Page 29 of 115 FirstFirst ... 49141924252627282930313233343944495459 ... LastLast

Thread: Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Nothing wrong to be defensive when you have vested interest. It is perfectly normal as long as you put across your view points objectively and most importantly in a non-offensive manner.

likewise to those who point out the negative points about the project.

The important thing to take note is to respect fellow forum friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Montaigne
    If indeed $2k in future, current subsales will be dunno how many years old already. UNless you are talking abt those less than 5 years old subsale. But unlikely at only 1kpsf and below for location as goo as WT.
    $2K psf?? at punggol watertown? wow...either the whole SG property super bull run with another MBT in seat of the game master table or SG dollars is banana dollars..

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    $2K psf?? at punggol watertown? wow...either the whole SG property super bull run with another MBT in seat of the game master table or SG dollars is banana dollars..
    Why not? He/She never put down a timeline. 50-100yrs later, 2k psf is too low for punggol? perhaps HDB will be 2kpsf 100yrs later

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Bro... no need to get upset lah. You are right, being new here doesn't mean new to property investment or vice versa.

But obviously you have vested interests and it shows in your defensiveness. This being an open forum surely you cannot expect everyone to agree with you right?
    Where got upset bro?
    It's funny when someone appears defensive, he/she is for sure a property agent or some carrot head who has vested interest in a particular project that a few are pouring cold water on.

The extent to your disagreeing with one forumer can be at large matched by his extent of not agreeing with your opinion. it's an endless pit. So surely while i dont expect everyone to agree with me, chances are your views might not be shared by many others as well

Did the definition of sour grapes hit your nerve somewhere that you have to post this reply. If it did, no need to get so upset lah.

I am surely out of your league!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    Why not? He/She never put down a timeline. 50-100yrs later, 2k psf is too low for punggol? perhaps HDB will be 2kpsf 100yrs later
    if the timeline is so long as u mentioned..maybe possible ...but to other projects at that time horizon as this one will be lao kok kok liao unless enbloc huh and top up land lease? but dont be a wet blanket must say huat buy buy...ka ka hoot...

Quote Originally Posted by Montaigne
    1st bedok
    2nd kovan
    3rd punggol

Anyone beg to differ?
    1st Kovan, 2nd Bedok, 3rd Punggol.
    Bedok feels too matured a town le... too crowded... not to my liking...

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    1st Kovan, 2nd Bedok, 3rd Punggol.
    Bedok feels too matured a town le... too crowded... not to my liking...
    Me too. Bedok too many HDB flats. PIE always jam either way. Kovan got more landed housing and near many good schools too.

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    if the timeline is so long as u mentioned..maybe possible ...but to other projects at that time horizon as this one will be lao kok kok liao unless enbloc huh and top up land lease? but dont be a wet blanket must say huat buy buy...ka ka hoot...
    i just want to point out the fact he/she never state a timeline.

Thats all i wanted to convey.

Lets KISS

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Me too. Bedok too many HDB flats. PIE always jam either way. Kovan got more landed housing and near many good schools too.
    both kovan and bedok are commanding similar prices now right?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    both kovan and bedok are commanding similar prices now right?
    Roughly but in terms of amenities, its debatable and nearness to city is also debatable!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Roughly but in terms of amenities, its debatable and nearness to city is also debatable!
    I guess if going to CBD area Bedok slightly more convenient since the EW line is direct no need to change....also Bedok nearer to East Coast area so pple looking for lifestyle living its nearer to seaside and the beaches so may rate Bedok higher...

Bedok can get to Ecp and airport faster and close to changi biz park
    Ride at your own risk !!!

And people who work in jurong island or tuas will prefer jurong east/west.

Wah... bro

I have never said anything negative about Watertown, disagreed with its advantages, called anybody carrot head or what not. Surely you are overly sensitive.

Sour grapes? A bit presumtuous of you don't you think? What makes you say that?

You say I am surely out of your league?... Hmm... on that, you are probably right... but I am not too sure I want to be in your league.

Anyway, you do seem very upset from your tone and accusations. I apologise if I caused it.

Best of luck, I do hope Watertown shoots to $1500psf as well like some bro here projected... hmm.... I wonder what the rest of Singapore's property will be like if Watertown hits $1500psf....

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Molotov
    Where got upset bro?
    It's funny when someone appears defensive, he/she is for sure a property agent or some carrot head who has vested interest in a particular project that a few are pouring cold water on.

The extent to your disagreeing with one forumer can be at large matched by his extent of not agreeing with your opinion. it's an endless pit. So surely while i dont expect everyone to agree with me, chances are your views might not be shared by many others as well

Did the definition of sour grapes hit your nerve somewhere that you have to post this reply. If it did, no need to get so upset lah.

I am surely out of your league!

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Wah... bro

I have never said anything negative about Watertown, disagreed with its advantages, called anybody carrot head or what not. Surely you are overly sensitive.

Sour grapes? A bit presumtuous of you don't you think? What makes you say that?

You say I am surely out of your league?... Hmm... on that, you are probably right... but I am not too sure I want to be in your league.

Anyway, you do seem very upset from your tone and accusations. I apologise if I caused it.

Best of luck, I do hope Watertown shoots to $1500psf as well like some bro here projected... hmm.... I wonder what the rest of Singapore's property will be like if Watertown hits $1500psf....

Cheers!
    2 years back I heard everyone saying yishun PC at 800psf is totally uncalled for. Latest estuary transaction is now 1000+psf. When u say the same thing abt WT now, it's like de ja vu.... Something similar of what I hv heard in 2010.
    Last edited by Xan; 03-02-12 at 21:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    2 years back I heard everyone saying yishun PC at 800psf is totally uncalled for. Latest estuary transaction is now 1000+psf. When u say the same thing abt WT now, it's like de ja vu.... Something similar of what I hv heard in 2010.
    I think howgozit point is, there is a pecking order. If Estuary is $1000 psf, Clover will be $1,200 psf, The Arte will be $1,500 psf and so on. If WT hits $1,500 psf, 8@Woodleigh cannot be $800 psf right? You can disagree with this though.

Anyway, we all hope so since we are all vested in one property or another, except maybe one Bas** guy.

if only it works the way we want it - the sad fact is that the buyers are all rushing to new launches - and sub sales are kinda of 'neglected'

so what happens - the same WT or any new project will end up as a sub sale in future and the answer is right there - so the biggest gainers are developers......

I think howgozit point is, there is a pecking order. If Estuary is $1000 psf, Clover will be $1,200 psf, The Arte will be $1,500 psf and so on. If WT hits $1,500 psf, 8@Woodleigh cannot be $800 psf right? You can disagree with this though.

Anyway, we all hope so since we are all vested in one property or another, except maybe one Bas** guy.

1500psf for this location...seriously

Quote Originally Posted by ppty
    if only it works the way we want it - the sad fact is that the buyers are all rushing to new launches - and sub sales are kinda of 'neglected'

so what happens - the same WT or any new project will end up as a sub sale in future and the answer is right there - so the biggest gainers are developers......
    if current resales at 700-900psf can't move, how sure WT can move at 1500psf when it top as a resale unit too..??

everybody playing the same game, but only buying from the developers.

sub-sale, resale owners are left out in this game..

my

Quote Originally Posted by ppty

Sub sales are neglected because of SSD. Nobody can flip now, so no uncompleted units for sub sale in the market. No choice but buy new launches. If ATT buyers can flip, I am sure some potential WT buyers might consider ATT if got good units.
    Kinda stupid situation. Supposed to control developers pricing with SSD but no, they are laughing all the way to the bank.
    When you play with the market, sometimes the market plays you back.

Precisely that's what is happening right now and today's buyers of new launches are going to be future sub sales sellers ....

its becoming similar concept to buying a brand new car out from the showroom and the depreciation starts....

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    if current resales at 700-900psf can't move, how sure WT can move at 1500psf when it top as a resale unit too..??

my

Sub sales are neglected because of SSD. Nobody can flip now, so no uncompleted units for sub sale in the market. No choice but buy new launches. If ATT buyers can flip, I am sure some potential WT buyers might consider ATT if got good units.
    Kinda stupid situation. Supposed to control developers pricing with SSD but no, they are laughing all the way to the bank.
    When you play with the market, sometimes the market plays you back.

it's not just market played them out, it will be also by weak owners lelonging played them out too.

Watertown already got unit selling at $1500psf ....

unless refer to average of all the 900++ unit, then is about $1200psf.
    1month time, let watch the - Private Residential Property Transactions with Caveats Lodged. we will know all the actual PSF at Watertown cost!

1970 - Got unit cost less then $200? sure have!
    1980 - between $200psf to $400psf,
    1990 - between $500 to $800psf,
    2000 - more then $1000psf
    2010 - lowest maybe $700psf,
    highest is about $6000+psf (centre area)
    for all the new launch.

so 2020, 2030, possible to achieve 2x,3x,4x Profit

We got to admit Property Price will raise in future, as long you buy for long term, no need worry lah. Most of us are buying 2 - 3 Condo unit for the kids, so they can have it when they turn 21yrs old or get Marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71

my

xan, i don't think the old birds are willfully trying to put you down on your purchase so please don't take things too seriously. it's probably that they have benefit of the past and of experience, and that at no point in recent history has such far off areas been priced at 50% above the mean almost overnight, and yet, so many have bought it. You must forgive as its incomprehensible to many - it's like putting a turbocharger in a Chery and pricing it like a Honda, yet it sells like MacDonald's Hello Kitty. If you are right - and i do hope you are - then everyone stands to gain. If you are wrong - luckily, the quantum is so low that losses are negligible. I don't think I'll ever have the guts to help a developer set a record price in an unproven locale, so I personally still have much to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    xan, i don't think the old birds are willfully trying to put you down on your purchase so please don't take things too seriously. it's probably that they have benefit of the past and of experience, and that at no point in recent history has such far off areas been priced at 50% above the mean almost overnight, and yet, so many have bought it. You must forgive as its incomprehensible to many - it's like putting a turbocharger in a Chery and pricing it like a Honda, yet it sells like MacDonald's Hello Kitty. If you are right - and i do hope you are - then everyone stands to gain. If you are wrong - luckily, the quantum is so low that losses are negligible. I don't think I'll ever have the guts to help a developer set a record price in an unproven locale, so I personally still have much to learn.
    I disagree....many of the "old birds" on this forum are quite yaya papaya. Can name a few of these folks here who just because bought a few properties then think they are property gurus and know exactly when and what constitute a good buy....and start to post their expert comments....see liao also wan to vomit.

Xan made a good point on the typical people on this forum. He is also experienced in property investment and I find his views extremely value adding unlike the typical self professed gurus/old birds who only puts other down with their narrow views

Anyway, time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    That's the reason why we feel the price is right, 500+k above mall, mrt, cinema, nice landscape garden with lotsa recreation activities. I seriously dunno where else I can find.

You want to recommend me any place?
    Hi Xan, could you share with me either here or PM on your household income profile, as well as the unit price you have paid for?

I am evaluating myself, and my family. A rough guide from your end would be suffice. TIA.

why take things so seriously in the internet ... it could be my dogs in front of keyboard
    Ride at your own risk !!!

You mean BAStard or BASic? They are the same person fyi, one in nick, the other in character.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    Hi Xan, could you share with me either here or PM on your household income profile, as well as the unit price you have paid for?

I am evaluating myself, and my family. A rough guide from your end would be suffice. TIA.
    Xan is an invester, owned a few properties including WT, so might be diff from your case for own stay.

Actually wanted to wake up early and do abit of my work but see the forums becomes active again, so finger itchy again

No worries, so far no one had put me or other WT buyers down yet. Still enjoying myself here.... just uncomfortable with names calling only.

Ok this is how I feel abt WT and its worth now.
    Currently it only worth at most 700-800psf!At this point, nothing is avavilable in punggol, not a mature estate, not even near any kopitiam, eateries, no shops, no people and nothing but only a MRT/LRT. (Got MRT also no use, imagine who would want to travel all the way to punggol with basically nothing there)

I reccee, cycled and google the masterplan, starting from the day when one of my friend bought Parc river (EC at punggol). I begin to realise punggol is an uncovered gem with lotsa potential and gonna to be exciting in future for the next generation.

Why 750 WT buyers so "stupid" go and buy WT at 1200psf on average?
    (In fact most of them bought below 1100psf during the preview, I just dont bother to say only)
    I reckon they understand that in 5 years time, the whole place will be transformed. I need not repeat what amedities WT has and how conveniet it will be in 5 yrs time. Wifey and I was cycling the whole stretch of waterway, from lorong halus to the end of waterway garden...in fact we didnt complete the whole cycling trip coz the journey was too much for us to cover. (maybe we physically unfit as well lah). We are truely amazed by how the watertown landscape had been designed and I can sense that this time, govt really mean bisnuess in transforming punggol.

750 WT buyers are buying for the new punggol in 5 years time, not the current punggol. Some are skeptical of its value because your mindset is still in the current punggol and it is still undeveloped yet. 5 years down the road to TOP and just nice 4 yrs SSD also over liao, the wait will be sweet.

I do have my worries on the subsale as well, seems pretty flat as all people hurled to buy from developer. Will WT ended up with the same fate in 5 years time?

Experience tells me that unless your location is good and convenient, sub-sale can still move. If you buy slightly cheaper at ulu location, people still rather buy from developer. Because what you can offer in sub sale the developer also can offer mah, why must buy from you and subject to 40% payment upfront immediately? But if location is good and convenient, then its a different story, because its hard to come by mah and not every time the developer can offer a project at good location.

A very interesting comparison betw 8@woodleigh vs WT and its value.
    Gurus/experts will definitely slam table and say: "of coz 8@woodleigh beat WT flat lah" its nearer to city what. I do not want to argue this point but I prefer to ask the following qns:

1) Do 8@woodleigh gives you the convenience of just pressing a button from your lift and bring you straight immediately to a shopping centre if you run out of groceries?
    2) Do 8@woodleigh allows you to watch a midnight movie and all you need is to press your lift button that directly send you back home w/o the hassle of worrying whether u can catch a cab or mrt back home after midnight?
    3) Do 8@woodleigh surrounding gives you nice landscape or open space for recreational activiites e.g flying kites, jogging, cycling etc?

Drive from 8@woodleigh to city confirm faster, unless I really need to go city everyday. But its not part of my regime.
    So it still boils down to buyer's needs.

Even I take mrt, it just took more a mere few minutes more than 8@woodleigh to city so no big deal for me lah.