Page 25 of 115 FirstFirst ... 5101520212223242526272829303540455055 ... LastLast

Thread: Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    2.5k for a studio in WT is considered very high. i was thinking of 2k.

I have explored some MMs in little india area and the angmors are paying 2.5-2.8k
    I am give the bro here some benifit of doubt. given its so so new so so connected so so may pple and facility.. and 4-5yrs later + inflation. Give face a bit 2500pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    it was mentioned that 2/3 of the buyers holding HDB address in the vicinity. Perhaps their flats have appreciated more than doubled and they feel confident about investing in another one. Quantum does the trick as well. 600k budget really got very limited choice.

Personally feel that 3/4bedder is a safer bet for such location. However, the quantum and psf is comparable to FH and city fringe ones.

I will not commit to a property due to the quantum alone.
    Precisely!

Quote Originally Posted by bigapplefan
    would like to check, anyone knows if watertown punggol will kena any weird smells coming from oil refinery in Malaysia?
    Frankly I have not smelled anything funny. I go to my in laws at punggol everyday and I myself stay at sengkang. Not vested in Watertown, just telling the truth as it is. In any case, if the situation is jialat, yishun and sembawang should get it also. They also face the pasir gudang area

Quote Originally Posted by ulrich76
    Frankly I have not smelled anything funny. I go to my in laws at punggol everyday and I myself stay at sengkang. Not vested in Watertown, just telling the truth as it is. In any case, if the situation is jialat, yishun and sembawang should get it also. They also face the pasir gudang area
    The refineries, Oil Palm factories and Power Station are unfortunately nearer to Punggol than Yishun or Sembawang.

Default How many sold?

Does anyone know how many units sold till now?

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbird
    I heard from another forum that 600 sold liao.

My father stay in Sengkang, brother in Punggol.
    No complaints so far.
    But from my bro's place can see Johor.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbird
    According to FEO website running ticker, it reads "Watertown - Overwhelming response - 700 units sold!"

http://www.fareast.com.sg/feocorp.we...e=quick-search

Upgraders and Singaporeans are really very rich.

Buy despite all the CMs (govt/policy pressure) and even when the Head of PropNex Agency say property market has peaked! When you have the guy who makes his money from buying/selling say it's going down - thats a very bad sign.

Huat ar! No retreat, No surrender!

Quote Originally Posted by Tripp
    According to FEO website running ticker, it reads "Watertown - Overwhelming response - 700 units sold!"

http://www.fareast.com.sg/feocorp.we...e=quick-search

http://www.fareast.com.sg/FEOCorp.We...-info&prop=342

"Suites & Residences SOLD OUT! New release of 2 & 3 bedroom SOHOs and 4 bedroom apartments (Sky Patios)!

Unit price starting from $660K."

Pricelist here:
    http://www.fareast.com.sg/FEOCorp.Up...ist(26Jan).pdf

Just Unbelievable, 700 units in 12 days!!! Just what was needed to prop up the market after CM in December.

Seems like the Wee Hur Project next to Punggol mrt will be launched very soon and is going to see healthy sales:

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Five+c...rd+to+in+2012/

"While this site received 13 bids, experts said that the highest tendered wasn’t enough. Wee Hur Development put in the winning bid of $206m, and a quick calculation puts the psf ppr to be around $350. It’s slightly less than that of A Treasure Trove, but we’re quite sure this one will be one hot property. Our guesstimate of the selling price? $850-$950 psf. Forget Watertown, this one could be even better!"

I have stayed in Punggol for 7 years. I have sensitive nose and there are wierld smell at night and every morning....quite bad for me. How to discribe, "sour" smell...and my kids have sensitive airway too. You can see the black smoke from the burning incinerator from punggol beach.

We are moving out soon.

Not to mention the very noisy aircraft almost everyday.

I can't believe people willing to pay $1000psf for watertown......ok if you sleep in air-con room everyday...

I am one who can't stand weird smell and noise. The smell in punggol comes from pasir gudang petrochemical plant which is burning 24/7. The chemical clouds that drift to singapore is highly toxic, even NEA dare not deny it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bishanowner
    I have stayed in Punggol for 7 years. I have sensitive nose and there are wierld smell at night and every morning....quite bad for me. How to discribe, "sour" smell...and my kids have sensitive airway too. You can see the black smoke from the burning incinerator from punggol beach.

We are moving out soon.

Not to mention the very noisy aircraft almost everyday.

I can't believe people willing to pay $1000psf for watertown......ok if you sleep in air-con room everyday...

Announcement: 700 units sold. SUITES AND RESIDENCES SOLD OUT! NEW RELEASE OF 2 and 3-bedroom SOHO and 3-bedroom and 4-bedrooom apartments (Sky Patios).

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    I am one who can't stand weird smell and noise. The smell in punggol comes from pasir gudang petrochemical plant which is burning 24/7. The chemical clouds that drift to singapore is highly toxic, even NEA dare not deny it.
    But Singapore is so small.
    Stay anyway also can get the smell.

Only when there's forest fire in Indonesia lah.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Announcement: 700 units sold. SUITES AND RESIDENCES SOLD OUT! NEW RELEASE OF 2 and 3-bedroom SOHO and 3-bedroom and 4-bedrooom apartments (Sky Patios).

700 out of 1000 sold. They can take their time and sell liao, no pressure. I am really keen to know why the buyers took the bite. No one should ever criticise or laugh at the buyers. If the profile is largely HDB, presume they would have done their homework, regardless of what the agents say.

It takes guts to buy a property at any point in time. There is no sure win. Am sure there are many keyboard warriors who have criticised just about every property launched, and are still waiting for prices to drop since maybe 2007?

Quote Originally Posted by gn108
    Upgraders and Singaporeans are really very rich.

Buy despite all the CMs (govt/policy pressure) and even when the Head of PropNex Agency say property market has peaked! When you have the guy who makes his money from buying/selling say it's going down - thats a very bad sign.

Huat ar! No retreat, No surrender!

Yes yes..what is CM5 ??this is nothing to upgraders...cheong ah buy buy more before more CMs come out... challenge them to come out more CM, even more CMs, singkies are gungho and not easily beaten by CM ones, no retreat! no surrender! what is CM, it is nothing.. year of Dragon..people cheong AHHH.....got heaven to po pi so no worry.. Huat ah....

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    Yes yes..what is CM5 ??this is nothing to upgraders...cheong ah buy buy more before more CMs come out... challenge them to come out more CM, even more CMs, singkies are gungho and not easily beaten by CM ones, no retreat! no surrender! what is CM, it is nothing.. year of Dragon..people cheong AHHH.....got heaven to po pi so no worry.. Huat ah....
    Dear Peter,

I think I need to ask u to Stay Calm and Cool! Haha!
    Latest news from the showflats - 750 units sold!

Apparently, many who saw the showflats over last 12 days are eyeing the sky patio units. And now that its launched, all those SP units with full water view - ALL snapped up ... ALL!!!

So, this month, Jan 2012, we should see private property sales rebound by more than 100% from Dec 2011. 100% !!!

DKSG
    Stay Calm and Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    Dear Peter,

I think I need to ask u to Stay Calm and Cool! Haha!
    Latest news from the showflats - 750 units sold!

Apparently, many who saw the showflats over last 12 days are eyeing the sky patio units. And now that its launched, all those SP units with full water view - ALL snapped up ... ALL!!!

So, this month, Jan 2012, we should see private property sales rebound by more than 100% from Dec 2011. 100% !!!

DKSG
    Stay Calm and Cool
    too bad far east is not listed or will have hooted

700 out of 1000 sold. They can take their time and sell liao, no pressure. I am really keen to know why the buyers took the bite. No one should ever criticise or laugh at the buyers. If the profile is largely HDB, presume they would have done their homework, regardless of what the agents say.

It takes guts to buy a property at any point in time. There is no sure win. Am sure there are many keyboard warriors who have criticised just about every property launched, and are still waiting for prices to drop since maybe 2007?
    These buyers are gut sure that they will have the means to finance the condo, ie most think they will be able to dispose of their HDB when the time comes or afford to hold on to both.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    These buyers are gut sure that they will have the means to finance the condo, ie most think they will be able to dispose of their HDB when the time comes or afford to hold on to both.
    if they can put down the downpayment.. then usually should be fine.. as they can rent out one of the unit, to at least breakeven when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple
    if they can put down the downpayment.. then usually should be fine.. as they can rent out one of the unit, to at least breakeven when the time comes.
    All residences are sold out. Incredible.

I'm not sure how they get the info 90% with HDB address.
    I put my Uncle's HDB address just to get the 2% discount even though I'm not staying in HDB and I'm the one financing the loan, not my uncle.
    Which means to say that, would they use such cases in their computation?
    If so, I guess its not accurate already as I believe alot of people are doing that.

Some places worse than others in situations other than haze
    Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    But Singapore is so small.
    Stay anyway also can get the smell.

Don't they need your I/C while processing? May be they give to everyone, HDB or non HDB address.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    I put my Uncle's HDB address just to get the 2% discount even though I'm not staying in HDB and I'm the one financing the loan, not my uncle.
    If so, I guess its not accurate already as I believe alot of people are doing that.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...07940,00.html?

Published January 26, 2012

Over 90% of units sold in Watertown picked up by S'poreans

Lower than normal foreign share points to ABSD effect

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

(SINGAPORE) Initial evidence suggests that the additional buyer's stamp duty (ABSD) may have succeeded in cooling foreign buying.

More than 90 per cent of the over 550 units sold so far for Watertown condo in Punggol have been taken up by Singaporeans. This is down from a share of about 80 per cent for Singaporean buyers in other surburban condos - or 'transurban' condos as developer Far East Organization likes to call them - that were launched by the property giant last year, such as The Tennery above the Ten Mile Junction LRT Station in Bukit Panjang, The Greenwich in Seletar Hills and euHabitat at Jalan Eunos.

Singaporean buyers have also accounted for about 80 per cent of buyers at The Hillier next to the upcoming Hillview MRT Station on the Downtown Line, which was previewed last month after the Dec 7 announcement of the introduction of the ABSD - although options to buyers were issued only from Jan 1 this year.

A source reckons that foreigners and permanent residents may be drawn to the Hillview location given its proximity to the Bukit Timah area and good schools which many well-heeled PRs in particular would be familiar with.

From Dec 8, 2011, foreigners pay 10 per cent ABSD on any residential property purchase in Singapore. Permanent residents pay 3 per cent ABSD on their second and subsequent residential property while Singaporeans pay the same ABSD rate on their third and subsequent residential property.

As for Watertown, which Far East is developing jointly with Frasers Centrepoint and Japan's Sekisui House, about half of the buyers are from District 19 (Sengkang, Hougang, Punggol and Serangoon) and two thirds are residing in public housing flats. 'Interestingly, some of our buyers are purchasing the units at Watertown for their weekend/holiday homes and also for retirement. Many are also buying for their children as well,' said Far East's chief operating officer, property sales, Chia Boon Kuah.

Explaining the strong sustained sales momentum for Watertown, which went on the market last Wednesday, Mr Chia pointed to the project's uniqueness. 'It's a one-of-its-kind mixed use development that offers waterfront living integrated with a mall (Waterway Point) and the Punggol MRT Station.'

He also points to the strong appeal of homes in mixed-use developments, which was also seen in The Tennery, Greenwich and The Hillier.

Another selling point for Watertown, which will have 992 residential units, is the expertise of Far East's partners in the project - Frasers Centrepoint in retail mall operations and Sekisui in innovative green construction technology - adding to the brand equity of Watertown, said Mr Chia.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    They just tell what they found. Dun bother to dig as it is not important than getting the sale thru and you get your discount. They dun mind giving the calculated discount.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Don't they need your I/C while processing? May be they give to everyone, HDB or non HDB address.
    Only S&P need to reflect the correct address. Preliminary records are less stringent so yes, reflections of such data might be highly inaccurate.

Is stamp duty reimbursement by property developer legal?
    Published on Jan 30, 2012

THE Government recently introduced the 10 per cent additional buyer's stamp duty for foreigners as a measure to cool the property market.

But Far East Organization has been actively advertising a stamp duty reimbursement promotion for all its new property launches.

This seems to be a blatant attempt by the property developer to dilute the effect of the cooling measure.

Can the Ministry of National Development clarify whether such a practice is legal as it effectively discriminates against Singaporeans in their own country?

No matter what spin Far East gives to its move, reimbursing stamp duty effectively results in the developer selling its units at a lower price to foreigners.

If the Government is serious about placing Singaporeans first, why is it condoning such promotions by Far East?

Samuel Tan
    http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/Story/STIStory_760761.html