Page 6 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111621263136 ... LastLast

Thread: Sky Habitat - Bishan

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    i am not trying to talk up this project but with centro hitting past 1500 and amk having that hub as their mall, i would think this shld start at 1600+ realistically....
    If is 1600+, I rather buy Soliel lor.. if to compare, Novena D.11 is much better than Bishan D.20

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

I think you miss the point. The all purpose of living in CCR is to be surrounded with neighbours who are influential and who can help each other in business & careers, and avoid dubious people, Ha ha ha! That is the real purpose! Surround yourselves with useful and powerful people! That is how ones become successful through connections and connections............
    Isn't that the same as trying to get our kids into the best connected schools to be surrounded with future successful and rich and powerful businessmen and business-women and politicians?
    I think you still don't understand even by now. Never mind, many others understood are exploiting that, provided their kids can get into these connected schools first.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    But the suburbs got got provision shops, kopi tiam and hawker centers. And a local vibe that you can't feel along Orchard Road. Orchard Road sometimes feels like PRC world.

No right or wrong. Some people prefer go shopping in these foreign branded stuff. Some people like to spend more time in their own local creations. Frankly, nowadays when one goes overseas for shopping, one doesn't go to the ubiquitous malls with the LV and Pradas, unless you are a PRC. Rather you would rather go to more suburban areas to see the real culture and local independent shops.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Agent there will tell you this project is CCR...
    Ya. Capitaland Costly Release. Or Chop Carrothead Release.

Actually very far from Orchard lah!
    $1600-$1800 psf can buy many <10 years resale units in Newton/Novena area now! Those are the really close ones to Orchard (1-2 MRT stations distance). Bishan is like 5 MRT stations distance away?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    wat so gd abt bishan really?

mrt many stops to cbd .....drive to cbd aso kena CTE jam.....only near to orchard tats all

1600psf buy? river valley plenty of 1600psf FH ones to choose

max i will pay will be 13xxpsf for mid-high flr

So 1600 for 2bds, 1400 for 3bds, devil u happy ?

This one can do 1600 lah. Bishan is probably the richest HDB town, if CAPL dun do 1600 here, where else to do it ? Bedok 1500 already a success.

Btw Teddy newton no more 1600 already lah. New ones small size ones all > 2k already. So the px scale looks normal to me. 100psf less per MRT stop, newton to Bishan, 2000 to 1600, look just right. I'm referring to new launch hor. ( although one FH one LH but at bull mkt no one cares about this)

Plus I think if this one dun sell 1600 and yet punggol can sell 1500 Liew will fire Wong and hire someone from SHK to run CAPL Residential. There are too many creative finance ppl in CAPL now, not enough hardcore developers.

the balconies at the showroom look ordinary and not at all impressive leh...

the whole design look rather cramp...balconies are rather open to the neighbours...nearby there's a track, mosque and ITE....
    no doubt Capld can push at 1600psf still ... but good luck to those who buy..

Quote Originally Posted by diveaces
    the whole design look rather cramp...balconies are rather open to the neighbours...nearby there's a track, mosque and ITE....
    no doubt Capld can push at 1600psf still ... but good luck to those who buy..
    How to get good rental yield?

Novena side FH whatever only 1600 or 1700 psf only right? Unless its the MM Suites @ Newton and btw there were talks dropping price liao becos sold 10 units after so long. Was looking through D11 caveats. Really not there yet - most can't even hit 2000psf unless MM like Suites @ stuggling Newton and was last year. Would be very surprised if can sell like hot cakes at 1600psf.

Probably move slowly like d'Leedon if launch at that price.
    Last edited by Wild Falcon; 03-03-12 at 22:53.

I suspect will "start from $1400 psf" but that is for the 1st level with big PES? The rest probably $1500-1800 psf!

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Plus I think if this one dun sell 1600 and yet punggol can sell 1500 Liew will fire Wong and hire someone from SHK to run CAPL Residential. There are too many creative finance ppl in CAPL now, not enough hardcore developers.

Is it worth investing in for this $psf? Any future growth in this area?
    Quote Originally Posted by felicia_sg
    I suspect will "start from $1400 psf" but that is for the 1st level with big PES? The rest probably $1500-1800 psf!

Ask me pay $1600psf for LH high end mass market..
    I would rather pay $1600psf for FH resale prime area over at Novena.. even pay $1700psf for Newton One at Newton area I don't mind..

Novena side FH whatever only 1600 or 1700 psf only right? Unless its the MM Suites @ Newton
    Why u only look at either old projects or MMs ? Look at the "headline" major new projects in those area, Viva, L'Viv, Lincoln Suites, Trilight, for comparable sizes, all are calling 1900 to 2200.

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Ask me pay $1600psf for LH high end mass market..
    I would rather pay $1600psf for FH resale prime area over at Novena.. even pay $1700psf for Newton One at Newton area I don't mind..
    BUT u miss one detail. Tis one even at 1600 psf quantum still < 2m, for a 3bd. Newton One the number is > 2m

And how about orchard boulevard walking distance to ION only 1400 psf ?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    How to get good rental yield?
    It's for own stay to show off you are the cream of crop among heartlanders, not exactly for good rental yield.

BUT u miss one detail. Tis one even at 1600 psf quantum still < 2m, for a 3bd. Newton One the number is > 2m

Newton One I base on 1216sf at 1700psf..

Orchard Boulevard have 12XXsf at 14XXpsf? Even at 17XXpsf sure I want!!
    But the problem is have or not??

Let me tell a story about the "kelong" of Newton One. In early 2009, I offered $1350 psf but was rejected by selling agents, but mysteriously 1 unit was transacted about $1250+ psf after that. Thereafter, I upped to $1450 psf but similarly a unit was subsequently transacted at $1350+ psf after that. Transacted price always lower than my offered price despite I offered to all agents with units available for sale. Moral of the story? Those super low transacted prices, there is something behind, or rather, they are not openly available for you or me to buy (they are insider transactions, purposely priced lower than market probably to lower their stamp duties or sellers know or related to each other and priced as such etc).

Maybe you haven't looked hard enough. Viva and Trilight definitely there are deals below $2000psf. Look at transacted prices. Even then, asking prices have been coming down this year. Even the one that crossed 2k psf called Suites @ Newton has reduced its prices by 20% this week.

To say that the new projects in Novena are all transacting above 2k psf is very misleading statement and I just wanted to clarify. 2.2k psf is not the norm, esp in current market. Its very dangerous for your kind of thinking. Novena =2k psf. Therefore Bishan = 1600psf. Good buy!!!

You are quite out of touch aren't you? Go for viewing and then see if the seller is prepared to let go lower than those prices advertised in propertyguru.

Why u only look at either old projects or MMs ? Look at the "headline" major new projects in those area, Viva, L'Viv, Lincoln Suites, Trilight, for comparable sizes, all are calling 1900 to 2200.

Orchard boulevard area have LH condo about $14xx psf ones, but then again, the catch is that the absolute price is about $5,000,000 (yes $5 Millions) because size about 3500 sqft!

Another catch: Have to spend about >$350,000 to renovate to look new (because it is relatively old and size about 3500 sqft and assume costs about $100 psf to renovate)!

So most buyers no choice, have to pay $1500 psf for new launch Bedok Residences because absolute price <$1.5m and no need to put up CASH to renovate lor!
    Buy nearby resale also can't afford because again, resale means need to renovate and larger size at $100 psf of reno means need CASH upfront (too difficult & expensive to borrow) of >$130,000 to renovate!

Newton One I base on 1216sf at 1700psf..

Orchard Boulevard have 12XXsf at 14XXpsf? Even at 17XXpsf sure I want!!
    But the problem is have or not??

I don't think 2m is going to break anyone at today's low interest. There is no difference between 1.8m and 2m . Even resale vs resale, prices have converged so much. Bishan HDB are those 1m type. After selling HDB for 1m cash, no problem to get a 2m property. Do not look down on upgraders. Just because they didn't to buy a 2m condo doesn't mean they cannot afford one. Its about value.

How about this small FH unit at D11?? Still under construction.. so brand new at 1700psf can boh??
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...le-368-thomson

Like what Wild Falcon said, you didn't do enough homework loh

But taking out CASH seems to be breaking most OCRers' neck right?
    I met many younger people, they said they buy HDB DBSS flats! I was surprised and advise them that that is the worst to buy! Why not BTO so much cheaper since comparing about same location for 5-rm HDB flats, BTO is about $500k but DBSS selling $750k (or 50% premium!)? They said:
    "Buy BTO means have to come out with cold-hard CASH to renovate, easily >$100k for a 5-room HDB flats to make it real nice, but can't afford because don't have so much CASH, so no choice have to buy HDB DBSS since can loan 90% and don't need to come out CASH lor (except furniture and lights)!"!!!

Isn't this the same for people buying new launch private condos vs buying resale condos? I won't be surprised many people will be buying Bishan new launch condos at average $1600 psf! I would expect the range to be $1500 psf (for only very few units with big PES) to $1800 psf (for MM units!).

Reasons:
    1) Nearby Bishan resale condos already $1300+ psf, but these potential buyers have no CASH to come out to renovate old resale condos!
    2) Punggol already selling at $1400 psf! Hei! You expect Bishan to sell at same price as Punggol?

I don't think 2m is going to break anyone at today's low interest. There is no difference between 1.8m and 2m . Even resale vs resale, prices have converged so much. Bishan HDB are those 1m type. After selling HDB, no problem to get a 2m property.
    Last edited by teddybear; 04-03-12 at 12:31.

How about this small FH unit at D11?? Still under construction.. so brand new at 1700psf can boh??
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...le-368-thomson

Like what Wild Falcon said, you didn't do enough homework loh
    Alamak trust me I'm very vested in this part of D11, so I know what I'm talking.
    The case u propose, i'm sorry I think it's worse than this bishan case. Upcoming highway construction is going to be terrible. And plus, this is balestier lah.

And to wild falcon, decent new launches at size around 1000 sqft are all 1900 to 2200 psf. I quoted 3 major projects. I dun even consider MMs as eligible. What example do you have ? ( that new launches at 1700 ??) remember koh bro enbloc the Lincoln suites site for 1500 psf.

Look I'm not justifying 1600 is a good deal for bishan. I'm justifying why CAPL will sell at 1600 for bishan given current market price. And your argument that "D11 new ones also only at 1700" simply doesn't hold, as it's false.

. Just because they didn't to buy a 2m condo doesn't mean they cannot afford one. Its about value.
    I dun need to debate with you on this. Fact is compelling. Resale projects are now psf wise at least 20% or even 30% lower and no takers, new projects with headline psfs plenty of takers, in the same area.

So what's your point? Always buy new launches and never buy resale?

Punggol Watertown the median PSF is only 10xx PSF. Dont use the highest PSF in any project to justify the median PSF for other projects.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    But taking out CASH seems to be breaking most OCRers' neck right?
    I met many younger people, they said they buy HDB DBSS flats! I was surprised and advise them that that is the worst to buy! Why not BTO so much cheaper since comparing about same location for 5-rm HDB flats, BTO is about $500k but DBSS selling $750k (or 50% premium!)? They said:
    "Buy BTO means have to come out with cold-hard CASH to renovate, easily >$100k for a 5-room HDB flats to make it real nice, but can't afford because don't have so much CASH, so no choice have to buy HDB DBSS since can loan 90% and don't need to come out CASH lor (except furniture and lights)!"!!!

Isn't this the same for people buying new launch private condos vs buying resale condos? I won't be surprised many people will be buying Bishan new launch condos at average $1600 psf! I would expect the range to be $1500 psf (for only very few units with big PES) to $1800 psf (for MM units!).

Reasons:
    1) Nearby Bishan resale condos already $1300+ psf, but these potential buyers have no CASH to come out to renovate old resale condos!
    2) Punggol already selling at $1400 psf! Hei! You expect Bishan to sell at same price as Punggol?

You have been proven wrong so many times.

Not every area new launch is selling like hot cakes lah. Novena new launch above 2200psf sellling like hot cakes? Try google Suites @ Newton. Who you kidding? Or if Novena above 2000psf a good reference point? Don't ever use reference point to invest. Your theory CCR will always outperform since eons ago have been proven wrong.

New projects EVERYWHERE has plenty of takers? U are so out of touch. There are so many that are not moving.

And I'm not saying 1600psf will not make money in the future in Bishan. Just thinking maybe upside limited. Even those who bought Suites@ Newton or Viva for above $2k psf, I worry for them. There is good chance they may not make money. Just objectively speaking.

Of course for own stay or need to be 1km within X school, then doesn't matter. I'm talking about INVESTMENTS.

I dun need to debate with you on this. Fact is compelling. Resale projects are now psf wise at least 20% or even 30% lower and no takers, new projects with headline psfs plenty of takers, in the same area.

Cannot find WT at 10Xxpsf on the lodged caveat unless prices indicated are before discounts. Most of them are lodged at least 11XX?

Punggol Watertown the median PSF is only 10xx PSF. Dont use the highest PSF in any project to justify the median PSF for other projects.

Wild I find your posting style very similar to mr B in his earlier posts. When u lose a case u refuse to admit and resort to all sorts of blanket statements to hide behind.

I merely told you there is no decent new launch in newton/novena doing 1700 psf. And you say there is. Do you admit you were wrong ?

"been proven wrong so many times " ?? You are seriously disillusional. You almost always lose a debate and dreamt you won. Still remember the illegal car parking case ? That you champion parking illegally and/or taking another person's graciousness for yourself is a matter of course ? You sure think you won in that debate too.

And you simply love to say CCR is dead. Just wait for your best friend Stalingrad to come alive and sing together. And btw his duchess residences dream is now 2x his carabelle now. He can't sing any more without looking completely idiotic. You still can, thanks to hillier now hill view looks sexy again. Look CCR prices have not dropped, there is no winner here. In long term who has better investment aspect is still a subject ot discussion. I'm not as simple minded as you.

He wrote so long and you still fail to understand ?

He's trying to tell you why ppl buy new sale high psf but not resale low psf ! Because they have no enough cash !

It's totally not the case of " he can afford but sees no value", which is what you think. Do you think you win again in this ?