Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glendale park or hillier

Default Glendale park or hillier

Which is a better buy? Glendale at 900 psf freehold or hillier ar 1100psf 99 years but new?

Also saw latest caveat of glendale at 807psf for 1367Sqft ? Is that right or is it because it has lots of pes area?

Quote Originally Posted by lyn
    Which is a better buy? Glendale at 900 psf freehold or hillier ar 1100psf 99 years but new?

Also saw latest caveat of glendale at 807psf for 1367Sqft ? Is that right or is it because it has lots of pes area?
    Glendale.
    Freehold.
    More space to stroll around in.
    Cross road can go Hillier to buy barang.

Glendale and Hillington Green for your consideration. Hillview Heights is too old

Affordable means small

what about Parc Palais or symphony heights? nice.

Quote Originally Posted by yjcai
    Glendale and Hillington Green for your consideration. Hillview Heights is too old

A lot of PES. About 15% of Glendale Park units are double volume ceiling at the top floor. And another 15% are ground floor units with a huge garden.

1367 sq ft is probably only a 2 bedder of 1000sq ft with 367 sqft of "airspace" and PES.

The standard size units fetch above 1000psf. Just going through the caveats - the standard size (with no PES and double volume ceiling) are 1,216, 1313, 1033 and 1,044 sq ft. Anything else probably has a lot of PES.

Further from MRT. Park Palais interior finishing not up to mark and small windows. Symphony Height a bit cheesy with the pseudo European architecture but depend on your taste.

Can consider Summerhill.

Quote Originally Posted by whoh757

Quote Originally Posted by whoh757
    Symphony Heights. When food runs out in Bukit Timah Hill or railway corridors. Family of monkeys will come. It happened before. I think it should not happen again due to DTL construction. Nature becomes no more nature. Hume station, D21. Not so close to Hillier

Parc Palais. Slightly older. Hume station, D21. Not so close to Hillier.

Overall, when they deforest this area for train construction. Animals like squirrels like to frequent condos in this area hopping around.
    Affordable means small

Summerhill is good, used to be more expensive 5-7 years ago. District is 21 and not 23
    Affordable means small

Regret not buying glendale 2 years ago. Wonder if any more upight

Hilltop Grove, Montrosa, Hillview Green

there is only one mrt right? hillview mrt next to SCB? previous plan was for a hume mrt but was finally scrapped isnt it? i.e. location wise, glendale park and hillview heights best.

summerhill: yes nice too, but i think all units either face the noisy humming upper bukit timah road or will be West facing. this not too sure, bros..

Quote Originally Posted by yjcai
    Symphony Heights. When food runs out in Bukit Timah Hill or railway corridors. Family of monkeys will come. It happened before. I think it should not happen again due to DTL construction. Nature becomes no more nature. Hume station, D21. Not so close to Hillier

Parc Palais. Slightly older. Hume station, D21. Not so close to Hillier.

Overall, when they deforest this area for train construction. Animals like squirrels like to frequent condos in this area hopping around.

there will come a time when mrt no longer becomes a significant factor in property hunt. to have one mrt station near hillview and no other amenities like supermarkets, food centre, local banks, cinemas etc to me is not a plus point for the condo. the best is of course to be near mrt and other amenities. I think many home owners here hardly take the train and I for one do not take the train.

....hahaha, perhaps not so long ago....bust-stop was a selling point too.....

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    there will come a time when mrt no longer becomes a significant factor in property hunt. to have one mrt station near hillview and no other amenities like supermarkets, food centre, local banks, cinemas etc to me is not a plus point for the condo. the best is of course to be near mrt and other amenities. I think many home owners here hardly take the train and I for one do not take the train.
    Totally agree. MRT condos are way overhyped.

What if COE is $100k again? What if one day you decide to rent it out? What if you decide to sell it?

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    What if COE is $100k again? What if one day you decide to rent it out? What if you decide to sell it?
    If COE is 100K....the economy must be doing well liao.......so what's the problem? Property price will go up too...

Then you must think about the number of expats renting east coast where there is no mrt? eateries and other amenities appeal to tenants, not just mrt. Brookvale in sunset way is unwalkable even to the main road, not to mention mrt, but you still get tenants who want to rent the place for its serenity.

u worry too much.

Quote Originally Posted by mastrix
    u worry too much.
    auntie u're not worry arrgh...?

Quote Originally Posted by flagship74
    auntie u're not worry arrgh...?
    Can u change the whole situation when u worry? Uncle, relax lah.

Can u change the whole situation when u worry? Uncle, relax lah.
    Finally u knew!!whahaha..

Quote Originally Posted by flagship74
    Finally u knew!!whahaha..
    I knew all the while, just that you still don't get it...Uncle Noob.

I knew all the while, just that you still don't get it...Uncle Noob.
    oh really auntie..wahaha...

I think it depends on the individual. Not everyone likes to stay beside a cinema or lots of large shopping malls or pubs. Some prefer peace and exclusivity in their home.

MRT would be an important factor now and in the future. I would say the lack of MRT would be a great disadvantage. As for Hillier, the shopping mall HillV2 will address some of the issues like supermarkets and food center. Once the MRT station is up, you're sure to find lots of retail and makan outlets within the station as well. And also the conserved rail corridor nearby and Bukit Timah Hill and Bt Batok Hill and Mindef and Dairy Farm conservation area would ensure green spaces remain where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    I think it depends on the individual. Not everyone likes to stay beside a cinema or lots of large shopping malls or pubs. Some prefer peace and exclusivity in their home.

MRT would be an important factor now and in the future. I would say the lack of MRT would be a great disadvantage. As for Hillier, the shopping mall HillV2 will address some of the issues like supermarkets and food center. Once the MRT station is up, you're sure to find lots of retail and makan outlets within the station as well. And also the conserved rail corridor nearby and Bukit Timah Hill and Bt Batok Hill and Mindef and Dairy Farm conservation area would ensure green spaces remain where they are.
    ...so sounds like a good buy......

If i have to live in Hillview, i rather pay for any of the FH dev than to buy Hillier. No brainer.

800psf for 1 bedder maybe can buy...there is a price for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel
    If i have to live in Hillview, i rather pay for any of the FH dev than to buy Hillier. No brainer.

that is what i have been saying...new launch high price nevermind there will be people who will bite no matter the price launched..developer laughing to the bank even cost is low will sell high...resale dead meat ...so those bought high at new launch next time want to sell at resale will know the taste compared to those who bought low can play with the price when they sell...
    Last edited by peterng8; 28-12-11 at 11:15.

not necessary true ... .. size/conditions matter ..also comparing apple with orange Hillier is small units vs old freehold big units

and nowadays MM is a sure way of making $$

TREVISTA LORONG 3 TOA PAYOH Condominium 1 710,000 463 Strata 1,534psf Nov-11

8@WOODLEIGH WOODLEIGH CLOSE Condominium 1 585,000 398 Strata 1,469 Sep-11

KOVAN GRANDEUR TAMPINES ROAD Apartment 1 610,000 398 Strata 1,532 Nov-11
    Last edited by phantom_opera; 28-12-11 at 11:24.
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    not necessary true ... .. size/conditions matter ..also comparing apple with orange Hillier is small units vs old freehold big units

and nowadays MM is a sure way of making $$

TREVISTA LORONG 3 TOA PAYOH Condominium 1 710,000 463 Strata 1,534psf Nov-11

I would think that it is the quantum in which location that matters to some of them... not psf itself...