Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891419 ... LastLast

Thread: The Infiniti (D5, Freehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Default Re: The Infiniti (D5, Freehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Well, I usually see a lot of solar umbrella permanently opened, not many shelters. Good luck.

Unregistered Guest

Question Re: The Infiniti (D5, Freehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Any ideas if the last 4 units has been sold?

Registered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered

Dunno. Could be 3 now. Still available.

I was browsing the ST CATs today, Carabelle was asking for more than $800 psf, and Clementi Woods was asking $720psf. Wow !!

Unregistered Guest

Yeah, the guy was selling a 947 sf unit at Carabelle for 818,000. that works out to be $863 psf. he probably paid less than 640 psf. that works out to be a quick profit of 35%.

I wish him luck cuz if he can get that kind of quick profit, it is good for all of us.

Yeah, the guy was selling a 947 sf unit at Carabelle for 818,000. that works out to be $863 psf. he probably paid less than 640 psf. that works out to be a quick profit of 35%.

I wish him luck cuz if he can get that kind of quick profit, it is good for all of us.
    It would be good for all of us if this was our second/third property...Otherwise, it would be a bigger housing loan to service each time we buy and sell, if the upgrade continues!

Happy weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by steppy
    It would be good for all of us if this was our second/third property...Otherwise, it would be a bigger housing loan to service each time we buy and sell, if the upgrade continues!

Happy weekend!
    Since Infiniti is only going to TOP early 2009 or end 2008, I presume most owners here will still be holding on to their existing property (unless you are renting now), making Infiniti their 2nd property. So when the time is right, there is always the decision to sell either one of them. So a healthy upward trending is still a good thing, generally.

While we have gotten Infiniti to stay, rising prices is the assurance that it has been a good investment.

Fully sold out now. the showroom is closing next Mon. The weekend is the last chance to view it! Blk 19 is now 6 storey high...

That's great news !! Congrats to all owners here !!

Now we shall wait for Botannia to be sold out. It will certainly auger well for the area if they are sold out too.

I'm thinking to remove (or shift) a divider wall between the living room and one bedroom. Do you anyone have such experience or advice whether the developer & contractor accepts such special layout amendment from a purchaser? It will be great if the main contractor can do it at the initial build rather than getting a subcontractor to amend it later after TOP. Is it possible? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by St.
    I'm thinking to remove (or shift) a divider wall between the living room and one bedroom. Do you anyone have such experience or advice whether the developer & contractor accepts such special layout amendment from a purchaser? It will be great if the main contractor can do it at the initial build rather than getting a subcontractor to amend it later after TOP. Is it possible? Thanks.
    I think it can be done probably only during your renovation stage.
    I doubt the developer will entertain specific change like this, as then everybody may start asking for "special" stuff, which will inadvertently impact their completion date.
    Well, you can always try asking your agent or the lawyer that act for you.

You might have heard this before, if you intend re-sell it in the future after you have brought the wall down, it may be more challenging.

Unregistered Guest

Sure you can but you got to write in to FCL very quickly before the plans for yr unit is finalised. I have done this with the developer before.

Went down to the showflat just now. There were still a few families browsing, despite it being fully sold. Of course, there were some of us who have already gotten ours, who just want to have a look at the showflat before it is closed from Mon.

We saw an agent taking down the details of an interest buyer, probably trying thru sub-sale.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ht
    Went down to the showflat just now. There were still a few families browsing, despite it being fully sold. Of course, there were some of us who have already gotten ours, who just want to have a look at the showflat before it is closed from Mon.

We saw an agent taking down the details of an interest buyer, probably trying thru sub-sale.
    Isn't it odd. This project has been the slowest to sell off in the area. I remember not many were interested (esp those units facing AYE). Now people are looking at sub-sale. Times hv surely changed!

Sure you can but you got to write in to FCL very quickly before the plans for yr unit is finalised. I have done this with the developer before.
    thanks. I will do it asap. whom did you write in to? Was you charged for the alternation?

Pro-Infiniti Guest

thanks. I will do it asap. whom did you write in to? Was you charged for the alternation?
    I doubt they will entertain your request. If they do, do let us know.
    Good luck!

I am hoping that Infiniti can TOP soon....

Unregistered Guest

i didn't do it for this development. it was for another project.
    they charged me a small sum (think it was $2k+) coz I wanted the flooring of the room to match the hall. i thot it was reasonable then.

i wrote it to the sales mgr of fcl prop.

Isn't it odd. This project has been the slowest to sell off in the area. I remember not many were interested (esp those units facing AYE). Now people are looking at sub-sale. Times hv surely changed!
    funny, as we even overheard a couple who just came from Botannia, the wife was telling the husband : "this is better, I prefer this, freehold somemore, see told you to come earlier dun want, now no more!"

exactly our thoughts, the difference is that we came and got ourselves one before it was too late...

Was driving past the development, and observed that the pool area seems to be elevated above the AYE road level... is it true?

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ht
    Was driving past the development, and observed that the pool area seems to be elevated above the AYE road level... is it true?
    Yes, it is true. The whole development is elevated except for the jogging tracks.

Heard that there are already sub-sales in Infiniti, looks like people have found this gem a bit too late to buy from developer!

Yes, it is true. The whole development is elevated except for the jogging tracks.

Heard that there are already sub-sales in Infiniti, looks like people have found this gem a bit too late to buy from developer!
    did see some ads in the ST, but not sure if there were any transactions, and their transacted prices.

Looks like some of the other FH West Coast projects, such as Stellar, Foliage, Maylea, etc, were asking above 800psf !!
    I think even some Carabelle and Botannia were asking around this price.

Unregistered Guest

Hahaha, so funny, you guys all talking up this place and the condos you hope to sell at the price. Get real, westpeak is launching with more than 600units.

Unregistered Guest

Get real, we are getting real.

The parc, aka westpeak, is launching $800 psf or more. That would drive up the price of the infiniti and carabelle even higher.

haha, get real yourself.

Unregistered Guest

Get real, we are getting real.

The parc, aka westpeak, is launching $800 psf or more. That would drive up the price of the infiniti and carabelle even higher.

haha, get real yourself.

Get real, there will be oversupply problems everywhere in Singapore and West cost area is the worst area for mass condo projects in terms of oversupply, starting in 2010. Do wait for the last min to run for the exit!

Unregistered Guest

We are not running for the exit. We bought one to stay in. We like the price we paid, and I worked nearby.

We are not flippers. We are just happy that we got in before all the hell broke loose.

You are probably right, that there will be a price drop. But you might be wrong. In that case, you will probably priced out for the rest of your life and doomed to live in a HDB.

We wish you well.

Thumbs up Re: The Infiniti (D5, Freehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

We are not running for the exit. We bought one to stay in. We like the price we paid, and I worked nearby.

We are not flippers. We are just happy that we got in before all the hell broke loose.

You are probably right, that there will be a price drop. But you might be wrong. In that case, you will probably priced out for the rest of your life and doomed to live in a HDB.

We wish you well.
    dear friend, I could not agree with you more. I am just a humble little trader who got myself thrice enbloced lucky within 10 years. ( from 2000-2006 ). allow me to use my humble little knowledge in global economics and investing to support why I say your reason is the ultimate truth in investing.

1) after every drop in property prices in the economic cycle, the price will never drop to be lower than before the LAST drop. say for illustration:

1984 priced at S$800K
    1991 price dropped to S$700K
    1992 price up to S$1.2million
    1997 price dropped to only S$900K ( note the price will not drop beyond S$900K which is STILL higher than the previous price drop of S$700K)

that is the reason why many are consistently priced out of the property market after every economic cycle. and the same reasons why many owners are still able to hold their private properties during the last downturn up to the current upturn.

same reason why you cannot find a property now with the prices of 1960s,70s or 80s.

2) Many are saying that there is a supply crunch now. I tell you, it will be worse in 3 years' time. If not why is the government preparing the increase in land supply 3-5 years ahead and not now ? why dun they tackle the supply crunch now? Fact is, the supply problem will be even more serious 2-3 years down the road . That is why you see many developments TOP 2-3 years ahead than expected in a rush to counter this demand.come on, dun tell me u are smarter than the scholars in government ?

3) I said MP and Infiniti will be sold out 2 months ago and see what happened now. Now I am telling you Botannia will be sold out in 1 month's time or less. In real estate, there is no capping of demand spikesn as the momentum is simply too great when you coupled with foreign funds.

4) Many asked me why I moved from D9 to D5. The fact is simple- for the same amount of investment in equal dollars in D9, I shall get more than double payoff in initial investments in D5 in the runs up to 2010. I ( or,we are ) am booking a place here like what I did 10 years ago in D9.

to put in like what you mentioned in your post , all hell is yet to break loose ! dun forget, the infrastructure staffs, support staffs and the staffs of the IRs are yet to arrive here and we are already concern about the existing foreigner buyers here now...

JMHO.
    Last edited by blackjack21trader; 16-07-07 at 11:23.

Unregistered Guest

We wish you well.
    If you bought to stay, you are fine.
    The advice given by others to warn others not to speculate could be given with good intention, not necessarily because those individuals ddo not have a place to stay and have priced out of markets. Many I know who own more than one properties really do not appreciate the frenzy that was stir-up by speculators and developers. Be it stock or property markets, serious long term investors know, when the market in frenzy, it is time to get out.

Unregistered Guest

good intention is welcome. But some chatters say nasty things just because they are angry about missing out the gain. It is human psychology. It is these people that are hopeful that prices will drop and they will pounce when that happens. These people on the sideline will ensure that the price may drop, but not plunge.

I own an unit here but I too dislike the flippers and the frenzy speculative activities most recently this year, which I think is just disturbance to the market. Subsale hits historical high of >13% in last quarter. In D5, some 20% OneNorthRes units are currently being advertised for subsale at a *single* web. HDB resale rose nearly 3% quarterly and the 695K record-high transacted price for a 30-yr old unit was widely spread on media. The developer gets mad too -- FEO priced the remaining GardenVista units in D21 and LakeShore units in D22 above the subsale offering price, or more than double its own prices just half a yr ago. All these frenzy call for some government intervention sooner.
    I think most of us here buying for own stay or long term investment. We're certainly more than happy to see a steady & sustainable growth. But the speculative activities by foreign funds or greedy locals are just unhealthy and eventually may damage the market or even the economy.

Unregistered Guest

I own an unit here but I too dislike the flippers and the frenzy speculative activities most recently this year, which I think is just disturbance to the market. Subsale hits historical high of >13% in last quarter. In D5, some 20% OneNorthRes units are currently being advertised for subsale at a *single* web. HDB resale rose nearly 3% quarterly and the 695K record-high transacted price for a 30-yr old unit was widely spread on media. The developer gets mad too -- FEO priced the remaining GardenVista units in D21 and LakeShore units in D22 above the subsale offering price, or more than double its own prices just half a yr ago. All these frenzy call for some government intervention sooner.
    I think most of us here buying for own stay or long term investment. We're certainly more than happy to see a steady & sustainable growth. But the speculative activities by foreign funds or greedy locals are just unhealthy and eventually may damage the market or even the economy.
    I share your view.

What Singapore want is to attract investors with long term view and contribute to the steady growth of the economy, not short term hedge fund and speculative activity.