Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What makes this property boom different from the past booms?

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: What makes this property boom different from the past booms?

Quote Originally Posted by screwed
    Hahaha, rental yield will be 0.5% if this price hike continues. Normal working singaporeans will be so priced out that they can only rent. Singapore and hongkong will be on par for proerty prices. Landlords are the kings, working class are the slaves. Singapore will be North korea cum Macau cum Hongkong .
    Don't worry, this will never happen as ministers have to make sure every singaporeas are happy because they have next election to worry about.
    May be after they sell a lot lands to developers at record prices, they will announce some drastic measures to cool the property market, especially the mass markets and HDB to make sure every singaporeans can afford to buy property.

750hp, 2.4 V8 n.a. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by screwed
    Hahaha, rental yield will be 0.5% if this price hike continues. Normal working singaporeans will be so priced out that they can only rent. Singapore and hongkong will be on par for proerty prices. Landlords are the kings, working class are the slaves. Singapore will be North korea cum Macau cum Hongkong .

That's why .... "buy buy buy"!
    Charge!

Just listen carefully.
    Press the left paddle twice, drop it to 3rd gear.
    Step on the accelerator and make the right turn.
    Now press the right paddle once, and then once, and then once.

Correct! That's right!
    Charge!
    Up up up!

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 750hp, 2.4 V8 n.a.
    Charge!

Just listen carefully.

Correct! That's right!
    Charge!
    Up up up!
    It took me a while to figure out what were you saying
    I guess the problem is we property owner don't ride motor bike
    why don't you go get a HDB and live happily ever after, it is a gift from us, tax payers

750hp, 2.4 V8 n.a. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    It took me a while to figure out what were you saying
    I guess the problem is we property owner don't ride motor bike
    why don't you go get a HDB and live happily ever after, it is a gift from us, tax payers

My god!

Motorcycle got left (for -) and right (for +) paddles meh?
    Motorcycle only got 1 right-leg paddle what! Down (for -) and up (for +).

Motorcycle got V8 meh?
    Motorcycle can produce 750hp meh?
    Even a car with 2.4 V8 n.a. can't produce 750hp!

HDB has the highest rental yield now so I would love to get a HDB for rental.
    But they have salary restriction you idiot!

You are a taxpayer. Big deal?
    My tax is your annual salary. Idiot!

Unregistered Guest

I dun think any car maker in the world will produce a 2.4 litre V8. Defeats the purpose.

Observer. Guest

I dun think any car maker in the world will produce a 2.4 litre V8. Defeats the purpose.
    Don't say no.
    I think in UK, there is a 2.4, 2.5 or 3.0 (I can't remember) V8. But I think that engine is turbo-charged.

Anyway, a 2.4 V6 (in Audi A6 2.4 or Nissan Cefiro 230) or a 2.4 V8 (if there is one), will never beat the F1 engine.

With just 2.4 litre (i.e. 300cc in each of the 8 pistons) and no forced-induction, it can produce 750-850hp!!!!!

Car Fan Guest

You are wrong!
    The more pistons, the better the engine.

Compare a 170hp Mitsubishi 2.4 I4 with a 173hp Nissan 2.35 V6.
    Both engine have the same power. So both are as fast.
    The V6 is smooth but you can feel vibration in the I4. Of course, I6 is even better.

Compare a circle resting on 2 points (4 pistons) with 3 points (6 pistons). The minimum points for a balanced circle is obviously 3.
    All 2/3/4-piston engines need balancer shafts.
    The minimum balanced engine is V6 or I6.

V8 is even better. Smoother.
    V10 is even more better. More smoother.
    V12 is even more more better. More more smoother.
    V16 .....

Try sitting in an Audi A6 2.0T I4 vs A6 2.4 V6.
    You can tell the difference. The vibration in the 2.0T!!!!

Unregistered Guest

My god!

Motorcycle got left (for -) and right (for +) paddles meh?
    Motorcycle only got 1 right-leg paddle what! Down (for -) and up (for +).

Motorcycle got V8 meh?
    Motorcycle can produce 750hp meh?

HDB has the highest rental yield now so I would love to get a HDB for rental.
    But they have salary restriction you idiot!

You are a taxpayer. Big deal?
    My tax is your annual salary. Idiot!
    I don't work,
    because I retire long ago
    I don't even have a driver license (hope you are smart enough to figure I have a driver to drive my car)
    Only idiot can say such thing "my tax is your annual salary" without even knowing the other person even lives on a salary.

Sympathy To The Can't Guest

I don't work,
    I don't even have a driver license (hope you are smart enough to figure I have a driver to drive my car)
    Only idiot can say such thing "my tax is your annual salary" without even knowing the other person even lives on a salary.

Yes, we all know you can't work, can't drive and is dying soon.
    You should also not log in to the Internet. Internet is not for you.
    Take care! Bye bye!

Onq Benq Senq Guest

I don't work,

Can't work and drive and have no salary?
    Let me give you some of my income tax.

Team Toyota Guest

Charge!

Just listen carefully.

Correct! That's right!
    Charge!
    Up up up!

Hello! On liao lah!
    Already buying more lah.
    Cheong ah!

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sympathy To The Can't
    Yes, we all know you can't work, can't drive and is dying soon.
    You should also not log in to the Internet. Internet is not for you.
    Take care! Bye bye!
    I don't work because I don't need to work.
    How can I live without internet?
    Internet is one of my main tools to help me keep tap with the world financial information and help me make my investments decision.

Cool Re: What makes this property boom different from the past booms?

Boys! Boys! Boys!! Down! Down! Down! Chill out! Come on, this is a discussion on the property boom, it is not about your ego or your salary.
    Can we go back to the main point here? By the way, all you guys are rich, if not you wouldn't be here to talk about private properties right?

Fedup! Guest

I don't work because I don't need to work.
    How can I live without internet?
    Internet is one of my main tools to help me keep tap with the world financial information and help me make my investments decision.

We talk about property but this idiot said he is very old and sick and dying soon.

One thing for sure is that, in this property boom. We are able to share our ideas and views here. We are truly in the internet age now!

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fedup!
    We talk about property but this idiot said he is very old and sick and dying soon.
    No name calling pls
    Why don't you learn to ignore comments that you don't like
    I don't see you comment add anything to this forum also

LB Kwek Guest

"The issue in today's hot property market is that 'the selling price of your current project becomes the break-even cost for your next project' because of the ever-increasing cost of buying replacement land. You might as well not sell your residential development."

- 10 May 2007

CB Crack Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LB Kwek
    "The issue in today's hot property market is that 'the selling price of your current project becomes the break-even cost for your next project' because of the ever-increasing cost of buying replacement land. You might as well not sell your residential development."

- 10 May 2007
    [QUOTE=CB Crack]"The tissue in today's toilet is that 'the selling price of your current backside becomes the break-wind cost for your next visit' because of the ever-increasing cost of buying replacement toilet paper.
    You might as well just wash your asshole."

Seng Guest

[QUOTE=CB Crack]
    Quote Originally Posted by CB Crack
    "The tissue in today's toilet is that 'the selling price of your current backside becomes the break-wind cost for your next visit' because of the ever-increasing cost of buying replacement toilet paper.
    You might as well just wash your asshole."

Buy buy buy!
    Rich buy! Poor buy!
    Everybody buy!
    Toilet cleaner also buy!
    Huat huat huat!

Some comic relief by some creative poet really gives me a good laugh.

knn s'poreans Guest

When property market up, peoples worry about buble, they swear that they will hold on to their money and buy when collapse. When collpase does happen, they are more than happy to hold on to their money and wish that the price will drop further. When price does drop further, they give up hope on property market. and curse the governement for not doing a good job. When property do recover sligthly, they are very suspicious, hoping this is just a blips. when property price increase accelerate, they hope that the bubble will burst, citing all kinds of far fetch reasons : China stock market, US sub prime market, Iran war, Kelantan oil pipeline, hot money etc. etc. just hope that the market can correct and they can enter the market to pick up cheap deal (they have been advocating Money is king during down cycle)............., when correction do come, they retract, hope that price will drop further................. and the cycle repeat itself.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by knn s'poreans
    When property market up, peoples worry about buble, they swear that they will hold on to their money and buy when collapse. When collpase does happen, they are more than happy to hold on to their money and wish that the price will drop further. When price does drop further, they give up hope on property market. and curse the governement for not doing a good job. When property do recover sligthly, they are very suspicious, hoping this is just a blips. when property price increase accelerate, they hope that the bubble will burst, citing all kinds of far fetch reasons : China stock market, US sub prime market, Iran war, Kelantan oil pipeline, hot money etc. etc. just hope that the market can correct and they can enter the market to pick up cheap deal (they have been advocating Money is king during down cycle)............., when correction do come, they retract, hope that price will drop further................. and the cycle repeat itself.
    Yes, you are talking some, but there are also this crowd who jump in at the third wave when prices had already gone up 50%, they hope it will go up another 50%
    The rare one are the one who bought heavily during SARS and is now starting to unload. There is no doubt to me you won't belongs to this group

Jumper Guest

Yes, you are talking some, but there are also this crowd who jump in at the third wave when prices had already gone up 50%, they hope it will go up another 50%
    The rare one are the one who bought heavily during SARS and is now starting to unload. There is no doubt to me you won't belongs to this group

Got 7 waves in 7 years, just jump in during the 1st 5 waves lah.

Jump!
    Jump!
    Jump higher! Higher psf!

Reuters Guest

Default MCL Land Cheers Singapore Immigration Drive

It says this will fuel demand for its mass- to mid-market condominiums.
    Reuters
    Singapore
    17 May 2007

Singapore's drive to attract more immigrants will lift the earnings of residential property developer MCL Land for years to come, the firm's finance chief said on Thursday.

The firm, 77% owned by Hongkong Land , expects demand for its mass- to mid-market condominiums will be fueled by the government's plan to woo more skilled foreign workers and boost the country's population to 6.5 million from 4.5 million.

"The long-term prospect for Singapore's property market is good. You need to house that additional two million," Steve Chu, MCL Land's Chief Financial Officer, told Reuters in an interview.

Singapore generated over 90% of MCL Land's earnings last year with the remainder coming from neighbouring Malaysia.

Though private home prices in Singapore are at their highest levels in seven years, many of MCL Land's rival developers such as CapitaLand and Keppel Land are diversifying out of the country by building apartments, malls and offices in markets such as China and India.

But Chu said the risk-returns of venturing beyond MCL Land's main markets of Singapore and Malaysia would not be attractive for a small firm that had a staff of about 30.

"The current boom in Singapore has two to three more years to go before it eases off," Chu said, adding that Singapore private home prices could rise a further 15-20% this year.

MCL Land has a market capitalisation of $654 million and is the 22nd-largest property firm among the 40 in Singapore's property index .

Landbank

Chu said MCL Land plans to spend up to S$600 million ($394 million) this year to grow its current landbank of about 1.6 million square feet of gross floor area.

"We are actively looking for sites, particularly along the fringes of the core central area," he said.

MCL Land's landbank acquisitions will be funded by cash from its home sales as well as bank financing.

"We are comfortable with keeping our current debt gearing of 60% to equity," Chu added.

MCL Land, which has tied up with rival developer Ho Bee Investment to develop two residential projects, has been approached by European and U.S. funds keen to invest in Singapore property.

"We are not actively considering their offers as we haven't come across any large sites available for development yet," Chu said.

Chu said MCL Land's 2007 net profit would easily exceed the US$30.5 million net profit it earned last year.

"It will definitely be a much better performance than 2006," he said.

Bucking the trend among Singapore property firms which reported strong first-quarter earnings growth, MCL Land posted a 75% fall in net profit for the three months ended March to US$1 million.

Kim Eng Research analyst Wilson Liew said MCL Land's net profit figure was "deceptively abysmal" because the developer's unique accounting treatment of recognising its home sale profits only upon the completion of its projects.

"MCL Land will reap the benefits of capital appreciation in the mass market," said Liew, who raised his target share price for the developer to S$3.23.

MCL Land shares, which rose 0.75% to close at S$2.69 on Thursday, have gained 24% in the last three months, outperforming the 17% average gain of Singapore real estate stocks but underperforming the 33% increase chalked up by Ho Bee Investment over the same period.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper
    Got 7 waves in 7 years, just jump in during the 1st 5 waves lah.

Jump!
    Jump!
    Jump higher! Higher psf!
    What wave! This one is TSUNAMI lah!!!!

Buyer Guest

What wave! This one is TSUNAMI lah!!!!

Tsunami?
    Wah! This one is big one! Will go real high!
    Better buy more now!
    Thanks.