Page 107 of 115 FirstFirst ... 7782879297102103104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,210 of 3440

Thread: Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

LOL.... Car Park always full, Queue everywhere very long, Security could be a concern, so far from town, even train all take time, 1600psf........ Unit size minus 30% un usable space is 400sqf no bigger than a hotel room... weak rental 2k! uniqueness of this place coz have water front? Singapore surrounded with sea. So many project have waterfront .

Place is surrounded with HDB. and EC which also can get access to the same congested amenities at lower psf and better yield. So what so special ? Good meh? Other than those who have no choice already commit to eat this carrot coz buy liao. But there are other better bites ard the area.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...r-rent-coralis

I can rent a coralis right in the happening east with so many solid malls ard. PWP, i12, FarEast V Mall not to say the great foodies place in joo chiat etc. and so near to town. Why would people pay 2K pls for a ulu place so dar out?

Ok lets talk location and view. for 1.1kpsf got city view , got MBS view, Got Seaview, stone thrown to a multi billion park Gardens by the bay. new MRT on the way . So near to city. and yet! 1.1Kpsf! Why would anyone want to pay 1300 to 1600 psf for a congested ulu, far flung place that is not even anything unique.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...ia-condominium

In case people KPKB here say Studio near city , near sea and MBS and amenities i.e. sports hub where got 1200psf... NAHHHH...

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

GOT ANOTHER ONE even better than this town!

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...le-crystal-rhu

free hold! 1300psf just like what people pay for WT! also have water view, also have amenities and billion dollars infra at door steps. MRT on the way also . and Tanjong ruh don't have the congestion , crowd , or security concerns!

EHHH did i forget FREEHOLD????? LOL!
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

No need to say so much lah. First day only waterway point already so well received. The result says it all. There must be something special about this place. Not sure the projects you mentioned have similar amenities to justify the psf. And furthermore, those are posted by agents and not actual data. Freehold or not freehold is not important, we are all mortals, we will get old and conveniences is top priority. With MRT just at the doorstep , every corner of the tiny island of Singapore will be nearer then expected. And then again, do the residents need to travel far to get the necessity?

If missed out watertown don't worry, there is still northpark residence. So don't miss again.

Quote Originally Posted by samhsm View Post
    No need to say so much lah. First day only waterway point already so well received. The result says it all. There must be something special about this place. Not sure the projects you mentioned have similar amenities to justify the psf. And furthermore, those are posted by agents and not actual data. Freehold or not freehold is not important, we are all mortals, we will get old and conveniences is top priority. With MRT just at the doorstep , every corner of the tiny island of Singapore will be nearer then expected. And then again, do the residents need to travel far to get the necessity?

hah.. but when old like people will live simple also travel less and need less so all the material needs are not so important. will be shopping less too. so amenities might not be needed when old.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    hah.. but when old like people will live simple also travel less and need less so all the material needs are not so important. will be shopping less too. so amenities might not be needed when old.
    Exactly as you said, when people are old will hope to travel less. But if you want to stay active and live in a vibrant area and feels young, Watertown is a very good options. But if you have lower expectations, like mostly stay indoors and hope social workers will bring you the necessities , HDB studio apartment is a good option.

Quote Originally Posted by samhsm View Post
    Exactly as you said, when people are old will hope to travel less. But if you want to stay active and live in a vibrant area and feels young, Watertown is a very good options. But if you have lower expectations, like mostly stay indoors and hope social workers will bring you the necessities , HDB studio apartment is a good option.
    Oh WT vibrant? Or congested? Old people jostle with crowd. Pollution and security concerns? Lol. I think other more peaceful better located bang for bucks areas to retire leh.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

wahhhhh... let's not bicker about petty and trivial matters.

everyone has their own preferences, i.e. perhaps close to relatives/parents?...

it's all about personal choice...

every home is a dream home...

I really think price is the most important factor. 1.6k psf, screw it. Coralis is a different condo altogether. D15. But if you want MRT, Coralis don't have MRT. So really depends on your needs. If I work in north, why would I want to get Coralis right? Anyway, WT is not that bad. It is ulu, no doubt. But the question is, why do I need to stay near city? And if my budget is 1.2k psf, then it fits my needs. Better condos are everywhere. The debates never end one. At the end of the day, depends on your needs and wants. But I have to agree that if you are buying at 1.6k psf for investment, you must be nuts.

LOL.... Car Park always full, Queue everywhere very long, Security could be a concern, so far from town, even train all take time, 1600psf........ Unit size minus 30% un usable space is 400sqf no bigger than a hotel room... weak rental 2k! uniqueness of this place coz have water front? Singapore surrounded with sea. So many project have waterfront .

Place is surrounded with HDB. and EC which also can get access to the same congested amenities at lower psf and better yield. So what so special ? Good meh? Other than those who have no choice already commit to eat this carrot coz buy liao. But there are other better bites ard the area.

I can rent a coralis right in the happening east with so many solid malls ard. PWP, i12, FarEast V Mall not to say the great foodies place in joo chiat etc. and so near to town. Why would people pay 2K pls for a ulu place so dar out?

Ok lets talk location and view. for 1.1kpsf got city view , got MBS view, Got Seaview, stone thrown to a multi billion park Gardens by the bay. new MRT on the way . So near to city. and yet! 1.1Kpsf! Why would anyone want to pay 1300 to 1600 psf for a congested ulu, far flung place that is not even anything unique.

In case people KPKB here say Studio near city , near sea and MBS and amenities i.e. sports hub where got 1200psf... NAHHHH...

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    I really think price is the most important factor. 1.6k psf, screw it. Coralis is a different condo altogether. D15. But if you want MRT, Coralis don't have MRT. So really depends on your needs. If I work in north, why would I want to get Coralis right? Anyway, WT is not that bad. It is ulu, no doubt. But the question is, why do I need to stay near city? And if my budget is 1.2k psf, then it fits my needs. Better condos are everywhere. The debates never end one. At the end of the day, depends on your needs and wants. But I have to agree that if you are buying at 1.6k psf for investment, you must be nuts.
    From a renter perspective Coralis is better bang for buck give its same rental price pt as WT. compare to WT there are better access to more amenities. namely malls, park, beaches , food, and near town etc. for long term investors then the MRT is also going to be right at the door step. too. but I was comparing it as a tenant not a investor coz given the rental ask for corals is 2.6k for example open to nego. while a WT is also expecting the same. even if its a bit lower the benefits is stacked against it.

as for work. well more jobs are located centrally or on the upper east hubs. so the NE side not much working folks tenants. want to bang on the seletar hub folks thats not a lot of people and there are also a lot of choices nearer to the selatar hub. like greenwich for example.

so all these hype the WT is so special frankly I don't see it at all. sorry to be blunt about it. but I see a spade I call a spade.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

At 1.6k psf, there's alot of options and if you want to make money by selling the unit, you have to sell at minimum 1.8k psf and that's really too much for this area. Within Punggol, there's no lack of EC and PC so supply is there. Paya Lebar central will be a better choice. There's a huge office/commercial/residential project coming up beside the Paya Lebar MRT and Singpost building is also undergoing renovation to become a mall (with cinema). Amongst the regional centres, it is the closest to the city and has good connectivity. That area is a laggard and probably because don't have much supporting businesses yet. I heard that Paya Lebar Square has alot of empty offices.

In another few years time, Punggol central area will be transformed. It should be quite bustling, with a university and business park north of the waterway and also a town hub just beside the mrt. Those that bought below 1.2k psf for own stay should be pretty pleased with how the place is developing.

Quote Originally Posted by alfanutz View Post
    At 1.6k psf, there's alot of options and if you want to make money by selling the unit, you have to sell at minimum 1.8k psf and that's really too much for this area. Within Punggol, there's no lack of EC and PC so supply is there. Paya Lebar central will be a better choice. There's a huge office/commercial/residential project coming up beside the Paya Lebar MRT and Singpost building is also undergoing renovation to become a mall (with cinema). Amongst the regional centres, it is the closest to the city and has good connectivity. That area is a laggard and probably because don't have much supporting businesses yet. I heard that Paya Lebar Square has alot of empty offices.

In another few years time, Punggol central area will be transformed. It should be quite bustling, with a university and business park north of the waterway and also a town hub just beside the mrt. Those that bought below 1.2k psf for own stay should be pretty pleased with how the place is developing.

actually with 1.6k psf there are many options to be. but with a budget of 1.3K there are some picks that are near the city or hub finge like I pointed out. or even the developing hubs which is equally ulu like Changi city point side. but the advantage of those at changi city point is the uni is already ready, the biz park is buzzing and expanding, the MRT is on the way and all the lines in the east converged to CCP. the malls are there also and easy access to airport . so from a investment or tenant pool there are many renters to tap on.

from a amenities stand pt it no way less then the WT , paris park or beach, Expo and CCP malls , uni and MRT coming up. and yet the psf is more competitive than WT! with free hold status.

look at sun haven for example. FH $1K psf and some are 900psf. There are un tap potential n compared to WT its way better value.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-sale-sunhaven

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

The latest 2 subsales falls below $1200psf.

Block Unit Last Contract Date Type Amount Psf AreaSqm AreaSqft
    65 08-09 10/29/2015 Sub Sale $1,190,000 1063 104 1119
    63 03-08 10/06/2015 Sub Sale $1,270,000 1134 104 1119
    75 04-76 07/03/2015 Sub Sale $1,700,000 1253 126 1356
    67 02-15 06/01/2015 New Sale $2,000,000 1290 144 1550
    71 06-51 05/22/2015 Sub Sale $969,400 1201 75 807
    81 10-90 05/20/2015 Sub Sale $945,000 986 89 958

There is nothing special. But it is not a bad place. No doubt, D15 is better. I agree with you. That is why a studio in Coralis will probably fetch 2.4 to 2.5k while the same studio in WT will fetch 1.8 or 2k at most. I don't think the rental will be the same for both Coralis and WT. It will NEVER be the same. Not even close. Punggol is always punggol. Sub-urban. That is why you should never pay 1.6k psf for punggol. My opinion remains unchanged. But it is not fair to compare Coralis vs WT. Like you say, as a tenant, you will choose Coralis but AT A PRICE. That price is $500 difference for a studio.

From a renter perspective Coralis is better bang for buck give its same rental price pt as WT. compare to WT there are better access to more amenities. namely malls, park, beaches , food, and near town etc. for long term investors then the MRT is also going to be right at the door step. too. but I was comparing it as a tenant not a investor coz given the rental ask for corals is 2.6k for example open to nego. while a WT is also expecting the same. even if its a bit lower the benefits is stacked against it.

as for work. well more jobs are located centrally or on the upper east hubs. so the NE side not much working folks tenants. want to bang on the seletar hub folks thats not a lot of people and there are also a lot of choices nearer to the selatar hub. like greenwich for example.

so all these hype the WT is so special frankly I don't see it at all. sorry to be blunt about it. but I see a spade I call a spade.

I think in terms of capital appreciation or rental, at 1.6kpsf is just suicidal.

1.6k psf x 1.2k sq ft = 1.9 to 2M. Every month, you pay the bank 6k? Add maintenance, taxes probably 7k? And interest rate going up but that is another story.

You pay 2M or 7k a month for a property that can rent out 3 to 3.5k? You must be nuts.

Like you said, capital gain is pretty much impossible which I fully agree. In fact, I think if you buy anything above 1.4k psf (2 bedroom and above), you will lucky not to lose money.

I think in terms of capital appreciation or rental, at 1.6kpsf is just suicidal.

1.6k psf x 1.2k sq ft = 1.9 to 2M. Every month, you pay the bank 6k? Add maintenance, taxes probably 7k? And interest rate going up but that is another story.

You pay 2M or 7k a month for a property that can rent out 3 to 3.5k? You must be nuts.

Like you said, capital gain is pretty much impossible which I fully agree. In fact, I think if you buy anything above 1.4k psf (2 bedroom and above), you will lucky not to lose money.
    Actually the two recent subsale maybe just break even ? As if they bought in Jan 2012, i think they still have to pay SSD of 4% ? From the floor area of 1119 sqft, I assume these are 3 room condo units from tower 3 and if they bought with all the discounts, the lowest psf was $980 I think ?

There's no point comparing Coralis, Sunhaven etc to WT because they are not mixed development with transport node.

Ya. No point comparing D15 to WT. Different tenants' profile also. 1k psf is a good deal actually.

Actually the two recent subsale maybe just break even ? As if they bought in Jan 2012, i think they still have to pay SSD of 4% ? From the floor area of 1119 sqft, I assume these are 3 room condo units from tower 3 and if they bought with all the discounts, the lowest psf was $980 I think ?

There's no point comparing Coralis, Sunhaven etc to WT because they are not mixed development with transport node.

actually with 1.6k psf there are many options to be. but with a budget of 1.3K there are some picks that are near the city or hub finge like I pointed out. or even the developing hubs which is equally ulu like Changi city point side. but the advantage of those at changi city point is the uni is already ready, the biz park is buzzing and expanding, the MRT is on the way and all the lines in the east converged to CCP. the malls are there also and easy access to airport . so from a investment or tenant pool there are many renters to tap on.

from a amenities stand pt it no way less then the WT , paris park or beach, Expo and CCP malls , uni and MRT coming up. and yet the psf is more competitive than WT! with free hold status.

look at sun haven for example. FH $1K psf and some are 900psf. There are un tap potential n compared to WT its way better value.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-sale-sunhaven
    Not sure why Coralis , Sun Haven...etc. are mentioned here....the amenities are not at the door steps. There's no end to comparison...because of uniqueness of each of them such as the age, the facilities, conveniences of the amenities are quite different. Not sure why we are sharing WT and other projects with no similarity are being brought in for discuss. One Bro brought up North Park Residences which I think is the most closely comparison to WT. If you missed the boat, please do not be despair and put negative remarks on WT. Let the market forces decide how much the project will cost. Buying property is not going to be cheap in land scarce Singapore, buyer are very prudent in committing the purchase and believing that will profit it at the end of the day. Go buy North Park Residences in Yishun, the current psf is about $1350. When it TOP, it should be 10-20% higher and then again WT will try to match their psf.

Here's the list of mixed developments that are integrated with transport node which I can think of :

1) Compass Heights
    2) The Centris
    3) Watertown
    4) Bedok Residences
    5) The Tennery (not too sure about this as it is connected to LRT and not MRT).
    6) Soho @ Central
    7) Tanjong Pagar Centre
    8) The Orchard Residences
    9) The Poiz Residences
    10) North Park Residences

There are others which are not mixed development but also enjoy close proximity to mall and transport node. J Gateway, Sky Vue/Sky Habitat, Centro Residences, Kovan Melody/Residences, Hillion Residences, condos around potong pasir mrt, condos around Dhoby Gaut mrt etc.

Top 10 cheapest units based on Caveat:

=======================================
    www.PropertyCarrots.com
    ☆☆Property Discovery Made Easy!☆☆
    Share your findings, discover new trends, real time transaction
    data, all in one social network for singapore property investors!
    Like Us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/propertycarrots

Quote Originally Posted by propertycarrots View Post
    Top 10 cheapest units based on Caveat:

Wow ! Those "09" stack really get it at damn good price ! I still have the original pricelist for those stack and at the transacted price, it is about 18% discount !

And if I am not wrong, those prices are excluding the stamp duty rebate and furniture voucher ?
    Last edited by alfanutz; 19-01-16 at 16:52.

Here's the list of mixed developments that are integrated with transport node which I can think of :

1) Compass Heights
    2) The Centris
    3) Watertown
    4) Bedok Residences
    5) The Tennery (not too sure about this as it is connected to LRT and not MRT).
    6) Soho @ Central
    7) Tanjong Pagar Centre
    8) The Orchard Residences
    9) The Poiz Residences
    10) North Park Residences

There are others which are not mixed development but also enjoy close proximity to mall and transport node. J Gateway, Sky Vue/Sky Habitat, Centro Residences, Kovan Melody/Residences, Hillion Residences, condos around potong pasir mrt, condos around Dhoby Gaut mrt etc.
    Few in mind..
    Mix/MRT station linked.
    Clermont Resi
    South Beach Resi
    Eden capitol Resi

Next to MRT & mall
    Soleil @ Sinaran
    Suites at Orchard

Wow, our minority suddenly became property guru overnight by posting chains of thesis advising pple which property to buy. Well done.
    Btw, do you know that recent transaction for coralis 1 bedders is around $900k? With that pathetic monthly $2400 rental (or less after minus off property tax, maintenance fee etc), the rental yield for coralis is below 3%.
    WT 1 bedders is around 5xxk to 6xxk and even if it was rented out at 1.8k per month, the rental yield is still much better than coralis. You still have the face to advise investor to go for coralis? Are u retarded?
    Coralis is good in location, near Katong 112 but it is no where near mrt. if go by your logic, then I can also say park east at Jalan Tua Kong (at Katong) also damn good wat. But did u know that one needs to walk at least 10 to 15 mins just to reach bus stop?
    Next, u embarrass yourself again by comparing Tanjong Ria, which is a 23 year old condo with a brand new condo.
    In this way, definitely all old condos are better wat. Especially those bought in 1980s. Have u thought of the condition of these old condo and the maintenance fee incurred?

By the way, if u r diligent enough, go to the ura caveat lodge and count how many WT units are selling betw 13xx to 15xx. It is 88 units. The rest (800 over units) are sold betw 9xx to 12xxpsf. (Not forgetting we have furniture and stamp duty rebate etc, the psf could be lower) Not sure why pple keep shouting WT selling at 16xxpsf where most probably only less than 5 units sold at that price.

While I agree with teddy saying that u r a big liar who twist and turn, I think u r just pure stupid and ignorant.
    Don't assume pple bought without doing any research. We did more homework than u.

Few in mind..
    Mix/MRT station linked.
    Clermont Resi
    South Beach Resi
    Eden capitol Resi

Next to MRT & mall
    Soleil @ Sinaran
    Suites at Orchard
    2 more Duo Resi and Marina One.

Wow ! Those "09" stack really get it at damn good price ! I still have the original pricelist for those stack and at the transacted price, it is about 18% discount !

And if I am not wrong, those prices are excluding the stamp duty rebate and furniture voucher ?
    Yes, the psf could be lower after furniture n stamp duty rebate. These pple got a damn good deal
    Last edited by Xan; 19-01-16 at 18:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan View Post
    Yes, the psf could be lower after furniture n stamp duty rebate. These pple got a damn good deal
    Yeah, if we factor the stamp duty rebate (approx 27k at 1.08 million) and furniture voucher (20k), their purchase price is between 925 - 934 psf !

However, to be more accurate, only those units launched on the 1st day of VVIP preview (tower 3, 8 and 9) has lower psf. Those that launched after the preview has much higher price, generally about 12xx psf. These few units in question most likely has all the discounts applied (neighbourhood discount, hdb upgrader discount etc).

I wonder why WT attracts alot of negative attention and bashing ? There's quite a few small units from Bedok Residences asking for 16xx - 18xx psf and recent caveats are at 14xx - 15xx psf for the small units. I used Bedok Residences as an example as it has similar attributes and it actually launched about the same time as WT. Well, it actually launched in Nov 2011 whereas WT launched in Jan 2012, just after the implementation of ABSD1.

Quote Originally Posted by NO_7 View Post
    I actually missed out Yew Tee Residences under the 1st category of mixed development integrated with transport node.

Duo Residences and Marina One are good addition to the 1st category, a big miss by me.

Yeah, if we factor the stamp duty rebate (approx 27k at 1.08 million) and furniture voucher (20k), their purchase price is between 925 - 934 psf !

However, to be more accurate, only those units launched on the 1st day of VVIP preview (tower 3, 8 and 9) has lower psf. Those that launched after the preview has much higher price, generally about 12xx psf. These few units in question most likely has all the discounts applied (neighbourhood discount, hdb upgrader discount etc).

I wonder why WT attracts alot of negative attention and bashing ? There's quite a few small units from Bedok Residences asking for 16xx - 18xx psf and recent caveats are at 14xx - 15xx psf for the small units. I used Bedok Residences as an example as it has similar attributes and it actually launched about the same time as WT. Well, it actually launched in Nov 2011 whereas WT launched in Jan 2012, just after the implementation of ABSD1.
    If you recall, most units (850 over units) are sold during 2012 CNY period and the psf range from 9xx to 12xx psf.
    12xxpsf units are mainly the soho units.

The rest of the units (about 88 units) sold at a higher price range from 13xx to 15xx and probably less than 5 units at 1.6kpsf.
    This exclude furniture, stamp duty, Neighbourhood discount etc. Means that the actual psf is even lower compared to the caveat data.
    Facts are facts, cannot lie one.

The only sore loser who is also a big liar here is minority, I find that others' comment are pretty balance.
    Agree WT is not in the best location but if your entry price is below 1.2kpsf, it's a reasonable deal.
    Last edited by Xan; 19-01-16 at 20:51.

Quote Originally Posted by NO_7 View Post
    I actually missed out Yew Tee Residences under the 1st category of mixed development integrated with transport node.

Duo Residences and Marina One are good addition to the 1st category, a big miss by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan View Post
    If you recall, most units (850 over units) are sold during 2012 CNY period and the psf range from 9xx to 12xx psf.
    12xxpsf units are mainly the soho units.

The rest of the units (about 88 units) sold at a higher price range from 13xx to 15xx and probably less than 5 units at 1.6kpsf.
    This exclude furniture, stamp duty, Neighbourhood discount etc. Means that the psf reflected in caveat will be even lower.
    Facts are facts, cannot lie one.

The only sore loser who is also a big liar here is only minority, I find that others' comment are pretty balance.
    Agree WT is not in the best location but if your entry price is below 1.2kpsf, it's a reasonable deal.
    I guess property is a topic that can elicit strong emotional response.

For example, I am amazed that a 4 room HDB at clementi (above Clementi mall) sold for 900k and there is a 5 room unit now asking for 1.08 million !

Personally, I won't pay that price but I won't react in a negative manner. In fact, I am happy the seller make tons of money and the buyer found his dream home. To behave otherwise is really a waste of energy.

Those 88 units should be the 4 room Sky Patio from Tower 4 and 11 ? BTW, if I am not wrong, quite a few units at Tower 1 were sold for 12xx psf as well.