Page 91 of 93 FirstFirst ... 61667176818687888990919293 LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,730 of 2771

Thread: bartley residences

We all need to get permission together then bulk buy discount

Quote Originally Posted by gwlip View Post
    We all need to get permission together then bulk buy discount
    No need la, you go run for the management council, I'll vote for you... Haha

I may need both invisible grilles and glass curtains

Quote Originally Posted by Buckley81 View Post
    No need la, you go run for the management council, I'll vote for you... Haha

I may need both invisible grilles and glass curtains
    I second..haha..spotting more and more units with glass curtains in brand new devt that recently obtained TOP..

Just to add on, was speaking to one of the glass screens vendors.
    One of the condo they were installing even had to engage a professional engineer to ensure the balcony can bear the weight of the glass screen, this was requested by MSCT which is not pro glass screens at balcony.
    Did you get a cost estimate from them ? Look like it may cost more than 10k is the balcony is big.

At night can only see "Bartley"...

Quote Originally Posted by alfanutz View Post
    Did you get a cost estimate from them ? Look like it may cost more than 10k is the balcony is big.
    I got an estimated $7-9k quotation, depending on height of ceiling.
    Combined with invisible grilles quite a hefty sum... Think over 10k

Just to add on, they installing fridges for block 7a now..
    Saw one fridge sitting at the balcony...

I wonder if it is ok to replace the existing balcony sliding door to glass curtains ?

I wonder if it is ok to replace the existing balcony sliding door to glass curtains ?
    ? What would be the point of that?
    Do you mean remove the balcony sliding windows completely and have the glass curtains all around the balcony instead?

? What would be the point of that?
    Do you mean remove the balcony sliding windows completely and have the glass curtains all around the balcony instead?
    The glass curtains look much nicer than the sliding windows and will give a more spacious feel. When closed, there is no ugly borders on each individual piece of glass unlike the sliding windows. You can also open it and slide all the panels to one side unlike the sliding windows where you will end up with one panel on each side. Ultimately, it is aesthetic reason just like comparing it to those bi fold grille at balcony.

The glass curtains look much nicer than the sliding windows and will give a more spacious feel. When closed, there is no ugly borders on each individual piece of glass unlike the sliding windows. You can also open it and slide all the panels to one side unlike the sliding windows where you will end up with one panel on each side. Ultimately, it is aesthetic reason just like comparing it to those bi fold grille at balcony.
    Ah ok thanks for clarifying. Not sure if glass curtains are as waterproof vs siding windows due to the mechanism of closing though ..

Ah ok thanks for clarifying. Not sure if glass curtains are as waterproof vs siding windows due to the mechanism of closing though ..
    There's gap between the panels so it is not 100% water tight but unless someone was spraying water or it is heavy downpour with the wind blowing the rain against it, I think it should be ok as the gap is between 2 - 3mm. You can also affix translucent polycarbonate rain strips on the edges of the panels to achieve greater water tightnesss.

Actually I am asking about glass curtains replacing the sliding window because glass curtains at the balcony seem to conntravene URA guidelines and also it is not certainty that condo MC will agree to it. There is also the load factor of whether the balcony can handle the weight.

Actually the MC comprises all unit owners. And almost all units have balconies in B Resi... So... What you think?

Quote Originally Posted by cnud View Post
    Actually the MC comprises all unit owners. And almost all units have balconies in B Resi... So... What you think?
    so how should we go about getting the green light for Invisible Grilles and Glass Curtains?

so how should we go about getting the green light for Invisible Grilles and Glass Curtains?
    Just go ahead to install lah.. Alfanutz, you can get PE certification to install glass curtain, then jus slide glass doors aside and leave it there almost permanently. Or if you have the budget, change the sliding door to those that can slide-and-swing such that entrance can be fully opened. Or simply remove the glass panels altogether and keep it if you like to take the risk. Keep it because if in future, you want to sell, you can 'reinstate' back if the potential buyer ask for it..

I am certainly for glass curtain!

There's gap between the panels so it is not 100% water tight but unless someone was spraying water or it is heavy downpour with the wind blowing the rain against it, I think it should be ok as the gap is between 2 - 3mm. You can also affix translucent polycarbonate rain strips on the edges of the panels to achieve greater water tightnesss.

Actually I am asking about glass curtains replacing the sliding window because glass curtains at the balcony seem to conntravene URA guidelines and also it is not certainty that condo MC will agree to it. There is also the load factor of whether the balcony can handle the weight.
    With gap between glass panels when closed, the glass curtain does not obstruct airflow, hence does not contradict ura guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by SFZS View Post
    Just go ahead to install lah.. Alfanutz, you can get PE certification to install glass curtain, then jus slide glass doors aside and leave it there almost permanently. Or if you have the budget, change the sliding door to those that can slide-and-swing such that entrance can be fully opened. Or simply remove the glass panels altogether and keep it if you like to take the risk. Keep it because if in future, you want to sell, you can 'reinstate' back if the potential buyer ask for it..

I am certainly for glass curtain!
    Eh super expensive to install. If kena rejected by MC how?
    Supposedly the older condos tend to be more flexible on this but newer ones are stricter on having the facade affected

Removing and keeping the glass panels seem to be the most cost effective but need to spend cost to store the panels somewhere..

just receive the letter to request the last 5% payment and called developer to confirm the TOP 25% payment will be in end of July. So they can handover it to us on mid of Aug

Quote Originally Posted by zheyusg View Post
    just receive the letter to request the last 5% payment and called developer to confirm the TOP 25% payment will be in end of July. So they can handover it to us on mid of Aug
    Just called also as well. I think mid of August would be optimistic since they need to apply for licenses etc after TOP which may have delays.
    September would be realistic I feel..

Just called also as well. I think mid of August would be optimistic since they need to apply for licenses etc after TOP which may have delays.
    September would be realistic I feel..
    Correction, I got a call back from the Developer. zheyusg timing is correct. Probably could even be early August

Correction, I got a call back from the Developer. zheyusg timing is correct. Probably could even be early August
    A check in BCA website (https://www.bca.gov.sg/eservice/ListDetails.aspx) shows that BResi achieved TOP on 30 June 2015.
    Any chance to get the key in June/July?
    If I'm not mistaken, Sky Habitat owners get the key less than 2 months from TOP. TOP in May, get the key in June.

Eh super expensive to install. If kena rejected by MC how?
    Supposedly the older condos tend to be more flexible on this but newer ones are stricter on having the facade affected

Removing and keeping the glass panels seem to be the most cost effective but need to spend cost to store the panels somewhere..
    So what's the consensus?
    Are you guys going to the Le Gate presentation?
    Can we get similar presentation from the Glass Window vendor?

Quote Originally Posted by bvksie View Post
    A check in BCA website (https://www.bca.gov.sg/eservice/ListDetails.aspx) shows that BResi achieved TOP on 30 June 2015.
    If I'm not mistaken, Sky Habitat owners get the key less than 2 months from TOP. TOP in May, get the key in June.
    Based on the experience of my friend who bought H2O residences where it TOP on 22nd May 2015. Take note he may or may not be part of the 1st batch of owners who collected the keys.

Letter from developer conveyancing firm was sent 11th June 2015 asking for 6 months maintenance fee, survey fee and release of final 25% to be released by 19th June 2015.

Only after bank has released the fund and developer received it, then will you be able to arrange for key collection.

My friend collected his key on 29th June 2015. He could probably have collected it earlier but he was traveling.

I would think that the earliest the 1st batch can get their keys to BRes, could be from mid July onwards.

what is the survey fee? how much is the survey fee?

Quote Originally Posted by zheyusg View Post
    what is the survey fee? how much is the survey fee?
    Maybe it is for the TOP ?

It is $300 in the case of my friend.

Nice, finally TOP already!
    So looking forward to moving in

So what's the consensus?
    Are you guys going to the Le Gate presentation?
    Can we get similar presentation from the Glass Window vendor?
    I'm going for the LeGate presentation, hope to get good price.

I'm going for the LeGate presentation, hope to get good price.
    Me too. But don't we need to get permission from management before can order and install grill and glass curtains?

Me too. But don't we need to get permission from management before can order and install grill and glass curtains?
    I think for invisible grill, it is safe to say that it complies with URA requirement.
    Glass curtain is the one that is still uncertain.
    Maybe we can write specifically to URA and chase them to say 'yes' or 'no' for glass curtain?