Page 41 of 115 FirstFirst ... 111621263136373839404142434445465156616671 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 3440

Thread: Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

We get accustomed to noise as time goes by... not really an issue. I think some pple are just not happy that condo in punggol can actually command a higher psf than theirs in better location lol.

btw i didnt vested in WT. Just speaking from a neutral point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by GSLJ
    Any idea on the launch psf for this WH project?

Wee Hur's successful bid price was $354.4 psf (in Dec 11)

Sim Lian's bid price for A Treasure Trove was $406.3 psf (in Dec 2010)

So Wee Hur's bid was about $50 psf cheaper was Sim Lian - as you can see, 12 months makes quite a difference - the bid price of Wee Hur is less aggressive given the economic uncertainties.

Wee Hur's launch psf could be $50 cheaper compared to Sim Lian, but I would not be surprised if Wee Hur's launch psf is similar to Sim Lian so as to maximise its profit (moreover, that area is now much sought after).

Quote Originally Posted by Mohankrish
    It is great! I have been eying the site for 3 years. Helps when you live there! Bought a 4 room at $1030 per sq feet. I got it at the preview. Prices now are just too crazy!
    I always thought 4 rooms are at 1300 to 1400psf.
    Looks like you hv got quite a gd price.
    Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Fudou
    We get accustomed to noise as time goes by... not really an issue. I think some pple are just not happy that condo in punggol can actually command a higher psf than theirs in better location lol.

btw i didnt vested in WT. Just speaking from a neutral point of view.
    You are right. It's about respect. Other than those sore name callers who probably run out of bullet or missed the boat, this place could be better.
    Had seen such one liner jokers on and off in this forum through my years here.
    I personally don't think parc rosewood is a gd investment (given its location) but does it mean I gotta go to parc rosewood forum and call the buyers carrot given its good sales? I Gotta respect parc rosewood buyers buy with reasons and I trust they had done their homework and calculations.

Difference in opinion can still agree to disagree, no need to be sarcastic and use words to hurt others.
    Last edited by Xan; 07-02-12 at 21:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    You are right. It's about respect. Other than those sore name callers who probably run out of bullet or missed the boat, this place could be better.
    I personally don't think parc rosewood is a gd investment (given its location) but does it mean I gotta go to parc rosewood forum and call the buyers carrot given its good sales? I Gotta respect parc rosewood buyers buy with reasons and I trust they had done their homework and calculations.

Difference in opinion can still agree to disagree, no need to be sarcastic and use words to hurt others.
    My exact sentiments too. I dont understand the rude remarks or name calling.. Maturity is definitely lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple
    My exact sentiments too. I dont understand the rude remarks or name calling.. Maturity is definitely lacking.
    This also happens in ATT forum a few months back. Keep seeing ill sarcastic remarks attacking ATT buyers.
    Though I not vested there, see already also damn pissed.
    Seriously don't understand why these people wanted to act like losers and they thought they are the winner instead. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Punggol can reach Orchard in 22 mins? Wow! You fly right?
    I don't. I just take the Northeast Line, MRT.

Quote Originally Posted by toufu

Sometimes u need facts and figures to shut them up.
    Good job.

I never need to rely on MRT, because sooner or later they will break down, take a few hours to repair, get strandled in some far away places, difficult to get taxis there during peak hours... Ha ha!
    Well, sometimes, by the time you get out of a traffic jam (with ERP) due to some road accident (which i personally think has a higher probability than getting stuck in train disruptions), find a carpark lot in the busy shopping mall, people who travel by train would have reached the meeting point earlier than you. Especially during peak hours.

Car is good if you want to go to 'ulu' places though..

Good job.
    Yes and these people are still wondering why WT has overwhelming response.

Good job.
    Stop attacking teddy... Relax guys..
    Probably he means from house walk to station den wait for train, get to orchard, walk to X building total may take say 35mins???

The train journey itself maybe 22mins but if u want to get to orchard ion, u still need to change train..

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    I lived in Tampines before and even though I drive most of the time, it was always such a long journey home from anywhere except the Airport.
    But honestly Tampines though is in the far east, get you to everyway pretty quick with 2 MRT (upcoming DTL) 4 expressway n a Bartley viaduct serving u to holland in 15mins.

Quote Originally Posted by testtest
    Unbelievable right? Throw in a mall, mrt and a waterfront (longkang) living, people will pay 1400psf. Hats off to FEO.

I know pple will hate to see me say this... but I must say.. it.. CARROTS!!!

Punggol is always Punggol, Pasir Ris is always Pasir Ris, Jurong West is always Jurong West, Sembawang is always Sembawang ..

There is no point to talk about how fast you can get to the CCR area ... every minute counts when your child is studying in Bukit Timah top school and you work in Shenton Way Life is not as simple as one 22mins MRT ride away ...
    Ride at your own risk !!!

ok ok I get it will will stop saying carrots

Good! so fast!! as long dont break down. and get stuck for 2hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Punggol is always Punggol, Pasir Ris is always Pasir Ris, Jurong West is always Jurong West, Sembawang is always Sembawang ..

There is no point to talk about how fast you can get to the CCR area ... every minute counts when your child is studying in Bukit Timah top school and you work in Shenton Way Life is not as simple as one 22mins MRT ride away ...
    Why must my child study in Bukit Timah... there are two top school (Raffles Institution and Catholic High School) in Bishan which are also very near to Punggol... In addition, one SAP school in Sengkang (Nan Chiau High).

Yah Shenton Way, 30 mins train rides away... errr... what's the issue here? You mean must stay in Marina Bay Suites? I also wish, slowly lah, wait i strike Toto first... 30 mins away for additional $1500psf ($50 psf/min)... I think I rather use the money to buy one more property, buy car, go holiday, invest in stocks, etc.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

How many people work around Dhoby Ghaut? You take NE Line and if you need to change to NS line at Dhoby Ghaut I heard people complaining like hell saying have to walk 10 mins to change to the other train?
    Oh Gosh! walk 10 mins to MRT, wait a few mins (say 5min?) for train, travel in MRT 22 mins and still need to walk 10 mins to change train, wait for another few minutes, walk another 10 mins to destination. That makes it total of 62 minutes vs 22 mins on the train if no train break down!
    Train won't break down? NE line still new, probably another 10 years you will see more often......
    1 thing I must say, along NE line, Punggol is the best! Because I heard Punggol is the only station they can get a place to sit down, from Sengkang onwards will get very crowded and stuffy, sure 0 chance of getting a seat!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera

Oh, or probably you would like to tell us how complicated it can be other than a 22 min ride to DG? Pardon for my simplicity mindset in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Good! so fast!! as long dont break down. and get stuck for 2hrs.
    Ya lor, those property near mrt can sell at long kang price already lor, since you say until like that. U should look for such fire sale lah. Post the caveat u lodge maybe I salute u.
    I won't call u minority, I call u god.

How many people work around Dhoby Ghaut? You take NE Line and if you need to change to NS line at Dhoby Ghaut I heard people complaining like hell saying have to walk 10 mins to change to the other train?
    Oh Gosh! walk 10 mins to MRT, wait a few mins (say 5min?) for train, travel in MRT 22 mins and still need to walk 10 mins to change train, wait for another few minutes, walk another 10 mins to destination. That makes it total of 62 minutes vs 22 mins on the train if no train break down!
    Train won't break down? NE line still new, probably another 10 years you will see more often......
    1 thing I must say, along NE line, Punggol is the best! Because I heard Punggol is the only station they can get a place to sit down, from Sengkang onwards will get very crowded and stuffy, sure 0 chance of getting a seat!
    Wah, you are really not a northeast person. Who told you that you need to walk 10 mins to change train?! Normally, it takes a person 3 mins to cover 200m by foot. So you mean the lines are more than 600m (1.5 rounds of a stadium) apart?! Hahaha... you r quite gullible to believe these 'people'.

By the way, how many people works in say, Raffles Place MRT? your argument seems flawed.

I think its better to concentrate on constructive discussion on the project itself than reply to other's remark. One man's meat is another poison. bottom line is that u r happy with your purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Adva181
    But honestly Tampines though is in the far east, get you to everyway pretty quick with 2 MRT (upcoming DTL) 4 expressway n a Bartley viaduct serving u to holland in 15mins.
    Ya la. That time only 1 MRT, no Bartley viaduct, only PIE, AYE and TPE. Always jam in the mornings. That time, seemed like everyone lived in the East and worked in the West. Hehe. No regrets moving out from there though.

But, irony is, now go Airport quite often to eat. Children want, what to do? Ramen Champion in Terminal 3 quite good and reasonable prices too.

Wah, you are really not a northeast person. Who told you that you need to walk 10 mins to change train?! Normally, it takes a person 3 mins to cover 200m by foot. So you mean the lines are more than 600m (1.5 rounds of a stadium) apart?! Hahaha... you r quite gullible to believe these 'people'.

By the way, how many people works in say, Raffles Place MRT? your argument seems flawed.
    He talked like going to town is like going to jurong west from punggol.
    Let us not argue anymore.
    Damn sianz. Zzzzzz.....Gd nite.

I heard from acquintances, and also confirmed from others on internet many people complaining, including 1 famous Mr Tan, see below:

MRT interchanges just too sprawling Letter from Tan Kin Lian

THE interchange stations serving the North East Line and the North South Line at Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station are too far apart. The same thing applies to Outram Park, which serves the East West and North East Lines.
    I believe that this is because of engineering and safety considerations. As the North East Line was built after the existing lines, it probably had to be built at a distance from the existing stations to avoid disruption to the existing services.
    There should be practical ways to overcome this problem and get the interchange stations closer together. Some research should be done to see how other cities overcome this problem, or creative solutions sought. One possible approach is to build the new interchange station to serve both lines, and to divert the old line to use the new station when it is ready.
    Singapore will be building several new train lines over the next few years, with more interchange stations needed. I hope the Land Transport Authority will look into this.

http://www.todayonline.com/articles/313832.asp

Edited by TIB537B 15 Apr `09, 12:30PM

I heard from acquintances, and also confirmed from others on internet many people complaining, including 1 famous Mr Tan, see below:

MRT interchanges just too sprawling Letter from Tan Kin Lian

THE interchange stations serving the North East Line and the North South Line at Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station are too far apart. The same thing applies to Outram Park, which serves the East West and North East Lines.
    I believe that this is because of engineering and safety considerations. As the North East Line was built after the existing lines, it probably had to be built at a distance from the existing stations to avoid disruption to the existing services.
    There should be practical ways to overcome this problem and get the interchange stations closer together. Some research should be done to see how other cities overcome this problem, or creative solutions sought. One possible approach is to build the new interchange station to serve both lines, and to divert the old line to use the new station when it is ready.
    Singapore will be building several new train lines over the next few years, with more interchange stations needed. I hope the Land Transport Authority will look into this.

http://www.todayonline.com/articles/313832.asp

Edited by TIB537B 15 Apr `09, 12:30PM
    Different people has different perception of 'far'. Sometime it is very 'far' to me when i want to get a drink from the kitchen. We call this 'laziness'.

Good night

Now I realize mrt at doorstep has another underlying BIG problem. People Will still complain the walking when changing lines.
    Hahaha, okok, I surrender. Really take my hats off to the people here.
    let's wait for fire sales for properties near mrt then.
    Good nite everyone.

Ya lor, those property near mrt can sell at long kang price already lor, since you say until like that. U should look for such fire sale lah. Post the caveat u lodge maybe I salute u.
    I won't call u minority, I call u god.
    Sorry u got me confused with there other BASIC guy.. I am not him try to talk until got firesales hah hah..

I am just being plan honest about what I see. If that offends pple my appologies.

You take MRT you don't know?
    The problem is not with being near MRT station. The problem is being that near North-East Line MRT station is the most worthless simply because when changing to N-S Line or E-W Line (and vice versa) have to walk about 10 mins or even more!
    Beter stay near MRT stations along NS, EW Lines as changing between the 2 is just walking across the platform or just up/down the elevator.
    Even Circle Line have to walk quite some distance but the distance is about half that of North-East Line.

Now I realize mrt at doorstep has another underlying BIG problem. People Will still complain the walking when changing lines.
    Hahaha, okok, I surrender. Really take my hats off to the people here.
    let's wait for fire sales for properties near mrt then.
    Good nite everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Fudou
    I think its better to concentrate on constructive discussion on the project itself than reply to other's remark. One man's meat is another poison. bottom line is that u r happy with your purchase.
    Yup, agree totally on this. There will always be different opinions and different needs.

Some have children, Some don't.
    Some have children who study in Bukit Timah, Some have children who study elsewhere (e.g. Bishan)
    Some have maids, Some have/prefer to rely on their parents/in-law living nearby.
    Some drive, Some don't (I don't because I do not have children yet - so its the MRT / Buses / Taxis for me and I just have to bear with the break downs when they happen).
    Some work in the Dhoby Ghaut / Shenton Way areas, Some work in the outskirts.
    Some do not like to walk, Some don't mind walking (to me walking to the MRT / walking to another line is not an inconvenience but is an opportunity to do some exercise through brisk walking - this is my own personal preference).

Cheers