Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ARE THERE MANY SPECULATORS OUT THERE?

Default ARE THERE MANY SPECULATORS OUT THERE?

Some Bears have beeing shouting Bears coming and property price drop
    jiat luck jiat luck.

My gut feel is that most speculators have long been gone hiding after few rounds of CMs. So all buyers now are genuine buyers with holding power.
    Hence price may not drop that easily. Developers also have accumulated quite a bit for the past 2 to 3 boom years and so may able to hold long.

I have prepared some bullets in case Bear is right. Lasting 2 years is it enough? How about the rest? If most are prepared, then Bear may have wasted his time shouting.

Quote Originally Posted by 3C
    jiat luck jiat luck.

My gut feel is that most speculators have long been gone hiding after few rounds of CMs. So all buyers now are genuine buyers with holding power.
    Hence price may not drop that easily. Developers also have accumulated quite a bit for the past 2 to 3 boom years and so may able to hold long.

I have prepared some bullets in case Bear is right. Lasting 2 years is it enough? How about the rest? If most are prepared, then Bear may have wasted his time shouting.
    no major retrenchment yet in SG.....now dun hf doesnt mean will not happen

many might kancheong and let go at a discount (still make profit) if shyt strikes

I would say easily a price drop of easily 40%-70% going forward

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Bear is speaking...

wow! 70% drop is not impossible but need hdb to drop this amount first : P u can't expect freehold city condo to cost less than hdb in punngol?

yup 2 years of reserve is a good safety net. i have about 5years of bullets : )

Geylang area probably the first few places to drop first.
    Given the steep rise in the MM units there.

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    wow! 70% drop is not impossible but need hdb to drop this amount first : P u can't expect freehold city condo to cost less than hdb in punngol?
    300k-400k HDB 5rm in punggol drop to 90k-120k.
    Is it possible?
    If 70% drop , then probably Singapore is in a very bad situation.

C d 2012-2014 projects TOP..nxt yr 2012 si liao
    2 yrs ago too many new projects sold. all investors wun 2 rent out. nt own stay.
    companies oredi cut new hires

frens in banks just asked 2 leave.....banks oredi cutting. they c problems faster

jiat luck jiat luck.

Quote Originally Posted by richie$$$
    C d 2012-2014 projects TOP..nxt yr 2012 si liao
    2 yrs ago too many new projects sold. all investors wun 2 rent out. nt own stay.
    companies oredi cut new hires

frens in banks just asked 2 leave.....banks oredi cutting. they c problems faster
    A lot of financial institutions are located in CCR. I suppose the units there will be suffering from the double impact from CM5 and retrenchments...

Quote Originally Posted by jeaprp
    300k-400k HDB 5rm in punggol drop to 90k-120k.
    Is it possible?
    If 70% drop , then probably Singapore is in a very bad situation.
    Not possible lah... 30% already very unlikely, less 70% drop.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Not possible lah... 30% already very unlikely, less 70% drop.

my thought is outskirts 20% down the most for resale...but those that depends on foreigners buying hard to say...

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    my thought is outskirts 20% down the most for resale...but those that depends on foreigners buying hard to say...
    70% down even with big patio, aricon ledge, balcony penthouses also very unbelievable. Or we are referring to the Marq?

OKT could be eyeing many units now and is eager to see the price move South.

I think for OCR we will not see this happening. If there is a drop of 20-30% by developer, I would think alot will jump in.

If developers blink first, they will not dish out 20% at one go... they will probably test market with 10% discount at most and by then, some might enter already... if 10% after 3 to 6 months still dry, they may then push for 15%.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    If developers blink first, they will not dish out 20% at one go... they will probably test market with 10% discount at most and by then, some might enter already... if 10% after 3 to 6 months still dry, they may then push for 15%.
    lets monitor winning land bids going forward

so far about 50psf lower liao.....more to come

For New launch very hard to say for outskirts...notice those upgraders and not affected by CM5 some still got bullets enough to buy high price as with low interest rate now (myopic as hard to say when it will raise at 5 yrs horizon) and also they may worry more CM dish out that will affect them later so still cheong in BUT at NEW launch not resale...

it will be interesting to Watch for the new EC launches...the first one to launch in 2012 will be Rainforest, next week will go and see look see look

I retired from Speculator status since cm4...

jiat luck jiat luck.

As long rental still can cover mortgage, even without profit still can hold for long term capital gain... No reason to fire sale.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    As long rental still can cover mortgage, even without profit still can hold for long term capital gain... No reason to fire sale.
    Most of the firesales happened within 3 days of CM5. I just got back from a long trip and it seems that the anticipated sharp fall has not happened?

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    Most of the firesales happened within 3 days of CM5. I just got back from a long trip and it seems that the anticipated sharp fall has not happened?
    i did not manage to sniff any landed firesale....

tats natural....how to speculate since cm4? whaha

prior to tat, always tempted to 'speculate' bcoz px rise so quickly

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i did not manage to sniff any landed firesale....
    There were a few landed owners that were willing to let go at 10-15% below valuation. They are mostly LH though. Anyway, i have exercised my options for BR and both landed. The project manager of BR actually asked if I am willing to let go my 4BR at BR as there is another "eager" buyer who has ready cheque of 50 PSF more. This is really weird given CM5.

Waiting for the much anticipated drop of 20-30% in the near future if it ever happens.

why? 炒房炒成房东?炒股炒成股东??

May be die die must stay near the parents or in-laws.
    There were a few landed owners that were willing to let go at 10-15% below valuation. They are mostly LH though. Anyway, i have exercised my options for BR and both landed. The project manager of BR actually asked if I am willing to let go my 4BR at BR as there is another "eager" buyer who has ready cheque of 50 PSF more. This is really weird given CM5.

Waiting for the much anticipated drop of 20-30% in the near future if it ever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    why? 炒房炒成房东?炒股炒成股东??
    long term investor la

wakakaka

That is why I was bullish about Bedok Residences. The next one to look out for is the one next to Jurong East MRT.

The two landed owners must be glad that you exercise your option.

Developers are speculators.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    The two landed owners must be glad that you exercise your option.
    mabe now banging their balls!! wakakaka

Next year may have to commit suicide.
    Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    mabe now banging their balls!! wakakaka