Thread: apartment sale at d15 hardly movement

Default apartment sale at d15 hardly movement

apartment sale at d15,rcr, hardly movement
    Whereas ec and condo at suburban are selling like hotcakes..
    Logic funny ....
    I emphasise more on location and convenience rather than facilities

Not abnormal: Good time, developers sell FH and in great location. Not good time, sell LH and away from good location.
    Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    Logic funny ....

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Not abnormal: Good time, developers sell FH and in great location. Not good time, sell LH and away from good location.
    ...and selling LH @ FH prices....

Glad you noticed the anomaly too!

Not just some of these D15 apartments but those freehold in Hillview and a few other places, many still below 1000psf.

Yet places like Punggol can reach >1300psf +++ 99 leasehold!

I think threadstarter is referring to new sales in the primary market. Not comparing new sales vs resale. He is right the new launches in East Coast (or old launches not fully sold) there is no movement. Probably losing shine? Too much supply. D15 have greatest supply. Just see ST ads classifieds.

Thanks, that what i mean ,

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    I think threadstarter is referring to new sales in the primary market. Not comparing new sales vs resale. He is right the new launches in East Coast (or old launches not fully sold) there is no movement. Probably losing shine? Too much supply. D15 have greatest supply. Just see ST ads classifieds.

Why ? Anomaly indeed ....
    Shop ,mrt worth more than location

Quote Originally Posted by TKT
    Glad you noticed the anomaly too!

Not just some of these D15 apartments but those freehold in Hillview and a few other places, many still below 1000psf.

Yet places like Punggol can reach >1300psf +++ 99 leasehold!

You may be right... but we shall see if this phenom passes the test of Time.

Perhaps there is room for prices in OCR to catch up first! Punggol not really that inaccessible as the NE line can take one into town in 30mins. Many locations in D15 are inaccessible if you do not drive. Also, many d15 condos lacks amenities within walking distance too I.e shopping centers, supermarket etc. The positive point about d15 is probably it's relatively low population density which in Singapore is considered a luxury.

I think the Location has a different criteria than before.

My guess is that a larger portion of homebuyers are now more "HDB" oriented meaning they value shops, mrt, conveniences....etc more than previously.

I recall last time when buying "private" property, there was more emphasis on "privacy" than conveniences. Nowadays a "private" property could be nestled smack in the midst of a HDB estate.

To many of the old timers places like Bedok Reservoir, Sengkang, Punggol and Tampines reeks of public housing and view it as a glorified and overpriced HDB alternative. But to the many other investors who have been brought up in HDB conveniences, these suburban Condos are exactly what they are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit

My guess is that a larger portion of homebuyers are now more "HDB" oriented meaning they value shops, mrt, conveniences....etc more than previously.

I recall last time when buying "private" property, there was more emphasis on "privacy" than conveniences. Nowadays a "private" property could be nestled smack in the midst of a HDB estate.

To many of the old timers places like Bedok Reservoir, Sengkang, Punggol and Tampines reeks of public housing and view it as a glorified and overpriced HDB alternative. But to the many other investors who have been brought up in HDB conveniences, these suburban Condos are exactly what they are looking for.
    Haha people who said this are usually those who stay in HDB or low end condos. Why not trying to tell this to those people who are status conscious and who traditionally been living in prime District 9/10/11 and 15 (amber/meyer) areas ? They might just smile at u and blush away.

The condos with seaviews are still calling a prime value, so as condos near city and Orchard. This will not change now or forever.

Logic funny ....
    Bit difficult to have major movement in D15 if there are no major launches...

BTW FEO has been able to quietly sell the bulk of Silversea at sky high prices (383 units, 377 launched, 348 sold: $1500+ psf with large quantum of $2-3M+). At the rate is is going it could be fully sold at TOP. Never expected that one.

Quote Originally Posted by NdB
    Bit difficult to have major movement in D15 if there are no major launches...

BTW FEO has been able to quietly sell the bulk of Silversea at sky high prices (383 units, 377 launched, 348 sold: $1500+ psf with large quantum of $2-3M+). At the rate is is going it could be fully sold at TOP. Never expected that one.
    yea heard that one.. don't reckon you'd see a lot of local Sporeans!

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit

Then i triple confirm old timer liao... No hdb in sight is most ideal. Cheers or 7-11 at nearby petrol kiosk good enough for me liao. Groceries can order online and deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Keh
    Also, many d15 condos lacks amenities within walking distance too I.e shopping centers, supermarket etc. The positive point about d15 is probably it's relatively low population density which in Singapore is considered a luxury.

but some of the roads in D15 is so small and crowded.... does not feel like low population density.

I think its a case of the wait-and-see from buyers and the no-rush-to-sell from the sellers. Sellers who invested in D15 (either for own stay for rental or subsale) usually have the holding power so unless the offer is exciting, they are not inclined to sell. D15 prices are quite strong and are likely to remain strong. Ppl who buy there usually like the place. So it will remain this way (very little movement) for quite a while...barring anything major of cos.....CHOI!

my2c

Do you realise that whenever major news report talk about Prime districts for investment or statistical tally they almost always include D15 in? It is the unofficial prime district other than usual suspects 9 10 11

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Do you realise that whenever major news report talk about Prime districts for investment or statistical tally they almost always include D15 in? It is the unofficial prime district other than usual suspects 9 10 11
    interesting observation.....i think you;re right