Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: Parc Rosewood Fragrance Land

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    I was being sarcastic la... So many units i would never have bought it. I hope the various sections of landscaping provide some breathing space relief for the owners who bought. As a rule i dont buy anything over 100 units.
    But bro, lesser units means higher maintenance fee leh.. How much are u paying for kg maintenance fee monthly?

My fren's fren who is single bou a unit for own stay at $445K. do we expect to have alot of rich single in future?

Needless to say, developer should come to Woodlands, there is a shortage of new private condo.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    My fren's fren who is single bou a unit for own stay at $445K. do we expect to have alot of rich single in future?

Needless to say, developer should come to Woodlands, there is a shortage of new private condo.
    rich singles are at Scotts Square and Scotts Tower, not in Parc Rosewood.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama

445K is manageable for middle class single - need not be rich. I rather cross the causeway and stay landed house. few condos in jb under construction near causeway too

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard
    445K is manageable for middle class single - need not be rich. I rather cross the causeway and stay landed house. few condos in jb under construction near causeway too
    but you face the morning and evening traffic everyday.. don't think you can sleep well eat well in jb loo..

Quote Originally Posted by xemz127
    but you face the morning and evening traffic everyday.. don't think you can sleep well eat well in jb loo..
    volunteer to work on shift - then u can beat the traffic! hha ..well just buy a car and drive. should be cheaper in long run. hmm .. i think i can eat well in jb - better quality food too as my SGD one dollar magically multiply to 2 ringgit and 40 cents. and i can put in my king size bed in my super big masterbed room in my landed house and sleep comfortably on the best mattress .. dont have to sqeeuze in a tiny room in sg

volunteer to work on shift - then u can beat the traffic! hha ..well just buy a car and drive. should be cheaper in long run. hmm .. i think i can eat well in jb - better quality food too as my SGD one dollar magically multiply to 2 ringgit and 40 cents. and i can put in my king size bed in my super big masterbed room in my landed house and sleep comfortably on the best mattress .. dont have to sqeeuze in a tiny room in sg

haha!! maybe you haven't heard enough the stories of those traveling between sg and jb ppl.. they wake up at 5am to rush into sg.. and reach home at 9pm.. how to have a good lifestyle and eat well there?? most of the time you spend it on the traffic jam

maybe you can buy the house as weekend house ba haha...

haha!! maybe you haven't heard enough the stories of those traveling between sg and jb ppl.. they wake up at 5am to rush into sg.. and reach home at 9pm.. how to have a good lifestyle and eat well there?? most of the time you spend it on the traffic jam

Wake up at 5a.m still ok, the worse is to get rob and killed on the way to work... Then everything is over already.

aha. no need to buy ..i already have one. i am a msian hehe

i am eyeing a condo at danga bay near spore causeway. Tropez Residence. SGD445K can prob get me a 1700 sqf unit with sea view ..hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Montaigne
    But bro, lesser units means higher maintenance fee leh.. How much are u paying for kg maintenance fee monthly?
    Sorry missed this. 215pm.

aha. no need to buy ..i already have one. i am a msian hehe

i am eyeing a condo at danga bay near spore causeway. Tropez Residence. SGD445K can prob get me a 1700 sqf unit with sea view ..hehe

Bro,

Good for you. Too bad I am not a Malaysian..
    Somehow I don't feel secure to invest a property in Malaysia.

Today , Malaysia Government already limit the qty of rice, oil and sugar Singaporean can buy in JB...who know what kind of policy they will impose for Singapore investor in future ?

Quote Originally Posted by yipwssg
    Bro,

Today , Malaysia Government already limit the qty of rice, oil and sugar Singaporean can buy in JB...who know what kind of policy they will impose for Singapore investor in future ?
    The rice, oil and sugar are subsided items from MY govment for MY citizen only. I think you still can buy and consume in MY but you can't bring out to SG. Nothing to do with foreign investor.

Malaysia has too many lands.. must choose carefully for investment purpose.

JB needs better planning and management on its coming projects. Besides, the crime rate needs to be solved to attract the investment.

No point having the big bungalow and always feel unsafe with the surrounding environment. How to live peacefully like that if you are worried that the robbers will visit you from time to time?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernStar
    The rice, oil and sugar are subsided items from MY govment for MY citizen only. I think you still can buy and consume in MY but you can't bring out to SG. Nothing to do with foreign investor.

Haha..maybe one day Malaysia might declare houses as "subsided" item from Government. ..

Those who were old enough to trade in stocks more than a decade ago would remember the forlorn and tension when CLOB was introduced. With one fell swoop, some Singapore investors had lost deeply in terms of millions, if not billions,

With this move, all foreign investors, including Singapore investors, who held CLOB shares (shares of Malaysian companies listed on Singapore Stock Exchange) were stuck with papers that could not be traded – they could not sell in Singapore, nor bring to Malaysia to sell.

Singaporeans who had bought properties in Malaysia might liquidate their diminishing assets during the crisis, yet they could not remit their cash out of the country. As foreign exchange was frozen, nothing literally moved across the country.....

As long as you are not a Malaysian, your rights are not fully protected. in a event of economic crisis.

any1 been to malaysia property showcase held by propertyguru over the wkends?

btw, RM haf been strengthening against SGD lately

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    any1 been to malaysia property showcase held by propertyguru over the wkends?

btw, RM haf been strengthening against SGD lately
    Yea, was there over the weekend, now 2.3x. it used to be 2.4x

Bro,

in terms of property, theres one existing .. sporean can buy property valued at RM500K above .. which is the right policy. to protect low income msian and provide affordable housing to its people

Haha..maybe one day Malaysia might declare houses as "subsided" item from Government. ..
    like what you wrote, foreigners are also not fully protected from SG Garment since here has the subsidized apartment??

Those who were old enough to trade in stocks more than a decade ago would remember the forlorn and tension when CLOB was introduced. With one fell swoop, some Singapore investors had lost deeply in terms of millions, if not billions,

With this move, all foreign investors, including Singapore investors, who held CLOB shares (shares of Malaysian companies listed on Singapore Stock Exchange) were stuck with papers that could not be traded – they could not sell in Singapore, nor bring to Malaysia to sell.

Singaporeans who had bought properties in Malaysia might liquidate their diminishing assets during the crisis, yet they could not remit their cash out of the country. As foreign exchange was frozen, nothing literally moved across the country.....

As long as you are not a Malaysian, your rights are not fully protected. in a event of economic crisis.
    ANSWER TO PARLIAMENTARY QUESTION ON:
    DPM Lee's Reply to Parliamentary Question on CLOB

For Parliament Sitting on 12 Oct 98

Question:
    To ask the Deputy Prime Minister, in the light of recent changes imposed by Malaysia on the currency and stock market rules, what steps are being taken by the Monetary Authority of Singapore and the Stock Exchange of Singapore Ltd to provide a better sense of direction and assistance to the public so that they will be adequately prepared.

To ask the Deputy Prime Minister whether Government will consider taking steps to see that the investors' interest in the Central Limit Order Book System is protected.

To ask the Deputy Prime Minister what are the effects on the financial sector and the Singapore economy of the closure of Clob International.

To ask the Deputy Prime Minister (a) how many investors suffered losses from trading in Clob due to the financial control measures announced by Malaysia recently and what is the estimated losses of the investors; and (b) to what extent will the closure of Clob affect the revenue of the securities industry and Singapore as a financial investment hub.

Answer:
    1 The recent closure of trading of Malaysian shares on Clob, after Malaysia imposed capital controls and new rules on the clearing and settlement of Malaysian shares, has highlighted the risks of investing in shares. There is a price risk inherent in any share. But in addition, shares listed on overseas exchanges are subject to regulatory risk arising from changes in rules by the overseas exchange.

2 The government cannot protect investors from such risks. Investors have to keep their eyes open and judge for themselves whether the returns are adequate to justify the risks.

3 The Malaysian government's opposition to trading of Malaysian shares on Clob is long standing, and has always been reported in the press. When the SES established Clob in Jan 1990, after Malaysia unilaterally delisted all Malaysian shares from the SES, the KLSE objected strongly. It declared publicly that Clob was an unrecognised market, and warned investors of the dangers in trading Malaysian shares on Clob.

4 As recently as Aug 98, the National Economic Action Council of Malaysia called for the closure of Clob. The SES responded that Clob would remain viable only so long as there is demand from investors for its services. This exchange was widely reported in the press, and put investors on notice of Malaysia's intentions.

5 The SES has issued a statement explaining why it did not stop trading of Malaysian shares on Clob earlier, for example immediately after the KLSE announced its new rules on 31 Aug 98, or even before that. It apologised for not reassuring investors earlier than 7 Sep 98 that the Malaysian actions had not made their shares worthless. However, this omission did not make a material difference to Malaysian share prices on Clob.

6 Even after the SES had given repeated assurances to investors that their shares were not worthless, shares on Clob continued to trade at a deep discount 1 to prices on the KLSE. Once the Malaysian measures were announced, nothing the SES did could prevent a decline of share prices on Clob. Many investors evidently preferred to sell their shares on Clob and receive the proceeds in S$, rather than wait to dispose of their shares on KLSE and retain their proceeds in Ringgit accounts in Malaysia for one year, as required under the new Malaysian rules.

7 As at 31 Aug 98, 197,000 investors held Malaysian shares on Clob. 90% were Singaporean investors. Many Clob investors sold their shares after the Malaysian measures were announced, including 24,000 who sold all their Malaysian shares. They would have made losses. But for every seller there was a buyer, hoping to make a gain by buying the shares and subsequently selling them on the KLSE. Most such investors, be they buyers or sellers, were Singaporean.

8 The closure of trading of Malaysian shares on Clob is a loss to Singa-pore's financial sector, but the loss is not significant relative to the size of the financial sector. In 1997, the stock market accounted for 10% of the financial sector's value added, or 1.1% of overall GDP 2. Clob represented about 24% of the SES' turnover at that stage. But more recently from Jun 98 to Aug 98, Clob's share had declined to only 3-8% of the total turnover in the stock market. Moreover, since the closure of Clob trading of Malaysian shares, some retail investors have channelled their interest into Singapore shares3.

9 Over the years, the SES has taken steps to develop the market for local and foreign shares. Clob is not a market solely for trading Malaysian shares, although because of historical reasons and investors familiarity, the bulk of the trade on Clob has been in Malaysian shares. The SES will continue its developmental efforts to provide investors with a broad range of options for trading of Asian shares.

10 Singapore's financial sector provides a wide range of services and products, and serves a large pool of investors, borrowers and financial intermediaries. The regional crisis has shrunk the volume of financial activity, but the sector has remained resilient. Some financial activities have continued to grow despite the slowdown. A recent Bank for Inter-national Settlements survey found that daily turnover in the Singapore foreign exchange market has increased by 32% since 1995, whereas turnover in the other major Asian financial centres declined. SIMEX is also experiencing a record year in trading futures contracts. Investors increasingly appreciate our AAA country risk rating, and the transparent, predictable and open business environ-ment that Singa-pore offers. We are therefore confident that despite difficulties and occasional setbacks, Singa-pore is strengthening its position as a financial hub in the region.

So, who should we blame first?

Bro,

Hmm ..i see little benefit in the msia citizenship leh. maybe cheaper housing, living standard

yes. i dont feel secure too. nearby my hometown a would-be shopping mall stopped work because developer went bankrupt. a few malls near caueway like waterfront city and one other near highway are half-dead. So its best if u buy ready property in msia ..one that has been built which u can see with your own eyes ..

JB needs better planning and management on its coming projects. Besides, the crime rate needs to be solved to attract the investment.

No point having the big bungalow and always feel unsafe with the surrounding environment. How to live peacefully like that if you are worried that the robbers will visit you from time to time?
    agree. JB claimed crime rate has dropped recently though i have doubts abt that claim. but i think it is only a matter of time before jb's potential is realized. i mean ..mismanagmement is controllable but the fact is there is a lot of land in JB, raw materials etc ..these are the fact so if JB govt can buckle up, theres a lot of potential. Lets see how this iskandar development goes .... who knows, this might be a earth shattering breakthrough .. or end up abandoned like those ill fated projects in jb

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Yea, was there over the weekend, now 2.3x. it used to be 2.4x
    Now politically unstable leh.. better wait after the GE? or any opportunities cost here?

petrol too subsidized. rmb the cap on how much sporean can pump? msia has too much land and its choosing strategic (I HOPE!) land to be developed. pasir gudang ..johor port.. and some residential prices have skyrocketed, esp those near causway, 2nd link. houses in my hometown has surged RM100+ in a matter of few yrs due to its proxmity to 2nd link

Now politically unstable leh.. better wait after the GE? or any opportunities cost here?
    housing estates by some reputable developer are worth investing in. one of the participant of the exhibition is dijaya. Their project - Tropez Residence is next to danga bay and reportedly selling like hot cake - dropping by thi sat to the showroom at danga bay

like what you wrote, foreigners are also not fully protected from SG Garment since here has the subsidized apartment??
    msia subsidizing the bumiputras (native malay) for property. and the discount is no small matter - easilty 20%. And malaysian chinese and indian dont get this ..

msia subsidizing the bumiputras (native malay) for property. and the discount is no small matter - easilty 20%. And malaysian chinese and indian dont get this ..
    cool down bro.. we all know that malaysia is the racist country with its malays favouritsm.. nothing we could help you on this.

we recognize the collaboration between sg and malaysia will benefit both sides on this development context. but internal affair is not up to singaporeans to care..

agree. JB claimed crime rate has dropped recently though i have doubts abt that claim. but i think it is only a matter of time before jb's potential is realized. i mean ..mismanagmement is controllable but the fact is there is a lot of land in JB, raw materials etc ..these are the fact so if JB govt can buckle up, theres a lot of potential. Lets see how this iskandar development goes .... who knows, this might be a earth shattering breakthrough .. or end up abandoned like those ill fated projects in jb
    I wanna sell all assets in SG and keep only one for income then buy Horizon Hills terrace stay with my whole family enjoy retirement alltogether 3 generations under one roof... Actually only my grandma and parents and me la lol

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    I wanna sell all assets in SG and keep only one for income then buy Horizon Hills terrace stay with my whole family enjoy retirement alltogether 3 generations under one roof... Actually only my grandma and parents and me la lol
    Bro, if thats your plan. Advise u better buy soon. The price has been going up and up. many sporean buy there .. for weekend getaway and golfing.

Parc rosewood buyers will chase you away.. coz you spreading the "JB" dreams here in their thread haha!!

Parc rosewood buyers will chase you away.. coz you spreading the "JB" dreams here in their thread haha!!
    yup... OT for this thread liao..