Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Parc Rosewood Fragrance Land

Quote Originally Posted by AL3X
    Bought mine at 442+k, 2nd flr, pool view (2nd biggest pool).
    A colleague said I stoopid.
    If u still know ur colleague in 4 years time or when i sell my unit .....u will be having the last laugh ... He will be sayin he stuppid to not buy

Quote Originally Posted by Vinze
    Ripple /

1. Near beach - joggin distance to beach 2mins
    2. Downtown east
    3. Opps seastrand shld be a future shopping center **disclaimer ** just saying
    4. Changi biz park
    5. Airport / aircrew - engineers - pilots - ST aero
    6. 4th uni STUD
    7. Changi biz park
    8. The list goes on ....
    9. Low psf ...
    10. EC near by will booast sales in future
    11. Need more ????
    PRW /

1. JB CHEAP FUEL!

Guess all Properties will have pros n cons,it really depends u like it or not.

For me i won't stay in East area no matter wat. That just me.

If purely for investment , why not!

Quote Originally Posted by price
    haha actually u can work backwards lar, if geylang's MM can cost 500k, -10% for FH factor, - another 10% for proximity to mrt/town, ur prw is indeed quite exp

How can parc RW be exps when a 2rm 2i hdb (1rm 1hall flat )
    Is selling for 280k +-

420k - 440k = 120k more den hdb === very good buy btw,

Same size 42sqm vs 40sqm

Is selling for 280k +-

Same size 42sqm vs 40sqm
    2rm HDB 280k? why dont u take new BTO since this is a NEW PC too? 90+k for 2 rm brand new.

Is selling for 280k +-

Same size 42sqm vs 40sqm

Oh sooo you are saying next time rent 2k p.m also? Let me calculate 2k x 12 = 24k / by yr purchase of 440k = 5.45% wow you have tan tio

but hey hey look at neighbour rosewood suites n surrounding condos. rosewood suites 2.87 psf rental / unit multiply by 1 bedder 431 sq ft == puny 1236.97 rental / mth, gross rental yield is only 1.94%

but nvm I give the 1 bedder 3.5 psf / month since it is small, now we are at 1508.50 rental / month. Oh so your gross rental yield is 4.11%, you cross 4%

Good or bad you decide.
    Affordable means small

Quote Originally Posted by yjcai
    Oh sooo you are saying next time rent 2k p.m also? Let me calculate 2k x 12 = 24k / by yr purchase of 440k = 5.45% wow you have tan tio

but hey hey look at neighbour rosewood suites n surrounding condos. rosewood suites 2.87 psf rental / unit multiply by 1 bedder 431 sq ft == puny 1236.97 rental / mth, gross rental yield is only 1.94%

but nvm I give the 1 bedder 3.5 psf / month since it is small, now we are at 1508.50 rental / month. Oh so your gross rental yield is 4.11%, you cross 4%

Good or bad you decide.
    yayy 4% is good clap clap

Good or bad you decide.
    i nv bought it for its rental yield --
    so yup ! enough said

im alr looking to sell it off -- but just to counter ur objections;

PRs, foreigners Are already price out from buying properties, do u think rental will drop in future ??

population target @ 5.5mil by 2018
    yet the FT cant buy property, do u think they will be stayin on the streets ?

HDB 3 rm flat renting for 2.2k-2.4k , do u not think rental of a 1 bedrm will hit minimum of 1.5-2k ??

2 cents worth,

dont worry, the min mu unit gets sold, i will let u guys know

when i bought waterfront keys @ 750psf in 2009dec
    ppl were sayin i crazy ... nov2010 sold @ 980psf ..
    same thing ... ppl were saying rental -- who will rent there, so many condo etc etc

point is ; buy within ur means & u must have holding power

Good or bad you decide.

Dont mean to step down this project but i dont think wdl can fetch such high rent. Just cross the bridge and you will find upscale condos in JB near customs. (e.g tropez residence, orchid view, aloha) and the key point is the price differential is just way too huge to be ignored (for e.g. orchid view condo 5-10mins from CIQ costs RM400K for a 1500 sqf unit whcih is like SGD170k) .. compare this with prw 4xx sqf at SGD400+.

Of course it may be silly and grossly wrong to compare property in msia and spore .. but these are all facts and this simplistic comparison allow us to understand why generally wdl area cannot be priced high ..unless one day, JB property (esp those in city close to CIQ) rises to such extent and close the price gap vs property in wdl enough to convince ppl to without hesitatation choose to stay in wdl over jb.

jsut my personal tot

so yup ! enough said

PRs, foreigners Are already price out from buying properties, do u think rental will drop in future ??

HDB 3 rm flat renting for 2.2k-2.4k , do u not think rental of a 1 bedrm will hit minimum of 1.5-2k ??

2 cents worth,

same thing ... ppl were saying rental -- who will rent there, so many condo etc etc

IRAS come after you yet?

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    Geylang MM is proven and 2k is no sweat, muz see if parc a rose can hit comparable rates
    You mind sharing which development you are referring to for the 2k rental?

There are many MM developments in Geylang now but none has T.O.P. so I don't think there are any reliable indicators on MM rentals in the area currently.

I have been to many showflats there and the agents were all saying 2k no problem, but when I probed further they can't offer concrete data for Geylang but rather quoted rentals of MMs in guillemard road, Mountbatten area.

However, if you have driven around the area, you will find that Mountbatten area is very different from the "heart of geylang" in terms of living environment. Those Geylang MMs launched last year in the "heart of the red-light districts are the FIRST of its kind in the area. It remains to be seen if an expat who can afford 2k rental will want to stay in that environment.

Similarly for PRW, no comparable indicators as the area does not have 1-bedders currently. Demand is not proven yet too.

Oh wtf 09 waterfront keys. fwah if history repeats 6th av resid, one north, caspian, clift, double bay already, why waterfront
    Affordable means small

so yup ! enough said

2 cents worth,

If we have a population growth rate of just 2%, we will hit 5.5 million in 2015. Assuming the government caps the non-resident population increase at 80k per year, then we might need about 700 additional condo units for rent per month. The PR number has already stabilised so there is no net additional rental demand from this group. It is good for the landlord that the ABSD stops the tenants from buying new condos else the rental market will weaken. Rental wise I suspect it might challenging for you because there are many units that TOP together due to faster than expected TOP dates.

Moreover there is a clear oversupply of condos for self-stay, and your selling price is quite high for that area at this point in time, I conclude that you will have problem off-loading in the next 2 years. If I'm wrong, I will congratulate you.
    Last edited by hyenergix; 14-03-12 at 08:22.

Oh wtf 09 waterfront keys. fwah if history repeats 6th av resid, one north, caspian, clift, double bay already, why waterfront
    Guess wat he meant was any property even something like ParcRosewood will make $$ as long as the same thing happens from 09-now

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    IRAS come after you yet?
    I think SG has no capital gain tax.

I think SG has no capital gain tax.
    There's income tax

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Keh
    You mind sharing which development you are referring to for the 2k rental?

There are many MM developments in Geylang now but none has T.O.P. so I don't think there are any reliable indicators on MM rentals in the area currently.

I have been to many showflats there and the agents were all saying 2k no problem, but when I probed further they can't offer concrete data for Geylang but rather quoted rentals of MMs in guillemard road, Mountbatten area.

However, if you have driven around the area, you will find that Mountbatten area is very different from the "heart of geylang" in terms of living environment. Those Geylang MMs launched last year in the "heart of the red-light districts are the FIRST of its kind in the area. It remains to be seen if an expat who can afford 2k rental will want to stay in that environment.

Similarly for PRW, no comparable indicators as the area does not have 1-bedders currently. Demand is not proven yet too.

Foremost I am not vested in PRW.
    Next door rosewood suites 1 bedder @ ~600sf rented at $2000-$2400.
    Maybe u want to check carefully before commenting next time?

There's income tax
    Yes, there's income tax but you do not need declare property gain in your return...

Yes, there's income tax but you do not need declare property gain in your return...
    Precisely why he asked if IRAS came after him.

Many cases where IRAS goes after u for ur "CG" as income if u were trading properties.

Precisely why he asked if IRAS came after him.

Many cases where IRAS goes after u for ur "CG" as income if u were trading properties.
    got such thing meh? as long as u have no property tax / GST arrears and stamp duty fully paid, why would they want to go after u?

got such thing meh? as long as u have no property tax / GST arrears and stamp duty fully paid, why would they want to go after u?
    google 'property trader'

Well then i think u should read up more in this forum .

If i'm a full time millionaire making my money all from trading do u think i need to pay tax?

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page04.aspx?id=152

Gains from sale of property

Generally, the gains derived from the sale of a property in Singapore is not taxable as it is a capital gain.

When is it taxable

When a person is deemed to be trading in properties, the gains from the sale of property in Singapore is considered taxable income. Whether a person is deemed to be carrying on a trade will depend on individual circumstances.
    To determine if a person is trading in properties, IRAS applies a set of guidelines known as the "badges of trade". IRAS considers the facts of each case against the criteriaof the "badges of trade" to determine whether the gains are taxable.
    Examples of the criteria are as follows:
    • Frequency of transactions (buying and selling of properties)
    • Reasons for acquiring and selling of property
    • Financial means to hold the property for long term
    • Holding period

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Adva181
    PRW unit is 431sft, can compare with 600sft unit? Rental rate per sqft will have to be much higher for a PRW unit to hit 2k rent. On other hand, if we use rosewood suites' per sqft rental price to apply to PRW, then the rental price will be less than 2k? That is why I said no suitable indicator.

I am vested in PRW and certainly hope that my unit can fetch at least 2k per mth in rental.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Keh
    PRW unit is 431sft, can compare with 600sft unit? Rental rate per sqft will have to be much higher for a PRW unit to hit 2k rent. On other hand, if we use rosewood suites' per sqft rental price to apply to PRW, then the rental price will be less than 2k? That is why I said no suitable indicator.

I am vested in PRW and certainly hope that my unit can fetch at least 2k per mth in rental.
    Normally smaller unit psf yield higher rental psf n the psf rental for RWS is based on avg including bigger units. People still count 1b as 1b, even if 1800/m oso not bad liao.

My Clift 495sf rent $8.40/sf. Sail 600sf only $6+

Interesting....is the 1bdr taken up fast?

Normally smaller unit psf yield higher rental psf n the psf rental for RWS is based on avg including bigger units. People still count 1b as 1b, even if 1800/m oso not bad liao.

My Clift 495sf rent $8.40/sf. Sail 600sf only $6+
    Ura put clift 7.2 only leh.....

Ur sail quite accurate

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

Ur sail quite accurate
    I suppose initial $8psf/mth clift is achievable. Hmm since rosewood suites so rosy close to 4psf/mth then parc rosewood $4 no prob? Then at 4.5% is still above the 2-3% av for residential. PRW buyers huat to the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

Ur sail quite accurate
    Ya, some weak heart rented low. At least I achieved $8+

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    I suppose initial $8psf/mth clift is achievable. Hmm since rosewood suites so rosy close to 4psf/mth then parc rosewood $4 no prob? Then at 4.5% is still above the 2-3% av for residential. PRW buyers huat to the sky?
    I tink for mm....nid at least 5% gross rental yield.....got some mm in d15 and d8 selling wif tenancy with about 4.5-5% grossnyield...FH somemore