Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 271213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: The Infiniti (D5, Freehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Thanks dcool. needed some ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by toaler
    anyway just want to share my personal experience with the problems of staying too close to a highway.

i used to stay at telok blangah area and i started to have frequent allergic rhinitis every 2-3 days ever since they completed the telok blangah viaduct which was slated to be only a SEMI-expressway. i never knew that was the direct cause of my sensitive nose symptoms until i moved away... guess it wouldnt be such a good idea to get a home so near the expressway if you are an atopic person considering the time you spend at home will be far more than the few days the patients spend in NUH or the average 4 years the school kids spend in their respective schools.

but if you are not really that sensitive, i guess stubbing out ur cigarette is better than trying to stay clear of the PIE or AYE in helping you stay healthy
    Before viaduct was built, was traffic on Telok Blangah road much more sparse? As in, did the viaduct lead to a significant increase in traffic that caused the dust/exhaust or whatever that triggered your symptoms?

Or was it because the viaduct was 3 storeys high and so the dust was able to fly into your room? Vs before when it was on the main road.

Or is it a speed thing, i.e because cars are moving faster, there is more exhaust? Not too sure how this works though, since standing vehicles create standing exhaust.

Genuinely interested because this might help us to improve our situation as well. Thanks!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by dcool
    Hmm.. in that case they shouldnt have built NUH next to the AYE..all the sick people will be sick from the "health hazard fumes" you mentioned. And not to mention the schools or institute of learning along the whole stretch of expressway.. those poor kids must be suffering.. But so far none of the organization have moved from their current location for more than 10 years, so there is no need for concern.

Btw which football field did you play in that have the carbon fumes you mentioned ?
    I believe Singapore are surrounded by roads so no one is spared from this healt hazard but only the intensity. But I was surprised that the fume was so strong when I was on the field at St Wilfred. I suppose maybe I was penting then and was overly sensitive.

BTW, my comments are not meant to drive yr tenant away. Just yr share with you guys so that you may want to find way to mitigate it.
    Last edited by durian; 28-12-08 at 02:21.

Quote Originally Posted by durian
    I believe Singapore are surrounded by roads so no one is spared from this healt hazard but only the intensity. But I was surprised that the fume was so strong when I was on the field at St Wilfred. I suppose maybe I was penting then and was overly sensitive.

BTW, my comments are not meant to drive yr tenant away. Just yr share with you guys so that you may want to find way to mitigate it.
    Don't say anything negative about the infiniti. These people toiled their whole lives to save enough to buy a condo. they are very senstive to any negative comments.

But I do agree noise and air quality are problems that these owners have to deal with in the long run. About going swimming in that pool so close to AYE, I suggest the owners go there alone, and not take their kids, unless they want their kids to develop a respitory problems like asthma.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    Don't say anything negative about the infiniti. These people toiled their whole lives to save enough to buy a condo. they are very senstive to any negative comments.
    Hi stalingrad, I believe most of the people here (not just infiniti owners) are open to feedbacks on their property both good and bad. But i would appreciate if u don't comment on anyone's character especially if u don't even know the person.

Default Got My Keys

I got my keys last Friday. Francis Yap from FCL dealt with the handover which went quite smoothly. My unit is on the 9th floor facing AYE. With the glass sliding door closed, noise level is kept to the minimum. But if you open the windows, traffic noise is audible and especially if container trucks roar past AYE. Unless, the residence committee later decides that all units are allowed to "glass window" off the entire balcony section, the nosie level will be there. This can't be helped.

In terms of pollution level,it is quite OK from the AYE side. But the works at Botannia is blowing quite a bit of dust and sand to my bedroom facing Botannia. But I'm sure this will stop when the project ends.

As for the furnishings, the floor work is quite good. But watch out for the doors and kitchen cabinet, I found quite a number of dents. Anyway, since there is a guarantee period, you can have them changed. The pool area is very inviting. I'm sure my kids will enjoy it.

What I like best about Inifiniti is the unobstructed view. On a clear day, I could see the green of Bukit Batok Hills and Bukit Timah. It's quite soothing...

Default Would you like pictures of Infiniti from Monterey Park?

Hi

For more than a year, I have been looking at Infiniti being built level by level. My home in Monterey Park has a good view of the construction and I have also taken pictures of the different stages of construction.

Suddenly in the last two weeks I began to start seeing activities in some units! Aha, finally, this area is going to be more lively!

Welcome to West Coast!

If you would like to see photos of Infiniti from my perspective, do let me know. I will post some here!

Default rent

Anyone found tenants yet?

Quote Originally Posted by simonnav
    I got my keys last Friday. Francis Yap from FCL dealt with the handover which went quite smoothly. My unit is on the 9th floor facing AYE. With the glass sliding door closed, noise level is kept to the minimum. But if you open the windows, traffic noise is audible and especially if container trucks roar past AYE. Unless, the residence committee later decides that all units are allowed to "glass window" off the entire balcony section, the nosie level will be there. This can't be helped.

In terms of pollution level,it is quite OK from the AYE side. But the works at Botannia is blowing quite a bit of dust and sand to my bedroom facing Botannia. But I'm sure this will stop when the project ends.

As for the furnishings, the floor work is quite good. But watch out for the doors and kitchen cabinet, I found quite a number of dents. Anyway, since there is a guarantee period, you can have them changed. The pool area is very inviting. I'm sure my kids will enjoy it.

What I like best about Inifiniti is the unobstructed view. On a clear day, I could see the green of Bukit Batok Hills and Bukit Timah. It's quite soothing...
    I have been to many condos in East Coast and I think the mountain/landed house view of Infiniti is as soothing as sea view...
    Noise level is very low if the windows are closed as the glass is double layer laminated. With normal glass window, a house next to a minor road is much noisier than Infiniti.
    However, I agree that it will be better if we can get balcony covered with glass curtain. This way we can get the dinning area moved to balcony and the living room become more spacious.

Hi Eton,

I agree with you, the balcony area is a sizeable area. If we are allowed to seal off the area with glass windows, then we can level off the living room and the balcony and convert it to a dining area. Having dinner overlooking the hills sounds great. I'm not sure other tenants will agree though. I think some would prefer the sun and the open balcony.

As for the noise, my ID company likewise recommended double glass sliding door to seal off the traffic sounds. I think I'll do just that.

A Happy New Year to all tenants of Inifiniti ! Cheers.

yes! pls post the pics, grouchycabi. thanks for the welcome.. n let's not let the occasional reckless driver or thoughtless individual spoil the harmony of this booming area. huat ah!

hi, st88. i've recieved lotsa offers for rental from agents. can pass their contacts to u so they'll get off my back. wonder where they get particulars from. anyway, happy new year to all!

Quote Originally Posted by Edward
    hi, st88. i've recieved lotsa offers for rental from agents. can pass their contacts to u so they'll get off my back. wonder where they get particulars from. anyway, happy new year to all!
    Agents gotten your contacts from Caveats, if you picked up a housing loan. Yellow page too, as long as you have a home line. Been there before, nice place, love the glass window for the kitchen. Btw, happy new year to you too.

Default site

I was at the site today and a lot of owners have already collected the keys and checking out their apartments. Looks like it is going to be a fun place to live in.

Hi All. Would like to know what is the $$ psf for a 2 bedroom at Infiniti, low to mid floor going for. Anyone got info?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by highroller
    Hi All. Would like to know what is the $$ psf for a 2 bedroom at Infiniti, low to mid floor going for. Anyone got info?

Thanks.
    The 2bedrms are ard 750k. All the owners are rich Perhaps u can consider 3rm. You can get something at ard 800k

Quote Originally Posted by highroller

Thanks.

Cheapest i have is asking 715K, 915 sqft. Mid floor

Quote Originally Posted by code01
    The 2bedrms are ard 750k. All the owners are rich Perhaps u can consider 3rm. You can get something at ard 800k

3 room cheapest 1270sqft, 815k

Quote Originally Posted by Joe6816
    3 room cheapest 1270sqft, 815k
    Wah..I got a 3 room at Carabelle and bought it for 995k (770 psf/1292 sqft). But then again, I purchased it at subsale a year ago.. low floor somemore...long piah

Quote Originally Posted by ST88
    Anyone found tenants yet?
    Hi St88. Just met an agent today at Infiniti. Found out from him that he just rented out a 2 b/r unit at stack 18 for $3000pm.

Thought you might like to know. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad

But I do agree noise and air quality are problems that these owners have to deal with in the long run. About going swimming in that pool so close to AYE, I suggest the owners go there alone, and not take their kids, unless they want their kids to develop a respitory problems like asthma.
    Asthma? If it was that easy to develop asthma from living close to expressways, then I am wondering why I had asthma when i was a kid cos i never lived close to any expressway or heavy traffic when i was young. Bed (matresses and pillows) can cause asthma also, so r we gonna build clean rooms and sleep on hospital like environments?

Wat's the rationale?

Default rent

Thanks jsh. I have an agent already, in fact 2, who have found several potential tenants. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by dookie1459
    Asthma? If it was that easy to develop asthma from living close to expressways, then I am wondering why I had asthma when i was a kid cos i never lived close to any expressway or heavy traffic when i was young. Bed (matresses and pillows) can cause asthma also, so r we gonna build clean rooms and sleep on hospital like environments?

Wat's the rationale?
    you will not get "contract" asthma from living close to expressways but if you do have asthma, living close to an expressway will definitely cause more attacks. that's a proven fact.

Default Air is clean

Quote Originally Posted by toaler
    you will not get "contract" asthma from living close to expressways but if you do have asthma, living close to an expressway will definitely cause more attacks. that's a proven fact.
    You see any prime condo you will find them next to roads.

So by your logic all those living in Rivervalley or Orchard should move to Sembawang for clean air.

Do bus drivers and taxi drivers get respiratory problems? They live their whole life on the streets. Why aren't they wearing face masks?

Hi ppl, any idea any rental done other than the 2bedrm stack 18 at 3k? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dcool
    I thgt i post some of the defects i found after we check our unit, so that you guys will take note of yours when you check around.

Maybe me and my wife are picky but here goes :

MBR

1. Scuff marks on the parquet flooring ( 2 areas )
    2. Scratch marks on the toilet door
    3. Peeling off in the toilet cabinet ( inside the storage )
    4. Scratch marks on the MBR toilet black marble toilet top and baywindow

2nd Bedroom

1. scruff marks on the parquet flooring

Main toilet

1. Peeling off in the toilet cabinet ( inside the storage )
    2. Scratch marks on the bay window
    3. Waterproofing tiling in the shower cubicle not cleanly done
    4. Small chip on the marble table top of the basin

Living Room

1. Improper sealing of gap in betw tiles for 3 areas
    2. Chip on DB box laminated door

Kitchen

1. Glass window ( betw living rm and kitchen ) sealant on the outside not properly filled up
    2. Cupboard under kitchen sink strip in betw the 2 doors peel off
    3. Kitchen door behind with scratched
    4. Oven door with scruff marks
    5. Kitchen door tile filler not enough.

Fridge Power point

1. The current location of the plug point affects the width of the allowable space of our fridge dimension, so i asked the Centrepoint rep and Main contractor to relocate the point higher than my fridge height so that it will not eat into the width of the space.

The Centrepoint Rep and Main Contractor walked thru with us, and in fact the centrepoint rep (Mr Liang) picked up some defects that we thgt was not really critical or missed out. Mr Liang has informed us that contractually the defects will have to be rectified within 2 weeks after inspection. And if they complete it earlier, they will inform us and we will walk thru the inspection list again.

Overall the build quality of the unit was pretty much well done, i have notice some people have completed their reno and moved into their units for 39A

Good luck !
    Hi there, did u manage to get the contractor to shift the fridge plug for you? Wherre did you eventually re-locate it?

Quote Originally Posted by dookie1459
    Hi there, did u manage to get the contractor to shift the fridge plug for you? Wherre did you eventually re-locate it?
    According to the management the height of the power point for the fridge is actually dictated by fire safety regulations. However the main con did it for me. He did a very good job. He first removed the power point and replaced the wall tile that has drilled holes with a new one and shifted it slightly higher above the height of my fridge so the width of my fridge fits nicely into the allocated space. I suggest if you have not bought your fridge yet, take measurements of the space (Depth, Width and Height) before you commit into one. Bc i wanted a bigger fridge so the original power point location was the constraint.

Another defect was later discovered after i shifted in. For those who have not shifted in i suggest you check your washing machine drainage pipe. I had a big problem bc after i moved in my washing machine i found that the drainage was not flowing out fast enough when i drain my washing machine after washing my clothes resulting in a lot of water flowing back up from the drain pipe and flooding my kitchen. The management got some contractor to come and check and found that there was some cement partially blocking the exit point of the drainage ( mine is drainage hole under the sink ) so they chisel the cement chunks away at the exit point and the problem is solved.

Different units have different drainage layout. Check for the blueprint in the handouts that comes with the info of your unit when you receive your keys.

Alternatively, i suggest that before you position your washing machine into the location use the water supply tap, attach to a hose and connect it directly into the drainage piping and turn on the tap to fully open and see if the water flows back up the drainage pipe. If it does then it means you have the same problem as i did. Its not a big problem if you have space to do this check. Mine is a 2 bdrm unit in Blk 39B so my washine machine location is stowed under a hardtop table, which i am restricted to using only a front loading type, making it difficult to access the tap and drainage pipe behind unless i move the machine out. Which is quite a tough job bc its freaking heavy !

If yours is a 3 bdrm or bigger unit, your washing machine point should be open and easily accessible and shouldnt have my same problem of having to move the machine in and out to check the problem.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by code01
    Hi ppl, any idea any rental done other than the 2bedrm stack 18 at 3k? thanks
    Another one of stack 14 done at 3k yesterday

Default ADD CONDO 05 THE INFINITI 1,496 709 4+1 1,060,000 ( HIGH FLOOR ) $1.06M LISTED ON 03/

Came across this on SGexpats:

THE INFINITI 1,496 709 4+1 1,060,000 ( HIGH FLOOR ) $1.06M LISTED ON 03/02/2009

Is this considered a decent price. I do know that for a 4-bedder in botannia, you have to fork out at least S$750 psf.