Page 40 of 79 FirstFirst ... 101520253035363738394041424344455055606570 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 2343

Thread: Sky Habitat - Bishan

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Must have multiple source of income besides the pay from job. Money not enough even making more than 5 digits monthly income.
    Agreed on having multiple source of income... passive income luggi best...

Fortunate to find a spouse who share the same dream of preserving and creating wealth for the family. This is my most important decision that I made so far in my life.
    Well done..

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    What's your trade then?
    Hehe, lets just say I can be "replaced" in my current job, but not "retrenched", unlike banking which is quite risky now...... Think carefully wor.....

Started having it and once accumulates enough can go for early retirement and do things that I really like to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Agreed on having multiple source of income... passive income luggi best...

Look for opportunity to make your $ work harder for you. Money will devalue with time. $1mil in 10 years later cannot buy so much things. Look at all the printing of money in US and Euros.
    opportunties will be around, if one can spot it.. changing a good paid job can be one, invest in stocks aso as one etc etc...

why buy 1 now, when i can buy 3 in time to come??

it can be 1 hdb, 2 pte condos..
    as long its cheap, be it a hdb, carpark lot or condo...

Quote Originally Posted by yaozong7
    Hehe, lets just say I can be "replaced" in my current job, but not "retrenched", unlike banking which is quite risky now...... Think carefully wor.....
    Pardon me of my ignorance; I do not know what's your trade.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Oh yes... my colleague now have to work real hard to not only support his family plus parents but wife demands this and that, etc... must spend money to let her learn car then buy car for her. All the money she earn she keeps and don't spend on household bills, etc.
    Must be a physically very attractive woman.....

Started having it and once accumulates enough can go for early retirement and do things that I really like to do.
    How much is enough to retire right now?
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosegarden
    Must be a physically very attractive woman.....
    her "kungfu" must be superb

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    At least 1.5 mil cash with 2 prop fully paid off.
    One for rent and one for self stay.
    Can work part time security guard.Semi retire.

You are right but not sure that day will come. Just to qualify, I have stopped buying local properties since 3 years ago. Last purchase was just after lethman. I have the similar thinking when I first go into property investment. The question was: "How can property prices increase with the falling birthrate and ageing population? The demand for housing should not be so hot." Things change with the sudden surge of people in the last couple years. Looking forward, the population will increase in s'pore not through birth rate but with influx of people. Garment have spend Billion of $ in infrastruture for a population of 6.5-6.8 mil people. Don't ask me how I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    opportunties will be around, if one can spot it.. changing a good paid job can be one, invest in stocks aso as one etc etc...

why buy 1 now, when i can buy 3 in time to come??

it can be 1 hdb, 2 pte condos..
    as long its cheap, be it a hdb, carpark lot or condo...

Are you asking the needs or wants? It varies quite a bit on what is your lifestyle and wants.
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera

You are right but not sure that day will come. Just to qualify, I have stopped buying local properties since 3 years ago. Last purchase was just after lethman. I have the similar thinking when I first go into property investment. The question was: "How can property prices increase with the falling birthrate and ageing population? The demand for housing should not be so hot." Things change with the sudden surge of people in the last couple years. Looking forward, the population will increase in s'pore not through birth rate but with influx of people. Garment have spend Billion of $ in infrastruture for a population of 6.5-6.8 mil people. Don't ask me how I know.
    i was thinking, how can a boat hold up so many investors/buyers/hiong kais/uncle aunties not doing their proper sums. without capsizing one day..

maybe the recent replay of titanic, big boat won't sink huh..

the thought of it sent chill into my spine..

to increase the influx of pple, miw through ge election alrdy got their best answer...

How is the crowd now in SH? Maybe will be on the news as mediacorp is just round the corner.

Hey, anyone gone down to SH showflat yet? How's the response thus far? Selling like hotcakes or swatting flies???

How is the crowd now in SH? Maybe will be on the news as mediacorp is just round the corner.
    hearsay from agent's fb. crowd is like at bedok residences launch..

i was thinking, how can a boat hold up so many investors/buyers/hiong kais/uncle aunties not doing their proper sums. without capsizing one day..

to increase the influx of pple, miw through ge election alrdy got their best answer...
    Haha u forgot one thing - the huge influx of aunties/uncles who cashed out on their pension/CPF; but having a deep distrust of banks and fund managers after lehman fiasco...

hearsay from agent's fb. crowd is like at bedok residences launch..
    Wow thanks... They are there just to look, or also to buy?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    Haha u forgot one thing - the huge influx of aunties/uncles who cashed out on their pension/CPF; but having a deep distrust of banks and fund managers after lehman fiasco...
    one can be rich in cpf, but

one can fall if mis-calculate the sum

I am not so worried about uncles and aunties. I am more worried about the huge tsunami from the credit bubble looming in the world. Do not underestimate uncles and aunties. S'porean will have no choice but to invite them some day. Anyway, this proposed plan is for 10 years later.

About insurance ... other than the usual CPF DPS & NTUC income shield which can be paid by CPF, assuming 2 adults and one kid, one working only:

NTUC LUV family plan covers life, TPD, critical illness up to $200k, $100 per month

AIA Family accident which covers the non-TPD cases $54 per month

Additional 200k life/TPD/critical illness TERM for non-working spouse: S$100 per month (so non-working spouse has $400k protection for life/TPD/critical illness)

Additional 600k life/TPD, 380k critical illness TERM for sole income earner = $150 per month

< $500 per month even if factor in mortgage insurance

if you combine everything ... the sole income earner has about 1 million life/TPD protection, 580k critical illness ... more than enough liao
    Last edited by phantom_opera; 14-04-12 at 16:51.
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    Wow thanks... They are there just to look, or also to buy?!!!
    my agent sold, don't know how many units.

i won't be surprised,if sold plenty.

decades ago. pple buy bishan becos of the famous schools around..
    before toa payoh was famous for its centrally location, bishan was the 1st then..

* i do heard from a mortgage banker, she told me in 1996 a hongkie bgt a bishan hdb close to 1mio.. don't know real or not.

my agent sold, don't know how many units.

i won't be surprised,if sold plenty.

decades ago. pple buy bishan becos of the famous schools around..
    before toa payoh was famous for its centrally location, bishan was the 1st then..
    Bishan is RCR, or OCR???

I am not so worried about uncles and aunties. I am more worried about the huge tsunami from the credit bubble looming in the world. Do not underestimate uncles and aunties. S'porean will have no choice but to invite them some day. Anyway, this proposed plan is for 10 years later.
    as expected the plan is being shelved off.
    probably after the 2016 ge election, and monitor again..

18000 sqft of showroom with large models should be able to convince quite a lot of those buyers sitting on the fence.

It is not shelved completely. They are still coming in but at drips and drops. The current scheme to attract PRs with more than $10mil is not being replaced by another scheme with different criteria.
    as expected the plan is being shelved off.
    probably after the 2016 ge election, and monitor again..

Just got back, the showrooms are packed like fish market. The sizes are all pretty good.the price lagi more stunning.

But i'm impressed by the layout.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Just got back, the showrooms are packed like fish market. The sizes are all pretty good.the price lagi more stunning.

i think most here wanna know the % sold out units

heard 2bdr going for 1.6mil and 3bdr fr 1.9mil b4 discount! In Bishan, that's quite a figure!

What about the finishes and appliances? How long you got to wait before getting into the showflat? Any photos?
    Quote Originally Posted by kane