Page 27 of 115 FirstFirst ... 27121722232425262728293031323742475257 ... LastLast

Thread: Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    I went in ATT forum last year, also seen this kinda sour grapes shouting 850-950psf damn expensive for such ulu location, and calling those who bought ATT "carrot head", "insane", "crazy" etc.

You don't want to congratulate these people its ok lah, why act like a loser and resort to names calling?

That time I didnt bought ATT and I see those poor ATT buyers get criticized I also feel pissed. What makes you think they had made a wrong decision? Now you see, ATT buyers are the winners after WT launch.
    not so fast, ATT quantum is much bigger, at the end not much diff .. of course, both projects can make $$ as long as there is no draconian demand side policy from garmen ... how about ABSD 20% for 2nd home

IMHO, ATT and WT buyers bought at reasonable PSF (except of course those > 1300psf sky patios), but beware of policy risk going forward
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    not so fast, ATT quantum is much bigger, at the end not much diff .. of course, both projects can make $$ as long as there is no harsh demand side policy from garmen
    Comparing large quantum units betw ATT and WT, ATT buyers are still benefitting.
    This is an undeniable fact.

with regards to what future CMs that might be introduced, no one has any control.

Comparing large quantum units betw ATT and WT, ATT buyers are still benefitting.
    This is an undeniable fact.
    You sound like bao jia

You sound like bao jia
    I based on facts and figures, not gut feel.
    Even I'm vested in WT, but I cannot deny the fact those who bought big units at ATT is benefitting from WT's launch.

I based on facts and figures, not gut feel.
    Even I'm vested in WT, but I cannot deny the fact those who bought big units at ATT is benefitting from WT's launch.
    Benefiting on paper, don't forget the 4y SSD and potential policy risk going forward

Frankly speaking, the entire PC market is benefiting from WT "on paper", not just ATT ...

Winner of the day is FEO, just look at Hillier, Tennery n WT.

Benefiting on paper, don't forget the 4y SSD and potential policy risk going forward

Frankly speaking, the entire PC market is benefiting from WT "on paper", not just ATT ...
    For once, I'm also worry with more CMs and policy change, it will deter property investment.
    And I naively wait, hoping one day property price will crash and CMs will be removed. (Probably this is what Mr B hopes for)

But then, whats my opportunity cost? How long can I live? How long can I wait? As I get older, would bank still approve my loan? - so these are the qns I ask myself.

Some sharp forumers had already pointed out... govt's intention is to curb speculation but not crash the property in singapore. I enjoy the slow growth in property price rather than hoping it to rise and fall so drastically overnight which might led to property crash.

Our govt very smart.
    They will not remove the 4 yr SSD and LTV, and for those who are out there hoping this to happen, it is very unlikely. Even with recent CMs, the sales for some projects with great convenience in terms of amendities are selling quite well, if govt remove the CM, its like opening the gate for all hungry ghost to flock in and this will create another round of unhealthy hype in price.

I believe all 750 WT buyers; no one bought for quick flip now. The mindset is more for long term investment or self stay especially sites that can give you the convenience. Since WT satisfy all the requirements (e.g, convenience, low quantum, nice landscape garden for recreation activity etc) I dont see why I should hold my spare cash tight tight and bring them into coffin.

Afterall, I disagree that the entire PC market is benefitting from WT for paper gain. You go see other PC showflat which are at poorer location, they had been selling for years but still cannot move. Obviously your statement cannot hold.

Sorry if I've said too much and this is usually not me. Because talk more, offend people more
    Last edited by Xan; 01-02-12 at 17:23.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Their policies also untentionally or intentionally penalizes people buying resale and encourages people to buy new launch.
    As I mention before, last time they encourage many people to study IT, and then many IT graduates end up jobless because of oversupply. After that, they encourage many to study Biotech, and many Biotech graduates end up ???. Please remember these and see the analogy to the incentives of buying new launch properties.

For once, I'm also worry with more CMs and policy change, it will deter property investment.
    And I naively wait, hoping one day property price will crash and CMs will be removed. (Probably this is what Mr B hopes for)

But then, whats my opportunity cost? How long can I live? How long can I wait? As I get older, would bank still approve my loan? - so these are the qns I ask myself.

Some sharp forumers had already pointed out... govt's intention is to curb speculation but not crash the property in singapore. I enjoy the slow growth in property price rather than hoping it to rise and fall so drastically overnight which might led to property crash.

Our govt very smart.
    They will not remove the 4 yr SSD and LTV, and for those who are out there hoping this to happen, it is very unlikely. Even with recent CMs, the sales for some projects with great convenience in terms of amendities are selling quite well, if govt remove the CM, its like opening the gate for all hungry ghost to flock in and this will create another round of unhealthy hype in price.

I believe all 750 WT buyers; no one bought for quick flip now. The mindset is more for long term investment or self stay especially sites that can give you the convenience. Since WT satisfy all the requirements (e.g, convenience, low quantum, nice landscape garden for recreation activity etc) I dont see why I should hold my spare cash tight tight and bring them into coffin.

Afterall, I disagree that the entire PC market is benefitting from WT for paper gain. You go see other PC showflat which are at poorer location, they had been selling for years but still cannot move. Obviously your statement cannot hold.

Sorry if I've said too much and this is usually not me. Because talk more, offend people more

Our govt very smart.

Dun worry, u make perfect sense. People can say all they want. Who will be staying in condo linked to mall, cinema and MRT? Not keyboard warriors like us for sure

Quote Originally Posted by ulrich76
    Dun worry, u make perfect sense. People can say all they want. Who will be staying in condo linked to mall, cinema and MRT? Not keyboard warriors like us for sure
    I must say I would certainly enjoy the idea of staying above a cineplex. If only the price was right.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    I must say I would certainly enjoy the idea of staying above a cineplex. If only the price was right.
    That's the reason why we feel the price is right, 500+k above mall, mrt, cinema, nice landscape garden with lotsa recreation activities. I seriously dunno where else I can find.

You want to recommend me any place?

That's the reason why we feel the price is right, 500+k above mall, mrt, cinema, nice landscape garden with lotsa recreation activities. I seriously dunno where else I can find.

I don't have any place to recommend. The price is too rich for my vein that's all. Great if you like your buy price.

But why do you *have* to invest your 200k in a property ? (I assumed 60% LTV). or the upfront 100k now ? is it because there is no other avenue for this investment ? Is it because you believe pty investment in SG is bao jiat ?

Just yesterday you can have a new issue of corporate bond in SGD yielding 5% 10 yrs (callable at 5th). issuer is a AAA rated bank. I can get a nice 5% with relative small risk, tax free, hassle free.

Or imagine next week budget the gov introduces a iBond just like HK ...

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    But why do you *have* to invest your 200k in a property ? (I assumed 60% LTV). or the upfront 100k now ? is it because there is no other avenue for this investment ? Is it because you believe pty investment in SG is bao jiat ?

Just yesterday you can have a new issue of corporate bond in SGD yielding 5% 10 yrs (callable at 5th). issuer is a AAA rated bank. I can get a nice 5% with relative small risk, tax free, hassle free.

Always remember, money is just a means to an end. Money is not yours until you have spent it...

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Me too! Watch midnight show finish can just walk back home...so convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by amk

iBond or corp bond where got adrenaline rush .... seeing WT sold off itself is psychologically fulfilling

what is the min sum to invest in your AAA rated bank?

Xan, what is the cheapest 1br ... more like 599k or 501k?

Cheapest should be 1000psf isn't it for super-west-sun facing suites?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80
    Me too! Watch midnight show finish can just walk back home...so convenient.
    until then, i just have to pay $10 to take a cab home. lol.

ulrich, your quote of "Money is not yours until you have spent it..." is pretty interesting, you're not the first person whom I have heard saying it this week.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    But Singapore is so small.
    Stay anyway also can get the smell.
    Looking at the wind patterns in Singapore you will see that there are 2 tradewinds affecting this island state. North East Monsoons from roughly Nov-Mar and South West Monsoons from Jun-Sep. In between the trade winds shift is called the inter-monsoonal periods.

If you examine the wind patterns against the map of Singapore you will see that the East Coast area is least affected. At any time of the year, the East Coast to Changi Area is not affected by the incinerators at Senoko, refineries in Bukom or toxic gases from the Pasir Gudang plants.

It is however still affected by the forest fires in Indonesia during the SW monsoons.

Xan, what is the cheapest 1br ... more like 599k or 501k?

Cheapest should be 1000psf isn't it for super-west-sun facing suites?
    I was there at the preview. the cheapest 1br is ard 530k after discount and though not west sun facing.

Xan fret not, all launches will hv the usual suspects of naysayers who cast gloom and poke fun at their richer, braver counterparts.
    Their profile is typical:
    1) not enough cash
    2) stuck with bto flat
    3) not enough in oa and sa
    4) invested in the wrong property with no growth
    5)waiting till neck long long for prices to drop to bto levels hoping to buy their first PC
    6) SOUR GRAPES!
    They are coffee table generals who daydream..
    Oh they LIE all the time about their" so and so friends" who went bankrupt buying the
    e wrong property etc etc...
    Sit back and enjoy all that WT can offer to u!
    By the way i hv been a Punggolian (still is) for 9 years - smell? Jets? Don't listen to those losers...
    ...my 2 ¢ worth..

Cheapest 530sqft at 1kpsf ok la, still thirty percent cheaper than bedok, 2k rental compete with 3r hdb at kovan may have takers

Quote Originally Posted by Molotov
    Xan fret not, all launches will hv the usual suspects of naysayers who cast gloom and poke fun at their richer, braver counterparts.
    Their profile is typical:
    1) not enough cash
    2) stuck with bto flat
    3) not enough in oa and sa
    4) invested in the wrong property with no growth
    5)waiting till neck long long for prices to drop to bto levels hoping to buy their first PC
    6) SOUR GRAPES!
    They are coffee table generals who daydream..
    Oh they LIE all the time about their" so and so friends" who went bankrupt buying the
    e wrong property etc etc...
    Sit back and enjoy all that WT can offer to u!
    By the way i hv been a Punggolian (still is) for 9 years - smell? Jets? Don't listen to those losers...
    ...my 2 ¢ worth..
    Thanks for your support.
    Alamak, this is your first post? Hey dont sabo me leh, wait people think I re-register another account and support my own statement. lol

No lar, I just dont like the fact that 750 WT buyers (in fact 800 plus already according to my agent) are labelled as "carrot head".
    I dont think these buyers never do their calculation and comparison before they bought this project because afterall it involved quite a big sum of money.

Anyway, thanks for clarifying the smell and the jet part.
    I'm not staying punggol so I dont know.
    So are you one of the WT buyer? if yes, which unit you bought?

The sales number speaks for themselves. There is a demand for such location and the pricing is reasonable.

Look at The Luxurie, similar attributes but so poor sales. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    The sales number speaks for themselves. There is a demand for such location and the pricing is reasonable.

Look at The Luxurie, similar attributes but so poor sales. Why?

Luxurie developer must be lamenting their sales figures now...

It could be due ot Feng Shui which Luxurie site does not have.
    Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Luxurie developer must be lamenting their sales figures now...

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple
    I was there at the preview. the cheapest 1br is ard 530k after discount and though not west sun facing.
    ya, i see the price i already very tempted to buy.
    Initially I was waiting for the yishun hub.
    But i scare Yishun hub might not be cheap as well, or maybe dont have those of lower quantum, so in the end commit to WT.
    This one got nicer scenery and more recreational activity around, think shopping mall is newer and bigger. Looks more exciting.

ya, i see the price i already very tempted to buy.
    Initially I was waiting for the yishun hub.
    But i scare Yishun hub might not be cheap as well, or maybe dont have those of lower quantum, so in the end commit to WT.
    This one got nicer scenery and more recreational activity around, think shopping mall is newer and bigger. Looks more exciting.
    why Yishun? is a mature estate but not much to offer leh.....

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    why Yishun? is a mature estate but not much to offer leh.....
    Because that place is affordable in terms of housing and its a mature estate.

771 sold liao