Page 73 of 115 FirstFirst ... 4348535863686970717273747576777883889398103 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,190 of 3440

Thread: Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80
    Think you missed the point my frenz, Hyenergix got it.
    Oic. May i know What is The point

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80
    Think you missed the point my frenz, Hyenergix got it.
    Yes, sky tan's success comes from his rich Vit M and holding power.
    His rich vit M is leveraged from his past success so he wont die.
    Even during storms, he can still hold.
    Judgement comes later though it is essential.
    Thats what bro Kenshinto80 means.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    Yes, sky tan's success comes from his rich Vit M and holding power.
    His rich vit M is leveraged from his past success so he wont die.
    Even during storms, he can still hold.
    Judgement comes later though it is essential.
    Thats what bro Kenshinto80 means.
    Ah If Thats wad he meant, i agree

God is fair to everyone. Rich or poor, Young or Old, we are all given 24 hours a day. Not a minute more or less. The difference is the rich multiply the time with the aid of tools or people to help them to succeed their goals and yet rewarding the people. Hence, property investment with leveraging of the bank is just another tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    Some pple trade $$$ for time n others trade time to save $$$. The value of time is different for everyone. Eg, thru n fro 22mins equals 44mins plus transit make it both way,let's make it 60mins.

Let's say stay for 30 years, so 365x30=10950. So someone migh prefer to pay $1m more to save 465 days doing things they like or spend it with their love ones.

On the flip side , one might say $Im richer cos I trade 465days of my life for it.

So how?

Is the tide still rising? Need your advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Rising tide lifts all boats. No need to be an expert to make $. Just need plenty of Vit M to buy and hold.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    God is fair to everyone. Rich or poor, Young or Old, we are all given 24 hours a day. Not a minute more or less. The difference is the rich multiply the time with the aid of tools or people to help them to succeed their goals and yet rewarding the people. Hence, property investment with leveraging of the bank is just another tool.
    Your words suddenly reminds me of a movie "in time" by Justin timberlake.
    What will the world become if time replaces all currencies.

Not a lone crusader, yes, obviously I have vested interest. (something I never deny since day 1 here)
    Some forumers had been following this WT site closely and are taken aback by my lately posts. From beginning, started as someone able to rationalize and analyze things with depth, to now, you can call me low intellect cranky idiot or whatever. lol. Anyway, who cares? At least I know I'm not fake and I dont act noble here. I'm not malicious and my agenda is simple.

My disappointment derived from below:

Most WT buyers in this forum had already made their choice before they join the forum. Demonlishing their confidence by calling them "carrot head" will do them any good? This is obviously not value adding. So do you think now I have very valid reasons not to talk to you nicely?
    My take is, if WT good sales makes u feel so painful, why dont u take an exit instead of creating trouble here and shakening these people's confidence. There are quite a number who are first time buyers and they might not have the experience like me to go through signing a few OTPs before. In short, some of them lack experience. why must die die whack their confidence damn hard and attack them so you feel more shiok? Do u believe in what goes around comes around? I hope you do.
    who is the biggest carrot we still dont know yet.

5 years time, we come back here and review again.
    Talk is cheap.
    property is a big ticket investment for many, when they buy it, they should be very confident of their decision because they've rationalised thoroughly why it deserves the price they pay. if just a few words in this forum can sway their decision, they should think harder in the next purchase they make. don't just follow the herd.

and i would maintain, that those who bought below 1150psf, probably have a decent buffer margin for error, those who bought at 1400psf and above, let's just say, if their prices, went to 1600psf, their neighbours who bought at 1000-1100psf would benefit far more than them from the appreciation perspective.

Time will stay but currencies are not permanent. Wealth can be created and disappeared too.
    Your words suddenly reminds me of a movie "in time" by Justin timberlake.
    What will the world become if time replaces all currencies.

Unfortunately, people are emotional and driven by sentiments. Example, going to a showflat with everyone around you issuing cheque for the downpayment will influence the person to do the same. Hence, it is very important to do some research before visiting the showflat.
    Quote Originally Posted by kane
    property is a big ticket investment for many, when they buy it, they should be very confident of their decision because they've rationalised thoroughly why it deserves the price they pay. if just a few words in this forum can sway their decision, they should think harder in the next purchase they make. don't just follow the herd.

and i would maintain, that those who bought below 1150psf, probably have a decent buffer margin for error, those who bought at 1400psf and above, let's just say, if their prices, went to 1600psf, their neighbours who bought at 1000-1100psf would benefit far more than them from the appreciation perspective.

i think that's kiasu mentality for you. "many people buy must be good" mindset. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

As mentioned by someone that property investment is a big ticket item. Hence, it has to be a good investment for middle to long term. Otherwise, do not go in. A bad investment can set one by at least 10 years. There are not many 10 years in a life time.
    i think that's kiasu mentality for you. "many people buy must be good" mindset. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

For first timer buying PC, definitely gan jiong though one might do alot of research and calculation. This is human nature. Imagine, this is the first time u putting in so much money.
    Buying PC during my time is a total different settings from now. Many Units TOP a year already still vacant and I can climb up and down to view different units, from 2 bedder to penthouse and the agent followed me faithfully. (where got such thing as buying by seeing the layout plans. We buy what we see)

Now? everyone signing cheque book on the spot and for another moment, the desired units are gone. There will be buyers who are not ready to rationalized on the spot, signed the cheque book and regret later, esp when they heard undesriable remarks. This is esp true to many first timer.
    Seasoned ones, they usually dont care.

The tides is still rising but slowly.
    In today's settings and CMs, cannot rise too fast, the jetty can get flooded. Govt needs time to react and they dont like tides that rise too fast. If rise too fast, they will introduce desperate measures. If tides rise slowly, they can still observe closely and react accordingly.
    Just my even though this qns was not directed to me.
    Sorry I kaypo.

They are supposed to use the gates at the marina barrage for it. Unfortunately, it does not work. Hope no more measures.
    The tides is still rising but slowly.
    In today's settings and CMs, cannot rise too fast, the jetty can get flooded. Govt needs time to react and they dont like tides that rise too fast. If rise too fast, they will introduce desperate measures. If tides rise slowly, they can still observe closely and react accordingly.
    Just my even though this qns was not directed to me.
    Sorry I kaypo.

They are supposed to use the gates at the marina barrage for it. Unfortunately, it does not work. Hope no more measures.
    I always feel the demand mainly came from those sites that are better located with amendities/tpt etc. Other sites like riversound, boathouse, parc vera are still pretty healthy, didnt see much hype.
    Dont see the need why govt should panic now and build more dams (the CMs) as it only applies to project on case by case basis.

Sorry, the way u attack bro ulrich reflects your true self as well.
    I don't need people like you to respect my posts.
    Yes, u r right, I've done enough analysis.
    Carrot head or not in near future we shall know.
    Talk is cheap.
    The was how it started from Ulrich:

Originally Posted by ulrich76
    Which development? Enuf of pole saying can get this or that. Mai chwee gong lp song

You choose not to comment on his offensive remarks but attacked my reply to his post? Just because he is also an owner of WT?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503
    The was how it started from Ulrich:

Originally Posted by ulrich76
    Which development? Enuf of pole saying can get this or that. Mai chwee gong lp song

You choose not to comment on his offensive remarks but attacked my reply to his post? Just because he is also an owner of WT?
    Sorry if I had hurt you so much to the extend you need to dig out all these past records. lol. I apologise then.

I understand and share his frustration when those gurus wannabes keep offering their so called "better alternatives" when the WT buyers had already made their choice and exercise their options. Trying to tell those buyers they never do their homework? Is there any value adding purposes? well I dont see any. Why want to make those who already committed feel uneasy?

Anyway, bro ulrich's remarks did not direct to you personally.
    Btw, he is not vested in WT and he got a better deal than me. Seems like u never follow the thread closely.
    Last edited by Xan; 19-02-12 at 10:35.

Quote Originally Posted by yjcai
    Oh now then realize. Even Soho Hillier 1 roomer also in high 200 to 300 range. How can WT being bigger be cheaper? But of course WT owners got it cheap 9xx nett psf after so many discounts, they should be very confident
    Nonsense! The 4 bedders are paying 300 plus!

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard
    actually i really dont get why ppl would pay so much to live in orchard as a previous post has pointed out. i can understand that marina bay suites and reflection, the sail are expensive because ppl value sea view (not sure if that's all that attracts ppl to buy these units) but orchard .. no sea view, packed and most of the areas with the exception of some like pasir ris, boon lay.. can be connected to orchard in 30mins by train. And everything is so exp in orchard! cant even find a coffeeshop serving $1 kopi. again i am speaking from the view of a "heartlander", not expat or ppl with extremely deep pockets. even the expats can be better off renting elsewhere paying the same but with much bigger units..
    Think it boils down to prestige - the mentality of living in the most expensive shopping district & most convenient to move around without owning a car for the expats especially. Actually it also depends on the particular type & age of unit, as some in Orchard area are comparable to other far away districts.
    We've got an expat who nearly rented a 1+1 bedrm in Sophia for $3K if not for owning a cat which the landlord forbade. He ended up renting an equivalent in Rangoon Rd near Farrer Pk MRT which allows pet at same rental. Nearly half his salary goes to the rental but he wants to be near to Orchard area and wont consider anywhere out of CBD. With our good public transportation connection, he could easily rented an HDB for half the cost and save more.

Sorry if I had hurt you so much to the extend you need to dig out all these past records. lol. I apologise then.

I understand and share his frustration when those gurus wannabes keep offering their so called "better alternatives" when the WT buyers had already made their choice and exercise their options. Trying to tell those buyers they never do their homework? Is there any value adding purposes? well I dont see any. Why want to make those who already committed feel uneasy?

Btw, he is not vested in WT and he got a better deal than me. Seems like u never follow the thread closely.
    Ok, apologies accepted.

I agree it's not good to condemn and talk down on those who have bought a project. They must have reasons why they choose to buy

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503
    Ok, apologies accepted.

I agree it's not good to condemn and talk down on those who have bought a project. They must have reasons why they choose to buy
    No prob, bro.
    I lose my cool at times as well.
    Yes, must admit im emotionally attached sometimes....sigh
    gtg enjoy yourself here.

It is quite low rental for a 1+1 at sophia?
    Quote Originally Posted by chanel
    Think it boils down to prestige - the mentality of living in the most expensive shopping district & most convenient to move around without owning a car for the expats especially. Actually it also depends on the particular type & age of unit, as some in Orchard area are comparable to other far away districts.
    We've got an expat who nearly rented a 1+1 bedrm in Sophia for $3K if not for owning a cat which the landlord forbade. He ended up renting an equivalent in Rangoon Rd near Farrer Pk MRT which allows pet at same rental. Nearly half his salary goes to the rental but he wants to be near to Orchard area and wont consider anywhere out of CBD. With our good public transportation connection, he could easily rented an HDB for half the cost and save more.

It is quite low rental for a 1+1 at sophia?
    Quite surprised too, 2 bedrm 700sf near DhobyGhaut MRT going for $3,100. Probably those near Wilkie Rd are either old or walk-up apt

http://www.rentinsingapore.com/rents...2&typed_search=

1-bedder Hi-Rise Apt near Orchard MRT going for $3,200

http://www.rentinsingapore.com/showa...-rise-apt.html

Good to buy FH or 999LH near MRT to keep. I dun dare to touch e rest. Era of easy money is gone. It is more abt wealth preservation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohankrish
    Nonsense! The 4 bedders are paying 300 plus!
    Oh so it did not cross the 400 barrier?
    Affordable means small

when analysing an investment, first list down all the confirmed facts...fact 1 there will be a lot of rental supply coming in punggol, sengkang area from the unlimited hdb and condos launched there. fact 2 the only demand come from seletar aero space hub...u can build up the list and do ur own analysis and conclusion.not vested in this area.never rely on others, if u do means that u have not thoroughly think thru the investment i.e.u probably bought on impulse.
    Last edited by Allthepies; 19-02-12 at 14:59.

and in the CBD.
    Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Good to buy FH or 999LH near MRT to keep. I dun dare to touch e rest. Era of easy money is gone. It is more abt wealth preservation.

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    when analysing an investment, first list down all the confirmed facts...fact 1 there will be a lot of rental supply coming in punggol, sengkang area from the unlimited hdb and condos launched there. fact 2 the only demand come from seletar aero space hub...u can build up the list and do ur own analysis and conclusion.not vested in this area.
    Upon very bad times, the area also needs to prove itself.
    Affordable means small

Hi Jonathan, sorry if my post offended u. Just my general frustration with forummers who say there are props in good location where price is good, but never say which development to back it up. It's like edmw forum NPNT

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    when analysing an investment, first list down all the confirmed fa
    cts...fact 1 there will be a lot of rental supply coming in punggol, sengkang area from the unlimited hdb and condos launched there. fact 2 the only demand come from seletar aero space hub...u can build up the list and do ur own analysis and conclusion.not vested in this area.never rely on others, if u do means that u have not thoroughly think thru the investment i.e.u probably bought on impulse.
    Totally agree if you are coming purely from an investor's angle.
    I believe there is also a fair share of those who want to live in and enjoy the conveniences and amenities at WT.