Page 57 of 115 FirstFirst ... 273237424752535455565758596061626772778287 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 3440

Thread: Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    No worries, the CMs are to curb speculation activities. Govt will not crash the property, what good will they gain? Just to allow some hungry ghosts like minority to buy cheap and own their first dream PC? Well, they can continue to fantasize.
    Yeah right.. ATT is a much better buy than ur C Town project.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Yeah right.. ATT is a much better buy than ur C Town project.
    I doubt u can even afford ATT. Lol

No worries, the CMs are to curb speculation activities. Govt will not crash the property, what good will they gain? Just to allow some hungry ghosts like minority to buy cheap and own their first dream PC? Well, they can continue to fantasize.
    totally agree. it will do the govt more harm than good. other than facing anger from current home owners, public consumption will be affected since ppl are likely to save more when they perceive their property has devalued .they feel less rich.. and business go down .. government tax less .. unemployment rises. .. less income tax for government. govt steps in to prevent bubble from forming like wad was mentioned earlier .. so that income to mortgage ratio will not go way off because if so, ppl are borrowing too much to buy property priced way too high above its fundamental value

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikeu
    I'm quite pleased with my ATT purchase so far so good. Read that you bot WT, so we are "neighbours" (if you bot for your stay) across the road. Sometimes the govt errs in their judgement. One wrong (next) CM will make the market falls and take years to recover. My gut feel is that the next CM is coming.

Don't worry I think u are safer than WT. given the proximity u got better rental yield n matter wat u can still make if target is 1200-1300psf compared to the WT folks. Rental u also got Better yield . WT folks sell at 1200 barely make anything. So in other words they will provide a support for ur AT&T pricing.

Caveats bring no serious down turn or all go with. Ether way compre to WT u are still better off.

I doubt u can even afford ATT. Lol
    Who cares what u think?

If want to flip in 4y, 5XXk for WT considered ok mah, not much downside risk, at most go to 4XXk and lost 100k only

100k is peanut ... annual or semi-annual salary for most ppl here

if paper loss dun sell loh, just hold and rent out as high class XXX hut @ 1.5k a month sure got takers ... interest rate risk is low due to borrowing only 60% + 4y later got more cash / cpf to prepay loan if int rate is up

compared to Bishan 8 last time very different as Bishan 8 big big units = big big loan and SIBOR went up to 10% in 1998 pengsan liao

Of course like amk said, can also put 200k into corporate bonds yield 4-5% ... but after Lehman crisis ... all very scared of paper asset leh
    Last edited by phantom_opera; 13-02-12 at 18:49.
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    If want to flip in 4y, 5XXk for WT considered ok mah, not much downside risk, at most go to 4XXk and lost 100k only

if paper loss dun sell loh, just hold and rent out as high class XXX hut @ 1.5k a month sure got takers ... interest rate risk is low due to borrowing only 60% + 4y later got more cash / cpf to prepay loan if int rate is up

compared to Bishan 8 last time very different as Bishan 8 big big units = big big loan and SIBOR went up to 10% in 1998 pengsan liao

Of course like amk said, can also put 200k into corporate bonds yield 4-5% ... but after Lehman crisis ... all very scared of paper asset leh
    Well, some people cannot lose face lor.
    They see others bro like pineapple, panarex, Molotov got very good deal they buay song lor. That's why red eye.
    No offense hor, mr minority.

100K peanuts??? annual / semi annual pay for most ppl herE???
    * walk away into the horizon in shame and despair*

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Who cares what u think?
    Did I pissed you off? If yes, My apology.
    Ok ok, u win, u greatest and richest.
    U buy nothing, u smartest. We buy WT, we no good, we carrots

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard
    If annual income not 100k include side income better dun touch property
    Ride at your own risk !!!

do u need taht much to put up a 5xx k mm ?

You are a funny guy...

You are assuming he's playing with property... no lah.. not all forummers here are touching property the way you mentioned... he may be only buying for own stay and you definitely don't need $100k salary to buy a PC...

do u need taht much to put up a 5xx k mm ?
    He probably thought you are playing with property as an investment...

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    You are a funny guy...
    Haa. thanks. i take it as a compliment. hohooo ..too much gunpowder here. gonna amuse myself a bit

He probably thought you are playing with property as an investment...
    Ohh. my equity is not so high. i am under 30, with an average job doing average work. CPF dry and has just been emptied. ikan bilis in the sea so let me get a roof first ...

Ohh. my equity is not so high. i am under 30, with an average job doing average work. CPF dry and has just been emptied. ikan bilis in the sea so let me get a roof first ...
    At least you got your own PC before 30... early start... Lol!

i wouldnt put $200k (if $200-300k is all i have for investment) into bonds... i'm more of a risk-taker last time. I put 90% into stocks and balance 10% for day-to-day expenses. Got hit during Lehman, but pour in more and eventually recover and end up way above water. Now liquidated most of my counters, bot ATT and waiting for STI/Dow Jones to correct 30% to chong in again but that did not materialised.

At least you got your own PC before 30... early start... Lol!
    sighz. not the best time to buy property i guess!! right before CM! If not, i would be really interested in WT!

sighz. not the best time to buy property i guess!! right before CM! If not, i would be really interested in WT!
    Yup, i hear a friend got WT at $980psf for 2 bedder on vvip day. I was tempted too but vested into ATT and wouldn't consider another one in the same area.

Yup, i hear a friend got WT at $980psf for 2 bedder on vvip day. I was tempted too but vested into ATT and wouldn't consider another one in the same area.
    Fret not. Both equally good projects. yesss dont put all eggs in one basket. diversify portfolio even when it comes to real estate!!

Well, some people cannot lose face lor.
    They see others bro like pineapple, panarex, Molotov got very good deal they buay song lor. That's why red eye.
    No offense hor, mr minority.
    Yeah right....

Did I pissed you off? If yes, My apology.
    Ok ok, u win, u greatest and richest.
    U buy nothing, u smartest. We buy WT, we no good, we carrots

Yes Yea go enjoy ur carrots in ur carrots farm.

Fret not. Both equally good projects. yesss dont put all eggs in one basket. diversify portfolio even when it comes to real estate!!
    ya, should diversify. i'm thinking hard if i should use my wife name to invest into another one that has already TOP since only require 20% downpayment, for 1 to 2 bedder smaller quantum.

You're too modest. Average job cannot buy a PC alone and before 30 even. Assuming without the support of your parents? That's commendable.

Ya, u too humble. Cfm way better than those who talk big but no action.

ya, should diversify. i'm thinking hard if i should use my wife name to invest into another one that has already TOP since only require 20% downpayment, for 1 to 2 bedder smaller quantum.
    Which project u looking at?

Wow ur under 30 too! I'm earning peanuts, emptied my CPF just like you! Hopefully our project TOP soon

i wouldnt put $200k (if $200-300k is all i have for investment) into bonds... i'm more of a risk-taker last time. I put 90% into stocks and balance 10% for day-to-day expenses.
    U make it sound like bond is at the same risk class as equity ...
    And if 200k is all u have, u will dump all in a high psf Punggol 1bd?

No lah to play with this kind of 200k investment, one should already have other assets.

Buying for own stay is different if 200k is all u had saved for the upgrade. That's ok if u like the location for staying.

totally agree. it will do the govt more harm than good. other than facing anger from current home owners, public consumption will be affected since ppl are likely to save more when they perceive their property has devalued .they feel less rich.. and business go down .. government tax less .. unemployment rises. .. less income tax for government. govt steps in to prevent bubble from forming like wad was mentioned earlier .. so that income to mortgage ratio will not go way off because if so, ppl are borrowing too much to buy property priced way too high above its fundamental value
    Agree that govt intention is not to crash the market and prevent the loan to income ratio to reach an insane level. But from history, property bubble burst is more attributed to the economic condition, in the region and also globally.