Page 48 of 79 FirstFirst ... 182328333843444546474849505152535863687378 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 2343

Thread: Sky Habitat - Bishan

Quote Originally Posted by ulrich76
    Think it's impt to ask yourself wats important in life. My wife and I are earning good income but are contemplating for one of us to stop working to spend more time with our son. In the process, we may shift to a HDB flat and own only a 2nd hand Jap car. We just do not want to follow the common "wisdom" and regret later on
    Hear hear! It's heartening to see people not caught up in the rat race or keeping up with the joneses and lose sight of what's really important.
    More power to you.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    This price can buy a 3434sqft single level penthouse in Minton.

THE MINTON HOUGANG STREET 11 Condominium 1 2,866,500 3,434 Strata 835 May-11
    only reason is they like bishan and they can afford it lor. Nothing to do with Minton have better offer....

from the last few record sales, i noticed pple probably like to buy near their parents and area they live up in. Bedok residence was one such example. There is also the FEO hillster(CCK and phoenix road)- example(nothing there, just a substation beside) also can.

2.8m add abit can get something in cainhill liao i think.

i think we should tell the world that, Singaporean are the main buyer or investor . It's no longer the PRC , HK, etc

It also proved that CCR glam has been lost in this historical day. What a turnaround, all the CCR owners must been wondering hard these days....

Pockets are so deep, just wait for Spain to crinch in next few months and whether these buyers will continue to take on so much risk and exercise their options.

It will be interesting to see the profiles of the buyers if such info is available.

I'm optimistic for a good location but at this price, many are flabbergasted.

2.8mil is not the pricest 4bd. The 4bd with a 5m by 5m terrace in the sky is 3.5m! This is really the CCR level.

Quote Originally Posted by 3C
    No, they have "BALLS" that many dont have
    If i can "print" money, i will definitely have the balls.

Azeoprop, i was just comparing within this project. If compare against others. There is no shortage of choices.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    2.8mil is not the pricest 4bd. The 4bd with a 5m by 5m terrace in the sky is 3.5m! This is really the CCR level.
    I didn't think that was super fantastic. But the penthouse is certainly very delicious.

Default showflat

What flooring does SH have for the toilet and the living room?

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    Pockets are so deep, just wait for Spain to crinch in next few months and whether these buyers will continue to take on so much risk and exercise their options.

It will be interesting to see the profiles of the buyers if such info is available.

I'm optimistic for a good location but at this price, many are flabbergasted.
    don't be a "basic" la. euro fears all discounted already. just need to wait for interest rates to rise... just remember all buyers hard to sell within 3 years so they better pray that rates still stay low by then....

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    i think we should tell the world that, Singaporean are the main buyer or investor . It's no longer the PRC , HK, etc

It also proved that CCR glam has been lost in this historical day. What a turnaround, all the CCR owners must been wondering hard these days....
    HDB dwellers are doing very well these days. The HDB carpark near my place has many new big BMWs, Mercs etc. I think many people are fed-up with maids and choose to live near parents for convenience of child care and dinner. The rise of good neighbourhood schools, malls, hospitals and recreational facilities further reduce the lure of CCR, plus the connectivity of MRT of course.

its just shows 1 thing , punggol got highest medium income. Bishan got more of the high income in the upper income tier. SH only need 500 pax to afford the designer product.

Not yet my friend most of the units sold are < 2m.
    Plus bishan is the prime of mass market. The peak will be here.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    I didn't think that was super fantastic. But the penthouse is certainly very delicious.
    Heard that one penthouse was sold and another potential buyer missed the same unit as his Q number was further back.

hi amk,

it is a feat to achieved this price in bishan, maybe i keep believing everything is believable from now....

Jurong - 2000psf
    Woodlands - 1500 psf
    etc

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    I also find the normal 4bd nicer. In fact the psf is like low 15xx only, cheapest in the whole project in terms of psf. But quantum too high, even for rich bishan ppl

Btw I know someone ready to give cheque for the penthouse . But the final price is too high even for him.

dont know if i sound elitist is i say this, only the cream of bishan can afford a 2m price tag. Not any average joe.

2m tag required 400k DP minimally. Assuming developer adsorb stamp D.

take a 30 year loan, based on 1.5% interest, monthly installment is $5,521. When interest goes to 3%, its $6,735. If dont have household income of $15k monthly... see this figure also will puke blood.

based on a bros sharing somewhere, at $2m price tag, it only accs for ard 8% of total sales in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    its just shows 1 thing , punggol got highest medium income. Bishan got more of the high income in the upper income tier. SH only need 500 pax to afford the designer product.
    If you looked at the radius of 2 to 3km from Bishan, there are lots of landed properties. Given that people prefer to live in familiar surroundings, there are many from this landed segment who does not mind paying a premium to purchase SH. I myself grew up in the Bishan area and although I am now living about 5 km away, it is always nostalgic to return there. Do not under estimate the "sentimental reason" effect.

I also find the normal 4bd nicer. In fact the psf is like low 15xx only, cheapest in the whole project in terms of psf. But quantum too high, even for rich bishan ppl

Btw I know someone ready to give cheque for the penthouse . But the final price is too high even for him.
    Yah, the normal 4 bed was at the lower end of the range despite it facing the pool which is slightly surprising.

The one floor ph is already damn good. The duplex one is slightly excessive. The top deck is really of little significance.

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    don't be a "basic" la. euro fears all discounted already. just need to wait for interest rates to rise... just remember all buyers hard to sell within 3 years so they better pray that rates still stay low by then....
    All Discounted?

I'm not so optimistic after looking at recent currency movements and yields.

The euro bounce after saving greece seems to be fading with Spain in view.

Quote Originally Posted by insigina
    If you looked at the radius of 2 to 3km from Bishan, there are lots of landed properties. Given that people prefer to live in familiar surroundings, there are many from this landed segment who does not mind paying a premium to purchase SH. I myself grew up in the Bishan area and although I am now living about 5 km away, it is always nostalgic to return there. Do not under estimate the "sentimental reason" effect.
    +1 like bro.

that is my observation. Alot of pple will buy near their family's home or place their grow up even if its a premium to other locations(towns).

dont know if i sound elitist is i say this, only the cream of bishan can afford a 2m price tag. Not any average joe.

take a 30 year loan, based on 1.5% interest, monthly installment is $5,521. When interest goes to 3%, its $6,735. If dont have household income of $15k monthly... see this figure also will puke blood.

based on a bros sharing somewhere, at $2m price tag, it only accs for ard 8% of total sales in 2011.
    in today's generation, all i can say is that the combined income is generally 20-25k monthly easy. cream of the crop takes in 50k monthly.

These 3 bedders buyers are mainly for own stay. Wonder how many with HDB address.
    Unbelievable....

SINGAPORE: CapitaLand said it has received strong interest for its suburban condominium project, Sky Habitat.

As of 6pm on Sunday, it sold 70 per cent of the 180 units launched for sale this weekend.

The developer said eight in 10 buyers are Singaporeans.

Eighty-one per cent of units sold were two- and three-bedroom units.

Said to be the most expensive suburban condominium here, the development in Bishan Central is going for S$1,642 psf for a four-bedroom unit to S$1,747 psf for a one-room unit.

A three-bedroom room apartment will cost about S$2 million.

I think so too.

These could be enbloc buyers who have been waited for a long and renting flat.

Quote Originally Posted by insigina
    U really know bishan well

A friend of mine told me long ago he wanted to buy a unit in this for his aging parents who stay in a landed house in bishan. Because children all big already, landed house too big, and maintenance too troublesome for old folks. This condo, perfect for them. Price wise, 2m I think is nothing for them.

wonder how much does all these condos will cost when our children need them...

salary won't be able to match for sure, its a matter of how wide the gap. Grave mistake...

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    in today's generation, all i can say is that the combined income is generally 20-25k monthly easy. cream of the crop takes in 50k monthly.
    50k income(not businessman, salaried) shld be crème de la crème of the salaried income group.

later yow will ask u what industry your from already.....

50k income(not businessman, salaried) shld be crème de la crème of the salaried income group.

later yow will ask u what industry your from already.....
    50k combined or single?

Buy in advance for them.
    wonder how much does all these condos will cost when our children need them...

salary won't be able to match for sure, its a matter of how wide the gap. Grave mistake...

The quality of finishes at SH is appalling for the prices they are charging. No marble on floors, mostly homogenous, toilet fitting and kitchen looks like just another run of the mill condo. There's nothing to justify its premier suruban condo price. They also throw in nothing much in the kitchen appliances etc.