Page 30 of 115 FirstFirst ... 510152025262728293031323334354045505560 ... LastLast

Thread: Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Quote Originally Posted by Montaigne
    Xan is an invester, owned a few properties including WT, so might be diff from your case for own stay.
    Nope my household income is less than 12k, but near.
    (worst than most of the old birds here)
    I'm not an invester, but you can call me an optimist.
    I do my homework.
    I trust my gut feel.
    I cash in and out all the time, some places I only stay for 10 mths only.
    One mistake I made can kill me and crush me like an ant.

Hi Bro yowetan, I noticed from your previous post in other sites, you seems to be a very careful person with good analytical thinking. Certainly you are also exploring the possibility of prop investment but you do have your concerns.
    I dont have that kinda depth like you, but what I had is I took my first step.
    Last edited by Xan; 04-02-12 at 07:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    Actually wanted to wake up early and do abit of my work but see the forums becomes active again, so finger itchy again

No worries, so far no one had put me or other WT buyers down yet. Still enjoying myself here.... just uncomfortable with names calling only.

Ok this is how I feel abt WT and its worth now.
    Currently it only worth at most 700-800psf!At this point, nothing is avavilable in punggol, not a mature estate, not even near any kopitiam, eateries, no shops, no people and nothing but only a MRT/LRT. (Got MRT also no use, imagine who would want to travel all the way to punggol with basically nothing there)

I reccee, cycled and google the masterplan, starting from the day when one of my friend bought Parc river (EC at punggol). I begin to realise punggol is an uncovered gem with lotsa potential and gonna to be exciting in future for the next generation.

Why 750 WT buyers so "stupid" go and buy WT at 1200psf on average?
    (In fact most of them bought below 1100psf during the preview, I just dont bother to say only)
    I reckon they understand that in 5 years time, the whole place will be transformed. I need not repeat what amedities WT has and how conveniet it will be in 5 yrs time. Wifey and I was cycling the whole stretch of waterway, from lorong halus to the end of waterway garden...in fact we didnt complete the whole cycling trip coz the journey was too much for us to cover. (maybe we physically unfit as well lah). We are truely amazed by how the watertown landscape had been designed and I can sense that this time, govt really mean bisnuess in transforming punggol.

750 WT buyers are buying for the new punggol in 5 years time, not the current punggol. Some are skeptical of its value because your mindset is still in the current punggol and it is still undeveloped yet. 5 years down the road to TOP and just nice 4 yrs SSD also over liao, the wait will be sweet.

I do have my worries on the subsale as well, seems pretty flat as all people hurled to buy from developer. Will WT ended up with the same fate in 5 years time?

Experience tells me that unless your location is good and convenient, sub-sale can still move. If you buy slightly cheaper at ulu location, people still rather buy from developer. Because what you can offer in sub sale the developer also can offer mah, why must buy from you and subject to 40% payment upfront immediately? But if location is good and convenient, then its a different story, because its hard to come by mah and not every time the developer can offer a project at good location.

A very interesting comparison betw 8@woodleigh vs WT and its value.
    Gurus/experts will definitely slam table and say: "of coz 8@woodleigh beat WT flat lah" its nearer to city what. I do not want to argue this point but I prefer to ask the following qns:

1) Do 8@woodleigh gives you the convenience of just pressing a button from your lift and bring you straight immediately to a shopping centre if you run out of groceries?
    2) Do 8@woodleigh allows you to watch a midnight movie and all you need is to press your lift button that directly send you back home w/o the hassle of worrying whether u can catch a cab or mrt back home after midnight?
    3) Do 8@woodleigh surrounding gives you nice landscape or open space for recreational activiites e.g flying kites, jogging, cycling etc?

Drive from 8@woodleigh to city confirm faster, unless I really need to go city everyday. But its not part of my regime.
    So it still boils down to buyer's needs.

Even I take mrt, it just took more a mere few minutes more than 8@woodleigh to city so no big deal for me lah.

You might have over-estimated the train capacity and under-estimated ticket costs. Ya, 5 years from now property prices likely to be higher

Many businesses have complained about lack of workers and LKY has just mentioned we need more immigrants. I agree with his analysis, but the government needs to build up its infrastructure and provide more incentives for Singaporeans. It is likely more foreigners will be allowed in by next year.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    You might have over-estimated the train capacity and under-estimated ticket costs. Ya, 5 years from now property prices likely to be higher

Many businesses have complained about lack of workers and LKY has just mentioned we need more immigrants. I agree with his analysis, but the government needs to build up its infrastructure and provide more incentives for Singaporeans. It is likely more foreigners will be allowed in by next year.
    Ya, I do have my blindspot. Thanks for pointing that out.

I do my homework.
    I trust my gut feel.

Hi Bro yowetan, I noticed from your previous post in other sites, you seems to be a very careful person with good analytical thinking. Certainly you are also exploring the possibility of prop investment but you do have your concerns.

OIC, so u are eligible for EC!

Quote Originally Posted by Montaigne
    OIC, so u are eligible for EC!
    Hehe actually I prefer an EC more than PC.
    But must sell off all my PCs and wait 3 yrs before I can apply EC. sianz.

Hehe actually I prefer an EC more than PC.
    But must sell off all my PCs and wait 3 yrs before I can apply EC. sianz.
    And after 3yrs income ceiling hit liao haha. I prefer EC more than 99lh PC, but I prefer freehold more than EC. Taking about own stay or long term investment. But I realised alot of freehold condo or apt are low rise, smaller scale compared to lh99.

I do my homework.
    I trust my gut feel.

Hi Xan, are you getting a one-bedder suite in Watertown?

May I know what is the quarterly maintenance charges?

Let's assuming a 60% LTV, what are the additional hidden cost apart from the 40% upfront payment? What are the mode of payments available for this project.

Pardon for asking flury of questions simultanteously; I am just curious and will like to learn more without visiting the place.

A very interesting comparison betw 8@woodleigh vs WT and its value.
    Gurus/experts will definitely slam table and say: "of coz 8@woodleigh beat WT flat lah" its nearer to city what. I do not want to argue this point but I prefer to ask the following qns:

1) Do 8@woodleigh gives you the convenience of just pressing a button from your lift and bring you straight immediately to a shopping centre if you run out of groceries?
    2) Do 8@woodleigh allows you to watch a midnight movie and all you need is to press your lift button that directly send you back home w/o the hassle of worrying whether u can catch a cab or mrt back home after midnight?
    3) Do 8@woodleigh surrounding gives you nice landscape or open space for recreational activiites e.g flying kites, jogging, cycling etc?

Drive from 8@woodleigh to city confirm faster, unless I really need to go city everyday. But its not part of my regime.
    So it still boils down to buyer's needs.

Even I take mrt, it just took more a mere few minutes more than 8@woodleigh to city so no big deal for me lah.

based on ur reasoning, ANY other ppty w/o integrated Mall and MRT will be INFERIOR to WT liao lor....WOW

u buy simply bcoz it is 5xxk la(ur main motivation)....if smallest unit from 2bdr of px tag from 900k....will u still buy anot? be honest hor

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    based on ur reasoning, ANY other ppty w/o integrated Mall and MRT will be INFERIOR to WT liao lor....WOW

u buy simply bcoz it is 5xxk la....if smallest unit from 2bdr of px tag from 900k....will u still buy anot? be honest hor
    Alamak, dont put words in my mouth, I never say that lah.
    I merely asking qns rather than saying which is good. Did also mentioned 8@woodleight is nearer to city and thats its advantage.
    U buy base on what u need. I dont need 8@woodleigh cos I no need go city everyday.
    But you cannot deny the fact integrate mall is a strong magnet that pulls the crowds. I already made my point I wont buy big quantum at WT, u can read my previous posts.
    Last edited by Xan; 04-02-12 at 09:02.

u buy simply bcoz it is 5xxk la(ur main motivation)....if smallest unit from 2bdr of px tag from 900k....will u still buy anot? be honest hor
    Not sure if this question is fair cos u gotta look at his savings n servicing capability too mah.

I do my homework.
    I trust my gut feel.

U must be a great saver to be able to trade pcs with less than 12k household income. I really look up to u. Can share ur secrets to saving?

Quote Originally Posted by KC76
    U must be a great saver to be able to trade pcs with less than 12k household income. I really look up to u. Can share ur secrets to saving?
    no lah, I cannot even afford a RCR/CCR condo yet hor. I play small quantum only. Sometimes I still gotta move house to cash out. U want this kinda hassle?

Not sure if this question is fair cos u gotta look at his savings n servicing capability too mah.
    yes....bcoz of his limited budget.....tats y he only looking at projects offering 5xxk.....and i aso agree WT bestest la in recent launches for wat 5xxk can buy u

Alamak, dont put words in my mouth, I never say that lah.
    I merely asking qns rather than saying which is good. Did also mentioned 8@woodleight is nearer to city and thats its advantage.
    U buy base on what u need. I dont need 8@woodleigh cos I no need go city everyday.
    But you cannot deny the fact integrate mall is a strong magnet that pulls the crowds. I already made my point I wont buy big quantum at WT, u can read my previous posts.
    i tot u buy WT for investment???? can clarify?

y invest based on ur NEEDS and WANTS?

i nvr buy ppty for investment based on my own needs.....i nid at least 3bdr for my own stay but i bot 1/2bdr for investment hor.....

i stay far far pasir ris hor....but bot 8wood for investment hor....

no lah, I cannot even afford a RCR/CCR condo yet hor. I play small quantum only. Sometimes I still gotta move house to cash out. U want this kinda hassle?
    u recently cash out another investment ppty isit? tats y itchy finger and bot WT?

i nvr buy ppty for investment based on my own needs.....i nid at least 3bdr for my own stay but i bot 1/2bdr for investment hor.....

Seller's remorse....

Switched from exhumed grave to new water grave....

But still uve made achievements n $$$. I dun mind moving to cash in. Need to be flexible in this era.

u recently cash out another investment ppty isit? tats y itchy finger and bot WT?
    My opinion is that WT is good for stay but not investment in the current state of things considering rental prospect. Of cos things may change if decentralisation indeed takes place.

ok, actually we very similar. The place I'm staying is also more than 4 bedrooms and definitely very comfortable to stay.
    Actually alot of things very personal lah.
    who would go publicize family stuffs here and share with everyone right.
    Anyway, I know what I'm doing can liaoz.

What so uncommon of me like others? If these are my needs and wants, its will not be too far off from what majority thinks as well right. Thats why we have 750 WT buyers. Dont you agree?

I presume you buy 8@woodleigh at very good price. Thats somewhere betw 2009 and 2010. And I guess if u buy 1 bedder for investment, your quantum also ard 400 to 500K plus. Would you go buy big quantum at 8wood? No right? Very similar profile and I believe our goals are the same.... long term investment.

My opinion is that WT is good for stay but not investment in the current state of things considering rental prospect. Of cos things may change if decentralisation indeed takes place.
    decentralisation had oredi taken plc......the gap had narrowed significantly since 07 till today for ocr and ccr.....

but there is a limit hor....rite now gap will be further narrowed la in near future due to foreigner kena banned by our lovely govt mah......CCR vy cham now.....

ok, actually we very similar. The place I'm staying is also more than 4 bedrooms and definitely very comfortable to stay.
    Actually alot of things very personal lah.
    who would go publicize family stuffs here and share with everyone right.
    Anyway, I know what I'm doing can liaoz.

What so uncommon of me like others? If these are my needs and wants, its will not be too far off from what majority thinks as well right. Thats why we have 750 WT buyers. Dont you agree?

I presume you buy 8@woodleigh at very good price. Thats somewhere betw 2009 and 2010. And I guess if u buy 1 bedder for investment, your quantum also ard 400 to 500K plus. Very similar profile and I believe our goals are the same.... long term investment.
    i am very different from u.....yes i bot 1/2bdr but aso buy 3/4/PH for investment lor....i bot bigger unit at 8wood la....

y i am different from u......i do not see y we nid to invest in ppty now wif cm4 cum 5.......upside sealed by our lovely govt.....when will CM be removed/relaxed eventually? only when prices drop alot and govt find the need to prop up the mkt

I would love to get a D10 project which is near Henry Park Primary.

I am a person who prefers greenary than canals/rivers etc.

Han nor.

i am very different from u.....yes i bot 1/2bdr but aso buy 3/4/PH for investment lor....i bot bigger unit at 8wood la....

y i am different from u......i do not see y we nid to invest in ppty now wif cm4 cum 5.......upside sealed by our lovely govt.....when will CM be removed/relaxed eventually? only when prices drop alot and govt find the need to prop up the mkt
    I believe everyone is entitled to his/her opinions and views. All are winners if all able to hold should economy turns bad.

i am vy doubtful abt the rental prospect for a 1bdr at punggol.......somemore like 500units are 1bdr.....so scary......upon TOP so many fighting for limited tenants.....

if wana buy into punggol....tat time shd bot at least a 2bdr at ATT liao mah rite.....tat time news oredi out tat WT gona haf mall etc....

a 2bdr still can flip to those hdb upgraders staying nrby lor.....

decentralisation had oredi taken plc......the gap had narrowed significantly since 07 till today for ocr and ccr.....

but there is a limit hor....rite now gap will be further narrowed la in near future due to foreigner kena banned by our lovely govt mah......CCR vy cham now.....
    Agree that prices are converging for OCR n CCR but they can never ever match unless central amenities can be fully be emulated in OCR. With so much focus on OCR now, i wonder if its time to look at CCR units. Like u said maybe wait for prices to dip first bah.

welcome back DP

Xan, if can only afford 5xxk, keep switching can make more $$$ than holding one good one?? each time u switch, you will get hit by SSD, ABSD, lower LTV etc ... worth the switching? unless of course u are switching from poor quality asset to much higher quality asset then make sense

see how azeoprop suffered from seller remorse

WT 1br at 1050psf, not much downside but not sure how much upside lo
    Ride at your own risk !!!

So what are the chances of govt dropping the CMs?
    Even places like parc rosewood are selling well when price is reasonable.
    Govt remove CMs means lunar 7th month ghost gate open.
    What will happen we all know.

I live and accept what is happening right now. If I'm going to compare prop price in 2012 vs 2005 (the first prop I bought is only 430psf). I will never take any steps.

You probably the lucky ones who went in prop segment much more earlier than me or someone who earns much more than me. So you can play big but I can only play small. The method are still the same.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    welcome back DP

Xan, if can only afford 5xxk, keep switching can make more $$$ than holding one good one?? each time u switch, you will get hit by SSD, ABSD, lower LTV etc ... worth the switching? unless of course u are switching from poor quality asset to much higher quality asset then make sense

see how azeoprop suffered from seller remorse

WT 1br at 1050psf, not much downside but not sure how much upside lo
    I bought in some props before CM4 so not subjected to SSD or ABSD.
    Now for anyone who buy....they need to look at "long term"
    Rules are different

So what are the chances of govt dropping the CMs?
    Even places like parc rosewood are selling well when price is reasonable.
    Govt remove CMs means lunar 7th month ghost gate open.
    What will happen we all know.

I live and accept what is happening right now. If I'm going to compare prop price in 2012 vs 2005 (the first prop I bought is only 430psf). I will never take any steps.

You probably the lucky ones who went in prop segment much more earlier than me or someone who earns much more than me. So you can play big but I can only play small. The method are still the same.
    Could you share with me - how old are you and your spouse now?