Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 381314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: The Infiniti (D5, Freehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Quote Originally Posted by fire
    Came across this on SGexpats:

THE INFINITI 1,496 709 4+1 1,060,000 ( HIGH FLOOR ) $1.06M LISTED ON 03/02/2009

Is this considered a decent price. I do know that for a 4-bedder in botannia, you have to fork out at least S$750 psf.
    #0x-11 low fl just done at 618psf/925k. The price at 1060000 is high in this current market situation. Bank can match ard 640pf at this point in time. One good thing abt Infiniti 4rm is it comes with a junior masterrm as well
    You can consider carabelle as well. Botannia price is still higher currently.

Quote Originally Posted by code01
    #0x-11 low fl just done at 618psf/925k. The price at 1060000 is high in this current market situation. Bank can match ard 640pf at this point in time. One good thing abt Infiniti 4rm is it comes with a junior masterrm as well
    You can consider carabelle as well. Botannia price is still higher currently.
    thanks for your input....at 618psf - I think its quite decent. Correct me if I am wrong but I think Botannia 4 bedder has a jr. master too.

Quote Originally Posted by fire
    thanks for your input....at 618psf - I think its quite decent. Correct me if I am wrong but I think Botannia 4 bedder has a jr. master too.
    Im not very sure abt botannia. Anyone knows?!

I went to view a ground floor unit at the Infiniti. Whilst i like the overall fittings/layout, i find the rooms really really small. U think so?

Quote Originally Posted by chupachup
    I went to view a ground floor unit at the Infiniti. Whilst i like the overall fittings/layout, i find the rooms really really small. U think so?
    All the new condos are as such. You can go for those 10 yr old condo

Quote Originally Posted by code01
    All the new condos are as such. You can go for those 10 yr old condo
    I assume that its a 2bedder you are referring to? My wife and myself were interested in Botannia and almost put in an offer for the 4 bedder but decided to pullout the moment the subprime fiasco hit the fan. Right now, I am looking at Inifiniti as a cheaper alternative to Botannia...however, I never got the chance to view the place, so trolling around forums to gather whatever information I can.

oh i mean most of the newer condos have smaller rooms compared to the older ones. So if u need big rms, perhaps u can look for the older condo instead

Quote Originally Posted by dcool

Alternatively, i suggest that before you position your washing machine into the location use the water supply tap, attach to a hose and connect it directly into the drainage piping and turn on the tap to fully open and see if the water flows back up the drainage pipe. If it does then it means you have the same problem as i did. Its not a big problem if you have space to do this check. Mine is a 2 bdrm unit in Blk 39B so my washine machine location is stowed under a hardtop table, which i am restricted to using only a front loading type, making it difficult to access the tap and drainage pipe behind unless i move the machine out. Which is quite a tough job bc its freaking heavy !
    Hi, which washing machine did you buy? did you have to remove the top cover before you can slot the machine under the table?

Quote Originally Posted by ting18194
    Hi, which washing machine did you buy? did you have to remove the top cover before you can slot the machine under the table?
    I bought a samsung (WD1255 - i think thats the model) front loading washing machine. The height is just nice. Just have to make sure you plug in the power plug and connect the water supply to your machine and attach the drain hose from your machine to the drain pipe before pushing it under the hardtop table. Alot of strength is required as it quite heavy. What top cover are you referring to ?

Oh yeah one more thing, the power supply from the condo for the washing machine is using a round-3 pin plug, not the normal 3 pin plug. So you may need to change the plug yourself. You can buy the round 3 pin plug from any hardware shop and change it yourself. If not you may have to get someone to do it for you.

Hi,

Can someone help me... I'm wondering if there's false ceilings for the bedrooms... I bought a 2 brm unit at the infiniti. I understand that normally it's concrete ceiling, but i was using the measuring tape to hit the ceiling and it feels/sounds hollow....

Quote Originally Posted by xdax
    Hi,

Can someone help me... I'm wondering if there's false ceilings for the bedrooms... I bought a 2 brm unit at the infiniti. I understand that normally it's concrete ceiling, but i was using the measuring tape to hit the ceiling and it feels/sounds hollow....
    Mine is a 2 bedder and the bedrooms do not have false ceiling.

Hi,

I just confirmed w my ID whom went over to see... living, bedroom has false ceiling with a depth of 14 inch!

Hi,

I just confirmed w my ID whom went over to see... living, bedroom has false ceiling with a depth of 14 inch!
    Really !! how come my unit dun have ?? Mine definately dun have any false ceiling. Only the corridor betw the spare bdrm and Mtbrm has a false ceiling. None of my ceiling have. How come like that ??

Really !! how come my unit dun have ?? Mine definately dun have any false ceiling. Only the corridor betw the spare bdrm and Mtbrm has a false ceiling. None of my ceiling have. How come like that ??
    The only false ceiling is the part of the walkway towards the bedrooms and common bath for a 2 bedder as well as the bathrooms and kitchen. The area above the bedroom corridors are probably where most of the aircon ducting etc are being channelled which I think so. If you compare the lighting wiring (sticking out) for those with false ceilings (kitchen, bathroom, corridor) and those in the living room/ bedroom; it's obvious where the false ceilings are.

Hi,

May I know which ID are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by dookie1459
    and those in the living room/ bedroom; it's obvious where the false ceilings are.
    you mean the living room/bedrooms does not have wires sticking out?

The only false ceiling is the part of the walkway towards the bedrooms and common bath for a 2 bedder as well as the bathrooms and kitchen. The area above the bedroom corridors are probably where most of the aircon ducting etc are being channelled which I think so. If you compare the lighting wiring (sticking out) for those with false ceilings (kitchen, bathroom, corridor) and those in the living room/ bedroom; it's obvious where the false ceilings are.
    Yeah, mine also have false ceiling for those area you mentioned. I am very certain my living and my 2 bedrooms dun have false ceiling. I personally checked by knocking on the ceiling before i started reno of my unit.

Xdax,

did you purchase the unit as a resale or brand new from developer ?

If from resale, its possible that the previous owner could have fixed up the false ceiling before selling you the unit.

Quote Originally Posted by ting18194
    you mean the living room/bedrooms does not have wires sticking out?
    They do have wires sticking out of the ceiling but its from the trunking which are hidden by the cement over it.

Yeah, mine also have false ceiling for those area you mentioned. I am very certain my living and my 2 bedrooms dun have false ceiling. I personally checked by knocking on the ceiling before i started reno of my unit.

Xdax,

did you purchase the unit as a resale or brand new from developer ?

If from resale, its possible that the previous owner could have fixed up the false ceiling before selling you the unit.
    I purchased the unit sub-sale, but that was b4 TOP so it's not likely the previous owner fixed it up... My ID is from Artstrend @ Balestier. I was surprised too, as i knocked the ceiling it definitely did not feel like concrete... so i asked my ID to confirm...

Latest update for u guys, 2 units just got sold

I purchased the unit sub-sale, but that was b4 TOP so it's not likely the previous owner fixed it up... My ID is from Artstrend @ Balestier. I was surprised too, as i knocked the ceiling it definitely did not feel like concrete... so i asked my ID to confirm...
    Then lucky you ! You will save alot from revo.. Dun have to spend extra fixing up false ceiling... Hmm.. dookie1459, do you think we should go and ask the management abt this ? haha..

Then lucky you ! You will save alot from revo.. Dun have to spend extra fixing up false ceiling... Hmm.. dookie1459, do you think we should go and ask the management abt this ? haha..
    Need a ladder to climb up to check and start knocking on my ceiling. I have a very high ceiling ;-)
    Am going thru defects rectification now, wat a hassle it is. Going thru my inspection month end. Know for sure there will still be stuff to complain due to half cooked fixes.

How did yr ID determined it was 14" of false ceiling. Assuming that most ceilings are 3m in height, 14" is 356mm -- meaning yr current floor to ceiling height is only 2.6+m? And considering the false ceiling along the bedroom walkway is approx 2.45m or so, meaning you have a pretty flushed ceiling through yr unit... Funny leh... Can view yr unit or not? I also want to ask for free false ceiling then I can save $$ from my ID budget.. keke

How did yr ID determined it was 14" of false ceiling. Assuming that most ceilings are 3m in height, 14" is 356mm -- meaning yr current floor to ceiling height is only 2.6+m? And considering the false ceiling along the bedroom walkway is approx 2.45m or so, meaning you have a pretty flushed ceiling through yr unit... Funny leh... Can view yr unit or not? I also want to ask for free false ceiling then I can save $$ from my ID budget.. keke
    I wasn't there when my ID went to take a look, but that's what he said, i'm sure he wouldn't say there is if there isn't cos we'll be taking out the false ceiling proposal for the bedrooms in his quotation... less items to earn on his part lor...

I'll be there 2mr to inspect the defect rectification... let me know if u wanna take a look lol...

I wasn't there when my ID went to take a look, but that's what he said, i'm sure he wouldn't say there is if there isn't cos we'll be taking out the false ceiling proposal for the bedrooms in his quotation... less items to earn on his part lor...

I'll be there 2mr to inspect the defect rectification... let me know if u wanna take a look lol...
    my understanding is ... they dont provide false ceiling ...
    but some units, or some rooms in your unit may have false ceiling while others dont ...is becos builders have some trunking/wiring running over your ceiling ..so for those units/rooms they provide the false ceiling

Wish i could but i'm overseas now.

Need a ladder to climb up to check and start knocking on my ceiling. I have a very high ceiling ;-)
    Am going thru defects rectification now, wat a hassle it is. Going thru my inspection month end. Know for sure there will still be stuff to complain due to half cooked fixes.
    Hey, i have very high ceiling also. Hmm.. I think we maybe staying on the same level. ; )

Hi, is your ID Dale? We are considering him for our new place as well. Care to share his followup and workmanship? I find him to be rather frank and straightforward. But a little "attitude" but I'm not too bothered by this as I find him to be an interesting guy. Quite nice and easy to get along with.

Hey, i have very high ceiling also. Hmm.. I think we maybe staying on the same level. ; )
    Checked with developer, apparently levels 1, 11 and 12 have a naturally higher ceiling due to structural requirements (30cm higher than the other levels). Hence, units on these levels come with false ceilings. After the false ceiling, the floor-to-ceiling height is still at least 285cm. The usual lower ceiling for the corridor area outside the bedrooms stay the same, ie lower, hence it will not be a flushed look.

Quote Originally Posted by ng
    Hi, is your ID Dale? We are considering him for our new place as well. Care to share his followup and workmanship? I find him to be rather frank and straightforward. But a little "attitude" but I'm not too bothered by this as I find him to be an interesting guy. Quite nice and easy to get along with.
    Yes, after all my ID search i've finally decided to settle with Dale... i understand what u mean ; ) but he is a very nice guy actually. I feel that his ideas stand out from the rest and he is not afraid to tell you not to do certain things that you suggest or want in your plan unlike other IDs whom will just put it in to earn more. Pricing wise i feel it's reasonable. Followup so far ok... my ID work haven't started so i can't tell you about the workmanship, but i have confidence that it'll be good since Dale has experience doing ID for showflats.

Regards about the false ceiling, we checked with the guy from frasers, he mentioned that my unit has a slightly higher ceiling because of reasons pertaining to the structural support of the building so therefore there's false ceiling to maintain consistency with other units. So better knock your ceilings to confirm lol...