Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Guillemard Edge, Lor 30 Geylang, 275 units

Quote Originally Posted by icefish View Post
    Thanks! Mine is a 560 2-bdr. Haven't got the keys yet.
    Could be real small come to think of it now..

The swimming looks decent though.
    Hi neighbor, mine is a 560sqf 2 bedder too. May I know you bought for investment or own stay? Mine is for own stay

Quote Originally Posted by GE Purchaser View Post
    Hi neighbor, mine is a 560sqf 2 bedder too. May I know you bought for investment or own stay? Mine is for own stay
    I'm still deciding
    Happened to look through the rent quotation on propertyguru site, and I must say the rates are not very attractive nowadays.. Can't hit the 3k mark.

Glad to hear you will be staying there. Just alone or with your spouse?

OMG, cannot sleep tonight, cannot wait to rush down to take a look at the real unit ( curious how small it would be) but at this time they might reject the view. To be honest the swimming pool looks to me is not very pretty from the photos, lack some feelings. the colors are too simple and does not match well ( a bit boring).

Thank you for the photos how lucky you are. They let you in I also want to try my luck tomorrow although I haven't yet been informed of keys collection. Can't wait to see more. Btw. What is the height of the room? Are there many defects?
    I did not measure it, but i guess is about 3.2 meter without false ceiling. With ceiling board at kitchen area I think should be around 2.6 meter.

I think there should be quite a lot of defect. For my unit, it is not ready yet. Worker still patching up tile that is not properly done. I suspect there is water seepage issue.

I'm still deciding
    Happened to look through the rent quotation on propertyguru site, and I must say the rates are not very attractive nowadays.. Can't hit the 3k mark.

Glad to hear you will be staying there. Just alone or with your spouse?
    With my hubby. This little apparent is initially purchased for renting out more than own stay ( we are currently living in HDB) But I changed my mind as feeling not very good to let stranger use my brand new apartment. Hehe. So After renovated two of us will move in. Plan to stay for a few years then rent out. We are 小只, believe 560psf is adequate. Yeah I also notice the rent is rang 2.5k-2.9k a bit lower for a new flat.

With my hubby. This little apparent is initially purchased for renting out more than own stay ( we are currently living in HDB) But I changed my mind as feeling not very good to let stranger use my brand new apartment. Hehe. So After renovated two of us will move in. Plan to stay for a few years then rent out. We are 小只, believe 560psf is adequate. Yeah I also notice the rent is rang 2.5k-2.9k a bit lower for a new flat.
    Very nice

Looking forward to read your review on your new apartment!
    I don't think I be getting the keys so soon.. Not for another week or 2.

Very nice

Looking forward to read your review on your new apartment!
    I don't think I be getting the keys so soon.. Not for another week or 2.
    Must can lah, don't worry. Believe most of us can collect by next week as long as u already gave the cashier' order to lawyer last week. My layer told me she already reimbursed my cashier's order yesterday and normally need 3 days to process, so planning to call the guy to make appointment on next Thursday. Hope can get the key next Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by espeyap View Post
    I did not measure it, but i guess is about 3.2 meter without false ceiling. With ceiling board at kitchen area I think should be around 2.6 meter.

I think there should be quite a lot of defect. For my unit, it is not ready yet. Worker still patching up tile that is not properly done. I suspect there is water seepage issue.
    Great to know the height is not that low, but yours is penthouse must be a bit higher than our normal ones lah. Sigh. Still worrying......until the day see the real unit.

Sorry to know ur apartment have some inproper works. such problem should be temparary, all in all developer should know there must be many defects due to rushing so much for TOP and get them fixed without fail.

I also just try my luck, drive there and the Guard just open the gate for me , and I just drive in. Those units that are ready will be locked, but some units are not locked.
    Good to hear you got to walk around today.

The security was lax on Sat. The guard seem to be letting whoever that drove into the carpark without asking for unit number. I hope this is temporary and not a reflection of the security standard.

The penhouses are not ready yet, the doors are all over and I believe you would have seen some of them besides your own. Not sure what they doing with the tiling at the roof top, it is same for many penhouses.

Also noticed it very easy to see your neighbour when you stand at the jacuzzi area, however developer had given this some thought and staggered the jacuzzi such that it will not be side by side with your neighbour

here are some pics

Thank you very much for the photos...I am so excited now. Should be able to get my key.

Congratulation to all owners.

Thank you for the photos how lucky you are. They let you in I also want to try my luck tomorrow although I haven't yet been informed of keys collection. Can't wait to see more. Btw. What is the height of the room? Are there many defects?
    Hope you managed to get in today. False ceiling at dining to living area. i didn't measure the height but it's high enough.

Master room depth is 8ft as per plan, 7ft for bed and you left with 1ft between end of bed and walk.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by landex View Post
    Hope you managed to get in today. False ceiling at dining to living area. i didn't measure the height but it's high enough.

Master room depth is 8ft as per plan, 7ft for bed and you left with 1ft between end of bed and walk.
    Thank you. I not only successfully got in GE, but also successfully entered my unit ( luckily it was unlocked, but unluckily saw our toilet was used by someone, gross!).

Happy to find:

1. Room is actually quite livable, not that small as I imaged.

2. Living / dining / bedrooms height are 2.9-3.2m. not bad not bad.

3. Not as many defaults as I thought.

Sad to find:

1. Both bedrooms width are only 2.4m, we already ordered king size mattresses and bed frame. King size bed is 2.3m long, only left 0.1m for walking. OMG.

2. Width of my 3 balconies are only 80cm. You can imagine how narrow they are. Headache to seek small outdoor table / chair to fit in.

3. The heater of air com are located in a very small closed room outside my living room window which is quite lousy design compare to those unit with outdoor heater. Worried how many years my air con can last.

Anyway, the exciting feeling is surpassing disappointing. kitchen looks small but very decent and functional. Glad to see no indoor trash drop inside kitchen.

when u brought ur unit, u didnt check ur floorplan on the width of the balcony and masterbed room size? sldnt have deviated very much.

Thank you. I not only successfully got in GE, but also successfully entered my unit ( luckily it was unlocked, but unluckily saw our toilet was used by someone, gross!).

Happy to find:

Sad to find:

1. Both bedrooms width are only 2.4m, we already ordered king size mattresses and bed frame. King size bed is 2.3m long, only left 0.1m for walking. OMG.

2. Width of my 3 balconies are only 80cm. You can imagine how narrow they are. Headache to seek small outdoor table / chair to fit in.

3. The heater of air com are located in a very small closed room outside my living room window which is quite lousy design compare to those unit with outdoor heater. Worried how many years my air con can last.

Anyway, the exciting feeling is surpassing disappointing. kitchen looks small but very decent and functional. Glad to see no indoor trash drop inside kitchen.
    Thanks for the heads up! This is very informative

Bedrooms only width 2.4m?! Really how to walk now. LOL. Maybe a super single bed will do the trick.

Balconies only 80cm. Now I really need to think of how to utilize it. But I think most of the time is to hanging the laundry.

Happy to find:

Sad to find:

oh great you saw your own unit, surprised it is unlocked as i thought only the PH were unlocked.

Guess for your bed, if you can remove the headboard that would help, else eh you need to roll over your bed to get across

Personally for me, 80cm width for balcony is just nice, any bigger it would eat into my living room space.

For aircon, i think there is an exhuast system to channel the warm exhaust to 8 floor roof, not as good as outdoor facing units but hopefully wouldn't give your aircon any trouble.

Happy to find:

Sad to find:

What is your Unit facing? Those Units Facing Lor 30 or Pool facing toward Lor 30 will encounter afternoon sun. It is quite unbearable and very hot.

I was there again last Sunday too and do some measurement of my unit. Really quite hot.

What is your Unit facing? Those Units Facing Lor 30 or Pool facing toward Lor 30 will encounter afternoon sun. It is quite unbearable and very hot.

I was there again last Sunday too and do some measurement of my unit. Really quite hot.
    Will Casa Aerata be able to block your west sun?

For my apartment, I think it is blocked by a new building coming up, haven't gone down to see it around 3-4pm yet because I have already rented out my unit. Before the new building is built, the west sun shine right thru' our main door to the corridor. But if air-cond is on, actually the room is not that hot leh except that it is glaring but can always draw the curtains. Not to mention our S'pore hottest month around May, other than that, actually it is quite windy at times.

Happy to find:

Sad to find:

Your agent didn't mention to you that you can only put Queen size bed in your master bedroom? Luckily my agent told me, otherwise I think I will also buy King size bed.

The total width of your balconies is 80cm or each of them is 80cm?

Facing toward Lor 30 units are facing east right?

Quote Originally Posted by siewsphone View Post
    Facing toward Lor 30 units are facing east right?

Ya, correction, should be facing Lor 28.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng View Post
    Will Casa Aerata be able to block your west sun?

For my apartment, I think it is blocked by a new building coming up, haven't gone down to see it around 3-4pm yet because I have already rented out my unit. Before the new building is built, the west sun shine right thru' our main door to the corridor. But if air-cond is on, actually the room is not that hot leh except that it is glaring but can always draw the curtains. Not to mention our S'pore hottest month around May, other than that, actually it is quite windy at times.
    Sorry, there might have some misunderstanding with my expression. I did not buy a GE though I wish I'm also one of the owners.

Hi GE Owners, anyone collected keys this week ?

Quote Originally Posted by landex View Post
    Hi GE Owners, anyone collected keys this week ?
    I try to collect today, but they say no instruction given by HQ to release my unit. I believe, they are not ready yet. Anyway I will try next week. Likely to be next Saturday.

Went to check defect today. So far, so good. Some units facing pools are already furnished and with electricity. Pools are occupied even though 2pm/3pm. Carpark also half filled.

Gym is very very small. 2 treadmills, 1 cycle, 1 heavylifting and 1 more machine. Seem like gym, function room and reading room are not reading yet. Some tools (eg paintbrushes) are inside

espeyap, hope you get it on sat

Coffeelemonine, the swimming pool was full at 2pm ?