Thread: Roof top intruders

Default Roof top intruders

Yesterday a group of people were caught on the roof top of my block.
    I thought PUB has a ruling that by end of last year, all buildings should have locks to the roof top so as to minimize access to the water supply?

Dunno what can be done to these people?

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    I thought PUB has a ruling that by end of last year, all buildings should have locks to the roof top so as to minimize access to the water supply?

Call mc if private property, call town concil if hdb , call police if landed (tranpass liao)

As long as not dumping dead body out cyanide in water tank, don't have to bother lah. Actually if you want to do something, when they go up next time, just lock them upstairs after they get up to the roof and call the police immediately for cops to come down to arrest them.

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    Call mc if private property, call town concil if hdb , call police if landed (tranpass liao)
    Called the management already.
    Actually a few times got people go up there and the management always say lock spoil.
    They replace the lock then spoil again.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    As long as not dumping dead body out cyanide in water tank, don't have to bother lah. Actually if you want to do something, when they go up next time, just lock them upstairs after they get up to the roof and call the police immediately for cops to come down to arrest them.
    Haa... Lock them up for a whole day sure will scare the shit out of the pant ...
    But be careful if call police, it consider unlawful restraint without lawful authority ...

Called the management already.
    Actually a few times got people go up there and the management always say lock spoil.
    They replace the lock then spoil again.
    This type of mc , give up hope!!

Use public phone to call and remain anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    Haa... Lock them up for a whole day sure will scare the shit out of the pant ...
    But be careful if call police, it consider unlawful restraint without lawful authority ...

Better don't drink the water for a couple of days, don't know what extra things are there

Usually these trespassers have no malicious intent. I would be more concerned about their safety than they contaminating the water.

One of my condos had this problem with teenagers sneaking up to the roof top to smoke cigarettes. These are not bad kids but probably going through a rebellious phase. The MC has to do its job of ensuring rooftop access is restricted

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Usually these trespassers have no malicious intent. I would be more concerned about their safety than they contaminating the water.

One of my condos had this problem with teenagers sneaking up to the roof top to smoke cigarettes. These are not bad kids but probably going through a rebellious phase. The MC has to do its job of ensuring rooftop access is restricted
    Agree with you, that most of the time, it is just harmless teenagers wanting privacy and not knowing that they are trespassing into restricted space.
    The first incident was 2 boys who went up with a roll of toilet paper. Yesterday was a group of 3 girls and a guy with a mattress.
    Goodness knows what they were up to.
    Yesterday's group- the ring leader was so defiant and argued with the guard and did not apologize. Apparently she thiought that the roof was a public space and had no inkling that they were not supposed to be up there.

Agree with you, that most of the time, it is just harmless teenagers wanting privacy and not knowing that they are trespassing into restricted space.
    The first incident was 2 boys who went up with a roll of toilet paper. Yesterday was a group of 3 girls and a guy with a mattress.
    Goodness knows what they were up to.
    Yesterday's group- the ring leader was so defiant and argued with the guard and did not apologize. Apparently she thiought that the roof was a public space and had no inkling that they were not supposed to be up there.
    Hmmm... toilet paper, mattresses, girls, boys..... I think I have a fair idea what they were up to.

IMHO, if they are not residents I would get the police involved. If they are residents make sure their parents are aware of their activities. In the first place, they should not be there, MCs should ensure that the rooftop is not frivously used as rendesvous point for disenchanted youths or amorous domestic help.

buy landed problem settle........only you can climb on roof...

Cats and rats can climb on the roof.
    Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    buy landed problem settle........only you can climb on roof...