Page 61 of 79 FirstFirst ... 313641465156575859606162636465667176 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 2343

Thread: Sky Habitat - Bishan

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Coz it was build by FEO. they are known to FORWARD price their projects. $$$ they all make...
    Forward price? More like pay before you use.

Wow, Wild Falcon, I supported your points too.

Anyway went down to see the showroom also nothing much or impressive about the interior and layout other then the designer building facade. But long term staying inside, the layout must be good and space must be right too.

Anyway if the price is so good at $1,700psf why no long and over night queue. Guess those are agents want to make money and saying business talk only.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    I think in this case, history likely to repeat. The Bishan curse. I'm not surprised 15 years later, Sky Habitat buyer should be happy if it is still $1700psf with lease term running low.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Think about it, it was in 1997 Bishan 8 launched at 1,100psf, and it was not a designer condo, no MBS fame, nothing special

After 15y, SH is launched at 1,700psf ... if you factor in inflation, it is not that much different but at least SH is a designer condo and now Bishan has the CCL MRT line with all the comparable OCRs selling at 1,200psf, SH is something you can haolian and show off, so SH is expensive but Bishan 8 is even a bigger con job
    In additon, property prices peaked in early 1997 and was hit drastically in late 1997 by the Asian financial crisis. Prices languished a few years and was hit by a series of global systemic and local events thereafter like dot.com bubble burst, 9/11, SARS scare etc. Prices then went through a prolonged trough until 2005/ 2006 due to these factors.

Historical data could provide a reference but we need to take in the dynamic changes occurring in the markets today. The biggest difference now is the synchronised effort of central government and bankers around the world to prevent a financial meltdown like what was seen during Lehman collapse. Their main tool was to ease monetary policy excessively and that usually translate to asset inflation in one way or another.

And I always believe the considerations for buying a property for own stay has to be different from buying an investment property.

15 years ago, the market wasn't padded with CM. Today we have so many CMs to strip away if we want to lure buyers back. This is not including the old DPS or IAS plus the 90% LTV schemes.

Inflation today Is even higher than 1992 to 1996 but garmens only allow cash rich investors and leave the rest to die
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Inflation today Is even higher than 1992 to 1996 but garmens only allow cash rich investors and leave the rest to die
    Difference is the number central banks simultaneously doing QE...

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Difference is the number central banks simultaneously doing QE...

QE1, QE2, LTRO, Asset Purchases
    US, Europe and UK. Printing more $ € £

Soon hawker center chicken rice $10 per plate, watermelon juice $5 per cup.

Or just like property, price the same but everything become MM sized portion.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

No lah, won't happen to price like that. What is more likely to happen is this:
    1) Chicken rice - meat reduced until left 3 tiny sliced pieces, rice reduced as well.
    2) Watermelon juice - add more sugar water to mix with the juice.

End up you need 2 plates of chicken rice to fill stomach and drink sugar water rather than juice!

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Soon hawker center chicken rice $10 per plate, watermelon juice $5 per cup.

Or just like property, price the same but everything become MM sized portion.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    1) Chicken rice - meat reduced until left 3 tiny sliced pieces, rice reduced as well.

End up you need 2 plates of chicken rice to fill stomach and drink sugar water rather than juice!
    Yeah, like this pastamania. The amount of pasta getting smaller and smaller.

The mickeymousation of chicken rice.

Quote Originally Posted by testtest
    Bishan is RCR lah...
    hi i thought bishan is OCR? I thought RCR is D12,D13,D14 only?

Quote Originally Posted by bigapplefan
    hi i thought bishan is OCR? I thought RCR is D12,D13,D14 only?
    Here is the map of CCR and RCR:
    http://spring.ura.gov.sg/lad/ore/login/map_ccr.pdf

Bishan is RCR.

Bishan is classed as RCR by URA. Forum members can debate until red in the face but that is the "official" classification.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Bishan is classed as RCR by URA. Forum members can debate until red in the face but that is the "official" classification.

this URA map will show the boundary line for RCR.
    Ang Mo Kio Ave 1 is where the boundary is for the North

http://spring.ura.gov.sg/lad/ore/log...ral_region.pdf

Actually if you look at the map, you'll know

Fringe Boundary is defined by
    Upper Thomson, Bishan in the north
    East Coast, Marine Parade to the East
    Clementi Road and part of Upper Bukit Timah to the West

Still got good value tasty chicken rice 2.50 only good amount of meat in heartland coffee shops la.

Anybody staying in the HDB within the vicinity of Sky Habitat? I just went to the Bishan stadium and was stunned by how loud the mosque next to the plot of land can be. When the service is taking place, the loud speakers blast so loud, you can hear them even at 300m away! How are the people on low floors going to live?

Quote Originally Posted by reuters
    Anybody staying in the HDB within the vicinity of Sky Habitat? I just went to the Bishan stadium and was stunned by how loud the mosque next to the plot of land can be. When the service is taking place, the loud speakers blast so loud, you can hear them even at 300m away! How are the people on low floors going to live?
    I mentioned about the m----- before, but guess what, fell on deaf ears so probably those buyers wont hear anything next time...

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    I mentioned about the m----- before, but guess what, fell on deaf ears so probably those buyers wont hear anything next time...
    How long is the blaring? If it for 5 to 10 mins, probably ok.

Quote Originally Posted by insigina
    How long is the blaring? If it for 5 to 10 mins, probably ok.
    Well, it definitely won't make sense for a whole auditorium of people to come together just to sing loudly for only 5 to 10 mins. I don't usually go to the stadium so late in the evening, but was just very surprised by how noisy the place actually was!

so quiet ? no 1 buy liao? hows the sales?

I went to 8 RiverSuites showflat... 1400psf cityview with crappy MSCP and tiny 50m lap pool for 850 units ... the underdog of city fringe condo to the max ... now I can see some value of SH as both are at city fringe near MRT ...

Should I buy for self-stay ??

I went to 8 RiverSuites showflat... 1400psf cityview with crappy MSCP and tiny 50m lap pool for 850 units ... the underdog of city fringe condo to the max ... now I can see some value of SH as both are at city fringe near MRT ...

Should I buy for self-stay ??
    went to SH few days back. agents all shake leg...extremely disappointed with the finishing of this project. the 1 + 1 bedder and 2 bedder layout are horrible. those high floor big units are worth considering if you have the money. but then again, for this kind of money, why do you need to stay in city fringe?

Heard 129 sold to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Poloclub
    went to SH few days back. agents all shake leg...extremely disappointed with the finishing of this project. the 1 + 1 bedder and 2 bedder layout are horrible. those high floor big units are worth considering if you have the money. but then again, for this kind of money, why do you need to stay in city fringe?
    Those good facing 3 bedders are worth a look. But those in Block 7 are almost sold out. The 4 bedders are nice but way too costly.

My budget max 1.4m, 1+S 6XXsqft or 2br up to 800sqft will do, looking for location near good secondary schools, I have considered D Leedon (the only layout acceptable is B1), The Shelford (don't like low rise), Waterbank @ Dakota , Tanjong Rhu area ... I still have time so no hurry

Other conditions:

1. High rise more than 10 floors, prefer > 15
    2. Less than 10y old with strong preference for new
    3. Decent / usable facilities ... not 8XX units with one 50m lap pool
    4. <400m from MRT or upcoming MRT
    5. Prefer decent shopping center < 400m
    6. Finishing no issue, I am prepared to redo
    7. CCR or RCR only (or within the circle line)

Any idea where else should I look for

Quote Originally Posted by insigina
    Those good facing 3 bedders are worth a look. But those in Block 7 are almost sold out. The 4 bedders are nice but way too costly.
    this project will be nice if Singapore has Mediterranean cool and sunny whether where you can lunch and dine at the huge squarish outdoor balcony. In Singapore, you will have problem walking barefoot in the balcony during the hot afternoon, and algae will be growing all over the white exterior.

My budget max 1.4m, 1+S 6XXsqft or 2br up to 800sqft will do, looking for location near good secondary schools, I have considered D Leedon (the only layout acceptable is B1), The Shelford (don't like low rise), Waterbank @ Dakota , Tanjong Rhu area ... I still have time so no hurry

Other conditions:

1. High rise more than 10 floors, prefer > 15
    2. Less than 10y old with strong preference for new
    3. Decent / usable facilities ... not 8XX units with one 50m lap pool
    4. <400m from MRT or upcoming MRT
    5. Prefer decent shopping center < 400m
    6. Finishing no issue, I am prepared to redo
    7. CCR or RCR only (or within the circle line)

Any idea where else should I look for
    For new project, you can consider a 1+1 or 2 bedder at Seahill. very unique concept, unblock view for higher floor, sea facing skypool, very good finishing, big catchment area so should easy for find tenants. I am thinking of getting one myself before another round of CMs.

For new project, you can consider a 1+1 or 2 bedder at Seahill. very unique concept, unblock view for higher floor, sea facing skypool, very good finishing, big catchment area so should easy for find tenants. I am thinking of getting one myself before another round of CMs.
    Violated my conditions of MRT/shopping center within 400m

Violated my conditions of MRT/shopping center within 400m
    I think it might be better to find tenants who can afford to take taxi.

I think west coast shopping mall is only about 400m away.