Page 19 of 79 FirstFirst ... 4914151617181920212223242934394449 ... LastLast

Thread: Sky Habitat - Bishan

if 1700psf, 2m for 3 bedder and 3m for 4 bedder, sure or not?

It is not very efficiently designed. 635 sqft can only fit 1+1 here. Same area can be used to fit a 3 bedder elsewhere. If $1700 psf is true, then it will be $1 mil.

As an investment, I don't think it's workable at those prices. Who would pay upwards of 5K a monh to rent a 3-bedder in Bishan? That's assuming a gross yield of 3% on a 2mill 3-bedder.

Quote Originally Posted by price
    TPY didnt do very well too leh
    Do not worry lah... from past experiences, the boundaries can be drawn anyway they want to. No problem... can even connect Potong Pasir to Chinatown if the need is there... Lol!

bet developer will maintain price at 1.7-1.8k psf. nowadays 2 to over 4 mil for a unit is getting common.

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    bet developer will maintain price at 1.7-1.8k psf. nowadays 2 to over 4 mil for a unit is getting common.
    Capland under-priced Bedok Residences but may over-price this one.

Default Will Bishan's Sky Habitat shatter price ceiling?

Good publicity in today's papers..., better than full page colors ad...

http://property.st701.com/resources/...eiling/a/57958

Will Bishan's Sky Habitat shatter price ceiling?

The Straits Times - March 29, 2012
    By: Esther Teo

An artist impression of Sky Habitat at Bishan Street 14. -- PHOTO: CAPITALAND
    A NEW Bishan project expected to be launched in the middle of next month could turn out to be the priciest suburban condominium ever to hit the market.

The Straits Times understands that the indicative average prices for CapitaLand's Sky Habitat at Bishan Street 14 are between $1,700 and $1,800 per sq ft (psf).

But these were only the preliminary prices that marketing agents received yesterday. They could well go higher - or lower - depending on buyer interest as the target launch date of mid-next month nears.

Even at these early indicative levels, the condo will set benchmark prices for the Bishan Central area and suburban projects across the island.

The $1,700 to $1,800 psf range is also well up from initial market expectations of a launch price of about $1,500 psf. CapitaLand earlier estimated the project's breakeven cost to be about $1,300 psf.

Mr Tan Kok Keong, OrangeTee's research and consultancy head, said the CapitaLand project's proximity to Bishan MRT interchange, the Junction 8 mall and popular schools such as Raffles Institution might have supported the higher-than-expected pricing.

Another potential selling point is that renowned Israeli architect Moshe Safdie, who drew up the Marina Bay Sands integrated resort, will be designing the project.

But an industry player, who declined to be named, said it would be 'a tough sell' for the 99-year leasehold Sky Habitat to be sold at $1,700 to $1,800 psf.

He pointed out that CapitaLand's d'Leedon on the former Farrer Court estate is selling for about $1,680 psf. The city fringe project is also helmed by a star architect - Ms Zaha Hadid - he said.

Sky Habitat will have 509 units across two 38-storey towers linked by bridging sky gardens. Units will range from 680 to 3,000 sq ft.

Experts said that if CapitaLand keeps to its pricing, Sky Habitat will be on a par with prime condos.

They did also note that developers often adjust indicative prices in line with market sentiment closer to the launch date.

Another 99-year leasehold project, Cheung Kong's Thomson Grand in Upper Thomson, set tongues wagging when some of its apartments were sold for about $1,600 psf when it previewed last July.

And in fact, units in completed condos in the prime areas of districts 9, 10 and 11 can be bought for less than that in the resale market.

Units have been sold at Spring Grove in Grange Road since the start of last year from between $1,400 and $1,600 psf. Some condo apartments in the River Valley area, including Aspen Heights and 2 RVG, were recently sold for about $1,600 psf or less.

SKY-HIGH PRICES

Sky Habitat

Where: Bishan

Indicative price: $1,700 psf

Thomson Grand

Where: Upper Thomson

Top price: Around $1,600 psf

Spring Grove

Where: Grange Road

Average price: $1,500 psf

Aspen Heights

Where: River Valley

Average price: $1,600 psf

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    As an investment, I don't think it's workable at those prices. Who would pay upwards of 5K a monh to rent a 3-bedder in Bishan? That's assuming a gross yield of 3% on a 2mill 3-bedder.
    That's why the 1 bedder and 1+1 are not really hot, according to agents collecting checks.

This is a boost to TG and all other condos around that area. But I seriously don't think the potential rental returns can justify the price.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    It is not very efficiently designed. 635 sqft can only fit 1+1 here. Same area can be used to fit a 3 bedder elsewhere. If $1700 psf is true, then it will be $1 mil.

Bro hyenergix, seriously 635sqft for 3 bedder is not call efficient. I don't even think it's a upgrade of lifestyle. Any smaller no different than living in a cell. Pple are going crazy just wanting to let pple know they live in a condo and owning a condo address.

Very soon developers might as well build cages in condo n sell. So affordable n efficient. Some more can hang cloths on the steel wire.

Quote Originally Posted by insigina
    That's why the 1 bedder and 1+1 are not really hot, according to agents collecting checks.
    The design of the smaller units also sucks. You have to walk through the kitchen/dining area to get to the rest of the living and bedroom(s). There are better layouts for the floor area in other developments and doesn't need a super duper highly-paid architect to do it. It's only the outside that's somewhat iconic I have to admit but inside the layout is below average standard. That's my opinion. The staggered arrangement of the balconies also means you are at the mercy of your neighbour on top for not dropping rubbish into your balcony. If there's a smoker upstairs....too bad, you will have to sweep up cigarette butts. Or worse if there's PRCs upstairs with the spitting habit....you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    Bro hyenergix, seriously 635sqft for 3 bedder is not call efficient. I don't even think it's a upgrade of lifestyle. Any smaller no different than living in a cell. Pple are going crazy just wanting to let pple know they live in a condo and owning a condo address.

Very soon developers might as well build cages in condo n sell. So affordable n efficient. Some more can hang cloths on the steel wire.
    It is more practical to buy a 3 bedder at $1mil as young families who want a condo may not need all the spaces. Why would I spend $1mil for a 99LH condo in Bishan that can only fit 1 couple? I might as well add a little bit more for a 1 bedder FH in the city center. A couple who dares to splurge $1mil on a 1 bedder would want a more hip address. Very poor marketing team in Capland.

now hype up SH at 1700-1800psf, then preview absorb stamp duty...bla bla bla become 1500-1700psf then everybody feel cheap cheap chiong uhh..

good tactic?

btw, Watertown now selling 1400psf, SH if 1500-1600psf can justify?

Bedok Residences is integrated mall and MRT, one level up than this. Hopefully it is really not so expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    This is a boost to TG and all other condos around that area. But I seriously don't think the potential rental returns can justify the price.
    this one is not about renting out...it's about owning one
    now the 4-5mil landed house at TG looks like a steal

May i know what is TG?

Quote Originally Posted by bigapplefan
    May i know what is TG?
    Thomson Grand lah...landed all sold out liao if you're looking for one

Thomson Grand lah...landed all sold out liao if you're looking for one
    Oh okay.. thanks

landed homes within TG? there are 20 caveats for 5000+ sq ft units transacted at between $3,323,400 to $3,686,300. Only 2 caveats are lodged for 6000+ sq ft units at $4,106,500 and $4,393,000.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    landed homes within TG? there are 20 caveats for 5000+ sq ft units transacted at between $3,323,400 to $3,686,300. Only 2 caveats are lodged for 6000+ sq ft units at $4,106,500 and $4,393,000.
    that's the price of a freehold landed of good size...

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    It is more practical to buy a 3 bedder at $1mil as young families who want a condo may not need all the spaces. Why would I spend $1mil for a 99LH condo in Bishan that can only fit 1 couple? I might as well add a little bit more for a 1 bedder FH in the city center. A couple who dares to splurge $1mil on a 1 bedder would want a more hip address. Very poor marketing team in Capland.
    bro hyergix my point is, how can 700sqft be efficient for a 3 bedder? got space for a small study table in room after putting in a normal bed? got store room in house to keep stuff? got a common sense yard to dry cloths/washing machine/ dryer. can put a normal sofa in the living room where a family can all sit together? Or even a slighter bigger dinning table for 6 person to sit? The worst one, can one bend over to wash face at the basin with knocking the forehead on the toilet cabinet? just try that one the so call efficient layout on the next showflat u visit. The toilet door might even open next to the "crown"

not discussing abt FH vs LH or even price.

a small family may not need alot of space, but 3 bedder room on 700sqft doesnt deserve being call efficient... its really push boundries of livable space.

not starting a war, but i just find it strange pple willing to upgrade to 700sqft 3 bedroom condo when obviously any HDB flat can do better in providing a comfortable living space.

If I want some place for own stay, I will not buy this. I will buy a FH of bigger size. Even if it's in an old building. Space will be a luxury in the future.......looking at 10/20 years down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    that's the price of a freehold landed of good size...
    But foreigners can buy the house at TG not a freehold landed. Those foreigners who did buy at or near the launch should be patting themselves on the back. Did not have to pay ABSD.

Quote Originally Posted by bigapplefan
    May i know what is TG?
    this one.
    www.thomsongrand.com.sg/

because it's the most recent launch close to Sky Habitat few Kms away.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter

has to be foreigners. Which Singaporean would pay this sort of price

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    bro hyergix my point is, how can 700sqft be efficient for a 3 bedder? got space for a small study table in room after putting in a normal bed? got store room in house to keep stuff? got a common sense yard to dry cloths/washing machine/ dryer. can put a normal sofa in the living room where a family can all sit together? Or even a slighter bigger dinning table for 6 person to sit? The worst one, can one bend over to wash face at the basin with knocking the forehead on the toilet cabinet? just try that one the so call efficient layout on the next showflat u visit. The toilet door might even open next to the "crown"

not discussing abt FH vs LH or even price.

a small family may not need alot of space, but 3 bedder room on 700sqft doesnt deserve being call efficient... its really push boundries of livable space.

not starting a war, but i just find it strange pple willing to upgrade to 700sqft 3 bedroom condo when obviously any HDB flat can do better in providing a comfortable living space.
    It's fine. We are testing the limits of a hypothetical 3 bedroom size at that location.

I will pay $1 mil for that location for a 3 bedder, even if the rooms are small but I will not do that for a 1+1 bedder. Reason being the same area can provide more privacy for 4 individuals in the 3 bedder, whereas a 1+1 can only fit 2 individuals.

HDB to a condo near MRT and mall is an upgrade in life-style to me, simply because it is a status upgrade and I can get to use the facilities and enjoy the additional security.

all the owners of RCR condos, Huat ah huat ah ...

Take the $2.5mil to buy a semi-D or corner terrace FH also shiok shiok...

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    all the owners of RCR condos, Huat ah huat ah ...
    This RCR project will drag even the neighboring OCR prices upwards too! All Huat ah! CCR?

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    This RCR project will drag even the neighboring OCR prices upwards too! All Huat ah! CCR?
    still many bishan condos owner are asking 1000psf and sold below 1000psf....wahahaha...