Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678131823 ... LastLast

Thread: The Infiniti (D5, Freehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: The Infiniti (D5, Freehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Wow, buying the Infiniti for Nan Hua? I admire you for being a good parent. But, you know what, sometimes doing less for your kids is good for them. Doing too much may actually do damages. I went to a neighborhood school, and I was with the worst students in the world. But I have turned out quite good. It is the genes that determine whether you will be successful or not. Going to good schools may help, but not much.

The question is do nan Hwa students excel in academics because they were born smart, or because the school adds value. I believe that first is a more important factor.

We bought Carabelle because I work nearby, and because we see value in the project. Nan Hua, if my kids get in, is just icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Wow, buying the Infiniti for Nan Hua? I admire you for being a good parent. But, you know what, sometimes doing less for your kids is good for them. Doing too much may actually do damages. I went to a neighborhood school, and I was with the worst students in the world. But I have turned out quite good. It is the genes that determine whether you will be successful or not. Going to good schools may help, but not much.

The question is do nan Hwa students excel in academics because they were born smart, or because the school adds value. I believe that first is a more important factor.

We bought Carabelle because I work nearby, and because we see value in the project. Nan Hua, if my kids get in, is just icing on the cake.
    It's just one of the reasons la. There are definitely other reason as well; like the west coast location , the feel of the condo design, finishing, value of the project, etc, etc.

What I wish for is a conducive environment for her, personally, I think peer influence is a key factor. For example, she is attending a private kindergarten now, while it is slightly more expensive, some of the kids that she attends classes with actually have some positive influence on her. The theory being that parents who are willing to spend a bit more for the child's education will probably pay more attention on their development as well. We though it is a good investment.

But I agree, we also should not overdo it, just to the extent that we think we have tried to make things better, within our means.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by St.
    Can anyone explain why this project has attracted much less attention than others in the same area (Carabelle, Botannia...)? Carabelle, also by the express way, is sold out in 1-2 months but this one has been there for sale for a year. Why?
    I think Carabelle sold fast because the booking fee plus initial partial payment is much lower, maybe only 5-10% for deferred payment scheme as compared to Infiniti and Botannia (which are 20%). More speculators and people who do not have the means might be attracted to the former.

I think Carabelle sold fast because the booking fee plus initial partial payment is much lower, maybe only 5-10% for deferred payment scheme as compared to Infiniti and Botannia (which are 20%). More speculators and people who do not have the means might be attracted to the former.
    Thanks. I didn't know this before. But it means more speculators go to Carabelle? It will be interesting to watch the subsale...

I am surprised that the West Coast Project actually attract speculators, as I thot they would only be keen on more prime areas.

I always think of pple who buy into this area as incidental investor, i.e., pple buying with the intention to stay but letting go when the capital gain become too irresistable.

I suspect the sub-sale for Carabelle will only heat up after both Botannia and Infiniti are sold out.

There are a few subsale ads for Carabelle & Infiniti units on the net but not many.

Also, Infiniti is advertised on today's newspaper again... From the illustrated 3BR-unit price, it's still about $610psf.

Hi ST,

can share where are they posted on the internet ? Curious if there is anypoint in sub-selling the infiniti at this point, when they are still units available at low 600 psf.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ht
    Hi ST,

can share where are they posted on the internet ? Curious if there is anypoint in sub-selling the infiniti at this point, when they are still units available at low 600 psf.

Thanks.
    Check this out: http://www.singaporeexpats.com/housi...05-sESTATE.htm 2 Infiniti units at around $700psf 2 Botannia units asking $770 - 900 psf !! 6 Carabelle units in the range of $740 - 800+ As compared to those hotcakes - 14 Clementiwood units at $570-770psf over 70 OneNorth Residence units, most at $1000+

Thanks.

Been to this website before, price posted are on the high side generally.

If Carabelle can close with these pricing, the rest of ther west coast project won't be too far off....

just wait for supply in the area to run out ... demand will drive the prices.

Despite e asking price - agreed its no meaning until transacted, it shows for e # of speculators at D5: OneNorth >> ClementiWood >> Carabelle > Infiniti. this seems to support e theory above in this thread for why Carabelle sold out faster

Unregistered Guest

Is always better to get your kid into a better school as majority of schools except the private ones costs the same in term of school fee. If you can get your kid into a better one within your mean, you should. Is not a Singapore thing, people all over the world does that. Whether they make it or not is another thing as you know you have tried your best. I bought Infiniti not only because of the school but also because is closer to my husband's workplace and town area. I think the price to get into that school is reasonable unlike some schools in Bukit Timah. [/QUOTE]

Is always better to get your kid into a better school as majority of schools except the private ones costs the same in term of school fee. If you can get your kid into a better one within your mean, you should. Is not a Singapore thing, people all over the world does that. Whether they make it or not is another thing as you know you have tried your best. I bought Infiniti not only because of the school but also because is closer to my husband's workplace and town area. I think the price to get into that school is reasonable unlike some schools in Bukit Timah.
    I agree, it was a nice icing on the cake on top the rest of the likeable things about Infiniti.
    The key factor has to be its value for money.

Pro-Infiniti Guest

Is always better to get your kid into a better school as majority of schools except the private ones costs the same in term of school fee. If you can get your kid into a better one within your mean, you should. Is not a Singapore thing, people all over the world does that. Whether they make it or not is another thing as you know you have tried your best. I bought Infiniti not only because of the school but also because is closer to my husband's workplace and town area. I think the price to get into that school is reasonable unlike some schools in Bukit Timah.
    [/QUOTE]

Yup, agreed. Staying near to the school will shorten the travelling time for the kids too.
    Good luck to all of you in your attempt to get your kids into NanHua.

FYI, I was near Infiniti yesterday & pop-in to check how much units were left. As of yesterday 2pm, only 14 units left!

Unregistered Guest

That is untrue. Carabelle sold faster because of its better location and because of its lower pricing. Also, shape of the estate is more appealing than that of the Infiniti, which is triangular and somewhat awkward.

80 to 90 percent of the buyers chose the regular payment scheme, so the issue you raised about the deferred payment scheme is irrelevant.

Unregistered Guest

That is untrue. Carabelle sold faster because of its better location and because of its lower pricing. Also, shape of the estate is more appealing than that of the Infiniti, which is triangular and somewhat awkward.

80 to 90 percent of the buyers chose the regular payment scheme, so the issue you raised about the deferred payment scheme is irrelevant.
    just curious, How do you know 80-90% chose the regular scheme? Are you sure the information is accurate?

Unregistered Guest

to be precise, 85% of the buyers of Carabelle chose the normal payment scheme, rather than the deferred one. It was in the papers when the issue of whether deferred payment plans encourage speculation was hotly debated. I am sure you can find the article on line. Just google.

We bought Carabelle, and we never even considered the deferred payment scheme. We bought Carabelle in a flash. We visited the show flat in the morning. and we went to sign the contract in the afternoon. I guess we are impulsive buyers, and described by my mother in law as "buying properties like buying Chinese cabbages in the wet market."

Unregistered Guest

to be precise, 85% of the buyers of Carabelle chose the normal payment scheme, rather than the deferred one. It was in the papers when the issue of whether deferred payment plans encourage speculation was hotly debated. I am sure you can find the article on line. Just google.

We bought Carabelle, and we never even considered the deferred payment scheme. We bought Carabelle in a flash. We visited the show flat in the morning. and we went to sign the contract in the afternoon. I guess we are impulsive buyers, and described by my mother in law as "buying properties like buying Chinese cabbages in the wet market."
    FYI, newspapers are not known for accrucacy for any information published there. Professionals who know this best and take advantage of this for their own gains are politicans and folks in the advertising lines.

Pro-Infiniti Guest

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder!
    On the contrary to your above statement, I think Infiniti layout is unique. Carabelle layout is very typical of any condo.

just wondering what you mean by cheap, bcos it is always relative... mind sharing what psf are your refering to as cheap?

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Infiniti
    Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder!
    On the contrary to your above statement, I think Infiniti layout is unique. Carabelle layout is very typical of any condo.
    I agree, I did not see carabelle, but after visiting both Botannia and Infiniti, my wife and I were convinced Infiniti was alot more appealing. but I am sure there will still be those who thinks Botannia is "exquisite", if not why do you think they pay that much more !!

If you bought Carabelle 'like buying chinese cabbages', I wonder whether you actually compared the two projects before making your comment above. Did you mean that the ave. psf of Carabelle is cheapter than that of Infiniti? Do you mind to share your figures supporting the comment?

Unregistered Guest

Yes, we looked at Botannia first, Carabelle second, and then the Infiniti in one morning. Then, we went home, got the check book, and went back to Carabelle.

But when we arrived, someone else was interested in the same unit that we were interested in, and had already given the IC and check to the developer. So, we were out of luck. The agent suggested another unit, my wife said "not too bad, what do you think?" I said "what the hell, let's take it." So, the whole thing took only 5 minutes. Funny thing is, another couple also wanted the unit, and they already agreed to buy, ahead of us. But they did not bring their IC's. So the developer sorta told them to "step aside." That is why we got it. That is why my mother in law, who was there too, said the "cabbage" thing.

yeah, we bought it in a flash. But we have no buyer's remorse. The more we think about it, the more we like the unit we bought. It is better than the one we were interested in originally. But it is actually better.

We paid less than $600 per square foot. And it is pool facing, and a safe distance from the AYE, and using the Infiniti as a noise shield.

I actually like Botannia better, but it is more expensive than Carabelle. Also, Botannia is next to an empty plot of land, which will be developed soon, I believe.

Update:

Infiniti left with 4 units, only the 3+study available now.

Av psf now $650psf.

they just increased another 2% last monday.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ht
    Infiniti left with 4 units, only the 3+study available now.
    WOW!!!! What are the facings left?

2 facing Carabelle (02-26, 03-26), 1 pool facing (stack 16, high floor), can't remember the last one...I think it is stack 15, near the entrance.

Pro-Infiniti Guest

Looks like it will be sold out this weekend!

Does anyone have idea about its color code? the sales brothure puts white & brown but the building shown on newspaper ad looks dark red...

Unregistered Guest

I bought a ground unit with Patio. I am thinking of having a simple shelter to provide some protection falling objects for my kids when they are playing there. Heard that the management may not approve it. Can you anyone give some advise? This will be my first time staying in a condo.

Thanks.

I bought a ground unit with Patio. I am thinking of having a simple shelter to provide some protection falling objects for my kids when they are playing there. Heard that the management may not approve it. Can you anyone give some advise? This will be my first time staying in a condo.

Thanks.
    If you meant the huge solar umbrella, I think that's fine and quite popular in many condos. But if you're talking about kind of permanent roofing, it is likely explicitly prohibited at the Sales & Purchase Agreement... some rules, regulations and by-laws with regards to the open-air PES / balcony / terrace may be applicable.

Unregistered Guest

Unhappy Re: The Infiniti (D5, Freehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Quote Originally Posted by St.
    If you meant the huge solar umbrella, I think that's fine and quite popular in many condos. But if you're talking about kind of permanent roofing, it is likely explicitly prohibited at the Sales & Purchase Agreement... some rules, regulations and by-laws with regards to the open-air PES / balcony / terrace may be applicable.
    If I permanently have the solar umbrella opened, isn't it the same as a permanent roofing?
    I thought of making a transparent/translucent shelter will look nicer & more blend with the surrounding....
    Some agents I asked say that I can try to write in to MC, subject to approval. While others told me not to write in, just build it. As long as there is no complain & too eye sore, MC will not be care. But if you write in, they sure reject as most of them do not want to be held responsible.

I hope I need not need to use the solar umbrella.....