Page 34 of 79 FirstFirst ... 4914192429303132333435363738394449545964 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 2343

Thread: Sky Habitat - Bishan

Quote Originally Posted by lufu
    Bishan is RCR.

The boundary just need to change a little and Bishan can be classified as CCR already.

CCR at this price? Very cheap.
    The irony is that Bishan may not want to be associated with CCR...looking at the way it is performing in recent months

It's a gd buy..guys do not miss it or you'll regret..

Maybe true. The buying sentiment is back. $1700 psf is cheap 20 years from now.

FH industrial land in city fringe was only $10psf 50 years ago. City fringe FH landed property was only $12psf 40 years ago. Look at the rental yield from these properties.
    Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Maybe true. The buying sentiment is back. $1700 psf is cheap 20 years from now.

1614 ft which makes it $557 psf for a 1987 HDB?

Would pay another $1000 psf more for Sky Habitat

very good timing for this guy now with $900k in pocket (likely hdb fully paid already)....just get a smaller unit lor at SH, need not top up much ...

Quote Originally Posted by flagship74
    It's a gd buy..guys do not miss it or you'll regret..
    how is $1700psf a good buy when its next to a place of worship, an ITE and surrounded by plots of HDB lands which government is going to build HDB, when at the same price you could get something in REAL proven and tested CCR.

Quote Originally Posted by Poloclub
    how is $1700psf a good buy when its next to a place of worship, an ITE and surrounded by plots of HDB lands which government is going to build HDB, when at the same price you could get something in REAL proven and tested CCR.
    bro, cannot be $1700 one lah.... sure launch max 1400-1500+++ for reasonable sized unit.....

Great buy! Nowhere in any CCR can one find a Sands designer Architectural PC. It's going to be splash all over the world in various magazines and you actually own it.

Can your normal CCR PC appear in magazines on world stage?
    The last one in Canada Habitat 67 done over 40 years ago can be found in wiki. Can your normal CCR PC be wiki-ed?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habitat_67

Looking at the age of this architect, after he pass on Sky Habitat will be even more priceless. (read Mona Lisa painting) and there are only 2 sky habitats in the entire world

You may not own Habitat 67 in Canada but you can live the dream now in Bishan

It's priceless...Cheques will need to be balloted on Saturday!

(capitaland should hire me )
    Last edited by lufu; 12-04-12 at 23:25.

Sometimes rich ppl buy for glamour ... not for investment

LV, Lambo, St Regis

If Reflection last time can average 1900psf, while Sky Habitat can't command 1,700psf ??

Bishan 8 cannot compare lah
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera

Moshe Safdie will feel insulted. That Ugly looking poor quality FEO Bishan 8 compared against his wonderful monument (Sands in Bishan)

Habitat 67 is a world-wide acclaim architectural wonder. Sky Habitat is going to be phenomenal beyond description
    Last edited by lufu; 12-04-12 at 23:35.

Great buy! Nowhere in any CCR can one find a Sands designer Architectural PC. It's going to be splash all over the world in various magazines and you actually own it.

Can your normal CCR PC appear in magazines on world stage?
    The last one in Canada Habitat 67 done over 40 years ago can be found in wiki. Can your normal CCR PC be wiki-ed?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habitat_67

Looking at the age of this architect, after he pass on Sky Habitat will be even more priceless. (read Mona Lisa painting) and there are only 2 sky habitats in the entire world

There is really nothing very original about this design and definitely not going to be a architectural marvel. To me this is cheap design from a famous designer that recycle ideas from MBS and Habitat 67.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Sometimes rich ppl buy for glamour ... not for investment

LV, Lambo, St Regis

If Reflection last time can average 1900psf, while Sky Habitat can't command 1,700psf ??

how can a condo in that location be considered as glamour?

I mentioned before. SH is a copy of Golden Dream Bay in China. http://www.msafdie.com/file/3892.jpg
    http://www.msafdie.com/file/3726.jpg

There is really nothing very original about this design and definitely not going to be a architectural marvel. To me this is cheap design from a famous designer that recycle ideas from MBS and Habitat 67.

We'll eagerly await the result of their launch... Won't be surprise if it's a huge success and many people actually bought my sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    I mentioned before. SH is a copy of Golden Dream Bay in China. http://www.msafdie.com/file/3892.jpg
    They look alike alright.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Fragrance architect copy and paste. Msafie also copy and paste. I really dont see the difference between them

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    "Well known fact"?
    Noise travels in all direction, not only upwards!

This is the only Well known and proven fact: The further you are from the noise, the softer it will be due to energy attenuation (assuming no obstruction). That is to say, if you live on 30th level, obviously the noise will be softer than living on the 5th level.
    Thanks, Teddybear. I'm so glad you clear the air... again. Phew!
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

"Well known fact"?
    Noise travels in all direction, not only upwards!

This is the only Well known and proven fact: The further you are from the noise, the softer it will be due to energy attenuation (assuming no obstruction). That is to say, if you live on 30th level, obviously the noise will be softer than living on the 5th level.
    That is not always true. If you are talking about traffic noise from heavy vehicle like trucks and buses, or noise from bike with loud exhaust the noise can be louder on the higher floor than ground floor because reflective noise travel at angle above the road, not flat.

Here is a road noise calculator if you have doubt

http://rigolett.home.xs4all.nl/ENGELS/vlgcalc.htm

brother.... its call signature move lah........ or his style.....

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Nice try, but you are talking about reflective noise, some angle, some constraints, some interference, some cancellation, they are just some special cases, like e.g. low floor less noisy than slightly higher floor, like 2nd floor less noisy than 5th floor, and that is because of obstructions, not because noise level can increase with distance.

I am talking about in general, noise level cannot increase with distance. This is the only truth based on proven scientific theory and accepted by all scientists, of which I quote below:

"The best way to understand noise levels is to think of decibels as the log of the noise energy.
    The second most important thing to understand is that the noise energy dissipates in the air by 6 decibels as the distance doubles.
    The 6 dB drop with doubling of distance is the drop in noise due to the energy being dissipated in the air. Noise will also be dissipated by objects, walls, hills, buildings, etc. There is also an impact from temperature and wind but the attenuation due to distance is the primary estimator of the drop in noise level in an outdoor setting.
    "

That is not always true. If you are talking about traffic noise from heavy vehicle like trucks and buses, or noise from bike with loud exhaust the noise can be louder on the higher floor than ground floor because reflective noise travel at angle above the road, not flat.

Here is a road noise calculator if you have doubt

http://rigolett.home.xs4all.nl/ENGELS/vlgcalc.htm

intensity at a distance from point source

Sound intensity is inversely proportional to distance. No need to argue further

Allow me to share with my real experience with noise. I once lived in an apartment block next to a noisy flyover. The noise at ground level is much less because the noisy vehicles are above the ground level. At the same level. that is on the 2nd and 3 rd floor, the noise level increases greatly since these floors are at level with the flyover. Between 3 to 8 floors, the noise is very much at its peak because noise travel upward. However, above 10 floor, the noise level somewhat reduces and will continue to reduce as it goes higher. The block of apartment was only 12 floor high so I could not establish the noise level above 12 floor.

I had also experience living in a 25-storey block apartment next to a minor road.. At 23 rd storey where I lived, I could not hear road noise at the lift lobby. However, when I was at below 10 floor, I could hear road noise at the lift landing.

Noise travel upwards and that is undisputed. However, noise energy reduces through distance; be it vertical distance or horizontal distance. Horizontal distance maybe shorter because the noise energy usually "hits" some objects or medium. However, vertical distance seems to have less resistance and thus noise takes a longer vertical distance to dissipate.

So when buying apartment, I will always go for very high floor if the development is near a road. If it is a low rise development and near a road, I will go for ground floor if the road is higher than the ground floor unit.

My explanation may not be scientific but it reflects the actual experience.
    Last edited by Leeds; 13-04-12 at 10:34.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    intensity at a distance from point source

Sound intensity is inversely proportional to distance. No need to argue further
    I swore your nick was from NUS engineering fac when I first saw it. Now double confirmed...

I am trained sound engineer. In layman speak, noise appears to travel upwards only because there are generally more obstructions, be it trees, vehicles, buildings, road surface etc at the ground or lower levels.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Thanks for confirmation from an expert "trained sound engineer"!

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    I am trained sound engineer. In layman speak, noise appears to travel upwards only because there are generally more obstructions, be it trees, vehicles, buildings, road surface etc at the ground or lower levels.

my layman experience is if low floor u want to be at tree top level so that they act as barrier and filter off ground noises. As such u wont hear faraway noises. but u really need to have nature to act as this barrier. If low floor plus unblocked total concrete i say is not ideal.

as we go higher the ground noises below naturally get softer. But u begin to pick up faraway noises e.g. the bus's screeching E-brakes 2 blocks away that may not be noticeable at 4th floor is now audible at 28 floor although it is not loud.

at 40th floor above all noises below whether near or far becomes a gentle hum even in the busy city. you feel u are closer to heaven or clouds haha.. but some people get a sense of "detachment" or "isolation". Bcos of this general diminished aural environment, u may perceive aural sensations previously not noticeable when u are at lower floor e.g. the hum of the distant airliner many miles away.

still unless one is afraid of heights or whatever, generally the higher the better of cos.

In my school days..my teacher always tell us, empty vessel made the most noise..

Thanks for confirmation from an expert "trained sound engineer"!
    Welcomme....

Last night's DJ and Today's STI will help skyhabitat to sell more units tomorrow.

It helps on very high floor but a bit glaring up there.
    Quote Originally Posted by august
    my layman experience is if low floor u want to be at tree top level so that they act as barrier and filter off ground noises. As such u wont hear faraway noises. but u really need to have nature to act as this barrier. If low floor plus unblocked total concrete i say is not ideal.

as we go higher the ground noises below naturally get softer. But u begin to pick up faraway noises e.g. the bus's screeching E-brakes 2 blocks away that may not be noticeable at 4th floor is now audible at 28 floor although it is not loud.

at 40th floor above all noises below whether near or far becomes a gentle hum even in the busy city. you feel u are closer to heaven or clouds haha.. but some people get a sense of "detachment" or "isolation". Bcos of this general diminished aural environment, u may perceive aural sensations previously not noticeable when u are at lower floor e.g. the hum of the distant airliner many miles away.

still unless one is afraid of heights or whatever, generally the higher the better of cos.