont want to wait for 2-3 years and now, some new projects do selling below 800K for
    3 bedders. it size...small...Sometime, dont know how they squeez 3 rooms in a less then 1000sqft unit..some even have patio/balony..

My present HDB 5 rooms, 1300sqft.. yea, cant compare HDB to private lah.. can accept smaller unit, but not those 980sqft or smaller ones..

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto
    Yes, present house stay for 11 years oreadi...Problem is, dont want to wait for 2-3 years and now, some new projects do selling below 800K for
    3 bedders. it size...small...Sometime, dont know how they squeez 3 rooms in a less then 1000sqft unit..some even have patio/balony..

My present HDB 5 rooms, 1300sqft.. yea, cant compare HDB to private lah.. can accept smaller unit, but not those 980sqft or smaller ones..

stay always make sure comfortable. moving forward space in sgp will be premium. always good to keep a comfortable place to stay. coz thats priceless. dont be like HERO Mr B. will be sweating or have to downgrade living standard later.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    stay always make sure comfortable. moving forward space in sgp will be premium. always good to keep a comfortable place to stay. coz thats priceless. dont be like HERO Mr B. will be sweating or have to downgrade living standard later.
    mr B aka Moron's 500k can only buy a 3rm flat later on.....wakakaka

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Yes, Home is always priceless.

Sorry, newbie here for advices, what happen to....Mr B?

Thank you for your advice.