Page 75 of 115 FirstFirst ... 45505560657071727374757677787980859095100105 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 3440

Thread: Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    i suspect his HDB is a 5rm A...one of the older 5rms with more than 1500 sq ft...now should easily be worth 500K (especially if he has the lift upgrading)
    So he made a paper gain of only $200k+ (since he bot at $330k)... My HDB selling $700k, I made more... ST should interview me instead.... haha...

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    So what's the moral of the story? That WT and Luxurie are good buys, since this guy sees the potential? Or property investment is THE way to grow your wealth? Quick quick, buy up all the new launches.
    I would thought savvy investors will look for gems in the resale market rather than following the herd to the swanky showflats?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    I would thought savvy investors will look for gems in the resale market rather than following the herd to the swanky showflats?
    Can share what are the possible gems in the resale? I am eyeing another one....

Maybe this guy is Xan. whahaha...sorry Xan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikeu
    Can share what are the possible gems in the resale? I am eyeing another one....
    i am not looking for one. But a quick glance at property websites will show you older FH in D9,10 selling for 1500psf.

marginal investors have no choice but to go for 5xxk shoebox new launches

WT is a gem according to many people but some others have their reservations... no one will know for sure lah... what is gem to a person may not be gem to another...

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    would you invest a record price of over 50% premium in a penny stock company, in an unproven sub-sector, facing almost unlimited competition and new companies springing up every other week, against a backdrop of global economic uncertainty, where the government has warned against, and where the larger sector is already facing a slowdown? just because the penny stock company held an excellent roadshow, made queues of people lining up, pricing it up 70% above par and giving a 20% 'discount'?
    very well said.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    WT is a gem according to many people but some others have their reservations... no one will know for sure lah... what is gem to a person may not be gem to another...
    No budget to stomach the gems is also a consideration.

For genuine long term investors, I am shaken by the latest measures and will not buy now.

Maybe this guy is Xan. whahaha...sorry Xan.
    I think Xan got a better deal (in psf) than this Sky Tan...
    I would think (in general) <$1100psf in WT is not a bad deal in current market, considering other launches near (repeat really near) to MRT and shopping mall will be higher.

No budget to stomach the gems is also a consideration.

For genuine long term investors, I am shaken by the latest measures and will not buy now.
    I am not really bothered by the latest measures, the market has more or less factor that in.... it is whether there will be NEW CMs...

I am not really bothered by the latest measures, the market has more or less factor that in.... it is whether there will be NEW CMs...
    if you have few millions to spare, you can seriously taking a look at bigger units in prime districts now. There are good gems currently.

as the name define itself, CMs are meant to cool the market, not to cause prices to fall dramatically

With the current budget. Looks like inflation is here to stay. Wats the worry is the global impact. I guess the biggest push factor is if there will be interest rate hike. Tat will determine the Man from the Boys playing in the sand box. In this real estate game who can hold and survive a slow down will be the winners.

errm. prices were falling between 1999 to 2003. u bot at the bottom ok! some of the darkest days of sg ppty market between 1999 and 2003.

Does it cost so much like $330k for a Hougang 5 room back in 1999, was it a HDB or PC? Sorry, I was still in school. I bot my new HDB 5 room in 2003 in AMK at $330k too...

yup. more of the norm for ppty investor than the special.

I dun see what's so special about this guy? I am sure many forummers own much better properties than him, but not in the news. $400K profit considered best investment. Not impressive leh. Many people aso make that amount wat.

no morale. just that we now know of a person who has been lapping up the new launches.

So what's the moral of the story? That WT and Luxurie are good buys, since this guy sees the potential? Or property investment is THE way to grow your wealth? Quick quick, buy up all the new launches.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    errm. prices were falling between 1999 to 2003. u bot at the bottom ok! some of the darkest days of sg ppty market between 1999 and 2003.
    oh... that's explain it.... so nothing special about that ST article about Mr. Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    With the current budget. Looks like inflation is here to stay. Wats the worry is the global impact. I guess the biggest push factor is if there will be interest rate hike. Tat will determine the Man from the Boys playing in the sand box. In this real estate game who can hold and survive a slow down will be the winners.
    The biggest (external) worry now imo is not really the euro debt crisis, but whether Israel will start a war against Iran.

Not impressive leh. Best investment $400K. Many HDB and pte owners oso make that amount wat.
    any tom, dick or harry brought in 08 will make $$ lah... but don't sue me if you didn't

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    just because the penny stock company held an excellent roadshow, made queues of people lining up, pricing it up 70% above par and giving a 20% 'discount'?
    well said...the tactics of marking up the price and then giving discount is one of the oldest tricks in the book, the buyers must be smart to filter out all these "lights and smoke"....common to see 20% off everywhere but it is really a discount, ask yourself....but it is amazing how often it works!

Quote Originally Posted by testtest
    well said...the tactics of marking up the price and then giving discount is one of the oldest tricks in the book, the buyers must be smart to filter out all these "lights and smoke"....common to see 20% off everywhere but it is really a discount, ask yourself....but it is amazing how often it works!
    perhaps Basic believe it and thought prices are dropping fast?

perhaps Basic believe it and thought prices are dropping fast?
    Maybe should sell it at $1.99 per pop .

Quote Originally Posted by testtest

Well some pple like the smoke. No bang where got worth the buck?

Like u go market eat. No Q don't want. Coz must be no good.

if you have few millions to spare, you can seriously taking a look at bigger units in prime districts now. There are good gems currently.
    Where? The challenge is 40% min. Could be a big show stopper... I looked ard ccr price are not rising but not going down either.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Where? The challenge is 40% min. Could be a big show stopper... I looked ard ccr price are not rising but not going down either.
    i mean laggards

http://www.fareast.com.sg/feocorp.we...e=quick-search

FEO Ticker: "Watertown - Overwhelming response - over 900 units sold!"

900 out of 992 units = 90.7% sold

Where are the good gems if I may ask? Any specific developments?

Quote Originally Posted by ulrich76
    Where are the good gems if I may ask? Any specific developments?
    I already made my point.

shall not recommend any projects here. People in this forum like to make unneccessary accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripp
    http://www.fareast.com.sg/feocorp.we...e=quick-search

FEO Ticker: "Watertown - Overwhelming response - over 900 units sold!"

900 out of 992 units = 90.7% sold
    Kudos to FEO, build anything also can sell, maybe the Developer of the Year..

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Kudos to FEO, build anything also can sell, maybe the Developer of the Year..
    Their silversea takes ages to sell.