Page 45 of 79 FirstFirst ... 152025303540414243444546474849505560657075 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 2343

Thread: Sky Habitat - Bishan

Quote Originally Posted by lufu
    cool down folks. we share and learn from each other. that's the point.

I posted my view of Sky Habitat but someone could tell me I'm an idiot but please also help me to understand why am I silly and I would accept it.
    part and parcel of forum life car forum/property forum/pets forum....sex forum......there will always be differing views...such is human nature and thats why the world turns around...ha ha even many years ago when no internet someone said the world is square....

It is not whether Can or Cannot. It is whether Want To or Not. Just prefer to put $ in places with lower risk and potential to grow.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    oh, i m stand on the same side.... wondering y so many rich pple "CAN"

i am not offended, but wonder y the word carrot head is used so liberally in alot of threads

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    For those people who stay in Bishan ... they deserve to buy Sky Habitat for the atas feel The 1+S is only 300k more than 2br @ Archipelago, what is 300k for a Bishan HDB upgrader ... HDB COV already 150k right

this sound like blind man leading another blind towards the cliff

Junction 8 really needs a revamp and possibility expansion to the nearby plot....any bro hear any news of plan to revamp junction 8?

BTW, successful people who have arrived in life do not need to tell everyone by wearing all branded stuff, etc. People in HDB can be very successful too. This is a very delicate situation in singapore where garment is very worried with the elite looking down on the 'poorer' or 'less educated ones'. A cleaner takes pride in his/her work and proud to be a cleaner. Without them, the place will be filthy. We have to respect them. Hence, MOE wants students with different academic strength to participate in some common programmes but study separately. They want an inclusive society as they worried that the social problem will be growing beyond control.
    Quote Originally Posted by lufu
    Maybe resident on the 30 something floor will be looking down literally to those HDB block and "laughing" at them. If they had been more successful then they'll be here at the Open Terrace rather than the over-priced but still HDB, HDB

Everything is relative.

someone who lived in high end condo once said to me, the quality of people here is different.

typically the quality of EC, vs MM vs high end MM and Luxury can vary leaps and bound.

Of course the end of the scale is your typical HDB with urine in the lift where town council needs to install sensor and camera, flyers and litters all over the floor at letter box area type.

Sky Habitat though expensive, it also means people who don't have the means will not and never be there.

low floor 3 bedders were quoted around $1400psf... i thought it was ok considering the squarish layout....
    should sell better than TG i would think...

only a few loft units on 14th and 26th floor but @ $1750psf, not attractive...

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    low floor 3 bedders were quoted around $1400psf... i thought it was ok considering the squarish layout....

lower floors are 2nd class citizen at SH.

if i have extra vitamin M will consider the super high floors for self stay....gorgeous views

but that's a big IF
    I am rich in debts...

Quote Originally Posted by Poloclub
    lower floors are 2nd class citizen at SH.
    really.. takes on to think like one i guess...

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver

U not buying?
    Ride at your own risk !!!

U not buying?
    not attractive....

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    if i have extra vitamin M will consider the super high floors for self stay....gorgeous views

but that's a big IF
    Buy Sky@Eleven better view, FH, better location

A couple of years back in 2008, my spouse asked me of I'd prefer clover by the park or parc mondrian as an investment property, both available at $650-700psf. I chose parc mondrian since it is freehold, and considered clover expensive then.

Now sky habitat is considered cheap at $1.4k psf for a low floor unit. Within a space of less than 4 years, prices and perceptions have gone up by so much. Haha i should have said i wanted both clover and mondrian then.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    A couple of years back in 2008, my spouse asked me of I'd prefer clover by the park or parc mondrian as an investment property, both available at $650-700psf. I chose parc mondrian since it is freehold, and considered clover expensive then.

Now sky habitat is considered cheap at $1.4k psf for a low floor unit. Within a space of less than 4 years, prices and perceptions have gone up by so much. Haha i should have said i wanted both clover and mondrian then.

the perception of cheap (which is relative to what you are comparing with) and affordability are very different thing.

Low floor 1400psf reasonable given this is capitaland and famed architect walk to mrt and mall, if I just sell clover at 1200psf I buy this one if kid study nearby is fine, just dun expect can profit lah

Low floor 1400psf reasonable given this is capitaland and famed architect walk to mrt and mall, if I just sell clover at 1200psf I buy this one if kid study nearby is fine, just dun expect can profit lah
    clover can fetch 1200psf in today's market?

Don't think u can get at 1.4k. Refer to Lufu post 1245@ page 125.
    Actually wanted to get a 2 bedder high for facing marina but all the units are 3 bedders and above. So gave up. This one is for shiok only, not for investment.... Haha... Just like driving a cabriolet, sure lose money but shiok.

Buy Sky@Eleven better view, FH, better location
    Agree on the better view and FH but the location is very debatable...SH has the advantage of accessibility
    I am rich in debts...

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Agree on the better view and FH but the location is very debatable...SH has the advantage of accessibility
    Honestly what is the point of talking about luxury living when you cant afford a car?

I went to clover in 2008 n the sales guy quote me ~800psf. I commented it's expensive n he ask me cross road go buy the DBSS.
    I damn piss off his attitude n left...
    Now I think back, really

Quote Originally Posted by Adva181

I went to clover in 2008 n the sales guy quote me ~800psf. I commented it's expensive n he ask me cross road go buy the DBSS.
    I damn piss off his attitude n left...
    Now I think back, really
    Ha ha Dbss sales ladies are equally snobbish, bishan no money no talk u know

Ask yourself if I make you an offer today at $700 psf for your mondrian would you sell it and you'll get your answer.

Inflation at 5% avg. multiple by 4 years and you get 20%. That's not even adjusted for market movement. Just purely an increase due to cost of living.

Inflation has only 1 way which is up. QE1, followed by QE2 followed by LTRO. and we haven't even seen the full impact of Europe's quantitative easing yet.

Back to this project, yes it's expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Don't think u can get at 1.4k. Refer to Lufu post 1245@ page 125.
    Actually wanted to get a 2 bedder high for facing marina but all the units are 3 bedders and above. So gave up. This one is for shiok only, not for investment.... Haha... Just like driving a cabriolet, sure lose money but shiok.
    Agree with you chestnut on the buying a cabriolet scenario. Used to calculate and recalculate, as children are young. It make no sense to buy a CAB as the depreciation is high and only fetches 2 around.

However if you will to ask me now, I would suggest that if its within budget and can afford one. Just go get a CAB as a second car and drive it for a couple of years. With that you will live life without regret since its only left a couple of decade for us. With too much calculations, Sure won't buy. End up we grow older by the years. Maybe i love cars and since spend too much But no regrets
    Last edited by movement_art; 15-04-12 at 12:16.

if we only think of financial calculations, we would never think of buying any car or having a child in the first place as well

Honestly what is the point of talking about luxury living when you cant afford a car?
    errr... you expect your kids to drive to school? or hire a driver to send them around?

Quote Originally Posted by dh13660
    if we only think of financial calculations, we would never think of buying any car or having a child in the first place as well
    Second that, Its a joy to have children, provided that they behave themselve .

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    errr... you expect your kids to drive to school? or hire a driver to send them around?
    school or public bus? maybe condo also have feeder service to MRT station

how is the access of sky habitat to the MRT? Do they have to walk along Bishan street 14/13 to reach MRT?

If the other plots of land gets developed which they will sooner or later, it might fence out sky habitat from the MRT right?
    Last edited by wind30; 15-04-12 at 12:36.

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    i love the roof top lap pool...kinda like MBS..
    From the picture, it seems there is hardly any walking space on the roof top.
    U either jump into the pool or rest on those pool side benches..

Quote Originally Posted by Rosegarden
    Must be a physically very attractive woman.....
    Can't comment on that though...