Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The Infiniti (D5, Freehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Quote Originally Posted by eton
    Anyone still have the photos of the showroom? I want to see how they design the curtain for the 3 sides baywindow - the windows at the left/right side are only 350mm wide how do they fit the curtain...
    Do you have some tips to share on the curtain contractor, design, price, etc...
    To me seems like roman blind is the best for all windows as it won't block the view. what do you think?
    In the 2 bedroom showroom, they used roller blinds for each individual window plane. So in other words, 3 roller blinds for each window. 2 same length and 1 longer one for the center. I got the photo of the windows which i took inside my phone, and thats what i see.

The bluetooth on my notebook is not working so i cant transfer the pict to post here.

I am getting my uncle to take measurements for my place this saturday. He does blinds and curtains. And yes, roman blinds are the most ideal for the bedrooms, as suggested by him. Will let you know the approximate cost for the blinds and curtains but i will ask him for the price he will normally quote for walk in customer. Cant compare his price to me to that price lah.... nephew mah..

Default Rental

Yes perhaps it would be above SGD3 psf. I was comparing with Monterey Park which on average is about SGD2.50 psf.

My personal opinion is for you to grab anything above SGD2.75 psf and lock it up for 2 years.

Its turning ugly out there

Quote Originally Posted by ST88
    Yes perhaps it would be above SGD3 psf. I was comparing with Monterey Park which on average is about SGD2.50 psf.

My personal opinion is for you to grab anything above SGD2.75 psf and lock it up for 2 years.

Its turning ugly out there
    Very wise.

hi all,

Wat do u guys think... Wat's a reasonable budget for renovating a 2 bedroom?

Quote Originally Posted by xdax
    hi all,

Wat do u guys think... Wat's a reasonable budget for renovating a 2 bedroom?
    depends on what u do mate... are u hacking the flooring/ kitchen cabinent etc?

Nah... just doing the rooms and living room... maybe changing the flooring for my balcony/planter...

Hi all! Heard from friend living along ECP that speed detector, which slows down traffic and reduces noise level, was installed after numerous complaints about noise. There's another one along NUH presumably for the same reason. Maybe we can try....

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dcool
    In the 2 bedroom showroom, they used roller blinds for each individual window plane. So in other words, 3 roller blinds for each window. 2 same length and 1 longer one for the center. I got the photo of the windows which i took inside my phone, and thats what i see.

The bluetooth on my notebook is not working so i cant transfer the pict to post here.

I am getting my uncle to take measurements for my place this saturday. He does blinds and curtains. And yes, roman blinds are the most ideal for the bedrooms, as suggested by him. Will let you know the approximate cost for the blinds and curtains but i will ask him for the price he will normally quote for walk in customer. Cant compare his price to me to that price lah.... nephew mah..
    Thanks. You are so lucky.
    some residents have moved in already, I saw some kids in the pool last Sunday. How can they be so fast? I am trapped by the curtain/lights/TV/HT/fridge/deco works.... but it is worth for the beautiful views look out of the window. I like roman blind because it won't block the view

Quote Originally Posted by Edward
    Hi all! Heard from friend living along ECP that speed detector, which slows down traffic and reduces noise level, was installed after numerous complaints about noise. There's another one along NUH presumably for the same reason. Maybe we can try....
    I drive along AYE everyday going to Jurong Island. The average speed in front of Infiniti is 60 to 80km/hr so don't think a speed reduction would help much. I am thinking if we shall cover the balcony with glass wall- it will reduce noice and not block the view. Technically it is practical - we just need a PE or architect to submit the plan for BCA approval. As an experienced engineeer I am sure the structure is safe for this minor A&A work.
    It is just an immature idea for discussion...

I drive along AYE everyday going to Jurong Island. The average speed in front of Infiniti is 60 to 80km/hr so don't think a speed reduction would help much. I am thinking if we shall cover the balcony with glass wall- it will reduce noice and not block the view. Technically it is practical - we just need a PE or architect to submit the plan for BCA approval. As an experienced engineeer I am sure the structure is safe for this minor A&A work.
    It is just an immature idea for discussion...
    The glass would have to cover the railing as well, and with the extensive balcony, it's not going to be cheap, otherwise it's a good idea, as I may even contemplate putting the dining set in the balcony...if you found out the cost, and feasibility, I would certainly like to hear more about it.

Doing glass wall and having dining in the balcony can stretch the space. How's it immature? If the price can be lowered thru bulk, it'll interest many.

Heh.. hope those kids dun pee in the pool.. cos i've not got my keys yet!

Doing glass wall and having dining in the balcony can stretch the space. How's it immature? If the price can be lowered thru bulk, it'll interest many.

Heh.. hope those kids dun pee in the pool.. cos i've not got my keys yet!
    Glad you like the idea. Maybe we should propose in the committee meeting and keep an eye on the similar project around to find out the cost. Make it a design and build contract (i.e. the experienced contractor engage consultant to design and build the whole thing) would be more cost saving option. Further the total number of Infiniti is 300+ and half is facing AYE, so believe the size of project would be quite attractive to many contractors in year 2009.

Hope you can move in and join us soon. As I know only when the resident's occupation rate reaches 40% the shuttle bus (first year free) will start operation.

Thanks. You are so lucky.
    some residents have moved in already, I saw some kids in the pool last Sunday. How can they be so fast? I am trapped by the curtain/lights/TV/HT/fridge/deco works.... but it is worth for the beautiful views look out of the window. I like roman blind because it won't block the view
    Hi Eton,

yeah i am also surprised that some residents already moved in. I understand some of the residents from blk A have already completed their reno and moving in this mth. I mean, dun they have any defects to rectify ? Or maybe i am too picky and had to get them to fix very little crack and crevices ?

May be i help you with some of the things that you may need.

Lights : you can drop by Chelsea Lights at Blk 353 Jurong east #01-117, their lights are reasonably priced and have alot of designs to choose from. I got all my lights and ceiling fan from there.

Tv : Check out Samsung LCD Tv from Best Denki in Imm, or Harvey Normam. Samsung is having freebies with purchase of their LCD tv, such as Fridge, HTS or robinson vouchers. I got my samsung 40' LCD Tv and chose the Fridge as freebies, so solved 2 problem with one buy

HTS : Pioneer is having some super low prices for their old models (but really good ! ) system in Imm Best Denki. Last weekend, they were selling a 7500w standing speakers system at only $399!! I have been eyeing that model for a while but unfortunately the standing speaker doesnt go with my Living deco so i hav to get the newer model HTZ-373 (only 4500w) at $499. All Pioneer HTS purchases comes with a free 2m long HDMI cable.

Deco/ ID : I got a interior designer firm to do my interior and selected a vendor to do my wood decking.

For curtains and blinds : I can recommend my uncle if you are interested. He has been in the biz for many years, i used to help him out during my army days when i was younger so i know his quality and standard. PM me if you are interested.

Glad you like the idea. Maybe we should propose in the committee meeting and keep an eye on the similar project around to find out the cost. Make it a design and build contract (i.e. the experienced contractor engage consultant to design and build the whole thing) would be more cost saving option. Further the total number of Infiniti is 300+ and half is facing AYE, so believe the size of project would be quite attractive to many contractors in year 2009.

Hope you can move in and join us soon. As I know only when the resident's occupation rate reaches 40% the shuttle bus (first year free) will start operation.
    Actually Botannia behind us is using glass for their balcony. Maybe can check with their main con for estimates. Actually i would love to have the ugly fence changed into glass. Btw i noticed that you mentioned that you drive to Jurong Island for work, you working in there ? I go into JI quite often also to meet my customers. I working in Tuas area.

Actually Botannia behind us is using glass for their balcony. Maybe can check with their main con for estimates. Actually i would love to have the ugly fence changed into glass. Btw i noticed that you mentioned that you drive to Jurong Island for work, you working in there ? I go into JI quite often also to meet my customers. I working in Tuas area.
    I would think that you may have to keep the metal grill at the balcony, as removing it would change the facade of the bulding quite a bit, which may not be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by ht
    I would think that you may have to keep the metal grill at the balcony, as removing it would change the facade of the bulding quite a bit, which may not be allowed.
    yeah... i reckon so too..

Thanks, Eton. Will support if proposal is put thru.

Hi, dcool. Can post pics of your wood decking n blinds?

Hi, dcool. Can post pics of your wood decking n blinds?
    After i have completed my reno, i will put up picts.

Hi Eton,

yeah i am also surprised that some residents already moved in. I understand some of the residents from blk A have already completed their reno and moving in this mth. I mean, dun they have any defects to rectify ? Or maybe i am too picky and had to get them to fix very little crack and crevices ?

May be i help you with some of the things that you may need.

Lights : you can drop by Chelsea Lights at Blk 353 Jurong east #01-117, their lights are reasonably priced and have alot of designs to choose from. I got all my lights and ceiling fan from there.

Tv : Check out Samsung LCD Tv from Best Denki in Imm, or Harvey Normam. Samsung is having freebies with purchase of their LCD tv, such as Fridge, HTS or robinson vouchers. I got my samsung 40' LCD Tv and chose the Fridge as freebies, so solved 2 problem with one buy

HTS : Pioneer is having some super low prices for their old models (but really good ! ) system in Imm Best Denki. Last weekend, they were selling a 7500w standing speakers system at only $399!! I have been eyeing that model for a while but unfortunately the standing speaker doesnt go with my Living deco so i hav to get the newer model HTZ-373 (only 4500w) at $499. All Pioneer HTS purchases comes with a free 2m long HDMI cable.

Deco/ ID : I got a interior designer firm to do my interior and selected a vendor to do my wood decking.

For curtains and blinds : I can recommend my uncle if you are interested. He has been in the biz for many years, i used to help him out during my army days when i was younger so i know his quality and standard. PM me if you are interested.
    We are also busy at defect rectification. Just confirmed curtain contractor yesterday after comparing 3 quotations. So far most of our reno and furniture are confirmed. Thanks for your infor.

Good idea. Let's find out more infor.
    I work in Jurong Island. Think many of Infiniti residents work in JI or Tuas area. Glad to know you here.

Latest just in for ur info.. #0x-17 3rm 1302sqft sold at 625psf

Hi dcool, can u recommend me your ID and vendor for wooden decking? I should be getting my keys early Jan...

Quote Originally Posted by xdax
    Hi dcool, can u recommend me your ID and vendor for wooden decking? I should be getting my keys early Jan...
    Hi my ID website is here :

http://www.dyeldesign.com/

Her ideas are refreshing and daring. So if you are looking for unconventional concepts and ideas, you may look for her. But if you are the conservative type, then i suggest you look for some other ID. She pays alot of attention to the details. The other ID shortlisted before i decided on Dyel Design was Orange Cube. Their designs are also quite good. But its was Dyel's unconventional ideal that bought me over, plus her design helped me resolve my space problem.

Decking you can look for Ronnie at

http://www.eyotacreation.com.sg/

I asked 3 vendors to come to my place to take measurements and give me quotations. Only Ronnie came on time and give genuie practical advise and also the most patience with my constant questions. The other 2, one forgot the appointment made, and other other did so much sales talk and badmouthing other vendors, i was a bit turned off. I finally decide on Ronnie to do up my place. But Ronnie will be going for a short holiday with his family tmr, will be back only after the new year. So prob you may have to contact him after new year.

My reno will only start next week. My ID is trying to get it ready before CNY. The defects rectification has not been completed but the management will run thru the list with us to agree on the things that have been completed and will be cleared from the list, while the rest will continune with my reno on-going.

Good luck on your reno. Remember to see a few IDs and see which gives you the most from your budget and whose ideas you like the most before you sign on any agreement or contract.

Derek

I'm not a resident here but I'm wondering whether a development close to a highway will be getting all the exhaust fume and CO? I was having a soccer game on a football field located beside PIE and I can smell the exhaust and carbo monoxide during the whole game. It's Really a health hazard. Hope you guys don't have the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by durian
    I'm not a resident here but I'm wondering whether a development close to a highway will be getting all the exhaust fume and CO? I was having a soccer game on a football field located beside PIE and I can smell the exhaust and carbo monoxide during the whole game. It's Really a health hazard. Hope you guys don't have the same problem.
    Its no different than those condos beside the ECP. They are also quite close to the expressway especially Sanctuary Green & Costa Del Sol. Maybe you should find out from them as they have lived there for quite some time already.

Hmm.. in that case they shouldnt have built NUH next to the AYE..all the sick people will be sick from the "health hazard fumes" you mentioned. And not to mention the schools or institute of learning along the whole stretch of expressway.. those poor kids must be suffering.. But so far none of the organization have moved from their current location for more than 10 years, so there is no need for concern.

Btw which football field did you play in that have the carbon fumes you mentioned ?

Hmm.. in that case they shouldnt have built NUH next to the AYE..all the sick people will be sick from the "health hazard fumes" you mentioned. And not to mention the schools or institute of learning along the whole stretch of expressway.. those poor kids must be suffering.. But so far none of the organization have moved from their current location for more than 10 years, so there is no need for concern.

Btw which football field did you play in that have the carbon fumes you mentioned ?
    anyway just want to share my personal experience with the problems of staying too close to a highway.

i used to stay at telok blangah area and i started to have frequent allergic rhinitis every 2-3 days ever since they completed the telok blangah viaduct which was slated to be only a SEMI-expressway. i never knew that was the direct cause of my sensitive nose symptoms until i moved away... guess it wouldnt be such a good idea to get a home so near the expressway if you are an atopic person considering the time you spend at home will be far more than the few days the patients spend in NUH or the average 4 years the school kids spend in their respective schools.

but if you are not really that sensitive, i guess stubbing out ur cigarette is better than trying to stay clear of the PIE or AYE in helping you stay healthy

If you can smell carbon monoxide, you already have a serious problem.
    Can you smell CO2 also? What does that smell like?

CO is colourless, odorless in case you can't use google.

And, I'm so sick of these trolls trying to make our property look bad. Is the rent in the nearby projects so bad that they have to resort to such means to drive potential tenants to consider theirs?

Now the best way to deal w such situations is to ignore the troll...

Just went to my place again today. Wow,, I saw this unit in Blk C already done with people living inside!

My contractor and curtains lady coming to install next wk, and then furniture is the wk after. Moving 1-2 days before furniture comes because of constraints in taking leave from work. Bo pian gotta sit on ikea chairs for a couple of days until sofa and dining table comes in. Likewise for bed frame, haha throw mattress on floor first.

Swimming pool looks damn inviting. Can't wait to take my kiddo for his first dip.

Thanks, durian and toader. I guess u guys r not infiniti owners, yet u care enuff to join the thread n share advice with us.
    Sigh.. i agree. Smell and noise can be a problem... especially when the occasional rubbish trugs pass by.