Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rent my HDB and stay in condo

I am with you on this one... But we all have our preference... Which is good.

Quote Originally Posted by stiook
    I am with you on this one... But we all have our preference... Which is good.

My rental units are in relatively good locations, so rentals are not really a big problem, so far (fingers crossed).

Given my rather exacting requirements, I'm lucky that so far I get to pick my tenants, so could discount those that dont fit the profile.
    I dont bother to meet the tenants at all, just give specific instructions to my exclusive agent and if it meets my requirements, we sign the papers.

My latest rental unit recently, I accepted a european couple in their late 30s/early 40s, no kids for 2yrs lease and they wanted a slightly lower than "market" price... I agreed.

Sometimes, I feel "give and take" a bit to get the "right" tenant, at least can sleep better at night... I know nothing is guaranteed in life but hopefully can minimise the "risk"... IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by TKT
    My rental units are in relatively good locations, so rentals are not really a big problem, so far (fingers crossed).

Given my rather exacting requirements, I'm lucky that so far I get to pick my tenants, so could discount those that dont fit the profile.
    I dont bother to meet the tenants at all, just give specific instructions to my exclusive agent and if it meets my requirements, we sign the papers.

My latest rental unit recently, I accepted a european couple in their late 30s/early 40s, no kids for 2yrs lease and they wanted a slightly lower than "market" price... I agreed.

Sometimes, I feel "give and take" a bit to get the "right" tenant, at least can sleep better at night... I know nothing is guaranteed in life but hopefully can minimise the "risk"... IMHO.

Agreed. Also important to have an agent who knows your preferences so its always good to have an exclusive agent! He won't bother you if someone who don't fit the profile comes knocking on the door!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Agreed. Also important to have an agent who knows your preferences so its always good to have an exclusive agent! He won't bother you if someone who don't fit the profile comes knocking on the door!
    My "exclusive" definitely CMI... told him profile and still show me those that I don't want...in the end, change agent and got it closed within one week.

Quote Originally Posted by stiook
    My "exclusive" definitely CMI... told him profile and still show me those that I don't want...in the end, change agent and got it closed within one week.
    if u can change another agt....den where got exclusive?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    if u can change another agt....den where got exclusive?
    As long as its not two or more agents servicing you at any one time, then it is exclusive lor... change one exclusive agent to the next excclusive agent lor... Lol!

Hi,

I just want another opinion on my tenants wanting to break lease 2 months earlier ending June 2012, claiming that this will be a better time to look for new tenants for my condo unit

Do you think I should go with the suggestion and find new tenants or force them to pay another 2 months?

What is the rental market going to look like in 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    Hi,

I just want another opinion on my tenants wanting to break lease 2 months earlier ending June 2012, claiming that this will be a better time to look for new tenants for my condo unit

Do you think I should go with the suggestion and find new tenants or force them to pay another 2 months?

U shd be able to get a better rate den 2yrs ago

It also depends on your condo's location. Is your tenant leaving the country?
    Hi,

Hi,

My previous tenant wanted to break lease before the contract is up. My conditions were:-

1) Find new tenant for me (new 2 yr lease), at least matching the current rental.
    2) No additional works, painting etc...
    3) No time lapse between the old tenant and new tenant.
    4) Reimburse me the agent fee for the reduced period.
    5) Exisiting tenancy agreement in place until it is replaced with new agreement.

It's win win for everyone.... He gets to leave earlier and I get a new 2 year lease without vacant period.

I even got the old tenant's furniture for free

Are tenants oblige to fulfill these instructions? How many months outstanding for your tenant?
    Quote Originally Posted by sh
    My previous tenant wanted to break lease before the contract is up. My conditions were:-

1) Find new tenant for me (new 2 yr lease), at least matching the current rental.
    5) Exisiting tenancy agreement in place until it is replaced with new agreement.

It's win win for everyone.... He gets to leave earlier and I get a new 2 year lease without vacant period.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Are tenants oblige to fulfill these instructions? How many months outstanding for your tenant?
    Don't fulfil then I don't agree to breaking the contract lor... company lease.... can go after the company.

can't remember exact number of months.... think it is about more than 1 year to go.... He said, mother sick, need to go home, so need to break contract....etc.

Then, there's the other case... Angmo hitched an SPG and complain my unit too small, wanted to break lease too. I also imposed the same conditions. Got higher rental but needed to get some additional furniture....

Two months are difficult to imposed such conditions.
    can't remember exact number of months.... think it is about more than 1 year to go.... He said, mother sick, need to go home, so need to break contract....etc.

Then, there's the other case... Angmo hitched an SPG and complain my unit too small, wanted to break lease too. I also imposed the same conditions. Got higher rental but needed to get some additional furniture....

give and take lor.....only left 2mths....i m fine wif it if the tenant haf been good la.....if no gd.....hohoho

If left two months, instead of the five conditions, just impose one condition enough lor... I'd choose finding another tenant for me...

Quite shrewd landlords.

Thanks.
    The existing tenant extended 1 year following a 2 year's lease
    Great suggestions. my agent wanted to collect 12 months fees for 10 months.

Quote Originally Posted by TKT

Are they on corporate or personal lease?