Page 65 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3540455055606162636465666768697075 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 2343

Thread: Sky Habitat - Bishan

actually i am concerned about the open terrace.
    1) If people put those light aluminium tables and chairs, or those big umbrella, and strong wind blow those away, can be considered as killer litter?
    2) maximum height of tree that can be grown. Over time, tree will grow taller, blocking the above unit's view, what can be done about it.

actually i can already visualise action movies being shot in SH. like Jackie Chan jumping from floor to floor.

1. A symbol of peace

2. The drawing room of Europe

3. A symbol of everlasting love

4. A symbol of freedom & friendship

5. A symbol of wealth destruction ... oops sorry ...

6. A symbol of humans living harmoniously in a tropical island

7. Sky Habitat - a symbol of property extravagance??
    Last edited by phantom_opera; 19-05-12 at 13:44.
    Ride at your own risk !!!

how many sold anyone know??

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    1. A symbol of peace

2. The drawing room of Europe

3. A symbol of everlasting love

4. A symbol of freedom & friendship

5. A symbol of wealth destruction ... oops sorry ...

6. A symbol of humans living harmoniously in a tropical island

7. Sky Habitat - a symbol of property extravagance??
    A symbol of greed n ignorance of developer at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    A symbol of greed n ignorance of developer at this point in time.
    symbol of developer greed shld be builders of MMs.

Thoughts anyone? We should learn how to integrate with one another. There should not be any discriminiation towards our senior citizens.

Source: http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest%...28-348824.html

No nursing home in our neighbourhood please: Bishan residents

SINGAPORE - In the latest case of Singaporeans raising a ruckus over eldercare facilities being built in the vicinity of their homes, a group of Bishan residents are petitioning for an upcoming nursing home to be built elsewhere.

According to The Straits Times (ST), the 260-bed nursing home, which is to be six to eight storeys high, is to be built on an empty grass patch facing three blocks of flats in Bishan Street 13.

A petition with about 40 names was submitted to a Ministry of Health (MOH) representative at a dialogue held Sunday to discuss the issue.

About 20 residents voiced their unhappiness at the dialogue, with some bemoaning the loss of the site as a football field, and others complaining that the new building would block the air flow in to their homes, leaving them with no choice but to use their air-cons.

The petition, penned by IT manager Cheong Weng Kit, 44, claimed that the increased utility bill would amount to $7.56 million.

Retiree Seet Ker Lay, 70, said his children play on the football field, and if the field goes, his children will 'play in the void deck and stain the walls.'

Another resident, 41-year-old Bernard Lau, complained that he would have old folks 'groaning right into my home,' and said that children who 'dump' their parents in nursing homes should be required to travel further to visit them

The dialogue was attended by MP for Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC Mr Wong Kan Seng.

He reasoned with the residents that Singapore's ageing population means that the building of more nursing homes is inevitable, and by 2030, every constituency will have one.

He acknowledged that it is 'normal' for residents to object to the building of the home, but added that residents will be able to enjoy the facilities at the home too. For example, there will be beds made available for those who want respite from looking after their elderly relatives.

About 11 per cent of Bishan East residents are above the age of 65, which makes it a middle-aged town.

MOH's group director of ageing planning Teoh Zsin Woon told residents the rationale for situating homes within communities is to encourage visits by relatives, and that the Bishan site was ideal as it is of the right size and it's situated near public transport options.

The ministry said that they will take into consideration the concerns of the residents and suggestions proposed for alternative sites.

[email protected]

No more kampong spirit liao loh ... Bishan is perceived as the crème de la crème of HDB estate ... Sky Habitat is the ultimate signature and chop

How about put this nursing home next to D Leedon hah

wah ... what he means hah??

He acknowledged that it is 'normal' for residents to object to the building of the home, but added that residents will be able to enjoy the facilities at the home too. For example, there will be beds made available for those who want respite from looking after their elderly relatives.

No more kampong spirit liao loh ... Bishan is perceived as the crème de la crème of HDB estate ... Sky Habitat is the ultimate signature and chop

Look after too hard, fall sick, sick bay, need beds no?

This one then power:
    Retiree Seet Ker Lay, 70, said his children play on the football field, and if the field goes, his children will 'play in the void deck and stain the walls.'

I wonder how old his children are... Still playing in void deck
    Unless his children is like 20+30+ playing hanky panky with date in the void deck and then too excited shoot and stained the walls....

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
    Look after too hard, fall sick, sick bay, need beds no?

This one then power:

I wonder how old his children are... Still playing in void deck
    Unless his children is like 20+30+ playing hanky panky with date in the void deck and then too excited shoot and stained the walls....
    Wah forums.condosingapore.xxx now

If you ask Khaw, he will answer: "If no space to play football please cross the causeway" ... I thought there is a mini football field below highway cross-over??

These residents whine about everything.... they expect an empty piece of land in front of them to stay empty forever? Is it because it's public housing that they can complain to their MPs? How about the many many private developments that get blocked by new developments.... don't see the private owners go crying to their MPs. (eg The Bayshore kanna block by Costa Del Sol, Icon kanna block by Altez & suites@anson etc, etc....)

What gives them their sense of entitlement....

perhaps it's time people start getting used to the idea that grass patches don't stay grass patches forever.

If I recall correctly, the article in the Straits Times today included an interview with a youth who plays soccer on that field -he did not mind having the field being replaced with the nursing home as it is being done for something good and worthwhile.

Hope that there are more youths like him with a selfless attitude!

Luckily they did not build this beside SH, else u will see lagi crazy reasons in the petition letter!

Quote Originally Posted by rymccondo77
    If I recall correctly, the article in the Straits Times today included an interview with a youth who plays soccer on that field -he did not mind having the field being replaced with the nursing home as it is being done for something good and worthwhile.

A correction - the person is a NS man - this is what he says:

"As a young person, it seems strange to me that elderly people should object to building a nursing home that is meant to meet their needs."

You are too quick to compliment him.

Most likely that youth/NS man is not a property owner or if he is one, he doesnt understand the impact on property prices.

Only when said youth/NS man is a property owner, understand that his property value will fall and accept the building of "undesirable" properties near his property, then can the said youth/NS man be said to be selfless.

A correction - the person is a NS man - this is what he says:

"As a young person, it seems strange to me that elderly people should object to building a nursing home that is meant to meet their needs."
    Yeah ... I pity his parents ...

Does it mean that resale property with someone died in it will be of no lower value?
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    You are too quick to compliment him.

Most likely that youth is not a property owner or if he is one, he doesnt understand the impact on property prices.

Only when said youth is a property owner, understand that his property value will fall and accept the building of "undesirable" properties near his property, then can the said youth be said to be selfless.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Does it mean that resale property with someone died in it will be of no lower value?

resale property with suicide inside will have lower resale value.

but let me try to understand your point.
    you are for building the old folks home nearby so that when old folks passed away, they passed away in housing home and not in HDB and hence resale value of HDB flats will not be affected adversely.

Is this the point you are trying to get across?

what he means if caretaker is tires, elderly relatives are put in nursing home.
    and not caretakers themselves rest in the beds.

Yeah ... I pity his parents ...
    I pity his parents too because
    1) they have such an idiotic son for accepting nursing home that will lower their property value
    2) because the son will put his parents in nursing homes (that will meet their needs).

Really contentious. These nursing home or workers dorm location issues.

Actually I don't quite understand why nursing home must be right in the middle of the action in matured estates. Workers dorm already in outskirts and outlying areas with little traffic. Nursing homes should be in peaceful and quiet locale with lots of greenery. If right smack in a busy high activity matured HDB estate, isn't there more noise/air pollution...

AMENITIES

Ok, the workers need ancilliary services like food, groceries, etc for convenience. But supplies for the home usually is delivered by pre-arranged supplier. So the workers can just settle their meals WITHIN the home and when they go home (their own residence) on the way can settle the groceries etc nearby. Therefore, I still think that nursing homes CAN and SHOULD be located in outlying areas with reasonable transport access but not necessary to have amentities nearby.

VISITORS

Perhaps it is to facilitate the family who stays nearby to visit? But seriously, in reality, how many of them regularly (at least 3-5 times a week) visit the old folks? If they are working, they can travel anywhere. If they are not, then they have all the time to travel to and fro. If they are not working, in the first place they should be taking care of the old folk themselves, not put in the nursing home!!!

CONCLUSION

There is no logic nor reason to locate nursing homes within matured estates.

I am not against old folks home to be built near my home. We will grow old someday and imagine we became unwanted when one is old. My grandparents live with us till the very last day and have not regretted that very last moment we spent with them. I am following the footstep of my parents. Hope the unwanted old folks will not have to move to malaysia too.
    resale property with suicide inside will have lower resale value.

but let me try to understand your point.
    you are for building the old folks home nearby so that when old folks passed away, they passed away in housing home and not in HDB and hence resale value of HDB flats will not be affected adversely.

Is this the point you are trying to get across?

Imagine old folks at one coner of singapore. They need regular treatment or at times need immediate assistance with hospitals so far away. Older folks need activities to allow them to engage and live longer.
    Really contentious. These nursing home or workers dorm location issues.

Actually I don't quite understand why nursing home must be right in the middle of the action in matured estates. Workers dorm already in outskirts and outlying areas with little traffic. Nursing homes should be in peaceful and quiet locale with lots of greenery. If right smack in a busy high activity matured HDB estate, isn't there more noise/air pollution...

AMENITIES

Ok, the workers need ancilliary services like food, groceries, etc for convenience. But supplies for the home usually is delivered by pre-arranged supplier. So the workers can just settle their meals WITHIN the home and when they go home (their own residence) on the way can settle the groceries etc nearby. Therefore, I still think that nursing homes CAN and SHOULD be located in outlying areas with reasonable transport access but not necessary to have amentities nearby.

VISITORS

Perhaps it is to facilitate the family who stays nearby to visit? But seriously, in reality, how many of them regularly (at least 3-5 times a week) visit the old folks? If they are working, they can travel anywhere. If they are not, then they have all the time to travel to and fro. If they are not working, in the first place they should be taking care of the old folk themselves, not put in the nursing home!!!

CONCLUSION

There is no logic nor reason to locate nursing homes within matured estates.

树欲静而风不息,子欲养而亲不在

呜呼哀哉

Imagine old folks at one coner of singapore. They need regular treatment or at times need immediate assistance with hospitals so far away. Older folks need activities to allow them to engage and live longer.
    so can we extend retirement age to 70?

Take for example,Jurong Island, the chemical industries support one another.
    All other industrial estates too.

Likewise, isn't it better for old folks home to be concentrate them at 1 location? so that supporting facilities like hospital specializing in geriatics can be built nearby to support the elderly and not spread all over the island.

Elderly does not want hospital but the love from their children, friends, etc.

Likewise, isn't it better for old folks home to be concentrate them at 1 location? so that supporting facilities can be built nearby to support the elderly and not spread all over the island.

Elderly does not want hospital but the love from their children, friends, etc.
    yes, everybody, including the elderly, indulge in fantasies. Wait till reality hit them hard.

Likewise, isn't it better for old folks home to be concentrate them at 1 location? so that supporting facilities like hospital specializing in geriatics can be built nearby to support the elderly and not spread all over the island.
    ppl and business/machine are two diff subjects. old folk need supports from their children and love ones so they should be close to them. they dont want to be group together which will be far from their love ones. we will be old one day and i suppose we do not want to be to far away from real lives and from normal lives...imagine they going to setup old folk home in Tekong and next time our children put us there.... this is nonsense and if this really happen, i can't imagine....

Those old folks maybe the current matured estate residences. They live their life here and may want to stay nearby as they are too used to the location? Now mature estate also many greenery right? Bishan Park??? Gov spent millions dollar for this leh... .. To me out-skirts doesn't meant more greenery leh.. Jurong got refinery; Woodlands got industrial park, Changi got plane noise, lim chu kang too close to...

AMENITIES

mature estates have the clinic/ poly clinic or the hospital. It will be good if any emergency to send them for out patient treatment.

VISITORS

Need not to say. those son/daughter who put their parent in old folk home (and now maybe occupied their parents' house) will not has excuses that the old folk home is too far from their house.. anyway, just one door step away.

Do not get what you mean
    yes, everybody, including the elderly, indulge in fantasies. Wait till reality hit them hard.