Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567121722 ... LastLast

Thread: The Infiniti (D5, Freehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Default Re: The Infiniti (D5, Freehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Thanks.

Looking at one of the pool facing 3BR units for 622psf.

Still can't figure why is Infinity the cheapest around the area... is it size of the condo area, seems to be a point that Botannia (its fiercest competitor) been driving at in its ad that it has a wide expanse of area.

St. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    I saw all three together with my friends. But he bought Infiniti before Bontannia was launched. After seeing Carabelle & Botannia, we all agreed that Infiniti finishing is better and more value for money.
    BTW, he actually bought the unit to be close to Nan Hua Primary.....
    I agree too. Infiniti is better in interior & layout among the three projects. I'm very impressed for its master bathroom, like 5-star hotel... everywhere (wall, floor & vanity top) finishing with natural granite or marble. Its exchanging the bathtub for a larger shower cubicle is also more practical in my opinion -- I know it's personal, some like bathtub but some never use it!

I think Infiniti is apparently more value for money as it is selling cheaper now while tenure, interior etc. are better and maybe more important the TOP is sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by ht
    Still can't figure why is Infinity the cheapest around the area... is it size of the condo area, seems to be a point that Botannia (its fiercest competitor) been driving at in its ad that it has a wide expanse of area.
    not to-scale... i hope the info is accurate.

Thanks St., very informative indeed.

I guess that's why Botannia has been bragging about its space in its ad.

Between Carabelle and Infiniti however, they are pretty comparable.

Overall, infiniti still better value

Just bought a 3BR unit today !!!!

Pond and pool facing. $600psf

Remaining units are going pretty fast, heard they will be upping the price from mon. So grab myself one before it's too late.

Boeingdriver Guest

So the high price of Botannia is helping Carabelle and Infiniti to sell their units...

Quote Originally Posted by Boeingdriver
    So the high price of Botannia is helping Carabelle and Infiniti to sell their units...
    actually, there is something local buyers missed out on:

1) The size of Singapore is nothing compared to cities like Tokyo or New York. So, price wise, it should filtered out from the central core to outer regions like west coast or east coast in a very rapid manner.

2) If you talk about a worldclass city, the whole of Singapore has to be worldclass.

3) The foreigners want the best of both worlds- a city with solid infrastructure coupled with nature like our neighbours can provide by taking a yatch ride.

So, it will be a matter of less time you see price jump like what u are seeing now. My humble opinion is even MP will be snapped up in a blink of an eye very soon. I dun think Botannia has anything to do with what you are seeing now.

a few months later, dun say i never tell u har....

If u think otherwise, please do not hesitate to hammer my little post here

JMHO

Cya later, alligators....
    Last edited by blackjack21trader; 02-06-07 at 18:49.

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    actually, there is something local buyers missed out on:....

a few months later, dun say i never tell u har....

do you mean that prices of Infiniti, Carabelle, will climb, even beyond Botannia's ?

Unregistered Guest

Remaining units are going pretty fast, heard they will be upping the price from mon. So grab myself one before it's too late.

Congratulations!
    May I know how many units are left when you bought it?

Unregistered Guest

May I ask which floor is your unit on? I thought they are selling at 650 PSF. 600 psf seems quite reasonable.

May I ask which floor is your unit on? I thought they are selling at 650 PSF. 600 psf seems quite reasonable.
    I got the 2nd floor, the few pool facing ones left were all 2nd floor. That explained the low psf I got.

Not sure the exact numbers left, probably low 20s. As it started with 30 in the morning, and I saw a few pple dishing out cheques and signing OTPs.

just got an SMS, developer just raised price by 2% !!

Pro-Infiniti Guest

just got an SMS, developer just raised price by 2% !!

Looks like the developer is confident to clear the balance units. Hurray!
    HT, did you ask your agents about your concerns on the road noise?

congrats Guest

Congrats HT! You finally got one for yourself....

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Infiniti
    Looks like the developer is confident to clear the balance units. Hurray!
    HT, did you ask your agents about your concerns on the road noise?
    Centrepoint Homes is aware of the noise hazard and potential stigma, and had apparetly employed acoustic engineer to study into the noise abatement measures, which include:

- fence and thick vegetation shielding the development to reduce sound travel from the road
    - thicker double glazed windows for those units facing the pool and AYE
    - angled facing of the blocks to reduce trapping and amplification of noise between the blocks
    - minimum of 25m between the nearest point of any block to the road
    etc.....

In any case, as I have taken the 2nd floor, I will be overlooking the nice eco pond and kid's pool, without a view of the AYE, and noise should also be kept to minimal, as it travel upwards.

got a sms from the agent that Collier's Interational predicts that psf in the the area will reach 800 by Q4 !!

Pro-Infiniti Guest

Smile Re: The Infiniti (D5, Freehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Centrepoint Homes is aware of the noise hazard and potential stigma, and had apparetly employed acoustic engineer to study into the noise abatement measures, which include:

- fence and thick vegetation shielding the development to reduce sound travel from the road
    - thicker double glazed windows for those units facing the pool and AYE
    - angled facing of the blocks to reduce trapping and amplification of noise between the blocks
    - minimum of 25m between the nearest point of any block to the road
    etc.....

In any case, as I have taken the 2nd floor, I will be overlooking the nice eco pond and kid's pool, without a view of the AYE, and noise should also be kept to minimal, as it travel upwards.

got a sms from the agent that Collier's Interational predicts that psf in the the area will reach 800 by Q4 !!

Wow! If it really reach 800 psf, I am wondering whether to realise my gain or not!? I bought a ground unit with a nice patio near the lap pool. Welcome to the Infiniti Club!

I think the Infiniti will certainly make a great home to stay, if the "prediction" turns out right, then it's gonna be a little headache for us, but I think I welcome this kind of headache anytime !!!

Unregistered Guest

Keep on dreaming in your dreamland...zzzz..zzz..

Unregistered Guest

We looked at all of them: Botannia, Carabelle and the infiniti. We bought Carabelle. We just don't like the proximity of the infinit to the AYE, no matter how reassuring the sales lady tried to be.

Carabelle will use the Infini as the noise screen, but the price is actually lower.

Unregistered Guest

There will always be pros & cons on anything. Infiniti is near to highway but it also means that it is more convenient with the side gates to the bus stop. It's finishing is better than Carabelle & price more attractive. It's condo layout is more unique while Carabelle & Botannia are more "conventional". You probably either like it or hate it....

A portion of Carabelle also face the highway and the finishing is not as good as Infiniti & Botannia.

Unregistered Guest

We bought a unit in the west end facing the pool, thus we have two noise screens, the unit behind ours and the Infiniti. Plus, our price psf is quite low, lower than the average and much lower than some of the flippers are asking for nowadays.

We bought a unit in the west end facing the pool, thus we have two noise screens, the unit behind ours and the Infiniti. Plus, our price psf is quite low, lower than the average and much lower than some of the flippers are asking for nowadays.
    I think you are one of the lucky ones that got Carabelle at a good price, given it was sold off within such a short period.

I did not get to see Carabelle, as I was still holding on to my other unit, which I just sold recently, before getting Infiniti.

Mind sharing what psf you bought? and how much are the flippers asking?

Actually, I think that it doesn't matter which developement you are staying, as long as the overall av psf in the area increases, everybody will stand to benefit. That's why I do hope that Botannia get sold off soon too.

Unregistered Guest

Just talked to CDL. They just raised the price for Botannia by 4% on average. but it is not clear from the original price or last week's discounted price.

We bought Carabelle for less than 600 psf. The flippers are asking for 800 psf now. I cannot believe that difference. too fast too soon. It is just some flippers tyring to make a fast buck. they will get it or not. who knows?

We are not flippers, and we will live in it, as I worked nearby. and my sons will go to Nan Hwa after top. They can walk there. It is just across the overpass.

We looked at all of them: Botannia, Carabelle and the infiniti. We bought Carabelle. We just don't like the proximity of the infinit to the AYE, no matter how reassuring the sales lady tried to be.

Carabelle will use the Infini as the noise screen, but the price is actually lower.
    Congratulation! I hope you enjoy staying in as well as value appreciation. But be nice to your neighbours. Whichever you bought, the ave psf of nearby projects is somehow tied up together. As someone said in another thread that there is only one West Coast project. However, the psf of an individual unit depends on many factors -- floor, facing, layout besides the effective area. It doesn't make sense to compare on individual psf without taking into consideration all other factors...
    Last edited by St.; 05-06-07 at 19:02.

Just talked to CDL. They just raised the price for Botannia by 4% on average. but it is not clear from the original price or last week's discounted price.

We bought Carabelle for less than 600 psf. The flippers are asking for 800 psf now. I cannot believe that difference. too fast too soon. It is just some flippers tyring to make a fast buck. they will get it or not. who knows?

We are not flippers, and we will live in it, as I worked nearby. and my sons will go to Nan Hwa after top. They can walk there. It is just across the overpass.
    I am also planning to send my daughter to Nan Hwa, when are you admitting your son?
    seems like the possibility of phase 2C (<1km) balloting is pretty high, at least that was the case last year, given that it is a pretty good school and high residential density around the area. sigh.....

Unregistered Guest

Sorry to say this but this area is going to be so crowded... Monterey, Carabelle, Infiniti, Botannia and soon HL...all big developments.... Geee!!!

on the contrary, I thot it might bring more life to the place. As it is, Monterey Park seems rather "lonely" now...

with more people, we might even see more amenities being brought to the neighbourhood...

this is nothing compared to areas like Hillview or even the East Coast

Unregistered Guest

I am also planning to send my daughter to Nan Hwa, when are you admitting your son?
    seems like the possibility of phase 2C (<1km) balloting is pretty high, at least that was the case last year, given that it is a pretty good school and high residential density around the area. sigh.....
    Well, they say we parents have to be volunteers for school activities for our kids to be admitted. Well, my wife has asked to start doing that in 2009. I have two more years of leisurely life to go. haha!!

But seriously, I really doubt that Nan Hua is special. I don't any schools are special. So, I won't lose sleep if my kids are not balloted in.

Does anybody have news or update about the two nearby amenities: Ginza plaza (redevelopment), and (new) Clementi bus interchange?

Well, they say we parents have to be volunteers for school activities for our kids to be admitted. Well, my wife has asked to start doing that in 2009. I have two more years of leisurely life to go. haha!!

But seriously, I really doubt that Nan Hua is special. I don't any schools are special. So, I won't lose sleep if my kids are not balloted in.
    I did not bother about worrying when I have more than 2 years, now that she will be admitting in 2009....you wonder if you are short-changing them by not trying enough....in fact that is one of the reason I got Infiniti.