Page 85 of 93 FirstFirst ... 55606570758081828384858687888990 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,550 of 2771

Thread: bartley residences

Took a glimpse of Bartley Ridge while driving on Bartley Viaduct from Tampiness to Bishan. The blocks are fast building but boy they are close to each other. Look cluttered to me.

Quote Originally Posted by willow View Post
    Took a glimpse of Bartley Ridge while driving on Bartley Viaduct from Tampiness to Bishan. The blocks are fast building but boy they are close to each other. Look cluttered to me.
    Don't get me wrong, i am not trying to criticise Bartley Residences. I am a future home owner there also. Don't you guys think that our blocks are also quite near each other?

Quote Originally Posted by virzone View Post
    Don't get me wrong, i am not trying to criticise Bartley Residences. I am a future home owner there also. Don't you guys think that our blocks are also quite near each other?
    Yes. So there's a price differentiation for those with unblocked views.

Quote Originally Posted by cnud View Post
    Yes. So there's a price differentiation for those with unblocked views.
    Nowadays hard to get truly unblocked for privacy. Older developments more likely.

Even if units face out, there is a chance that an adjacent development might "block". Some adjacent developments are built very very close to each other.

I would pay a premium to be truly unblocked, as I don't like to wear shirt at home. All the PSF can then be used to the max ++. As it is currently, I avoid parts of my living space near windows, which "reduces" the usable space.

Other mitigating measures will be to put some furnitures strategically or use curtains to block certain windows.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

The new Condo now in Singapore are more suitable for "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs"

Quote Originally Posted by zheyusg View Post
    The new Condo now in Singapore are more suitable for "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs"
    Can house eight persons already incredible.

I have written at length before on the reasons why the new generations require less space in general. I even counted the tiles in my home to come up with some measurements about the wasted space, some of which were only made redundant over the last 10-15 years.

• No altar - (10 to 20 sqft, 1m by 1m to 2m by 1m)

• No more CRTV and projection TVs, cumbersome sound projection systems - space saved from sofa to mounted TV (around 30 - 100 sqft, 3m by 1m to 9m by 1m depending on your living room length)

• No more large bookshelves - (each bookshelf 10 to 20 sqft, 2m by 0.5m to 4m by 0.5m)

• Other space savings - built in wardrobe, induction cooking, washer-dryer

On average a young person in a new 2-bedder needs at least 100 sqft less space than the 2 bedders of yesteryears (say 15 years ago). Smaller space easy to maintain lower airconditioning bills!

The only tricky part of the equation is having many babies and toddlers in the family. But people who need space generally can opt for HDBs and landed, or older condos to fulfil their space requirements. Personally I feel it is a short term situation - children grow up pretty fast!
    Last edited by Kelonguni; 16-04-15 at 09:56. Reason: List format edited
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Those who has a new condo can anytime downgrade to a bigger old resale condo or a resale HDB but those in hdb may not be able.

Seems July TOP very realistic, landscape completing nicely & believe final touch ups can be completed within May+June timeframe. Anyone already got quotes from ID for 3bedder?

Thanks for the pics! The trees and plants along the gate parallel to Bartley Rd are still very young and landscaping looks bare. Hopefully they will add more lush plants.

这么小的树苗,有损于花园城市的形象,开发商得好好反醒一下,争取向中国的房地产商学习,怎样搞好绿化

这么小的树苗,有损于花园城市的形象,开发商得好好反醒一下,争取向中国的房地产商学习,怎样搞好绿化
    Translation?

Nevertheless, IMHO, there is a primary difference between these 2 groups of developers - one group is building a Garden City and is staying put no matter what and the other group is building a Forest City and is leaving once there is no more benefit to reap. Regret if I bring anyone back to planet earth reality.

Just came back from china business trip, notice their condos have no aircon ledges, mounted type & connected cables were dangling from plain sight, also many units fitted with their own satellite dish with cables also dangling unsightly.
    Think their design architecture still have much catching up, rather than we following?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf View Post
    Just came back from china business trip, notice their condos have no aircon ledges, mounted type & connected cables were dangling from plain sight, also many units fitted with their own satellite dish with cables also dangling unsightly.
    Think their design architecture still have much catching up, rather than we following?
    What you saw in China was in small city or old Condo which of cause totally can't compare with Singapore standard, Please go to Shanghai and see these Condo projects which was built after year 2010. You will find what the standard they are. Compared with them, our Bartley residence is really too simple and too navie. I do not want to critisize Singapore but really hope Singaporean should maintain the high standard as past time.

By the way, I am just compared with same Condo level in Singapore and Shanghai because just happened to buy the Condo in both city.

What you saw in China was in small city or old Condo which of cause totally can't compare with Singapore standard, Please go to Shanghai and see these Condo projects which was built after year 2010. You will find what the standard they are. Compared with them, our Bartley residence is really too simple and too navie. I do not want to critisize Singapore but really hope Singaporean should maintain the high standard as past time.

By the way, I am just compared with same Condo level in Singapore and Shanghai because just happened to buy the Condo in both city.
    Then I'm curious - why do you move here and complain? Why not stay there and complement?

Quote Originally Posted by MrTan View Post
    Then I'm curious - why do you move here and complain? Why not stay there and complement?
    yes, I spent winter time in Singapore only. we should encourage foreigner to invest in Singapore even though they may have some different opinions with us. If there is no foreigner moving to Singapore. Do you think your property will worth million dollars?

you should allow people to speak out their opinions even though you disagree with it. It is not polite to ask them go back only they said something you don't like to hear. Anyway I am your future neighbour and holding the same passport with you.

yes, I spent winter time in Singapore only. we should encourage foreigner to invest in Singapore even though they may have some different opinions with us. If there is no foreigner moving to Singapore. Do you think your property will worth million dollars?

you should allow people to speak out their opinions even though you disagree with it. It is not polite to ask them go back only they said something you don't like to hear. Anyway I am your future neighbour and holding the same passport with you.
    I used to be proud of my passport. But thanks to your reminder, it now reinforces the point that it is more like a country club membership card now.

I allow people to speak out their opinions even though I disagree with it, but it has to be both respectful and considerate. It is definitely impolite for an invited guest to make sweeping negative remarks about his host.

Thanks to your reminder again, if there is no foreigner moving to Singapore, our property would not have been overpriced in the first place.

We encourage foreigners to invest in Singapore even though they may have some different opinions with us, as long as their opinions are both respectful and considerate.

Spending winter time in Singapore only? That's the point. It's a country club membership, not a country citizenship. Even if it is, it is only in form, not in essence.

Now what are the comments you make that are disrespectful and inconsiderate:-

1) "这么小的树苗,有损于花园城市的形象,开发商得好好反醒一下,争取向中国的房地产商学习,怎样搞好绿化"
    Are you moving in now? Are you assuming that the saplings will not grow into trees by the time it TOP and/or by the time you move in? Are you assuming that the new grass will not pollinate and cover the whole lawn by the time it TOP and/or by the time you move in? Damage the Garden City image? So saplings and new grass damage the Garden City image? So does it mean that reclaiming land, building islands and creating a Forest City in the narrow straits between Singapore and Malaysia is the way to go? So you are saying that Singapore developers should learn from China developers in how to go green? Isn't this a disrespectful inconsiderate negative sweeping demeaning statement?

2) "Compared with them, our Bartley residence is really too simple and too navie. I do not want to critisize Singapore but really hope Singaporean should maintain the high standard as past time."
    There are both Singapore developers and China developers in developing developments in Singapore. Why do you buy a Singapore developer development in Singapore and not a China developer development in Singapore? Unless you buy Bartley Residences with your eyes closed, you would have known its design, its layout and its specifications in the first place. Why buy it then in the first place and then now complain it is too simple and too naïve and then blame it on the developer and Singapore? Feel free to sell it if you are not happy with it. Do not make disrespectful inconsiderate negative sweeping demeaning statements about the developer (no one forced u to buy) and more importantly, the country. Not happy with the development, sell. Not happy with the country, leave. You are holding our passport now. You can do whatever you want. Your SSD will not be higher than ours. Congratulations.

Just a question of interest. Shanghai is more developed than Singapore. What is the range of RMBpsf of condos in Shanghai as I am a novice with property there? I know some are way above Singapore condos.

I think no one is stopping anyone from speaking their opinions. And I don't think you can stop him from doing that too. I'm not familiar with Shanghai properties, thus cannot comment and compare them to SG. Maybe can show us the one you vested in and show us how better it is compared to B Resi.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    Just a question of interest. Shanghai is more developed than Singapore. What is the range of RMBpsf of condos in Shanghai as I am a novice with property there? I know some are way above Singapore condos.
    starting from 50000RMB per squre meter (normal new developed condo) within inner city area (similar as Singapore area). It is continue to go up every year never drop.

Anybody can disagree with me but pls don't agrue with me. I am not interest to agrue with the person. I just make the comments to the Condo NOT to the country. But we should have the open mind to allow people have different opinion. thus we can make the progress. otherwise why we should have the oppsite party?

starting from 50000RMB per squre meter (normal new developed condo) within inner city area (similar as Singapore area). It is continue to go up every year never drop.

Anybody can disagree with me but pls don't agrue with me. I am not interest to agrue with the person. I just make the comments to the Condo NOT to the country. But we should have the open mind to allow people have different opinion. thus we can make the progress. otherwise why we should have the oppsite party?
    I have no interest to argue with the person too till the person brings the country into the picture. I agree that we should have an open mind to allow people to have different opinions but when opinions become twisted and distorted, then it's time to set the record straight. Or else it will not be progress but deterioration that we will make. On the point on opposition party, I'll keep it open since there's none from where the person comes from and it's challenging over here.

Quote Originally Posted by cnud View Post
    I think no one is stopping anyone from speaking their opinions. And I don't think you can stop him from doing that too. I'm not familiar with Shanghai properties, thus cannot comment and compare them to SG. Maybe can show us the one you vested in and show us how better it is compared to B Resi.
    you can search from internet or maybe have a holiday trip to Shanghai. Now it is spring time, you will feel good during your trip. On the way, maybe you can ask property agent to show you something intersted. If you have spare money, you can buy one. pls make sure don't buy a property in the countryside no matter how cheaper it is.

It is starting at about $1000psf. What is the rental yield? It will be valuable with so many young and aspiring middle to above middde income group coming on stream and the policy of consolidation and internal consumption. Understand that this group is equivalent to the US population.

you can search from internet or maybe have a holiday trip to Shanghai. Now it is spring time, you will feel good during your trip. On the way, maybe you can ask property agent to show you something intersted. If you have spare money, you can buy one. pls make sure don't buy a property in the countryside no matter how cheaper it is.
    Thanks.

But can Singaporeans buy Shanghai properties? With Shanghainese wife maybe?

I notice many condos from what I describe during the journey from my hotel by the bund to the office( near pudong) especially passing through the long bridges(forgot name). The newer condos should be far away from the financial districts as I didn't notice, any Picts?
    Anyway, my chinese colleagues did mention that property prices are still crazy & they still waiting for prices to drop further more, you mention prices keep increasing?

One thing must agree is Shanghai & other top-tier cities properties & goods is expensive, except dining which is still reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTan View Post
    I used to be proud of my passport. But thanks to your reminder, it now reinforces the point that it is more like a country club membership card now.

I allow people to speak out their opinions even though I disagree with it, but it has to be both respectful and considerate. It is definitely impolite for an invited guest to make sweeping negative remarks about his host.

Thanks to your reminder again, if there is no foreigner moving to Singapore, our property would not have been overpriced in the first place.

We encourage foreigners to invest in Singapore even though they may have some different opinions with us, as long as their opinions are both respectful and considerate.

Spending winter time in Singapore only? That's the point. It's a country club membership, not a country citizenship. Even if it is, it is only in form, not in essence.

Now what are the comments you make that are disrespectful and inconsiderate:-

1) "这么小的树苗,有损于花园城市的形象,开发商得好好反醒一下,争取向中国的房地产商学习,怎样搞好绿化"
    Are you moving in now? Are you assuming that the saplings will not grow into trees by the time it TOP and/or by the time you move in? Are you assuming that the new grass will not pollinate and cover the whole lawn by the time it TOP and/or by the time you move in? Damage the Garden City image? So saplings and new grass damage the Garden City image? So does it mean that reclaiming land, building islands and creating a Forest City in the narrow straits between Singapore and Malaysia is the way to go? So you are saying that Singapore developers should learn from China developers in how to go green? Isn't this a disrespectful inconsiderate negative sweeping demeaning statement?

2) "Compared with them, our Bartley residence is really too simple and too navie. I do not want to critisize Singapore but really hope Singaporean should maintain the high standard as past time."
    There are both Singapore developers and China developers in developing developments in Singapore. Why do you buy a Singapore developer development in Singapore and not a China developer development in Singapore? Unless you buy Bartley Residences with your eyes closed, you would have known its design, its layout and its specifications in the first place. Why buy it then in the first place and then now complain it is too simple and too naïve and then blame it on the developer and Singapore? Feel free to sell it if you are not happy with it. Do not make disrespectful inconsiderate negative sweeping demeaning statements about the developer (no one forced u to buy) and more importantly, the country. Not happy with the development, sell. Not happy with the country, leave. You are holding our passport now. You can do whatever you want. Your SSD will not be higher than ours. Congratulations.
    Quote - " Do not make disrespectful inconsiderate negative sweeping demeaning statements about the developer (no one forced u to buy)...." - Unquote

Wow. I am constantly amused by such voluntary policing or self-censorship imposed by certain individuals. Can't help but suspect their interests are vested with the property industry either agents or working with developers. Adults take personal responsibility for speaking out in forums and the risks are theirs to take. Some are really taking into the footsteps of SG govt paternalistic style trying to tell people what to say or what not to say? Well good luck with that.
    Last edited by stannes; 20-04-15 at 19:37.

Quote Originally Posted by stannes View Post
    Quote - " Do not make disrespectful inconsiderate negative sweeping demeaning statements about the developer (no one forced u to buy)...." - Unquote

Wow. I am constantly amused by such voluntary policing or self-censorship imposed by certain individuals. Can't help but suspect their interests are vested with the property industry either agents or working with developers. Adults take personal responsibility for speaking out in forums and the risks are theirs to take. Some are really taking into the footsteps of SG govt paternalistic style trying to tell people what to say or what not to say? Well good luck with that.
    Coming from you, I would say thank you very much. By the way, no commercial interest vested. Only national interest.

Quote Originally Posted by stannes View Post

Talking about Condo also got risk? Pls don't scare me. We are not in North Korea. Maybe we can change to China's forums. you can say whatever you like to say in their forums even you scold th China communist party or scold President Xi Jin Ping. There are no risk at all.

By the way, I think most of Singaporean are same as me with the open mind to accept the different opinion. Mr. Tan is a person who really love the country and I can understand that. Also I will forgive about his unpolite way of talking.

Talking about Condo also got risk? Pls don't scare me. We are not in North Korea. Maybe we can change to China's forums. you can say whatever you like to say in their forums even you scold th China communist party or scold President Xi Jin Ping. There are no risk at all.

By the way, I think most of Singaporean are same as me with the open mind to accept the different opinion. Mr. Tan is a person who really love the country and I can understand that. Also I will forgive about his unpolite way of talking.
    Negativity begets negativity. Positivity begets positivity. Unpolite begets impoliteness. Forgive begets forgiveness.